Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,527 members, 7,816,288 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:52 AM

Nigeria Doesn't Want A Religious Fanatic Like You: Atiku Tells Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Doesn't Want A Religious Fanatic Like You: Atiku Tells Buhari (999 Views)

Evidence Of Buhari Been A Religious Fanatic (PHOTO) / Nigeria Doesn't Need A Broke Man As President: Muhammadu Buhari / 15 Most Corrupt Countries Of The World And Nigeria Doesn't Make The List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Doesn't Want A Religious Fanatic Like You: Atiku Tells Buhari by Nobody: 9:41am On Oct 03, 2014
Vice President and presidential aspirant on the platform of the opposition All Progressives Congress, APC, Atiku Abubakar, has counseled co-aspirant, Muhammadu Buhari on the qualities Nigerians expect from political leaders of their ilk in the 2015 contest.In a statement issued to welcome Buhari to the race for their Party’s presidential flag in Abuja, yesterday, Atiku told his colleague that to qualify to fly APC’s flag, such an aspirant must be someone who is a unifier, bridge-builder and not someone who bears ethno-religious bias.Said he: “I believe that the next president of our country, who by the grace of God will be produced by our great party, must be someone who is a unifier, bridge-builder and not someone who bears ethno-religious bias. Above all, he must embody a vision of a Nigeria for all.”According to the statement titled: “Atiku Welcomes Buhari, Says He’s Committed To Free And Fair Presidential Primary”, Atiku said the task of rescuing Nigeria is a duty leaders of the APC are committed to and, “the more individuals are ready to be part of the mission to rescue the country, the better.”“Nigeria has floundered for far too long. Our people are yearning for a change and we must listen to them before they lose faith in the ability of their leaders to revive the country.“You will recall that in my declaration speech penultimate week, I did mention that my priority, if given the chance to run and serve as the President of Nigeria is addressing the issues of jobs creation and providing decent employment for Nigerians, especially the youths.“I believe that it is only when we can provide decent jobs for our young people, that we can have a hope for the decent future for our country.“It is also not in doubt that of recent, successive administrations have failed woefully in building the infrastructure that can promote a healthy economy: our education system is in shambles, public health system is in virtual comatose, we have very poor network of roads totally at variance with the wealth of a country that is the seventh oil producer in the world.“I believe that the country has failed in these areas because of the excessive centralisation of functions and resources to the government at the centre. The government that the APC plans to lead in the next few months, by the grace of God, will be fully committed to devolution of powers and resources to the state governments in line with the manifesto of our great party. I also plan to march this resolve with a full commitmentto ensuring transparency in all sectors of our national life.“I am equally disturbed about the way our people have been divided along ethnic and religious lines and how we are steadily and dangerously losing a sense of community where every Nigerian can live together without mutual suspicion.“I believe that the next president of our country, who by the grace of God will be produced by our great party, must be someone who is a unifier, bridge-builder and not someone who bears ethno-religious bias. Above all, he must embody a vision of a Nigeria for all.“I have no doubt in my mind that we both share a common concern about rescuing our country from the deadly grip of the PDP and it is on this note that I do warmly welcome him on board in this very important national rescue mission. I look forward to meeting him in an open, free and fair contest for the ticket.”

http://nigerianpilot.com/atiku-to-buhari-nigerians-dont-need-a-religious-fanatic/

Even the very worst knows Buhari to be a religious fanatic.
Re: Nigeria Doesn't Want A Religious Fanatic Like You: Atiku Tells Buhari by datguru: 9:47am On Oct 03, 2014
Apc will be so divided that they will end up wining nothing

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Doesn't Want A Religious Fanatic Like You: Atiku Tells Buhari by folik121: 9:48am On Oct 03, 2014
Atiku is right, most Nigerians see buhari as religious fanatic

