Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,878 members, 7,821,052 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:30 AM

Address Me As, Muhammadu Buhari, Not General - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Address Me As, Muhammadu Buhari, Not General (2971 Views)

Buhari Not Harrasing Jonathan's Family, Law is Taking Its Course - Presidency / Buhari Not In London For Treatment- Femi Adesina / Buhari Not Attending ChannelsTV Debate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Address Me As, Muhammadu Buhari, Not General by Naijaland12: 3:57pm On May 17, 2015
With the acronym, GMB (General Muhammadu Buhari) he rode to victory at the last general election but he now wants to be addressed differently.
The official portraits of Nigeria’s president-elect and his vice-president, have been unveiled by their media team in Abuja.

And after being sworn in on 29 May, Major-General Muhammadu Buhari will now want to be addressed simply as Muhammadu Buhari, President, Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces Federal Republic of Nigeria.

His deputy will also be addressed as Professor Yemi Osinbajo, SAN, Vice President, Federal Republic of Nigeria.

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/05/17/address-me-as-muhammadu-buhari-not-general/
Re: Address Me As, Muhammadu Buhari, Not General by aristocrazzy: 3:59pm On May 17, 2015
grin
Re: Address Me As, Muhammadu Buhari, Not General by Nobody: 3:59pm On May 17, 2015
shatap boohorror .

you are who you are .

clown general boohooror . cool

i no dey laugh sef cool

3 Likes

Re: Address Me As, Muhammadu Buhari, Not General by redcliff: 4:03pm On May 17, 2015
TRIBALSTOOGE:
shatap boohorror .

you are who you are .

i no dey laugh sef cool

Smh...

3 Likes

Re: Address Me As, Muhammadu Buhari, Not General by Skryptchex(m): 4:05pm On May 17, 2015
TRIBALSTOOGE:

i no dey laugh sef cool

nobody expect you to laugh before now.
Re: Address Me As, Muhammadu Buhari, Not General by akinszz: 4:08pm On May 17, 2015
Gbe enu soun. You lack sense.
TRIBALSTOOGE:
shatap boohorror .

you are who you are .

i no dey laugh sef cool

4 Likes

Re: Address Me As, Muhammadu Buhari, Not General by Nobody: 4:10pm On May 17, 2015
akinszz:
Gbe enu soun. You lack sense.

shocked slow poke .
Re: Address Me As, Muhammadu Buhari, Not General by MCMLXXVI(m): 4:10pm On May 17, 2015
But truthfully speaking, Buhari is NOT a "GENERAL". He is a MAJOR GENERAL, which is two ranks below an actual General. And no, they are not the same thing.
In the army, the Brigadier-General (one star) precedes the Major-General (two stars) which comes before the Lieutenant-General (three stars), and THEN the General (four stars).
The "GMB" label was actually a misnomer.

3 Likes

Re: Address Me As, Muhammadu Buhari, Not General by donphilopus: 4:11pm On May 17, 2015
He would now be addressed as President Muhammadu Buhari (PMB), otherwise known as Post Mail Bag!!! cheesy grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Address Me As, Muhammadu Buhari, Not General by Nobody: 4:16pm On May 17, 2015
what about the slogan "the peoples general " ?

islamic general with no sapitiketi . grin
Re: Address Me As, Muhammadu Buhari, Not General by donphilopus: 4:16pm On May 17, 2015
MCMLXXVI:
But truthfully speaking, Buhari is NOT a "GENERAL". He is a MAJOR GENERAL, which is two ranks below an actual General. And no, they are not the same thing.
In the army, the Major-General (two stars) comes before the Lieutenant-General (three stars), and THEN the General (four stars).

If not for the sincerity of Buhari, he would have been a General. Most of the so-called Retired/late Generals (like Abacha and Babangida) we have today were his inferiors when they were still in Service. He didn't just wanna promote himself in a dubious way like them. He's Mr 'Due Process'... He's worth the General tag and he deserves it!

