Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,200 members, 7,839,084 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:31 PM

Why Can't APC Present Fashola As Presidential Candidate - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Can't APC Present Fashola As Presidential Candidate (3826 Views)

Official Portrait Of Fashola As Minister Of Power, Works And Housing / New Hurdle For Amaechi, Fashola As Senate Rules That Two Senators Must Endorse E / APC Drops Buhari & Picks Tambuwal As Presidential Candidate? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Can't APC Present Fashola As Presidential Candidate by Enahi(f): 5:53pm On Oct 03, 2014
Gbawe:

Don't mind people like that. How many times did I mention "reality on the ground" before he still went ahead to conclude the APC is an "ethnic Party"? Should the Party work in defiance of the reality attached to its own electorate? Is that not madness? Would that not be tantamount to following the saying "if you fail to plan then you plan to fail"? Yes APC should go to the polls naively and embracing idealism to ignorantly present Fashola so that the North can stay at home, the SE and SS unquestioningly give 100% figures for GEJ and the SW alone suddenly double in size to give Fashola a win.

Obvious most people are followers and can simply not understand the constraints and reality affecting the decisions leaders make. Yes the APC will foolishly follow the hankering of a few in the Nigerian elite/educated class and ignore the reality attached to as much as 80% of the population. Very wise indeed and a recipe for a 'resounding' 2015 win.
1000 likes for your comments,you are wise. Someone was telling me trash today how He is going to join APC because PDP won't be in power in 2015 and I couldn't help but laugh. APC can't smell the Presidency in 2015,they should just forget about it. Fashola would have been a great idea,but it won't favour him for now. The hanger-on in APC e.g Atiku and Buhari killed the party,they ain't getting no votes from the SE and SS,even Igbos in Lagos won't vote APC for Presidency..
Re: Why Can't APC Present Fashola As Presidential Candidate by patrickmuf(m): 6:02pm On Oct 03, 2014
Gbawe:

Is it not time you guys talking of "Fashola for 2015" face the reality of your own country for god sake? Why continue to talk as if Nigeria is the most sophisticated democracy in the world with the most discerning and refined electorate when the reality is that your people are unashamedly ethnocentric, highly prejudiced, currently very divided plus religiously and sectionally biased?

Present Fashola and the North will be largely apathetic. If you are from the SW do you think SW votes alone will defeat the "consensus candidate" of the PDP i.e Jonathan? If from the North, do you think the North, given all that has happened, is currently in the mood to vote for a ticket without a Northern Presidential candidate? If you are from the SS and SE do you want to fool yourself that many of your folks will vote Fashola instead of GEJ? You guys go on, without any pragmatism whatsoever, about Fashola for President without realising that the reality of your nation means you are asking the APC to commit suicide doing this.

It is not about the APC being "sincere". Fashola is a treasured and important member of the Party. He will play a very important part now or in the future. What the APC will not do is foolishly heed the "present Fashola and I will vote for APC" blackmail noise common to Nigerians from the SE and SS when the world knows many are already 100% committed to voting for Jonathan. Face the reality of your nation. Doing so will allow you all to tell the truth and shame the devil. Anyone really interested in the defeat of the PDP will see and focus on what can achieve that and not tout some pipe dream the reality on the ground can never achieve.
Excellent analysis
Re: Why Can't APC Present Fashola As Presidential Candidate by sniyi1: 6:10pm On Oct 03, 2014
It's a pity many so called political exponents on this forum don't understand that Buhari can't deliver any longer even in the north. In many parts of d north, politicians use buhari to campaign n get into office. these same politicians don't encourage people to vote for buhari, It's y GEJ will split votes with him in d core north n sweep d middle belt. Atleast now I understand d idiosyncrasies of d average APC followeeeee
Re: Why Can't APC Present Fashola As Presidential Candidate by Gbawe: 6:20pm On Oct 03, 2014
sniyi1: It's a pity many so called political exponents on this forum don't understand that Buhari can't deliver any longer even in the north. In many parts of d north, politicians use buhari to campaign n get into office. these same politicians don't encourage people to vote for buhari, It's y GEJ will split votes with him in d core north n sweep d middle belt. Atleast now I understand d idiosyncrasies of d average APC followeeeee

You see how you, as the OP, has gone full circle in the agenda of deceit you devotees of GEJ think you can use to deceive others? You started off campaigning for Fashola yet ended up attacking Buhari (default behaviour for Jonathanians) when APC has not chosen who will run for what.

