Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,997 members, 7,835,346 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:00 AM

Igbos Jonathan And 2015 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos Jonathan And 2015 (3105 Views)

Photo: Victor Ndoma-Egba And Buhari In A Handshake In 1984 And 2015 / Jonathan And His Government Steal 400,000 Barrels Of Oil Daily - Tinubu / President Jonathan And His Campaign Team Arrive Onitsha, Anambra State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbos Jonathan And 2015 by kettykin: 4:27pm On Oct 05, 2014
God, in his infinite wisdom, created me Igbo. If it is possible to reincarnate, I will return to this world an Igbo
I don’t know any section of Nigeria that could withstand the rest of the Nigerian federation for 30 months as Eastern Nigeria did between 1967 and 1970. Despite the severe economic and air blockade, Biafra was a bold statement about the blackman’s scientific and technological capabilities, as the preeminent American scholar of sociology, Stanley Diamond, reported to the world in 1968
Frankly, I don’t know of any part of Nigeria that would come out of the catastrophe with practically no money, and yet within only three years there were scarcely physical traces of the war
Perhaps only the Igbo could challenge the Yoruba in educational development and within a mere 20 years (from 1945 to 1965) “wipe out their educational handicap in one fantastic burst of energy”, as Chinua Achebe puts it in The Trouble With Nigeria.

In any endeavour where merit is the sole criterion for determining recognition like sports, music and education, the Igbo would always excel
The Igbo are often referred to as the African version of the Jewish people whom Ali Mazrui, the most published African scholar, calls in his most ambitious book, Cultural Forces in World Politics, a race whose prodigious achievements in science, philosophy, finance and international politics are far in excess of their population
In her charming book, World On Fire, Amy Chua, an economist and distinguished professor at Yale Law School, calls the Igbo “an economic dominant” group in West Africa. The Bamileke people of Cameroon are called Igbo on account of their industry and entrepreneurship.

However, the Igbo, once guided by such far-sighted men as the Great Zik of Africa, Michael Okpara, Akanu Ibiam, Ukpabi Asika, Pius Okigbo and others, are now in dire need of strategic direction. Already, it would seem we are not being taken seriously. On Thursday, January 30, 2014, Governor Seriake Dickson led a large delegation of Bayelsa leaders to thank Vice President Namadi Sambo for “supporting our son, President Goodluck Jonathan”.

Why does Gov Dickson find it important to constantly thank Vice President Sambo for his support but has not uttered a word of gratitude to Ndigbo who have given Jonathan unprecedented support, far more than he has received from his own Niger Delta region? Has Edwin Clark, the leader of the Ijaw, ever publicly acknowledged Igbo support for Jonathan?

Erstwhile Anambra State governor Chukwuemeka Ezeife, who for years was in the vanguard of the campaign that “it is either an Igbo president in 2015 or Nigeria will cease to exist,” now threatens war if Jonathan is not returned to office next year. He probably borrowed the war threat from the lips of Asari Dokubo of the Niger Delta People’s Volunteer Force. How did Ezeife, a former lecturer at Makerere University in Uganda and retired federal permanent secretary who holds a Harvard doctorate in economics, find himself in the same company as Mujaheed Dokubo? Indeed, there is a Jonathan frenzy throughout Igboland. But it is not founded on any discernible rationality

A very influential Igbo professor who is one of the architects of Igbo support for Jonathan is often the first person to admit in private that Jonathan’s development presence in the Southeast is embarrassingly poor, saying it is worth about the sixth of federal government’s projects in the north-central geopolitical zone
The Enugu-Onitsha highway is not passable. The Okigwe–Aba road is a death trap. The Umuahia–Ikot Ekpene Road is probably the worst road in the world, after the road leading to Arochukwu. All federal roads in the southeast, with the exception of about three or four, are in a messy state. The Enugu Electricity Distribution Company has been handed over to Emeka Offor’s Interstate Electrics which the Bureau of Public Enterprises and the National Council on Privatisation in a joint report declared financially and technically incapable of doing electricity distribution business. Ironically, the consortium promoted by the five southeast state governments and the finest entrepreneurs from the zone and recommended by the BPE/NCP for the Enugu Disco was in a bizarre act overruled by the Jonathan administration. Electricity distribution is a natural monopoly, so it means all parts of Nigeria can develop in the foreseeable future but not the southeast. No place can grow without adequate electricity.