3 Likes

Re: Address Me As, Muhammadu Buhari, Not General by MCMLXXVI(m): 4:18pm On May 17, 2015
donphilopus:

If not for the sincerity of Buhari, he would have been a General. Most of the so-called Retired/late Generals (like Abacha and Babangida) we have today were his inferiors when they were still in Service. He didn't just wanna promote himself in a dubious way like them. He's Mr 'Due Process'... He's worth the General tag and he deserves it!

Source? tongue grin

1 Like

Re: Address Me As, Muhammadu Buhari, Not General by akinszz: 4:19pm On May 17, 2015
You get it, thats what you are.
TRIBALSTOOGE:

shocked slow poke .
Re: Address Me As, Muhammadu Buhari, Not General by donphilopus: 4:20pm On May 17, 2015
MCMLXXVI:

Source? tongue grin

Is it not visible to the blind, audible to the deaf, vocal to the dumb and perceivable to the anosmia?!
Re: Address Me As, Muhammadu Buhari, Not General by cleatoris: 4:22pm On May 17, 2015
TRIBALSTOOGE:
shatap boohorror .
you are who you are .
i no dey laugh sef cool
Honestly, you need to drink bleach to end your idiotic misery.

3 Likes

Re: Address Me As, Muhammadu Buhari, Not General by MCMLXXVI(m): 4:22pm On May 17, 2015
donphilopus:

Is it not visible to the blind, audible to the deaf, vocal to the dumb and perceivable to the anosmia?!

No it isn't.
Have any valid transcripts or audio publications?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Address Me As, Muhammadu Buhari, Not General by Nobody: 4:24pm On May 17, 2015
akinszz:
You get it, thats what you are.

grin grin grin

you can have your primitive general serve you now .

he is not my president ,he is not vessel of lite .

he is a true jihadist . you can have him how you want it .

boko haram negotiator .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Address Me As, Muhammadu Buhari, Not General by BlackTechnology: 4:24pm On May 17, 2015
I hope he is not a product of Quota System undecided

Anyway

Buhari

Prove us wrong that you are not

BABA ONE CHANCE

BABA HYPOCRITE

BABA MAGICIAN

Prove us wrong by probing

Tinubu OBJ Saraki Atiku Rochas Amaechi

Prove us wrong by probing the corrupt Federal Civil Service which is dominated by Tinubu's people

Sir

Tinubu's people voted you because they believe they can steal the oil wealth and presidency through you

They believe Tinubu through Osinbajo can control your government the way Idiagbon did

Sir

They do not believe in change because if they do, they would have voted you in 2007 and 2011

Remember that you are a descendant of Usman Dan Fodio

Remember that your ancestors never allowed the Oduduwas deceive them

WISE UP wink wink wink cool

2 Likes

Re: Address Me As, Muhammadu Buhari, Not General by donphilopus: 4:25pm On May 17, 2015
MCMLXXVI:

No it isn't.
Have any valid transcripts or audio publications?

As in how
Re: Address Me As, Muhammadu Buhari, Not General by Nobody: 4:26pm On May 17, 2015
cleatoris:

Honestly, you need to drink bleach to end your idiotic misery.

did i said something wrong ?

is he not a general ?
Re: Address Me As, Muhammadu Buhari, Not General by okiezman(m): 4:26pm On May 17, 2015
aristocrazzy:
grin

This space booker
Re: Address Me As, Muhammadu Buhari, Not General by MCMLXXVI(m): 4:27pm On May 17, 2015
donphilopus:

As in how
Audio clip of Buhari saying he wasn't going to promote himself. MP3 or it didn't happen.

1 Like

Re: Address Me As, Muhammadu Buhari, Not General by aristocrazzy: 4:28pm On May 17, 2015
okiezman:

This space booker
Hope it doesn't bite you.
Re: Address Me As, Muhammadu Buhari, Not General by donphilopus: 4:31pm On May 17, 2015
MCMLXXVI:

Audio clip of Buhari saying he wasn't going to promote himself.
MP3 or it didn't happen.

