Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,807 members, 7,956,063 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:19 PM

Miss Independent - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Miss Independent (6159 Views)

She Is My MISS INDEPENDENT / Are There Miss Independent In Nigeria? / ~~ Miss Independent ~~ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Miss Independent by Cristalz(f): 5:16pm On Nov 09, 2008
Waz watching Ne-yo's Miss Independent, and I got thinking. . .

Y'all guys complain about how materialistic most girlz are, always after your cool ride, recharge cards, eateries, your family inheritance cheesy etc etc. Okay.

So here's the thing. . .would y'all prefer a woman who tells you, ''don't bother honey, I got it'' ? A woman that has her own cool ride,or would rather walk or take a cab than ask you for a ride. . . never asks you for recharge cards 'cause she prefers to buy them herself. . .will take herself out and pay her bills if she feels like going out,rather than wait for you. . .maybe even pay some of your bills if you seem to need it(not that shez being condescending, but just wanting to help) . . .basically, a Miss Independent!!

Is she more appealing. . .stimulating. . .preferable? Or is something wrong with a girl being Miss Independent?

Guys,lets hear your views.

Girlz, of course I know your views will pop in 'cause its about us anyway wink grin
Re: Miss Independent by iice(f): 5:29pm On Nov 09, 2008
grin grin grin
Re: Miss Independent by igwe11(m): 5:33pm On Nov 09, 2008
As long as she doesn't cheat on me,Shes absolutely my dream gurl. she gotta be pretty and younger than me too.we can always work out things together. cool cool
God give me this kind woman  cry cry cry
Re: Miss Independent by Cristalz(f): 5:41pm On Nov 09, 2008
@iice

Are you one? Miss Independent? grin

@igwe

Sure you won't feel insecure? Less like 'The man'?

E.g I always prefer carrying my laptop myself when I go out with it. There's a male friend of mine that always insists on carrying it for me whenever he sees me with it, and usually I say no 'cause I prefer to carry it myself (don't ask me why grin ) Anywayz he said it makes him feel somehow as the guy,letting me carry my laptop. And I wondered why. Does it make me look more ''in-charge'' than him or what? grin Perhaps he just wanted to be a gentleman, but its not by force right?
Re: Miss Independent by iice(f): 5:43pm On Nov 09, 2008
Hell to da YEAH grin grin grin
Re: Miss Independent by Pataki: 5:53pm On Nov 09, 2008
Is there really a lady as "Miss Independent"? grin

HELL NO.
Re: Miss Independent by arramyjay: 5:55pm On Nov 09, 2008
Yea miss Independent  cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Miss Independent by just1n(m): 5:57pm On Nov 09, 2008
Pataki:

Is there really a lady as "Miss Independent"? grin

HELL NO.

dey still depend on ur P.
Re: Miss Independent by Cristalz(f): 6:11pm On Nov 09, 2008
@pataki/ just1n

Just say you've never met one,that's all grin
Re: Miss Independent by igwe11(m): 6:18pm On Nov 09, 2008
why should i feel, unless the foundation of our love is based on her money, for your laptop, i ll appreciate u carry mine also grin grin but to be sincere if that doesn't get into her brain.is the best gift any man can have in life, it helps man to be focus and being able to plan 4 2morrow.
gurl, Are you one? cool
its hard to find, even if they seem to be alright ,the moment they enter house, everything stops working including the brain grin grin
Re: Miss Independent by evergreen6: 6:20pm On Nov 09, 2008
I don't think REAL men likes MISS INDEPENDENT lipsrsealed
Independent women are usually mean, don't get me wrong there is nothing wrong about being independent but sometimes i think they should be a little bit dependent on the guy in order to make him feel like he's needed and not taken for granted.
Re: Miss Independent by Pataki: 6:22pm On Nov 09, 2008
Cristalz:

@pataki/ just1n

Just say you've never met one,that's all grin
My sweet Cristalz,

There is nothing as Miss Independent. Take it or leave it. kiss grin
Re: Miss Independent by debosky(m): 6:28pm On Nov 09, 2008
Cristalz posting in romance? shocked shocked grin

*ice lady can melt*

A real woman should be a 'miss independent' but she should exercise discretion and let her man do things for her sometimes - that makes everything proceed smoothly - a man can be a man and provide for his woman, and the woman can receive from her man.

I don't mind a 'miss independent', as long as that independence doesn't translate to haughtiness. I'd rather have a woman I need to provide the extra, the topping on the cake as it were - not necessarily needing to provide the yeast, eggs and flour. tongue

Insecure men are the ones who don't like 'miss independents', or 'traditional men' who need to do everything to validate their manhood.

Like the song says - 'a woman that wants you but don't need you' cool
Re: Miss Independent by igwe11(m): 6:31pm On Nov 09, 2008
ever_green:

I don't think REAL men likes MISS INDEPENDENT lipsrsealed
Independent women are usually mean, don't get me wrong there is nothing wrong about being independent but sometimes i think they should be a little bit dependent on the guy in order to make him feel like he's needed and taken for granted.
Thats tru
But it pays a lot when female spouse d got potentials.after all, she isn't the one to feed the family,she isn't d one to pay for your drinks.
menn miscellaneous expenditure no easy atall. grin grin
Re: Miss Independent by igwe11(m): 6:32pm On Nov 09, 2008
cool
Re: Miss Independent by Cristalz(f): 6:38pm On Nov 09, 2008
@debosky

Sharrap grin

Its part of my recovery therapy.  .  .by tomorrow I'll be back on my ''high horse''. Lol grin

You get the point tho.  .  .she wants you, but doesn't need you or your money to survive,in a manner of speaking.

