Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,215 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:19 AM

Are We Really Sons Of Cain? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are We Really Sons Of Cain? (1196 Views)

Who Are The Sons Of God Having Sex With The Daughters Of Men In Genesis 6:1-4? / The Sons Of God (fallen Angels) / Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are We Really Sons Of Cain? by bruno419(m): 10:01am On Oct 21, 2014
please my dear nairalanders,i have been doing some researchers lately,in the bible,cain and abel were the only children of adam and eve,cain killed his brother abel.Now he was the only one on earth according to the bible.so how did he come about to produce offsprings??

Pls i need to get convinced and not confused!
Re: Are We Really Sons Of Cain? by belhomme(m): 10:21am On Oct 21, 2014
Nice one Op it shows you atleast study ur Bible and are willing to learn

Cain and Abel werent the only children of Adam and Eve...Seth was also a son...read Genesis 4 vs 25.

hope i was Able to help?

2 Likes

Re: Are We Really Sons Of Cain? by esere826: 10:51am On Oct 21, 2014
bruno419:
please my dear nairalanders,i have been doing some researchers lately,in the bible,cain and abel were the only children of adam and eve,cain killed his brother abel.Now he was the only one on earth according to the bible.so how did he come about to produce offsprings??

Pls i need to get convinced and not confused!

cheesy now that belhomme has answered your question
your next line of question could be:
"So who did Seth marry? his sister?" shocked

And my answer to that would be:

"Well, if the bible has given a true account of creation, then yes he mated with at least one of his sisters"

then if you recoil with disgust and say: "isn't that a sin?"

then I'll tell you: "Well Adam mated with his female clone eve" and "I hope and pray that the world is not destroyed with only you and your sister as the only beings left"

context is extremely powerful
Re: Are We Really Sons Of Cain? by bruno419(m): 10:56am On Oct 21, 2014
belhomme:
Nice one Op it shows you atleast study ur Bible and are willing to learn

Cain and Abel werent the only children of Adam and Eve...Seth was also a son...read Genesis 4 vs 25.

hope i was Able to help?
still confused,seth is a male,how did they mate?
Re: Are We Really Sons Of Cain? by bruno419(m): 10:58am On Oct 21, 2014
esere826:

cheesy now that belhomme has answered your question
your next line of question could be:
"So who did Seth marry? his sister?" shocked

And my answer to that would be:

"Well, if the bible has given a true account of creation, then yes he mated with at least one of his sisters"

then if you recoil with disgust and say: "isn't that a sin?"

then I'll tell you: "Well Adam mated with his female clone eve" and "I hope and pray that the world is not destroyed with only you and your sister as the only beings left"

context is extremely powerful
is there any biblical prove dat adam nd eve had a daughter

thank u
Re: Are We Really Sons Of Cain? by belhomme(m): 12:28pm On Oct 21, 2014
bruno419:
still confused,seth is a male,how did they mate?

Thanks for the question. If u read the Bible very well u will discover that the genealogies in the Bible does not contain female ancestries unless they play an important role in the lineage of Jesus(Ruth) and saving the people of Israel. looking at the the book of Genesis 4 vs 3, after cain and abel were born, the bible says AND IN THE PROCESS OF TIME... which means as time went by or as the Apostles Bible version puts it, after some time, there were other children (who are probably females) and their names were not mentioned and because seth was born and he was a male his name was also mentioned.

Any more question?
Re: Are We Really Sons Of Cain? by esere826: 12:34pm On Oct 21, 2014
bruno419:
thank u

great question
Its something like this. Say we freeze Nairaland database and no more information can be posted.

Is there any NL prove that you bruno419 were born of a woman?
Probably none.

However, we will then be free to think around the issue.
Most if not all people in the world are born of women
We are yet to be aware that any human child was carried through gestation by a cow or a male human.

Consequently, we can safely assume with full confidence that bruno419 was born of a woman
wink
Re: Are We Really Sons Of Cain? by bruno419(m): 12:39pm On Oct 21, 2014
esere826:

great question
Its something like this. Say we freeze Nairaland database and no more information can be posted.

Is there any NL prove that you bruno419 were born of a woman?
Probably none.

However, we will then be free to think around the issue.
Most if not all people in the world are born of women
We are yet to be aware that any human child was carried through gestation by a cow or a male human.

Consequently, we can safely assume with full confidence that bruno419 was born of a woman
wink
read ur article again,are u saying the bible is wrong or what?why did the bible mention of eve and still give u the knowlwdge dat eve was created?y didnt this same bible tell us how males were able to generate ?
Re: Are We Really Sons Of Cain? by esere826: 12:41pm On Oct 21, 2014
So bruno419
the next question that you should logically ask is this:

1) So, did Seth Mate with only one of his sisters, or many of them if they were more than two?
2) Did Adam have other sons apart from Seth, Cain and Abel?
3) If no other sons and Seth took one of his sisters, and Cain took one too, and assuming that there were many more sisters to only two males, what happened to the other sisters?

To the 3rd question, I'd say well, Eve's other daughters probably mated with their nephews from Seth and Cain.
Lots of incest right?
Re: Are We Really Sons Of Cain? by bruno419(m): 12:42pm On Oct 21, 2014
belhomme:

Thanks for the question. If u read the Bible very well u will discover that the genealogies in the Bible does not contain female ancestries unless they play an important role in the lineage of Jesus(Ruth) and saving the people of Israel. looking at the the book of Genesis 4 vs 3, after cain and abel were born, the bible says AND IN THE PROCESS OF TIME... which means as time went by or as the Apostles Bible version puts it, after some time, there were other children (who are probably females) and their names were not mentioned and because seth was born and he was a male his name was also mentioned.