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Doesn't Want A Religious Fanatic Like You: Atiku Tells Buhari by redsun(m): 9:53am On Oct 03, 2014
Even Isis leader will be better than atiku. APC seems to have lost way before the game has started with the kind of candidates they are associating with. Atiku,most especially who is just as notorious as OBJ.
Re: Nigeria Doesn't Want A Religious Fanatic Like You: Atiku Tells Buhari by jking001(m): 9:54am On Oct 03, 2014
Give it to em,taught it was only me that noticed Buhari is a racist,religious fanatic,extremist,and a manipulator,Nigerians have ears and eyes and can see the evil Buhari's body language has caused same goes for Atiku.
Re: Nigeria Doesn't Want A Religious Fanatic Like You: Atiku Tells Buhari by Lumyboi(m): 9:56am On Oct 03, 2014
So atiku knws wot nigerians want!...wonderful
Re: Nigeria Doesn't Want A Religious Fanatic Like You: Atiku Tells Buhari by worthytalk: 9:58am On Oct 03, 2014
For once Atiku has talk sense. We don't need fanatical Buhari.
Re: Nigeria Doesn't Want A Religious Fanatic Like You: Atiku Tells Buhari by heavenmade(m): 10:01am On Oct 03, 2014
Nonewithstanding,he is better than you. Major problem we have in this country is that we prefer people who lack connection with God as our leader all because we want a secular govt,and they end up punishing us for it.
Re: Nigeria Doesn't Want A Religious Fanatic Like You: Atiku Tells Buhari by isrecole: 10:12am On Oct 03, 2014
Well said but in term of who lead a disciplined and good government,Buhari is one hundred percent better than Atiku. Atiku was the Vice President for eight years,what impact did he make? Secondly, Atiku and Tinubu are the two most corrupt living politicians in Nigeria,the fact that they have not been convicted doesn't change they corrupt tendencies.
Re: Nigeria Doesn't Want A Religious Fanatic Like You: Atiku Tells Buhari by isrecole: 10:19am On Oct 03, 2014
Well said but in terms of who will lead a disciplined and a good government,Buhari is one hundred percent better than Atiku. Atiku was the Vice President for eight years,what impact did he make? Secondly, Atiku and Tinubu are the two most corrupt living politicians in Nigeria,the fact that they have not been convicted doesn't change they corrupt tendencies.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Doesn't Want A Religious Fanatic Like You: Atiku Tells Buhari by wittytezzy(m): 10:29am On Oct 03, 2014
The post should be of political concern to me, with all the sour tales tht come with it

But more worrying is the danger posed by the continued existence of it's source - the poster.

Mr Poster, in you I see a political sycophnt, an enemy of a balanced democratic society, a threat to the unity of nigeria, In you I see jobless man, that sell his essence of living for cheap political propaganda

I have seen your other recent post, even your moniker tend towards something, but everybody in such democratic setting like ours is entitled to his own views and opinion, but such views it is agreed by common sense must not be flawed with bias like this of yours, less it losses significance

Continue planting an imaginary seed of discord in the APC camp, the precedent as to how your ancestors ended their game is there for you to learn from, in '99 '03 '07 & in '11, it was some that were in your shoes if they are now ministers I pray you end up in "such" ministries where they ended up

But for now - as the door is still open for you - Get a life! or at least, Get a job!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Doesn't Want A Religious Fanatic Like You: Atiku Tells Buhari by VoteOutPDPJona: 10:34am On Oct 03, 2014
APC BE WISE! A HOUSE DIVIDED AGAINST ITSELF IS IN TROUBLE.
Re: Nigeria Doesn't Want A Religious Fanatic Like You: Atiku Tells Buhari by Nobody: 10:36am On Oct 03, 2014
I go with Atiku on this,being fanatically extreme isn't good for a nation like Nigeria with diversified people.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Doesn't Want A Religious Fanatic Like You: Atiku Tells Buhari by Ediskcab(m): 10:39am On Oct 03, 2014
Y'all above just displayed exactly what atiku was talking about.

“I am equally disturbed about the way our people have been divided along ethnic and religious lines and how we are steadily and dangerously losing a sense of community where every Nigerian can live together without mutual suspicion.“

He was actually referring to Jonathan and the pdp because never since after the civil war have Nigerians been this divided along ethnic and religious lines.

The simple reason y you all hate this honest man is because he is a Muslim, a northerner and above all a honest man.

Today I choose to stand bt d truth, I choose to see what General Muhammadu Buhari truly stands for and not who my pastor or any politician has told me, today I choose to stand by a good man, today I choose to b a Nigerian firs t and every other tym.

(1) (Reply)

Asari Dokubo Stones Sponsors Of Boko Haram At Mecca / Nairaland Was Source Of APC Information On Asari Arms Deal / Do What Needs To Be Done And Don't Beg Me - Obasanjo To PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.