Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,522 members, 7,958,582 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 06:00 PM

Has Electricity Improved In Your Area Recently? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Has Electricity Improved In Your Area Recently? (19644 Views)

Photos Of Boko Haram leaders captured by the army recently / When Electricity Improved In June, It Was'nt Jonathan's Fault...Lai Muhhamed / Has Power Supply Improved In Your Area Of Recent? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Has Electricity Improved In Your Area Recently? by oguzbaba(m): 5:19pm On Oct 03, 2014
in fact the situation in z - town is so pathetic. I keep heating my soup over and over in order 4 it not to get sour. so tey d okro soup Don vex, e no wan draw again. NEPA abi na phcn abegi o, Mek una consider awon boys o

1 Like

Re: Has Electricity Improved In Your Area Recently? by henrinity(m): 5:20pm On Oct 03, 2014
OnyeEgo1: Sincerely, make i no lie, the way the power sector dey go now eh, e come be like wetin Gej talk na true, base on that 65% increase of power generation....

Phcn come dey embarass me with light for my area(iba,lagos), chai see light, if dem take am 2 minutes e don return....

How e be for una area? No lie o.

Buh anyway sha, Gej till '2015'.
true talk bro..almost 18hrs light a day.. Iba area too
Re: Has Electricity Improved In Your Area Recently? by baba11(m): 5:28pm On Oct 03, 2014
OnyeEgo1: Sincerely, make i no lie, the way the power sector dey go now eh, e come be like wetin Gej talk na true, base on that 65% increase of power generation....

Phcn come dey embarass me with light for my area(iba,lagos), chai see light, if dem take am 2 minutes e don return....

How e be for una area? No lie o.

Buh anyway sha, Gej till '2015'.
....@ my side here...prior,we have erratical but every day supply ...now...some weeks ago,it has reduced to an average of 5 days supply in a week...whateger happens,good luck my hmmmmmm.....Wetin I wan say sef...... grin
Re: Has Electricity Improved In Your Area Recently? by Nobody: 5:29pm On Oct 03, 2014
egift:

Power Generation in Nigeria is a National affairs. Barr. Sulivan Chime has nothing to do with it.

Do you know that President Jonathan sold South East EEDC PHCN section to the Wife's company being fronted by Emeka Ofor - against a company that was jointly promoted by all the 5 South-East Governors?

Jonathan ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh too much shocked

1 Like

Re: Has Electricity Improved In Your Area Recently? by ebony2011(m): 5:30pm On Oct 03, 2014
my area only improve when phcn staff carry their ladder to disconnect. light.
Re: Has Electricity Improved In Your Area Recently? by MizTyna(f): 5:33pm On Oct 03, 2014
Its been pretty great for about 2months in Abulegba,Lagos,they ration it tho,2days on a day off. But its pretty bad at Alagbado right now
Re: Has Electricity Improved In Your Area Recently? by Popemax(m): 5:35pm On Oct 03, 2014
In Trans amadi area there's steady light.......have never witnesssed epileptic power
Re: Has Electricity Improved In Your Area Recently? by Lolaabokoku(f): 5:35pm On Oct 03, 2014
DGKN: No light for Benin City..

www..net
but what is the meaning of these? Must u appear in every thread with ur advert
Re: Has Electricity Improved In Your Area Recently? by amanikondo: 5:43pm On Oct 03, 2014
Light still no dey regular. GEJ till 2020.
Re: Has Electricity Improved In Your Area Recently? by MGoh: 5:44pm On Oct 03, 2014
Hell no, in ma side it has been up to 3 weeks now no light.
Re: Has Electricity Improved In Your Area Recently? by topcube(m): 5:48pm On Oct 03, 2014
DGKN: No light for Benin City..

www..net

Depending on the area you stay in Benin, like I have a friend @ Airport Road and Okhoro who confirms light is stable in their area, as in from Sun-Sat except they will take it around 5 or 6pm to bring it back by 8pm and they will not take it again till next day by 5 or 6pm. But, in my area (Edaiken) they share light (everyday, like take-away 4 party) e.g. 12-2am, 6-8am, 2-4pm and 6-8pm plus be rest assured that if rain fall before above stipulated time, there would be carryover, as in, @ times, if rain fall for like a day or two consecutively, then, for 3days, no light or if rain fall before 6am or 12pm or 6pm, then just go switch ON generator and never bother about light except if they mistakenly bring it and it will not last 1hr.
I believe this is your overall calculation that made you say there is no light in Benin, but, I tell you, the area you are, determine how much light you will enjoy.