Any more question?
y was their names not mentioned?are they unimportant to the scripture?
Re: Are We Really Sons Of Cain? by esere826: 12:46pm On Oct 21, 2014
bruno419:
read ur article again,are u saying the bible is wrong or what?why did the bible mention of eve and still give u the knowlwdge dat eve was created?y didnt this same bible tell us how males were able to generate ?

If you're an atheist or none xtian... then I'm not interested in any religious arguments with you
we have no common philosophy to sustain any.

If a xtian, then my answer is this:
Yep, it mentioned Eve, but not any daughters.
This is very possible if the bible is accurate.

The books about Nigerian history do not mention your dad or grand dads names.
This doesn't mean that they never existed
It simply means that the writers of the history books did not consider your lineage as important
even if you do think otherwise
Re: Are We Really Sons Of Cain? by belhomme(m): 12:54pm On Oct 21, 2014
bruno419:
y was their names not mentioned?are they unimportant to the scripture?

Good question.
if only the names of the people that existed as at the time the Bible was written were to be printed, u wouldnt be able to carry it less to talk of adding their stories. the whole Bible, so u know, is actually pointing towards the cross of Calvary.

to explain that.... All the old testament is to the calvary while the new testament is still pointing back to it as a remembrance.

to ur question! anybody whose name was not mentioned in the bible has no relevance to the cross which was meant to take us back to the begining. its all abt the beginning where it all started the first Adam lost it and the Bible is to take us through the process of getting it back through the second Adam(Jesus) that is why the whole bible is either pointing to or talking about or referring back to Jesus.

Any other question?
Re: Are We Really Sons Of Cain? by bruno419(m): 2:26pm On Oct 21, 2014
esere826:

If you're an atheist or none xtian... then I'm not interested in any religious arguments with you
we have no common philosophy to sustain any.

If a xtian, then my answer is this:
Yep, it mentioned Eve, but not any daughters.
This is very possible if the bible is accurate.

The books about Nigerian history do not mention your dad or grand dads names.
This doesn't mean that they never existed
It simply means that the writers of the history books did not consider your lineage as important
even if you do think otherwise
u just hit d nail,my parents aint part of the history,so the existence of the daughter who multiplied the world isnt part of the biblical history...m an xtain
Re: Are We Really Sons Of Cain? by esere826: 2:49pm On Oct 21, 2014
bruno419:
u just hit d nail,my parents aint part of the history,so the existence of the daughter who multiplied the world isnt part of the biblical history...m an xtain

good to know that we share the same religious disposition

I like to use the term "if the bible is true" a lot
Not because I do not believe in it, but because of 3 reasons:
1) Allows me to step back and critique so I am not a complete zombie -afterall, everybody believes their own religious book
2) Allows me to have some little scientific objectivity (and disharm the other party) when discussing with people who nurse some doubts
3) Allows me to be prepared and accept new 'rhema'. After all, many interpretations have come forth, some suggesting that
a-some sections of the bible are not be read literary,
b-that some parts are in coded parables. for example you hear some xtians suggesting that the 7 days of creation means 7 periods etc

So yes, no daughter of Eve is mentioned.
But from all reasonable conjecture, we can assume that there were daughters born to Eve
However, you never can tell.
Just like I described in 3 above, a new "rhema" can emerge to fill that gap in bible history suggesting something completely different from our present thoughts on the subject.
Almost like questioning why your lineage is not listed in Nigerian history instead of simply accepting that they were not important
might show that they were actually royalties from Congo at that period

Perhaps, you questioning along those lines might birth such a revelation of the mates of Cain and Seth
so, ...carry on cheesy

1 Like

Re: Are We Really Sons Of Cain? by itstpia1: 3:59pm On Oct 21, 2014
belhomme:
Nice one Op it shows you atleast study ur Bible

is this sarcasm?
Re: Are We Really Sons Of Cain? by belhomme(m): 10:34am On Oct 22, 2014
itstpia1:

is this sarcasm?

we are all entitled to our views...if urs is sarcasm congrats
Re: Are We Really Sons Of Cain? by LewsTherin: 3:39pm On Oct 22, 2014
See Genesis 5:4. Adam and Eve bore sons and daughters. More sons than Cain, Abel and Seth. And daughters. Like has been said on this thread, the Bible is a record meant to make a point. Lots of things happened in the same place as bible history and at the same times but these things were not necessary fir the naration meant to show the bible's point, thus they were not recorded.

Adam knew his wife, and they had sons and daughters
these sons and daughters paired up and had other children who became cousins.
these cousins paired up......and so on and so forth.

1 Like

Re: Are We Really Sons Of Cain? by blessedvisky(m): 7:51pm On Oct 22, 2014
bruno419:

thank u
yes there is! Read Genesis 5:4. The truth is a simple google search would av answered this question.. You claim you have been studying the Bible. I wonder about that

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Primate Ayodele Drops 2015 Prophecies / Apostle Johnson Suleman’s 2015 Shocking Prophecies: / Are LDS (mormons) Freemasons?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.