True, a number of Igbo people have under Jonathan been appointed to “juicy positions”. There are more Igbo private jet owners now than ever. But in a world where the buzz expression now is inclusive development, as opposed to a policy which excludes the majority of the people from the economic process, the new concept of Igbo empowerment is antithetical to development. Igbo leaders are not asking Jonathan to help create a system which could accelerate development of Igboland which unfortunately is increasingly becoming an economic desert. Figures from the National Bureau of Statistics show the southeast and severely security-challenged northeast to be the least developing geopolitical zones in both relative and absolute terms. No one is asking the president to build natural gas pipelines to the Southeast, as there are in the Southwest, so that heavy industries could be established in the area
No one is asking that a seaport be built in, say, Onitsha, for economic and strategic reasons. In his absorbing book, My Vision: Challenges in the Race for Excellence, Dubai ruler Mohammed Maktoum explains that the establishment of the world’s largest man-made port and other seaports in this desert emirate has been at the heart of Dubai’s phenomenal development
Igbo leaders are not even asking Jonathan to do something as simple as directing ministries, departments and agencies to patronize Innoson vehicles, so that this ingenious Innoson Motors firm would not go the way of Anammco in Enugu which collapsed on account of poor patronage by even government agencies across the nation. Igbo leaders are not asking Jonathan to help revive the Nigerian Cement Company at Nkalagu in Ebonyi State.

What we rather hear from these leaders is that Jonathan is a great leader because he has promised to build a second bridge a cross the River Niger so that traffic would flow easily from Asaba to Onitsha during Christmas and Easter when Igbo people return home en masse. Is this what is called strategic thinking in the 21st century
The Jonathan presidency is modernizing the Lagos–Kano rail which is bound to have a significant impact on the economies of these two states and their neighbours. Neither Lagos State governor Babatunde Fashola nor Kano State governor Rabiu Kwankwanso has ever kowtowed to the president for this strategic and capital-intensive initiative. But the moment the president promised he would start the second Niger bridge, Peter Obi, in his capacity as chairman of the Conference of Southeast Governors, mobilised large delegations of Igbo leaders in a well-choreographed show of endless public adulation and obeisance to Jonathan.

To be sure, Igbo leaders are at liberty to support any person. But such an endorsement should be on certain conditions which must hinge on the long-term interests of Ndigbo. The current hysteria over Jonathan without negotiating any deal for the development of our homeland belittles all of us. It does not portray a people prepared, in Achebe’s words, to join the rest of the world step into the 21st century with restored hope and dignity.

http://leadership.ng/columns/385666/ndigbo-jonathan

1 Like

Re: Igbos Jonathan And 2015 by htconeline: 4:38pm On Oct 05, 2014
We ibo dont need all these what we want is juicy position.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Jonathan And 2015 by nku5: 4:55pm On Oct 05, 2014
Lip service and nice words about igbos aside, Jonathan has done NOTHING for us.

5 Likes

Re: Igbos Jonathan And 2015 by BlackTechnology: 5:32pm On Oct 05, 2014
Blame Igbo leaders for not reminding GEJ and presenting to him a blueprint of how he can go about the socioeconomic projects in Igboland
Re: Igbos Jonathan And 2015 by kettykin: 5:49pm On Oct 05, 2014
please did any of you notice this statement

Dubai ruler Mohammed Maktoum explains that the establishment of the world’s largest man-made port and other seaports in this desert emirate has been at the heart of Dubai’s phenomenal development

Igbos should leverage on their proximity to the axis of power to get the Aba Sea port and Onitsha port to reality , this would insulate igbos from whatever funny economic policies that the North might force on their captives when and if power returns to them in 2019 and it would in no small measure boost the economies of Aba and Onitsha accommodating all those that fulani herdsmen and Boko haram has displaced and will displace in future this in the view of Dubai Ruler will be the heart of Eastern Nigeria's phenomenal developement

1 Like

Re: Igbos Jonathan And 2015 by size38: 8:30pm On Oct 05, 2014
This is a defeatist write up.
Re: Igbos Jonathan And 2015 by obailala(m): 8:40pm On Oct 05, 2014
Indeed, there is a Jonathan frenzy throughout Igboland. But it is not founded on any discernible rationality
This is something that I really do not understand. I keep trying to wonder how Igbos were bought over. There is absolutely no rationale behind the massive support Igbos have shown to Jonathan. Even the core Niger Deltans (inclusive of fellow Ijaws) don't show the same level of blind support for GEJ.