Me, I don they plan to move to Okhoro now, cos, if I tel you how much I spent on Generator in a week, then, you will say; I am an extravagant boy ( compare on my income though)

1 Like

Re: Has Electricity Improved In Your Area Recently? by victorv12(m): 5:55pm On Oct 03, 2014
It's over three and a half weeks with no light in the Games Village, Abuja. Please, any NEPA boss reading this message should come to our aid. We celebrated independence day with no light, and now, Sallah Festival is tommorrow, and we're still in the same mess. Please, we need your attention!

Thanks
Re: Has Electricity Improved In Your Area Recently? by brooksXXX(m): 5:58pm On Oct 03, 2014
I don forget watin den de call NEPA or PHcn or whatever bcus na generator I de run everyday for calabar -flourmill junction...
Re: Has Electricity Improved In Your Area Recently? by zzybaby: 5:59pm On Oct 03, 2014
042 di uto je gwa zi kwa ndi yard unu...................
Enugu obodo oyibo in London......... Nepa dy try wella

2 Likes

Re: Has Electricity Improved In Your Area Recently? by vitality22(m): 6:07pm On Oct 03, 2014
Lolaabokoku: but what is the meaning of these? Must u appear in every thread with ur advert
Ma dear, i tire for this hungry annoying blogger oooo. Na waoooooo
Re: Has Electricity Improved In Your Area Recently? by Afrok(m): 6:08pm On Oct 03, 2014
Seriously, Choba has made me not to understand what it means to have "constant, steady, improved power supply" but if bringing the light three times in a day and taking it after every 1hr is steady power, then light don improve be dt coz na wetin dem dey do since yesterday be dt, and if not, dt means say our light here for Choba never improve but still dey malnourished tongue
Re: Has Electricity Improved In Your Area Recently? by musicwriter(m): 6:08pm On Oct 03, 2014
Light cannot improve in your area when PHCN have been bought over by your past and current wonderful leaders. The same people that kept you in darkness since 1960!. If you want to have steady power supply you all have to stand up in one voice and call for cancelation of all the purchase of PHCN by your inept leaders, and let professional power management companies buy over PHCN.

Fifty years from now you will still have no light in your area (you can quote me on this).

If you have any improvement of light in your area now it's because this's rainy season and there's enough water pressure for the turbines at kainji dam. It's normal for light to improve by this time of the year not as a result of any improved work. Light will get back worse after the rainy season. There's no improvement on the ground, unless on TV, newspapers and on the radio.

NB: Only Prof. Barth Nnaji have the skills/know-how to solve our electricity problem. That's what he studied in USA for over 32 years, and immediately he came over here he was doing something and electricity supply did increase during his tenure. And immediately he left we went back to square one. You people really have to beg that man to come back as the power minister or forget about electricity.

The truth is bitter.

2 Likes

Re: Has Electricity Improved In Your Area Recently? by Mordyb: 6:09pm On Oct 03, 2014
Spicylate: down here in apo, abuja, light used to be good ooo but now, i've gat no words at all.
every one knows apo has the Best ration of power after asokoro but the substation got burnt 3wks back and they are working hard to fix it

1 Like

Re: Has Electricity Improved In Your Area Recently? by Mordyb: 6:11pm On Oct 03, 2014
Spicylate: down here in apo, abuja, light used to be good ooo but now, i've gat no words at all.
every one knows apo has the Best ration of power after asokoro but the substation got burnt 3wks back and they are working hard to fix it
GeJ till God says i done do
Re: Has Electricity Improved In Your Area Recently? by valmunich(m): 6:12pm On Oct 03, 2014
I will continue to write this. Michael Faraday seriously needs to come and reside in Asaba!

