Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,816 members, 7,820,881 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

Dating a poor man is living in denial - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating a poor man is living in denial (3754 Views)

When A Girl Is Dating A Guy Who Is Not Ready For Marriage / 16 Places To Meet A Poor Husband In Lagos / Would You Marry An Ugly Rich Man or A Handsome Poor Man? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dating a poor man is living in denial by Nobody: 4:54pm On Oct 03, 2014
Whether na one naira, whether na one million baby u got me…………………. but how true is this words applicable to one's relationship.

Especially the one naira" situation.
I can't just imagine ……………
Re: Dating a poor man is living in denial by Begonia(m): 5:24pm On Oct 03, 2014
Not very true..
Even if a lady is dating a guy that isn't very stable, stands by him and tries her best to push him through, after some years if 'the story' hasn't changed, the girl would most likely walk away.
Re: Dating a poor man is living in denial by Nobody: 5:27pm On Oct 03, 2014
Less that 1% of the 7 billion people on earth would support the first. True love is overrated, love is essential but other factors must be present or the relationship will turn out to be a bed of thorns( assuming that is the right expression).

My opinion though.

4 Likes

Re: Dating a poor man is living in denial by Nobody: 5:30pm On Oct 03, 2014
Begonia: Not very true..
Even if a lady is dating a guy that isn't very stable, stands by him and tries her best to push him through, after some years if 'the story' hasn't changed, the girl would most likely walk away.
so if u r in that situation u would most likely walk away too
Re: Dating a poor man is living in denial by iceberylin(m): 5:30pm On Oct 03, 2014
Famouspecky: Whether na one naira, whether na one million baby u got me…………………. but how true is this words applicable to one's relationship.

ŴÁĴĔ ŴÁŚ ĎĔŦĨŃĨŤĔĹŶ ĤĨĞĤ ŴĤĨĹĔ ŚĨŃĞĨŃĞ ŤĤÁŤ ŚŐŃĞ cheesy

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Dating a poor man is living in denial by Nobody: 5:35pm On Oct 03, 2014
Famouspecky: Whether na one naira, whether na one million baby u got me…………………. but how true is this words applicable to one's relationship.

that broke nigga can someday become the presido of 9ja so don't discriminate a poor or broke guy no condition is permanent
Re: Dating a poor man is living in denial by ronald4lif(m): 5:39pm On Oct 03, 2014
I have to admit that love without money is a herculean task and will hardly survive. Just like sex money is as important to sustain a relationship. Every girl wants comfort and some form of financial security but the way most of them goes about it is what is wrong. A guy who isn't financially buoyant circumstances could change tomorrow and should not be look down coz of his situation. Money doesn't also bring happiness, even if he's broke today what to look after is if he's a couch potato or someone striving hard and with potentials to succeed. No condition is permanent. Igbo people will say odiro adigide meaning nothing last forever.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dating a poor man is living in denial by Begonia(m): 5:40pm On Oct 03, 2014
samflexxy: so if u r in that situation u would most likely walk away too

No, I wouldn't but I'm sure I'll be tempted to.
Re: Dating a poor man is living in denial by ronald4lif(m): 5:43pm On Oct 03, 2014
Begonia:

No, I wouldn't but I'm sure I'll be tempted to.

Why am I having the feeling that you're being economical with the truth. Or is it a case of being diplomatic?
Re: Dating a poor man is living in denial by Begonia(m): 5:50pm On Oct 03, 2014
ronald4lif:

Why am I having the feeling that you're being economical with the truth. Or is it a case of being diplomatic?

What do you mean?
Re: Dating a poor man is living in denial by ronald4lif(m): 5:58pm On Oct 03, 2014
Begonia:

What do you mean?

In one breath you said if a lady stands by a guy and sails through with him and if his condition doesn't change she will 'likely walk away' then in another breath you said 'no' but you will be tempted to. The highlighted remarks you made seems to represent you the more than the 'I will be tempted to' which appears to be a sugar coating statement. I may be wrong but my instinct doesn't agree.

1 Like

Re: Dating a poor man is living in denial by iebanehita(m): 6:05pm On Oct 03, 2014
Dating a poor man is a curse and it's a write-off .

Dating a broke guy can't be a total write-off. There is still hope n future in the affair.
Re: Dating a poor man is living in denial by ivoryhouse(m): 6:08pm On Oct 03, 2014
Hello peeps, truth is men who don't have a job have no business dating. Any lady who dates a guy with no dreams, aspirations, and plans deserves whatever she gets. Love with lack is a bitter pill, love with contentment...sweet
Re: Dating a poor man is living in denial by ronald4lif(m): 6:13pm On Oct 03, 2014
ivoryhouse: Hello peeps, truth is men who don't have a job have no business dating. Any lady who dates a guy with no dreams, aspirations, and plans deserves whatever she gets. Love with lack is a bitter pill, love with contentment...sweet

Couldn't agree less
Re: Dating a poor man is living in denial by Nobody: 6:17pm On Oct 03, 2014
I could only date a poor guy with a bright future.

