Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,986 members, 7,810,750 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:30 PM

"Nigeria Contained Ebola; We Can" US Assures Worried Citizens" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Nigeria Contained Ebola; We Can" US Assures Worried Citizens" (1347 Views)

I’ll Perform Better In My Second Term If Re-Elected - President Jonathan Assures / Jonathan’s ‘proactive’ Strategies Contained Ebola In Nigeria – PDP / America Helped Nigeria Contained Ebola Virus Spread! By Sexzskil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Nigeria Contained Ebola; We Can" US Assures Worried Citizens" by Tbillz(m): 10:06pm On Oct 05, 2014
America is now using how Nigeria
contained the Ebola virus to bolster
confidence in its citizens that the virus
would be contained in the country as
well. Guardian reports:
At a time reference to Nigeria in global
news and international affairs has been
mostly about the unending killings by
terrorists in the Northeast, the Ebola
management seems to be shining some
positive light on Nigeria and its medical
personnel, some of whom paid the
supreme sacrifice to ensure that Ebola
was controlled.
In an effort to bolster the confidence of
its people that Ebola would be contained
in America, few days after a Liberian
national was diagnosed with the deadly
virus, the manner Nigeria handled its
own patients is now being used by the
US government as proof that the virus
would be contained in America as well.
Speaking late Friday afternoon at the
White House at a hurriedly convened
press briefing on the first Ebola case
diagnosed in the US, top White House
officials and US government health
officials were pressed by journalists who
pointed out to the failure of the Texas
Presbyterian Hospital in Dallas, where
the Liberian patient went, but was not
immediately diagnosed even though he
had told the medical team in the hospital
of his symptoms and that he had just
returned from Liberia.

Source: www.nigerianbulletin.com/threads/nigeria-contained-ebola-we-can-us-assures-worried-citizens.94864/

1 Like

Re: "Nigeria Contained Ebola; We Can" US Assures Worried Citizens" by oluwato69sin(m): 10:09pm On Oct 05, 2014
They definitely might ,,it just takes being smart and being patriotic enuff
Re: "Nigeria Contained Ebola; We Can" US Assures Worried Citizens" by RockMaxi: 10:23pm On Oct 05, 2014
You know there are some news that makes you proud of being a Nigerian...cool cool

Then when you remember the in-fighting between PDP and APC on who is responsible for containing Ebola? embarassed embarassed
Re: "Nigeria Contained Ebola; We Can" US Assures Worried Citizens" by psalmizt(m): 10:31pm On Oct 05, 2014
RockMaxi:
You know there are some news that makes you proud of being a Nigerian...cool cool
Then when you remember the in-fighting between PDP and APC on who is responsible for containing Ebola? embarassed embarassed

It's all because of our politics of hate. As if Nigerians don't know the real people that contained the virus. And who were they, they were Nigerians pure and simple not APC, not PDP. So for those who claim they achieved it by their own effort, Goodluck to them.

3 Likes

Re: "Nigeria Contained Ebola; We Can" US Assures Worried Citizens" by lonelydora: 10:31pm On Oct 05, 2014
So Nigeria is now a benchmark
Re: "Nigeria Contained Ebola; We Can" US Assures Worried Citizens" by lomprico(m): 10:32pm On Oct 05, 2014
RockMaxi:

The nigerian masses, u n I did not our f.ucking government. They were busy sharin 9.1 billon naira meant to curtail d virus.

1 Like

Re: "Nigeria Contained Ebola; We Can" US Assures Worried Citizens" by rasbaby(f): 6:21am On Oct 06, 2014
If I can remember clearly an immediate action was taken by the FG in the form of financial aid and assistance together wif continuous enlightenment and report of the success and challenges being faced. This in my own view Brought about a unified collaboration and fight against the disease/virus. I will admit without the full support of others there wouldn't have been any success, coupled with prayers to God. If instructions are adhered to strictly there won't be any course for alarm. This also reminds me of the chibok girls, where it was clearly instructed that schools be closed down for safety reasons but was not adhered to, so sad.

1 Like

Re: "Nigeria Contained Ebola; We Can" US Assures Worried Citizens" by lilprinze: 6:41am On Oct 06, 2014
So the U.S can even use Nigeria as a positive example .

1 Like

Re: "Nigeria Contained Ebola; We Can" US Assures Worried Citizens" by greaterlove(m): 7:38am On Oct 06, 2014
rasbaby:
If I can remember clearly an immediate action was taken by the FG in the form of financial aid and assistance together wif continuous enlightenment and report of the success and challenges being faced. This in my own view Brought about a unified collaboration and fight against the disease/virus. I will admit without the full support of others there wouldn't have been any success, coupled with prayers to God. If instructions are adhered to strictly there won't be any course for alarm. This also reminds me of the chibok girls, where it was clearly instructed that schools be closed down for safety reasons but was not adhered to, so sad.
A 1000 likes, everybody played a part, from the FG to the Lagos state government down to the health workers and the people. I have read in the print media where health workers are being attacked and even killed in other affected countries, but right here in nigeria everyone was aware of the threat of Ebola and the importance of good medical care. Ebola was contained because the people resisted it, boko haram would have ended if the people resisted it too.

3 Likes

Re: "Nigeria Contained Ebola; We Can" US Assures Worried Citizens" by Nonybb: 9:50am On Oct 06, 2014
It was the work of the amiable GEJ and his team GEJ TILL 2019 OR HEAVEN WOULD FALL!
Re: "Nigeria Contained Ebola; We Can" US Assures Worried Citizens" by philantoxx(m): 9:57am On Oct 06, 2014
at least we set the pace.
Re: "Nigeria Contained Ebola; We Can" US Assures Worried Citizens" by KolaShangOne(m): 10:27am On Oct 06, 2014
Nonybb:
It was the work of the amiable GEJ and his team GEJ TILL 2019 OR HEAVEN WOULD FALL!

How much them pay you? undecided

America will surely contain Ebola. Afterall they created it. They just want to access the 100million dollars Ebola money from World Bank. Simple
Re: "Nigeria Contained Ebola; We Can" US Assures Worried Citizens" by drsolob2(m): 10:36am On Oct 06, 2014
KolaShangOne:

How much them pay you? undecided

America will surely contain Ebola. Afterall they created it. They just want to access the 100million dollars Ebola money from World Bank. Simple
I think this your post makes a lot of sense
Re: "Nigeria Contained Ebola; We Can" US Assures Worried Citizens" by gebest: 10:51am On Oct 06, 2014
hahaha i dey laff o, Americans forgot that the great healer Jesus christ is from Nigeria.
Re: "Nigeria Contained Ebola; We Can" US Assures Worried Citizens" by gebest: 10:55am On Oct 06, 2014
hahaha i dey laff o, Americans forgot that the great healer Jesus christ is from Nigeria.
Re: "Nigeria Contained Ebola; We Can" US Assures Worried Citizens" by Compliance(m): 11:16am On Oct 06, 2014
America should not be too confident. That Nigeria contained ebola quickly does not suggest that America will easily. We may not be too developed but our God mind is strong. Our serious vehement prayers made the government logistics worked effectively and efficiently.

It is first of all the prayers of Nigerians.

I think it's time America sweat a little bit. Or pray, if their God mind is not totally dead.
Re: "Nigeria Contained Ebola; We Can" US Assures Worried Citizens" by eleojo23: 11:45am On Oct 06, 2014
goodluck

(1) (Reply)

Comments I Hate To See On Nairaland / Is Mubi Local Government Under Attack? / Exposed: Nigeria’s First Public Lesbian Wedding Takes Place In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.