1 Like

Re: Has Electricity Improved In Your Area Recently? by onyxo76(m): 6:16pm On Oct 03, 2014
In ile ife the supply is highly poor, its 3 days off with a few hours on the 4th day. Even campus which used to have steady suply is hard hit with very poor supply
Re: Has Electricity Improved In Your Area Recently? by finepineapple(f): 6:24pm On Oct 03, 2014
It really gettin worse here in merian
Re: Has Electricity Improved In Your Area Recently? by Nobody: 6:26pm On Oct 03, 2014
Joythah: Abeg which area for Uniben and which area for ugbowo?
Uniben Ugbowo campus
Re: Has Electricity Improved In Your Area Recently? by shegerun: 6:29pm On Oct 03, 2014
Significant improvement in the Ajah axis of Lagos. Hopefully, this tempo can be sustain.
Re: Has Electricity Improved In Your Area Recently? by living2013(m): 6:30pm On Oct 03, 2014
Is better now for my side, 6/10
Re: Has Electricity Improved In Your Area Recently? by Telchizzy90(f): 6:32pm On Oct 03, 2014
They've really improved in kano ooo.
Re: Has Electricity Improved In Your Area Recently? by AniTech(m): 6:33pm On Oct 03, 2014
Somewhere in Lagos, uninterrupted power supply, had to switch off my refrigerator for 3days whn ordinary pure water are turning to iced blocks #Jonathanatwork waiting patiently till after presidential elections!
Re: Has Electricity Improved In Your Area Recently? by Oringo1: 6:35pm On Oct 03, 2014
egift: Trans-Ekulu, Enugu - It is generator and it is a regular situation. Light comes once in a while. Not any regular partern.

Are you sure that you stay at Trans Ekulu I stay at Trans Ekulu too and we enjoy 23/7 light ....Just that we pay higher now due to the regular power supply and the pre-paid meter
Re: Has Electricity Improved In Your Area Recently? by galadima77(m): 6:40pm On Oct 03, 2014
Tunga, Minna in Niger state...the area where the d Executive Governor of Niger state resides, it's 4 hours morning and another 4 hours at night....worse than what we use to have...
Re: Has Electricity Improved In Your Area Recently? by roxell120(m): 6:42pm On Oct 03, 2014
egift:

Power Generation in Nigeria is a National affairs. Barr. Sulivan Chime has nothing to do with it.

Do you know that President Jonathan sold South East EEDC PHCN section to the Wife's company being fronted by Emeka Ofor - against a company that was jointly promoted by all the 5 South-East Governors?
nairaland jourrnalist.amebo.u people shud slaughter jonathan and eat his flesh.my area at agu awka is haven on earth as regards power,no dull moment.dis power reform is no magic.work is on going.thats y dis country is not moving foward because those who try their best are neva encouiraged instead they are demoralized by destructive criticism
Re: Has Electricity Improved In Your Area Recently? by egift(m): 6:45pm On Oct 03, 2014
Oringo1: Are you sure that you stay at Trans Ekulu I stay at Trans Ekulu too and we enjoy 23/7 light ....Just that we pay higher now due to the regular power supply and the pre-paid meter

23hrs shocked (Give this guy a trophy for his lies). The light that is now, was restored roughly 50mins ago.

1 Like

Re: Has Electricity Improved In Your Area Recently? by roxell120(m): 6:47pm On Oct 03, 2014
musicwriter: Light cannot improve in your area when PHCN have been bought over by your past beautiful leaders. The same people that kept you in darkness since 1960!. If you want to have steady power supply you all have to stand up in one voice and call for cancellation of all the purchase of PHCN by your inept leaders, and let professional power management companies buy over PHCN.

Fifty years from now you will still have no light in your area (you can quote me on this).

If you have any improvement of light in your area now it's because this's rainy season and there's enough water pressure for the turbines at kainji dam. It's normal for light to improve by this time of the year not as a result of any improved work. Light will get back worse after the rainy season. There's no improvement on the ground, unless on TV, newspapers and on the radio.

NB: Only Prof. Barth Nnaji have the skills/know-how to solve our electricity problem. That's what he studied in USA for over 32 years, and immediately he came over here he was doing something and electricity supply did increase during his tenure. And immediately he left we went back to square one. You people really have to beg that man to come back as the power minister or forget about electricity.
prophet of doom flee .u are from sodom

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Awolowo,Azikiwe And Aminu Kano Boycotted 1979 Presidential Debate / “PDP Would Have Written Election Results If Not For Card Readers” – Buhari / Buhari Thanks Nigerians, Says No Cause To Worry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.