True, a number of Igbo people have under Jonathan been appointed to “juicy positions”. There are more Igbo private jet owners now than ever.
This is another myopic reasoning that could be cited as a reason why Igbos should support GEJ. A smart observation of the Nigerian landscape ince 2010 would reveal that the influx of private jets and massive wealth (albeit through illegal means) is not restricted to any section of the country. Since his rise to power, GEJ opened the floodgates of our national treasury and everybody irrespective of tribe, religion or ethnicity has gained from the free for all plundering exercise being supervised by GEJ himself. It would be very myopic for anyone to think that any particular section of the country is gaining more under this regime.

kettykin:
To be sure, Igbo leaders are at liberty to support any person. But such an endorsement should be on certain conditions which must hinge on the long-term interests of Ndigbo. The current hysteria over Jonathan without negotiating any deal for the development of our homeland belittles all of us. It does not portray a people prepared, in Achebe’s words, to join the rest of the world step into the 21st century with restored hope and dignity.

http://leadership.ng/columns/385666/ndigbo-jonathan
To round it up, I really cannot place my hands on why Igbos have decided to worship GEJ; the more I try to figure it out, the more I sink into deeper confusion. @Op, I would however warn you to be ready for a backlash from people who think they are more Igbo than you are; from people who cannot tolerate any Igbo son thinking differently or thinking out of the box. Be prepared to be labelled an efulefu and a hungry APC agent.

6 Likes

Re: Igbos Jonathan And 2015 by Ikengawo: 8:50pm On Oct 05, 2014
So because igbos didnt join apc they should die or what? Is it a crime to support GEJ? Yoruba ppl need to move on with their life

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Jonathan And 2015 by egift(m): 8:56pm On Oct 05, 2014
Who will believe a few years ago that Aligbo will become a foot mat of an Ijaw zoologist. That is why I don't support separation - few old men will just sell the whole thing.

I had expected my people to compete on equal footing and not cap-in-hand sell-off.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Jonathan And 2015 by ISpiksDaTroof: 9:00pm On Oct 05, 2014
obailala:
This is something that I really do not understand. I keep trying to wonder how Igbos were bought over. There is absolutely no rationale behind the massive support Igbos have shown to Jonathan. Even the core Niger Deltans (inclusive of fellow Ijaws) don't show the same level of blind support for GEJ.

This is another myopic reasoning that could be cited as a reason why Igbos should support GEJ. A smart observation of the Nigerian landscape ince 2010 would reveal that the influx of private jets and massive wealth (albeit through illegal means) is not restricted to any section of the country. Since his rise to power, GEJ opened the floodgates of our national treasury and everybody irrespective of tribe, religion or ethnicity has gained from the free for all plundering exercise being supervised by GEJ himself. It would be very myopic for anyone to think that any particular section of the country is gaining more under this regime.

To round it up, I really cannot place my hands on why Igbos have decided to worship GEJ; the more I try to figure it out, the more I sink into deeper confusion. @Op, I would however warn you to be ready for a backlash from people who think they are more Igbo than you are; from people who cannot tolerate any Igbo son thinking differently or thinking out of the box. Be prepared to be labelled an efulefu and a hungry APC agent.
Call a spade a spade and stop trying to be politically correct in the face of the truth. Ibos hate Muslims, Yorubas and Northerners--- these are the groups they feel are stopping them from getting Biafra, or at the very least, be in total control of Nigeria. So, to Ibos, anything to spite the above people is worth it. And if support of a corrupt, inept, sheep in the Person of Goodluck Jonathan is what can give them their pound of flesh, then, so be it.

