Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,841 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:24 AM

A Big Scourge: H I D Awolowo Blasts Tinubu, Akande Over Osoba - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Big Scourge: H I D Awolowo Blasts Tinubu, Akande Over Osoba (1063 Views)

Tinubu, Akande Made My Appointment Possible – Lawal, SGF / APC Leaders Unfair To Tinubu – Akande / Tinubu, Akande Shun APC NEC Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Big Scourge: H I D Awolowo Blasts Tinubu, Akande Over Osoba by Sirniyeh(m): 8:53pm On Oct 05, 2014
Tinubu & Akande In Last Minute Rush To Block Registration of AGN.

The duo of Bola Ahmed Tinubu and Bisi Akande, the national leader and erstwhile chairman of APC respectively had undergone some clandestine moves to thwart the efforts of Aremo Olusegun Osoba over his desire to register his own party and pull out of APC. While Aremo Osoba had rebuffed all entreaties by the APC's hierarchy to placate Osoba from leaving its fold, Aremo thereafter filled an application with INEC to register a new party. Tinubu had deployed money and other inducements to curry the Favour of
INEC officials in thwarting the registration bids of AGN.

After several complaints by INEC on unwarranted grounds, Aremo Osoba was said to have written a letter to INEC to complain and register his displeasure over the trivial excuses advanced by INEC for not registering the party. Aremo Osoba was
heard to have sworn to an affidavit at the court to back up an allegation of signature irregularities arising from the latest complaints of INEC.

Based on the heals of their efforts at preventing Aremo Osoba from the registration, Tinubu and Akande went to meet with the Awolowo matriarch, Yeye H ID Awolowo to persuade her in writing a petition to INEC to prevent the fresh registration bid of Aremo Osoba on AGN.

They said since the AGN is a patent of the late sage, Obafemi Awolowo, then his wife Can by extension claim the patent and petition INEC against giving new and fresh certification to Aremo Osoba.

While reacting, Mama Awolowo calmly tongue lash the two charlatans for their untoward attitudes to the Awolowo Dynasty. She told them that Bisi Akande
was the height of embarrassment and disappointment to her family. She queried when Akande came to her last and also quipped that Bola Ahmed Tinubu was never a member of the Awolowo dynasty and was not in anyway or manner surprised and disappointed in him. She then discarded them but not until she said that she's in full support of Aremo Osoba and would never do anything to thwart his effort because according to her 'Segun is the only apostle of my husband that has kept unbroken and cordial touch with me and my children since the demise of my husband '.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1504982406422447&id=100007321055057&refid=17&_ft_&__tn__=%2As

1 Like

Re: A Big Scourge: H I D Awolowo Blasts Tinubu, Akande Over Osoba by doja(m): 9:20pm On Oct 05, 2014
Story for the gods
Re: A Big Scourge: H I D Awolowo Blasts Tinubu, Akande Over Osoba by DickDastardly(m): 9:25pm On Oct 05, 2014
Sauceless
Re: A Big Scourge: H I D Awolowo Blasts Tinubu, Akande Over Osoba by chibwike(m): 9:43pm On Oct 05, 2014
DickDastardly:
Sauceless
bro wats up
Re: A Big Scourge: H I D Awolowo Blasts Tinubu, Akande Over Osoba by mickey45: 3:21am On Dec 08, 2014
you won't understand or post weighty comments if you do understand Nigeria's Political History....
A quick read through Ogunsola Onasanwo's "Awolowo, Unfinished Greatness" might b a good step

(1) (Reply)

Fayose Appoints SA Stomach Infrastructure, SSG, CPS, Others / Tambawal, APC Drag FG To Court Over Removal Of Security Aides / End Time Track - Kahli Abdu (Tears)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.