Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,039 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:20 AM

Panic As America Quarantines 81 Ebola Suspects - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Panic As America Quarantines 81 Ebola Suspects (33934 Views)

Panic As 'Danfo Driver' Faints During Confrontation With LASTMA Officials / Germany Quarantines Suspected Ebola Patient From Nigeria / Ebola Is Here: 5 Reasons Not To Panic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Panic As America Quarantines 81 Ebola Suspects by tomiobj(m): 4:37pm On Oct 03, 2014
saint047: http://www.punchng.com/news/panic-as-america-quarantines-81-ebola-suspects/
. 81 is too much. They can't contain it.
Re: Panic As America Quarantines 81 Ebola Suspects by PHIPEX(m): 4:45pm On Oct 03, 2014
Since their Zmapp is not yet proven to be effective, I hope they will be humble enough to ask Nigeria for the drug u.at did the magic here. Even if it means accepting the once relected ' Pesticide' . This should be a great lesson to every egocentric man out there.

2 Likes

Re: Panic As America Quarantines 81 Ebola Suspects by Nobody: 4:50pm On Oct 03, 2014
F117A: What is all these PR you are doing for america?
Are you being paid?
I wouldn't mind that for a part-time job.
Link me bro.

Well, the point is....if you do not do someting for yourself, others will do it for you.

We could have been the world leader in tropical diseases research and in finding cures and even developing medical materials to handle the problems. The fact we are not has a lot to do with our reliance on oil, which prevents us from considering education and scientific research as very important...since we can always use our oil money to import it.

The problem with all them who blame the Yanks is that they are blind to the fact that Nigeria could have been a lot better if we had not been so resource dependent. Resource dependency prevents one from seeing how important education is. Countries like the US and China and Japan....they have relatively limited resources....so they have no choice but to invest in their education for growth. That is why they are doing much of the research on Ebola.

I am sorry you can't see my ultimate point. Perhaps the reason is that you Nigerians do not consider education as a means to self reliance. No, you consider education as a means to help you corner a bit of the oil money. Thus, Nigerian remains backward, and cannot do basic research for a cure for ebola...rather we would use our oil money to buy cures ....including crackpot cures like Nano Silver(which was invented by an American, not a Nigerian).

So,stop blaming the whites. Blame yourself. And then improve yourself. Criticism, even when unfairly given...does a whole lot of good.

3 Likes

Re: Panic As America Quarantines 81 Ebola Suspects by Nobody: 4:53pm On Oct 03, 2014
PHIPEX: Since their Zmapp is not yet proven to be effective, I hope they will be humble enough to ask Nigeria for the drug u.at did the magic here. Even if it means accepting the once relected ' Pesticide' . This should be a great lesson to every egocentric man out there.

What we did in Nigeria was strong supprtive treatment....with antibiotics, IV fluid, and bedrest....which, as research(done largely by Americans and Europeans) shows is imprtant to fight Ebola.

Better thank the Americans. grin

And here is why Zmapp was so difficult to get to the end user. Try to read it...click here

4 Likes

Re: Panic As America Quarantines 81 Ebola Suspects by Nobody: 4:54pm On Oct 03, 2014
tomiobj: . 81 is too much. They can't contain it.

They can and they will...after all Nigeria contained 200 contacts well enough!

2 Likes

Re: Panic As America Quarantines 81 Ebola Suspects by Nobody: 4:56pm On Oct 03, 2014
It's high time we ban flights to USA.

4 Likes

Re: Panic As America Quarantines 81 Ebola Suspects by Nobody: 5:17pm On Oct 03, 2014
Embarrassing comments.

1 Like

Re: Panic As America Quarantines 81 Ebola Suspects by Nobody: 5:22pm On Oct 03, 2014
aanumama: It's high time we ban flights to USA.

And who do you think cares?

3 Likes

Re: Panic As America Quarantines 81 Ebola Suspects by Nobody: 5:23pm On Oct 03, 2014
Alfred200825: remove nigeria from that list nd besides the world is looking up to Nigeria, Nigerians and President Jonathan.
better Citizen no mind those smellows

2 Likes

Re: Panic As America Quarantines 81 Ebola Suspects by Nobody: 5:23pm On Oct 03, 2014
englishmart: [size=45pt] Ebola knows no bounds.
Ebola is scared of nobody except ebola itself [/size]
I tell u... Ebola seems to be on a mission.... Any way God power pass am ooo
Re: Panic As America Quarantines 81 Ebola Suspects by Nobody: 5:25pm On Oct 03, 2014
carefreewannabe:

And who do you think cares?
america

2 Likes

Re: Panic As America Quarantines 81 Ebola Suspects by Nobody: 5:25pm On Oct 03, 2014
john4reala:
america

I don't think so.

1 Like

Re: Panic As America Quarantines 81 Ebola Suspects by Nobody: 5:27pm On Oct 03, 2014
Beehshorp: they have an African president in Obama so they should gladly accept African gifts without panic
LOL @ African gifts ..... Ooo.... On a more serious note Ebola aint a gift @ all, na pure EVIL
Re: Panic As America Quarantines 81 Ebola Suspects by M4gunners: 5:27pm On Oct 03, 2014
I have heard this yesterday on CNN all i can say is US over to you guys.
Re: Panic As America Quarantines 81 Ebola Suspects by donigspain(m): 5:27pm On Oct 03, 2014
Too bad!

1 Like

Re: Panic As America Quarantines 81 Ebola Suspects by Afrok(m): 5:28pm On Oct 03, 2014
Whenever I look at the way Liberians are sharing Ebola across border like National cake (share the money), I can't but wonder if THE DEVIL is not actually from Liberia. Small country that adds to health liabilities of other countries.