If genuinely interested in Fashola, why has your argument not consistently remained about selling the virtues of the Lagos Governor? Why veer towards Buhari who has nothing to do with this issue given that he is not the only Northerner vying for the APC ticket?

I guess the fact that Buhari did well last time against GEJ, with virtually nil votes from the SE and SS , is troubling you two-faced charlatan because you realise that a SW voting passionately for Buhari because of a VP candidate 'appealing' to the region , when the same people were apathetic in 2011, might just dismiss your messiah from Aso Rock.
Re: Why Can't APC Present Fashola As Presidential Candidate by Nobody: 6:30pm On Oct 03, 2014
sniyi1: It's a pity many so called political exponents on this forum don't understand that Buhari can't deliver any longer even in the north. In many parts of d north, politicians use buhari to campaign n get into office. these same politicians don't encourage people to vote for buhari, It's y GEJ will split votes with him in d core north n sweep d middle belt. Atleast now I understand d idiosyncrasies of d average APC followeeeee

Your lie does not have competition........

Buhari will continue to pull massive votes in the North till he says he is retiring from politics.......the massive following he has even amongst open-minded and detribalised folks like me even though i am not from the North has no description

Mind you the dynamics of 2015 election will be seriously different from what happened in 2011 wherein some Northern PDP Governors strategically worked for GEJ to make at least 25% in core places in the North while allowing the massive rigging to be concluded in the SS and SE. This they did with the mindset that GEJ was only going to do just one term and not having known a bit about him,they felt he could be trusted

Now the shoeless one have tasted power and the Northerners rightly or wrongly have watched in horror how GEJ have tactically tried to destroy the North with his ethnoreligious politicking. He refused to act on Boko Haram issue when they started bombing at first just immediately after his election,prefering to listen to his Ijaw people and some SEners who told him not to mind them that shebi na dem dem they are bombing

The anti-Jonathan sentiments in the North is at an all time High which APC is poised to reap from massively.....that is why JOnathanians who know what this portend for the electoral fortunes of the APC have been using so many approach and propaganda to demonise APC who is poised to benefit from Jonathan's naive politicking

I pray God to keep us all beyond 2015......i want to see how Northerners which SEners and SSners have been deriding as BHaramists,Aboki,Terrorists,Born-2-Rule and Islamic fanatics will still vote for the same man who has tactically allowed them to be brought to shame in order to satisfy people like you who thinks in a one way direction

Most Northern PDP Governors will simply look away during the Presidential elections which will come up first and allow people to vote their choice only to come back in two weeks time to do a combination of serious politicking to install a successor or get their second term ticket
Re: Why Can't APC Present Fashola As Presidential Candidate by sniyi1: 6:30pm On Oct 03, 2014
Gbawe:

You see how you, as the OP, has gone full circle in the agenda of deceit you devotees of GEJ think you can use to deceive others? You started off campaigning for Fashola yet ended up attacking Buhari (default behaviour for Jonathanians) when APC has not chosen who will run for what.

If genuinely interested in Fashola, why has your argument not consistently remained about selling the virtues of the Lagos Governor? Why veer towards Buhari who has nothing to do with this issue given that he is not the only Northerner vying for the APC ticket?