5 Likes

Re: Igbos Jonathan And 2015 by Chimezie250(m): 9:34pm On Oct 05, 2014
what a nice write up,op I must commend you on this, I had really thought about this but the only thing I can make out of it (1)there is believe without the support of a particular section of this country you can't become president and we Igbo re not willing to go into any alliance with Yoruba or hausa because of the fallout of the Biafra war so with this, it look more realistic to support GEJ for president than bringing an Igbo man for president, like u said it shouldn't be done with only juicy position rather with developmental project my view

1 Like

Re: Igbos Jonathan And 2015 by Chimezie250(m): 9:38pm On Oct 05, 2014
egift:
Who will believe a few years ago that Aligbo will become a foot mat of an Ijaw zoologist. That is why I don't support separation - few old men will just sell the whole thing.

I had expected my people to compete on equal footing and not cap-in-hand sell-off.
guy stop this stupidity

1 Like

Re: Igbos Jonathan And 2015 by Nobody: 9:56pm On Oct 05, 2014
htconeline:
We ibo dont need all these what we want is juicy position.
You're lying brother. We need them all. The "juicy positions" aint fetching us nothing. We need good roads, we need electricity, we need more agencies. We need them all! @op ride on brother! Your post is the sweetest so far. That umuahia - Ikot Ekpene road is nothing to talk about. Really the worst road in the universe.

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Jonathan And 2015 by pazienza(m): 10:02pm On Oct 05, 2014
The truth is that GEJ has done next to nothing for Ndiigbo, but the North and the west did nothing for us too. It's like choosing between the devil and a demon, either way, you are damned.

This is what Nigeria has to offer to Ndiigbo. It doesn't take much to see that outright separation from Nigeria is the permanent cure for the ailment of Igboland, every other thing you see are but symptoms of this ailment called Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Jonathan And 2015 by SamIkenna: 10:08pm On Oct 05, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof:
Call a spade a spade and stop trying to be politically correct in the face of the truth. Ibos hate Muslims, Yorubas and Northerners--- these are the groups they feel are stopping them from getting Biafra, or at the very least, be in total control of Nigeria. So, to Ibos, anything to spite the above people is worth it. And if support of a corrupt, inept, sheep in the Person of Goodluck Jonathan is what can give them their pound of flesh, then, so be it.

ISpiksDaTroof:
Call a spade a spade and stop trying to be politically correct in the face of the truth. Ibos hate Muslims, Yorubas and Northerners
For real?

Always on time with same old outdated line. If Igbos so much despised Yorubas, Muslims, and Northerners, like you claimed, how come none of the group you mentioned above never get killed or maimed in Igboland?

Contrast that with the amount of Igbo blood and/or non-hausa/Fulani blood spilled across the length and breadth of implacable Muslim north. When you're done with the blood-spilling book-keeping tell us who's the king of hate.

One more thing: You have Nigeria why don't you stop worrying about Biafra. Its ludicrous and plain stupid to be worried about something your fathers pronounced dead over 40 years ago, especially now that you and your siblings up north just discovered a knack for a return to caliphate, sharia, and beheading of Nigerian pilots.

Anyways, don't forget to say no thanks to Shekau for me when next you all meet for caliphate appraisal.

6 Likes

Re: Igbos Jonathan And 2015 by pazienza(m): 10:11pm On Oct 05, 2014
Btw, the writer of that article isn't saying anything we don't already know. Even the most vocal Igbo GEJ supporters know that GEJ has done next to nothing for ndiigbo, GEJ had simply failed Ndiigbo. But we also know that the Yolobars and the Northerners have nothing to offer us too, we had 1970-2010 to see that. It's a hard place to be, for the Igbo nation, one Nigeria was always going to be a land of captivity for us. Too bad many Igbos are too blind to see this.

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Jonathan And 2015 by tit(f): 10:16pm On Oct 05, 2014
This article shows the intellectual vacuity of the opposition to Jonathan.
It begins by "attempting" to ask an honest question, then instead of honestly examining the issues hereby exposing facts, it goes underground and uses half-baked suppositions to arrive at a preconceived and shallow conclusion.

In asking what President Jonathan has done for the Iboes, the obvious what have other Nigerian leaders done for the Iboes should have been the first step in unraveling the riddle of President Jonathan's Ibo firewall.