Your case is pathetic!

Anyway, you can get that here:

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2013/07/06/buhari-why-i-didnt-promote-myself-army-general/

http://www.punchng.com/news/why-i-retired-as-major-general-buhari/

You need more?!
Re: Address Me As, Muhammadu Buhari, Not General by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:41pm On May 17, 2015
MCMLXXVI:
In the army, the Brigadier-General (one star) precedes the Major-General (two stars) which comes before the Lieutenant-General (three stars), and THEN the General (four stars).
A General is a General, but with different stages. The same thing applies to a Lieutenant-Colonel who is addressed as though he is a Colonel. Today, T. Y. Danjuma is addressed as a General, but he retired as a Lieutenant-General.

1 Like

Re: Address Me As, Muhammadu Buhari, Not General by cleatoris: 4:45pm On May 17, 2015
TRIBALSTOOGE:
did i said something wrong
is he not a general ?
How can you know you're saying the wrong thing when the toddler's poo you got for brains has made you incapable of thinking?

Once again, go and drink some bleach. It will wash off the dirt in your brains and end your misery.

1 Like

Re: Address Me As, Muhammadu Buhari, Not General by Nobody: 4:53pm On May 17, 2015
cleatoris:

How can you know you're saying the wrong thing when the toddler's poo you got for brains has made you incapable of thinking?

Once again, go and drink some bleach. It will wash off the dirt in your brains and end your misery.

make sure say ,you send da money come ,

wey i go use buy da bleach bottle filled with chlorine . grin
Re: Address Me As, Muhammadu Buhari, Not General by cleatoris: 4:57pm On May 17, 2015
TRIBALSTOOGE:

make sure say ,you send da money come
wey i go use buy da bleach bottle filled with chlorine . grin
L a g b a j a, notin for u! grin

1 Like

Re: Address Me As, Muhammadu Buhari, Not General by MCMLXXVI(m): 4:59pm On May 17, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

A General is a General, but with different stages. The same thing applies to a Lieutenant-Colonel who is addressed as though he is a Colonel. Today, T. Y. Danjuma is addressed as a General, but he retired as a Lieutenant-General.

A Major-General is NOT a General. It is not even a "type of General" or a stage. That this misnomer is often overlooked in Nigeria does not make it valid. They cannot be used interchangeably. Military nomenclature has its rules.
Re: Address Me As, Muhammadu Buhari, Not General by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 5:05pm On May 17, 2015
donphilopus:

Promote himself upon his inability to pass exams? It's not possible

Show me any military officer on the rank of Brigadier General and above without accolades acquired through military courses and exams passed accept Maj. General Buhari

1 Like

Re: Address Me As, Muhammadu Buhari, Not General by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:13pm On May 17, 2015
MCMLXXVI:

A Major-General is NOT a General. It is not even a "type of General" or a stage. That this misnomer is often overlooked in Nigeria does not make it valid. They cannot be used interchangeably. Military nomenclature has its rules.
You know nothing about the military.
Re: Address Me As, Muhammadu Buhari, Not General by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:18pm On May 17, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

Promote himself upon his inability to pass exams? It's not possible

Show me any military officer on the rank of Brigadier General and above without accolades acquired through military courses and exams passed accept Maj. General Buhari
Ngwakwe, you're pained. Your candidate, Jonathan lost. You also lost your job as a moderator in the politics section. You're ashamed of using your Ngwakwe handle.
Buhari became Head of State as a Major General and remained so 20 months after he was overthrown. Murtala Muhammed became Head of State as a Brigadier. He was a full General when he was assassinated 6 months later.

(1) (2) (Reply)

OHANAEZE Warns Igbos To Reject Ministerial Appointments / My Government As Emperor Of The Country Of Western Nigeria Will Be Transparent / South Eastern Soups Are The Most Nutritious----expert

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.