Yes A poor guy with a bright future is a hustler, though poor at the moment knows where he will certainly be in 10yrs time.
Re: Dating a poor man is living in denial by ivoryhouse(m): 6:21pm On Oct 03, 2014
3cycle: I could only date a poor guy with a bright future.

Yes A poor guy with a bright future is a hustler, though poor at the moment knows where he will certainly be in 10yrs time.
A hustler is a drug dealer or some other negative thingie (fyi). If he knows where he is going but isn't doing anything about it he won't do you any good, better stay away from such people (man or woman)
Re: Dating a poor man is living in denial by Begonia(m): 6:24pm On Oct 03, 2014
@ronald4lif

Well, every lady has her limit. This is what I was trying say. Imagine a lady being with a guy for 10 years and he still hasn't made anything out of his life. That lady would certainly walk out.
I believe I can never be in this kind of situation though. I know my strength as a female so I know I can't be with a man for years without him making something out of his life.
Also, I totally agree with everything you said in your first post. My mother always tells me "never date a man without potential" and I've
been heeding strongly to her advice.
Re: Dating a poor man is living in denial by mesoade(m): 6:26pm On Oct 03, 2014
Don't date an ordinary poor guy

But a hard-working poor guy.

1 Share

Re: Dating a poor man is living in denial by mesoade(m): 6:30pm On Oct 03, 2014
Every girl wants to date a hardworking guy but no girl wants to date a bricklayer
Re: Dating a poor man is living in denial by ivoryhouse(m): 6:37pm On Oct 03, 2014
Begonia: @ronald4lif

Well, every lady has her limit. This is what I was trying say. Imagine a lady being with a guy for 10 years and he still hasn't made anything out of his life. That lady would certainly walk out.
I believe I can never be in this kind of situation though. I know my strength as a female so I know I can't be with a man for years without him making something out of his life.
Also, I totally agree with everything you said in your first post. My mother always tells me "never date a man without potential" and I've
Why would I even date for 10years? Then nothing improves and its an issue, to walk or not to walk! A dating relationship that goes deyond two years looks like its going nowhere! When you meet a man with potential you will know within a week! Same with a woman with potential
Re: Dating a poor man is living in denial by Begonia(m): 6:44pm On Oct 03, 2014
^^^
@ivoryhouse

The '10 years' was just an exaggeration on my part but you're absolutely right. One doesn't need years to know a guy/lady with potential. Wisdom is key.
Re: Dating a poor man is living in denial by Tallesty1(m): 6:48pm On Oct 03, 2014
Dating a poor lady is like a trip to hell

1 Like

Re: Dating a poor man is living in denial by ronald4lif(m): 6:51pm On Oct 03, 2014
Begonia: @ronald4lif

I understand better now. Thanks for the clarification. No hard feelings.
Re: Dating a poor man is living in denial by ronald4lif(m): 6:53pm On Oct 03, 2014
Tallesty1: Dating a poor lady is like a trip to hell

Hahaha you don't mean it
Re: Dating a poor man is living in denial by Tallesty1(m): 6:55pm On Oct 03, 2014
ronald4lif:

Hahaha you don't mean it
I do
Re: Dating a poor man is living in denial by ronald4lif(m): 7:06pm On Oct 03, 2014
Tallesty1: I do

Lol this is serious but what if she works, hardworking but still not far from being poor and would you prefer to be richer than you woman or she being more richer. Sorry for asking oo
Re: Dating a poor man is living in denial by 01karma(m): 7:08pm On Oct 03, 2014
I touch her Böobs and slap me! Pls what do i do?..
Re: Dating a poor man is living in denial by Tallesty1(m): 7:10pm On Oct 03, 2014
ronald4lif:

Lol this is serious but what if she works, hardworking but still not far from being poor and would you prefer to be richer than you woman or she being more richer. Sorry for asking oo
Does it matter who is richer?

My point is that I have no business with broke ladies.
Re: Dating a poor man is living in denial by ronald4lif(m): 7:24pm On Oct 03, 2014
Tallesty1: Does it matter who is richer?

My point is that I have no business with broke ladies.

Okay noted
Re: Dating a poor man is living in denial by Sarimah(f): 7:46pm On Oct 03, 2014
I could date a poor man dats hardworking and determined with a bright future ahead...afterall nutin last 4ever..but d lazy ones.....nah!
Re: Dating a poor man is living in denial by philantoxx(m): 8:00pm On Oct 03, 2014
in case
Re: Dating a poor man is living in denial by Tymax(m): 8:06pm On Oct 03, 2014
3cycle: I could only date a poor guy with a bright future.

Hmmm I am surprised.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

If You Have A Woman Like This / 75 Things You Should Do For Your Girlfriend / When Bae Finally Agrees To Have Sex With You...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.