I remember General Shuwa (pbuh) saying the North had disgraced itself and so could do nothing about criticism of its body-politik. Likewise Fulani and Yoruba ethnic jingoist political leaders have lost all credibility with all Nigerians that are not from their immediate constituency.

4 Likes

Re: Igbos Jonathan And 2015 by aresa: 10:58pm On Oct 05, 2014
Ikengawo:
So because igbos didnt join apc they should die or what? Is it a crime to support GEJ? Yoruba ppl need to move on with their life

The keyword is ROI or Return On Investment.

You are free to support GEJ or any other politician you fancy, but support without getting anything in return is foolish and pointless. 16 Years of affiliation with the PDP = Just one repainted and patched up airport while the age long number one request which is the 2nd NB remains a mirage...

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Jonathan And 2015 by SamIkenna: 11:10pm On Oct 05, 2014
thewarrior72:
GEJ may not have done much to the southeast, but the little he did outweigh all(if there's any) OBJ did for SE.
And how many of those castigating & writing endless article in national dailies(specially from southwest axis) against the igbos, for they support for GEJ did so during OBJ 8years reign that the igbos unflichingly supported him, with nothing in return?

Suddenly thesame people that hated,loathed & marginalized the igbos while in government have taken 360 degreeturn to remind us that we are not getting enough from the government of the day & hence should consider our stand...what an irony?, Anyways, does this people think that igbos are fools or suffers from amnesia?.

Whether we gain anything or not, I and my family are for GEJ, anything to stop born to rule gamberians in 2015 is ok for me.

Word brother. The emboldened is where I rest my case. I careless about GEJ. However, if the option on the table today is core north vs dumbo, I'll let dumbo have it. Enough of the Core-Northern threats, irresponsible political brinkmanship, careless rhetoric, and born-to-rule buffoonery.

I've said this before: My caring on who occupies Abuja in 2015 stops the moment a core-northerner steps in. They need to be re-oriented that they're not the only ones breathing in Nigeria. They love to talk 'one Nigeria' but hardly practice it so let's wake up fellas. If good governance is the key ingredient we're looking for in 2015 then there are tons of people from North central, Midwest, South West, South East, and South south that are qualified to be vetted. But no! It has to be Arewa for some folks. The same Arewa that swore to take away our sleep after 2011 election and eventually delivered on their promise.

Put Oshomole, Donal Duke, George Akume, Fashola, Chime, and even Ogbeni and loquacious Okorocha forward and I'll reconsider my support for GEJ. But as long as the opposition thinks Arewas are now progressives then they can knock themselves out with it.

7 Likes

Re: Igbos Jonathan And 2015 by stan241(m): 11:13pm On Oct 05, 2014
pazienza:
The truth is that GEJ has done next to nothing for Ndiigbo, but the North and the west did nothing for us too. It's like choosing between the devil and a demon, either way, you are damned.

This is what Nigeria has to offer to Ndiigbo. It doesn't take much to see that outright separation from Nigeria is the permanent cure for the ailment of Igboland, every other thing you see are but symptoms of this ailment called Nigeria.
Nwanne if its the type of infighting im seeing among the igbos even on this forum that u want to seperate to count me out id rather remain in this God forsaken country

1 Like

Re: Igbos Jonathan And 2015 by aresa: 11:15pm On Oct 05, 2014
The Jonathan presidency is modernizing the Lagos–Kano rail which is bound to have a significant impact on the economies of these two states and their neighbours. Neither Lagos State governor Babatunde Fashola nor Kano State governor Rabiu Kwankwanso has ever kowtowed to the president for this strategic and capital-intensive initiative. But the moment the president promised he would start the second Niger bridge, Peter Obi, in his capacity as chairman of the Conference of Southeast Governors, mobilised large delegations of Igbo leaders in a well-choreographed show of endless public adulation and obeisance to Jonathan.

Bottom line, non GEJ/PDP states gained more than the so called loyal and blind supporters in the EAST. They have gas pipelines, fast train from Lagos to Kano paid for, new deep seaport which the FG just paid it's own share or $200 million while they hurried up and repainted a warehouse with 2 old cranes called Onisha port in the East.