Well I can only pray for everything that worked for Nigeria during the hard times of Ebola outbreak should work for America too, but at this moment all accolades should be given to Nigeria.

God Bless Federal Republic of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Panic As America Quarantines 81 Ebola Suspects by vickylala239: 5:30pm On Oct 03, 2014
hmmmmm
Re: Panic As America Quarantines 81 Ebola Suspects by major466(m): 5:30pm On Oct 03, 2014
The US deliberately let Ebola land on their soil for one of their numerous covert operations. Are my surprise that the infected candidate is black? Nope.

3 Likes

Re: Panic As America Quarantines 81 Ebola Suspects by Franchise21(m): 5:31pm On Oct 03, 2014
Just hope dis quickens their actions on d cure for d deadly virus
Re: Panic As America Quarantines 81 Ebola Suspects by aadejesu: 5:33pm On Oct 03, 2014
Im so ashamed of Nigerians making hateful comments towards another country about something so deadly as the ebola virus. for Christ sakes, this is something that kills, and here you are wishing it on other races and these same set of wicked human beings dare condem shekau.........guess what, you are the same as shekau. and shame on you if you are part of that bunch.

adavize: Paramedics who transported the patient to the hospital have been isolated, Rawlings’ chief of staff said. They have not shown symptoms of the disease so far, Frieden said.

The ambulance used to carry the patient was still in use for two days after the transport, city of Dallas spokeswoman Sana Syed said.

But she emphasised that the paramedics decontaminated the ambulance, as they do after every transport, according to national standards.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Ebola patient in Dallas will not be given ZMapp, the experimental drug used to treat several international aid workers and medical staff, including at least two Americans, because stocks have run out.

ZMapp is one of the drugs that is being rushed into trials in the epidemic, along with other drugs that will need more safety data in animals and humans before they are administered to patients.

There have been very few doses available and stocks have all been used up, but the San Diego-based company behind ZMapp is pressing ahead with the manufacture of more supplies. It is not an easy drug to make, however. It includes three man-made antibodies to the virus which are grown in tobacco leaves and take months to produce. (Guardian UK, October 1st 2014)

GOD BLESS AMERICA!

DONT LET YOUR CONSPIRACIES AND HATE GET IN THE WAY OF THE TRUTH. ASK YOUR GOVERNMENT WHAT FACILITIES AND RESEARCH IT HAS PUT IN PLACE.

8 Likes

Re: Panic As America Quarantines 81 Ebola Suspects by skyeboy98(m): 5:33pm On Oct 03, 2014
What goes around comes around,de yankees thought that they ar imuns to ebola now they have there own share of it,

1 Like

Re: Panic As America Quarantines 81 Ebola Suspects by IbokUtoroh(m): 5:33pm On Oct 03, 2014
fingers crossed, waiting to here from the opposition party in the US to call for the sack of their health minister n also call obama clueless like what happen in nigeria wit the so called emPTY VESSELED OPPOSITION PARTY CREW.
APC NAIRALAND branch abeg is obama clueless too?
Re: Panic As America Quarantines 81 Ebola Suspects by Nobody: 5:33pm On Oct 03, 2014
Why are Liberians terrorising the world with ebola? They're just spreading the 'love' angry
Re: Panic As America Quarantines 81 Ebola Suspects by omoadeleye(m): 5:34pm On Oct 03, 2014
now it will not be, Ebola virus which has killed 3000 plus people in Senegal, Liberia, Nigeria and Sierra
Leaone , but it will now become headline like , Ebola virus which has killed 3000 plus people in Senegal, Liberia, Nigeria Sierra
Leaone and America

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Panic As America Quarantines 81 Ebola Suspects by soulglo: 5:35pm On Oct 03, 2014
F117A: Where is soulglo?
Ebola has entered almighty america.
What do you say about that?

Emmm. Why callest thou me?
Re: Panic As America Quarantines 81 Ebola Suspects by Nobody: 5:35pm On Oct 03, 2014
Wow, USA having a taste of Ebola tongue .... They gonna show the leadership Nigerian has shown !
Re: Panic As America Quarantines 81 Ebola Suspects by Nobody: 5:36pm On Oct 03, 2014
bushdoc9919:

And don't forget the millions of dollars in aid the US gives to Africa...including for health care, as well as the American medics , working with NGO's and religious bodies, that are at the frontlines in the Ebola battle.
Bros please spare me... I am sure you really do not understand that the so called American benevolence is like a Trojan horse.

4 Likes

Re: Panic As America Quarantines 81 Ebola Suspects by lawrenceunaa: 5:38pm On Oct 03, 2014
shey zmapp no fit heal Ebola again undecided

God bless 9ja

2 Likes

Re: Panic As America Quarantines 81 Ebola Suspects by phreakabit(m): 5:39pm On Oct 03, 2014
Safe to say 90% of Liberians have Ebola. . No?

OK let's be logical, I'd say 70%
Re: Panic As America Quarantines 81 Ebola Suspects by foxyac3(m): 5:41pm On Oct 03, 2014
America will hear!!! And America has heard
Re: Panic As America Quarantines 81 Ebola Suspects by F117A: 5:44pm On Oct 03, 2014
soulglo:

Emmm. Why callest thou me?
I am sure you know why.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Delta Quack Doctor Bursted While Performing Illegal Abortion (Video) / Checkout This Lady's Amazing Weight Loss Progress From January To July / Help: I Am Having Diffculty Fallen Asleep

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.