I guess the fact that Buhari did well last time against GEJ, with virtually nil votes from the SE and SS , is troubling you two-faced charlatan because you realise that a SW voting passionately for Buhari because of a VP candidate 'appealing' to the region , when the same people were apathetic in 2011, might just dismiss your messiah from Aso Rock.
I've not gone against Fasholas candidature n I'm not pro Jonathan. mine was a response to d pro buhari camp who believe he can deliver bulk vote from d north. I've stated what's going to happen if buhari stands against GEJ. This is d basis of my stance, why not Fashola. BTW I live in d north, I feel what d people here do n say.
Re: Why Can't APC Present Fashola As Presidential Candidate by ASL33: 6:43pm On Oct 03, 2014
Gbawe:

Is it not time you guys talking of "Fashola for 2015" face the reality of your own country for god sake? Why continue to talk as if Nigeria is the most sophisticated democracy in the world with the most discerning and refined electorate when the reality is that your people are unashamedly ethnocentric, highly prejudiced, currently very divided plus religiously and sectionally biased?

Present Fashola and the North will be largely apathetic. If you are from the SW do you think SW votes alone will defeat the "consensus candidate" of the PDP i.e Jonathan? If from the North, do you think the North, given all that has happened, is currently in the mood to vote for a ticket without a Northern Presidential candidate? If you are from the SS and SE do you want to fool yourself that many of your folks will vote Fashola instead of GEJ? You guys go on, without any pragmatism whatsoever, about Fashola for President without realising that the reality of your nation means you are asking the APC to commit suicide doing this.

It is not about the APC being "sincere". Fashola is a treasured and important member of the Party. He will play a very important part now or in the future. What the APC will not do is foolishly heed the "present Fashola and I will vote for APC" blackmail noise common to Nigerians from the SE and SS when the world knows many are already 100% committed to voting for Jonathan. Face the reality of your nation. Doing so will allow you all to tell the truth and shame the devil. Anyone really interested in the defeat of the PDP will see and focus on what can achieve that and not tout some pipe dream the reality on the ground can never achieve.
So the only reason you and APC don't want fashola is because you people don't want the north to be apathetic. How shameful is this comment. Please the north at the expense of Nigeria. Again if you assume that Nigerian democracy is not sophisticated why blame the non performing elected officials, why not leave them cos the democracy is not sophisticated enough for them to perform. As far as am concerned Fashola is the only person that can challenge GEJ. Sympathy nomination of Buhari makes the election a one way ride for Jonathan.

2 Likes

Re: Why Can't APC Present Fashola As Presidential Candidate by Nobody: 6:43pm On Oct 03, 2014
sniyi1:
I've not gone against Fasholas candidature n I'm not pro Jonathan. mine was a response to d pro buhari camp who believe he can deliver bulk vote from d north. I've stated what's going to happen if buhari stands against GEJ. This is d basis of my stance, why not Fashola. BTW I live in d north, I feel what d people here do n say.
I get your point though and I use to feel the same way. However, I will suggest you read through gbawe's posts again carefully and with an open mind. This is not Fashola's time. The SW votes alone cannot bring in Fashola. SE cannot be trusted, The northern electorates will not be motivated enough to casts their votes. Where does that leave APC? This is only chance for APC to fully utilize the general's popularity in the North. Fashola's time will surely come.
Re: Why Can't APC Present Fashola As Presidential Candidate by sniyi1: 6:44pm On Oct 03, 2014
soroptimist:

Your lie does not have competition........