They know you are already in the bag and you have nowhere else to go so no incentive or any kind of urgency to address your needs and demands.

What exactly is your return on investment?

You keep shortchanging yourselves and losing year after year all because of tribalism and hatred.

smh...

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Jonathan And 2015 by aresa: 11:20pm On Oct 05, 2014
thewarrior72:
GEJ may not have done much to the southeast, but the little he did outweigh all(if there's any) OBJ did for SE.
And how many of those castigating & writing endless article in national dailies(specially from southwest axis) against the igbos, for they support for GEJ did so during OBJ 8years reign that the igbos unflichingly supported him, with nothing in return?

Suddenly [b]thesame people that hated,loathed & marginalized the igbos [/b]while in government have taken 360 degreeturn to remind us that we are not getting enough from the government of the day & hence should reconsider our stand...what an irony?, Anyways, does this people think that igbos are fools or suffers from amnesia?.

Whether we gain anything or not, I and my family are for GEJ, anything to stop born to rule gamberians in 2015 is ok for me.

You marginalized yourselves. You pick and chose who you make friends with, you pick and chose who you vote for.

If after almost 16 years you have nothing to show for your friendship and affiliation with one party and you are still in love and dying to be with the same political party and the same folks you claimed marginalized you, then blame yourself.

Your local and National leaders from the EAST are part of every government in Nigeria from president to vice president, chairman, director, secretary to the FG, ministers, ambassadors and so on. It's their job to fight for you at the federal level to make sure that your region gets federal projects so hold them responsible and quit pointing fingers..

You marginalized and confined yourself, other people didn't do it for you. You reap what you sow...

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Jonathan And 2015 by SamIkenna: 11:24pm On Oct 05, 2014
aresa:

The keyword is ROI or Return On Investment.

You are free to support GEJ or any other politician you fancy, but support without getting anything in return is foolish and pointless. 16 Years of affiliation with the PDP = Just one repainted and patched up while the age long number one request which is the 2nd NB remains a mirage...

We see things differently. Maybe 16 years of keeping Arewa away from power to enable them come to terms with their humanity and mortality is worth more than 2nd Niger bridge.

In less than 5 years of core north losing presidential power can't you see the nation is re-calibrating? Don't worry about Boko Haram, its also part of weaning process - they'll get there and when they do they won't be needing 2% cut-off for unity school admission any longer.

I believe the only way we 'll be able to approach pseudo-nationhood given our bloody history is by seeing each other as a leg in this national table. The core north right now is not there yet but they sure will, else Arewanistan awaits them down the road.

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Jonathan And 2015 by pazienza(m): 11:29pm On Oct 05, 2014
stan241:
Nwanne if its the type of infighting im seeing among the igbos even on this forum that u want to seperate to count me out id rather remain in this God forsaken country

The infighting you are seeing here and in life amongst our political class,are the symptoms of the ailment, Nigeria. Political paid agents defending their masters, at the expense of Igboland.

The common Igbo people like me,in the streets of SE towns like Enugu,Umuahia,Aba,Owerre,Abakaliki,Awka,Onitsha,Okigwe,etc,are all living in harmony with each other,(even though we all came from different parts of Igboland) as we all toil for our daily bread, that is becoming harder to secure in this country. That is the reality.

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Jonathan And 2015 by aresa: 11:31pm On Oct 05, 2014
SamIkenna:

We see things differently. Maybe 16 years of keeping Arewa away from power to enable them come to terms with their humanity and mortality is worth more than 2nd Niger bridge.

In less than 5 years of core north losing presidential power can't you see the nation is re-calibrating? Don't worry about Boko Haram, its also part of weaning process - they'll get there and when they do they won't be needing 2% cut-off for unity school admission any longer.

I believe the only way we 'll be able to approach pseudo-nationhood given our bloody history is by seeing each other as a leg in this national table. The core north right now is not there yet but they sure will, else Arewanistan awaits them down the road.

No, we are saying the same thing. Tribalism and bigotry shapes your thinking and awareness. Tribalism and bigotry dictates your existence and relationship with other people hence your preoccupation with this dreaded disease while other people progress...

Abuja-Kaduna Rail Line is almost completed paid for via direct FG contract. Meaning the people of Nigeria are paying for it.

The Lagos Ibadan Express is under construction and paid for via direct FG contract. Meaning the people of Nigeria are paying for it.

The $1.53bn Lagos-Ibadan-Ilorin standard Rail project is under construction and paid for via direct FG contract. Meaning the people of Nigeria are paying for it.

Escravos to Lagos Pipelines System (ELPS) is almost done whit the second leg heading to Kano. How do you industrialize and develop in this modern age without gas pipelines to run your industries?

Now, the most important thing to you and the only thing you've been asking for which is the 2nd NB is still a dream and the only plan right now is to make sure ibo people pay for their own bridge via tolling? It means the people of Nigeria are not paying for it.

Have you asked yourself why GEJ is awarding and paying for major contracts and developing other places in Nigeria but when it comes to ibo people, it's repaint a warehouse and label it port, repaint some old airport and that's all..

You are paying a terrible price for tribalism and bigotry..

There's got to be more to you people than needless hate, bigotry and tribalism..

5 Likes

Re: Igbos Jonathan And 2015 by stan241(m): 11:45pm On Oct 05, 2014
pazienza:

The infighting you are seeing here and in life amongst our political class,are the symptoms of the ailment, Nigeria. Political paid agents defending their masters, at the expense of Igboland.

The common Igbo people like me,in the streets of SE towns like Enugu,Umuahia,Aba,Owerre,Abakaliki,Awka,Onitsha,Okigwe,etc,are all living in harmony with each other,(even though we all came from different parts of Igboland) as we all toil for our daily bread, that is becoming harder to secure in this country. That is the reality.
Now the question becomes if and when we do split, who do you think will rule us...those fighting politicians at the top or the peaceful peeps like you?
Re: Igbos Jonathan And 2015 by SamIkenna: 11:54pm On Oct 05, 2014
aresa:

No, we are saying the same thing. Tribalism and bigotry shapes your thinking and awareness. Tribalism and bigotry dictates your existence and relationship with other people hence your preoccupation with this dreaded disease while other people progress...

There's got to be more to you people than needless hate, bigotry and tribalism..

Like seriously? Define progress and tell me if we're missing in action. By progress you mean Boko Haram? Nigeria as a whole is a sh*t-hole so I'm lost by your statement "while other people progress..." If the twisted barometer for measuring progress in Nigeria is used then I think no sane man dead or alive would think Igbo is ever behind any person or group of persons in sub-Sahara Africa. So drop it bro.

Anyways, its all politics - nothing personal. But if you call it bigotry then I wonder what you would call utterances/positions such as the recent one made by one Aliyu in which he wrote "Its Islam or Sword," or the usual mantra on the lips of your people that Igbo won't be president of Nigeria, to name a few. Its 'One Nigeria' bro. Do what pleases you and let the chips fall where they may - its not bigotry, its reality.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Jonathan And 2015 by aresa: 11:59pm On Oct 05, 2014
[s]
thewarrior72:

^^^^This man above me remember the moniker u quoted is averse to foolishness & takes no hostage in war. to be forewarned is to be forearm. Stay off my mention while u defend your slave masters & do your servitude.....From where I come from, opinion(s) of serfs is inconsequential, hence doesn't count
[/s]

I don't have time for your ignorant and juvenile nonsense..
Re: Igbos Jonathan And 2015 by aresa: 12:05am On Oct 06, 2014
SamIkenna:

Like seriously? Define progress and tell me if we're missing in action. By progress you mean Boko Haram?

I mean new roads, bridges, rail lines, pipelines... The things that GEJ/PDP didn't do for you with all your blind and pointless support..

Boko Haram is a transitional thing that wont last, but things like roads, bridges, rail lines, pipelines and so on stays forever and you don't have any..at least GEJ/PDP is not doing any for you..

Fixate on BH and bigotry all you want, the joke is on you...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fayose's Impeachment-police, DSS Restore Ekiti APC Speaker's Security / Meet The The "Bill Gates Of Africa"(pics) / Media Chat: Buhari Is Playing Games With Ndigbo – MASSOB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.