Buhari will continue to pull massive votes in the North till he says he is retiring from politics.......the massive following he has even amongst open-minded and detribalised folks like me even though i am not from the North has no description

Mind you the dynamics of 2015 election will be seriously different from what happened in 2011 wherein some Northern PDP Governors strategically worked for GEJ to make at least 25% in core places in the North while allowing the massive rigging to be concluded in the SS and SE. This they did with the mindset that GEJ was only going to do just one term and not having known a bit about him,they felt he could be trusted

Now the shoeless one have tasted power and the Northerners rightly or wrongly have watched in horror how GEJ have tactically tried to destroy the North with his ethnoreligious politicking. He refused to act on Boko Haram issue when they started bombing at first just immediately after his election,prefering to listen to his Ijaw people and some SEners who told him not to mind them that shebi na dem dem they are bombing

The anti-Jonathan sentiments in the North is at an all time High which APC is poised to reap from massively.....that is why JOnathanians who know what this portend for the electoral fortunes of the APC have been using so many approach and propaganda to demonise APC who is poised to benefit from Jonathan's naive politicking

I pray God to keep us all beyond 2015......i want to see how Northerners which SEners and SSners have been deriding as BHaramists,Aboki,Terrorists,Born-2-Rule and Islamic fanatics will still vote for the same man who has tactically allowed them to be brought to shame in order to satisfy people like you who thinks in a one way direction

Most Northern PDP Governors will simply look away during the Presidential elections which will come up first and allow people to vote their choice only to come back in two weeks time to do a combination of serious politicking to install a successor or get their second term ticket
very good textbook analysis. unfortunately, d governors will not look away, they'll do all within their powers to stop buhari else they'll smells their asses.
Re: Why Can't APC Present Fashola As Presidential Candidate by sniyi1: 6:53pm On Oct 03, 2014
harde2lah:
I get your point though and I use to feel the same way. However, I will suggest you read through gbawe's posts again carefully and with an open mind. This is not Fashola's time. The SW votes alone cannot bring in Fashola. SE cannot be trusted, The northern electorates will not be motivated enough to casts their votes. Where does that leave APC? This is only chance for APC to fully utilize the general's popularity in the North. Fashola's time will surely come.
I honestly hope his time will come, perhaps not with the sweeping broom of APC. I foresee a disintegration of APC after 2015.
Re: Why Can't APC Present Fashola As Presidential Candidate by sniyi1: 6:58pm On Oct 03, 2014
before I bow to wifeys pressure to leave for tonight lemme appreciate everyone who has contributed. I've learnt alot. Tnx for keeping it civil n brilliant.
Re: Why Can't APC Present Fashola As Presidential Candidate by Nobody: 7:14pm On Oct 03, 2014
sniyi1:
I honestly hope his time will come, perhaps not with the sweeping broom of APC. I foresee a disintegration of APC after 2015.
APC is still a very young party and yet has become a formiddable opposition party and a force to reckon with. APC is not about 2015 only. Its really obvious from your posts that you hate APC. But imagine what Nigeria will be like without a strong opposition party. We surely don't expect APC to get it all right onset. Of course, they will make mistakes. If eventually APC loses 2015 election, they will surely bounce back. I agree with you, a lot of their members (those without survival instinct) will defect but trust me, APC will live on and will become stronger. Vice versa if PDP loses.
Re: Why Can't APC Present Fashola As Presidential Candidate by Nobody: 7:54pm On Oct 03, 2014
Truth is I cant remember whether there has ever been an incumbent African leader that has lost election whether in Kenya, South Africa or Ghana.

That said Fashola is the only APC leader that can truly give PDP a run for their money.

If APC field Fashola Jonathan will be re-elected but will be in a fight. If APC field Buhari or Atiku it will be a land slide for Jonathan!

My advise for Fashola is that he should make sure he gets elected to senate and stay there as the face of opposition in Nigerian politics and see whether he can help mobilise the opposition towards 2019.

Nigeria has never had an issue-based opposition who tackle the Government policy by policy. Fashola can help with this.

APC cant just have no agenda whatsoever, no movement, no organisation and just believe that they can just wake up on the eve of elections and then produce the President. They have to do better.

APC just will not win 2015 election with 1979 electoral tactics! It just wont work!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

This Aircraft Is Currently Flying Over Synagogue Church / EXPOSED; Buhari Part Of The Conspiracy That Killed Ken-sarowiwa / Herdsmen Graze On A Woman's Farm In Umuahia (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.