@Igwe

Dependent on you? But when she is you guys start complaining that shez materialistic undecided
And, Miss Independents aren't haughty.  .  .they are just confident.

@pataki

Are you scared of them? grin They really do exist dearie.
Re: Miss Independent by lucabrasi(m): 6:41pm On Nov 09, 2008
ill prefer and im pretty sure ill prolly hook up with a "miss independent" eventually personally i dont have self esteem issues so a girl stepping up to either pay her half or help me out financially when we r tgether/married as far as im concerned is the shizzle, any man feeling insecure with a "miss independence"should really go for a psycho analysis n deal with his issues before a relationship to deal with his issues
Re: Miss Independent by Cristalz(f): 6:43pm On Nov 09, 2008
Ok dudes, I see some are saying things like ''a little dependent''.

So tell me,just where do y'all draw the line? Should she or shouldn't she ask you for stuff? Should she or shouldn't she take care of her business herself? Or when should she bring you into it?

Seems to me most guys are confused over this grin
Re: Miss Independent by iice(f): 6:46pm On Nov 09, 2008
Aha! grin grin
Re: Miss Independent by Pataki: 6:46pm On Nov 09, 2008
@ Cristalz,
Are you a replica of the Miss Independent? I can totally assure you that no lady in our modern day world is truly and really independent of the male counterpart or rather ''Partner'' as it is now called here. grin cheesy grin

She may assume she has it all, but yet the fundamentals are still missing. tongue
Re: Miss Independent by igwe11(m): 6:48pm On Nov 09, 2008
Cristalz:

@Igwe

Dependent on you? But when she is you guys start complaining that shez materialistic undecided
And, Miss Independents aren't haughty.  .  .they are just confident.

i don't think you got my post right.
is all about how humble she is ready to be, she gotta be above 75% else it won't work

Are you scared of them? Grin They really do exist dearie.

i quite agree they exist, perhaps what does it take to be  lady independence? well paid job.
Re: Miss Independent by debosky(m): 6:51pm On Nov 09, 2008
@ Criz

When you know a woman can handle her biz and she asks, she honours you by asking - no real man would be offended by that.   cool

No man wants a woman asking for everything or bare necessities, even if what she asks for is advice on how to spend her cash for example - it makes a big difference.

There is no hard and fast rule regarding what she asks or doesn't ask. The actual balance will be dependent on the relationship in question and the individuals involved.
Re: Miss Independent by doyin13(m): 6:52pm On Nov 09, 2008
If Independence means, she wants to pay the bills
and look after me with her cash. . . .

Then

HELL YEAH grin grin grin grin

Anything else na gbanjo for jankara angry angry angry
Re: Miss Independent by Cristalz(f): 6:54pm On Nov 09, 2008
No really. She asks,they say shez materialistic and all shez after is money money money. Okay, she doesn't ask and they begin to sulk about not being needed and suffer from a massive ego-drop grin

So draw the line guys.

@pataki

Of course partners have to be inter-dependent, but I'm talking about a woman that doesn't run to you for everything. The only time you see her say ''help'' is when its totally out of her capacity.

But otherwise, she handles pretty much everything else.
Re: Miss Independent by igwe11(m): 6:57pm On Nov 09, 2008
Cristalz:

Ok dudes, I see some are saying things like ''a little dependent''.

So tell me,just where do y'all draw the line? Should she or shouldn't she ask you for stuff? Should she or shouldn't she take care of her business herself? Or when should she bring you into it?

Seems to me most guys are confused over this grin

No matter how much,if the guy is intelligent and knows what to do with his life, thats the best time that can happen to such man,i know of a multimillionaire that made it out of the wife's wealth .nothing like insecure, is all about respect to each other.Man gotta respect and admire his special gift frm God.

If i get u right, you mean humble Miss Independent not arrogant one.
Re: Miss Independent by Cristalz(f): 6:58pm On Nov 09, 2008
doyin13:

Then

Free loader grin
Re: Miss Independent by Pataki: 7:03pm On Nov 09, 2008
Cristalz:

@pataki

Of course partners have to be inter-dependent, but I'm talking about a woman that doesn't run to you for everything. The only time you see her say ''help'' is when its totally out of her capacity.

But otherwise, she handles pretty much everything else.

If there is ever a lady as such right now, forward her to me. tongue

Of course, such ladies are delightsome to have. However, there is the tendency for her to be arrogant and rude with her material possessions or her excellent ability to handle her issues independently.

Nevertheless, I seek for a lady who knows how to balance things equally. That is: When not to sit on my neck for things to be done for her and when to sit on my neck even she can effectively handle her affairs, but she just wants me to feel as the man in her life. tongue
Re: Miss Independent by Nobody: 7:12pm On Nov 09, 2008
if they truly exist,
i dont mind meeting one.
in fact the more independent,the better.
at least man go get cash do other things
and of see other chicks wink
Re: Miss Independent by just1n(m): 7:23pm On Nov 09, 2008
doyin13:

Then

m on ur side jwo! wink
Re: Miss Independent by Cristalz(f): 8:12pm On Nov 09, 2008
bennygee:

if they truly exist,
i don't mind meeting one.
in fact the more independent,the better.
at least man go get cash do other things
and of see other chicks wink

Can you imagine? LOL grin grin

You so don't deserve an independent lady grin
Re: Miss Independent by Morenike3(f): 8:15pm On Nov 09, 2008
Same people that complains about "gold diggas" are the ones hating on independent women. Ki nan fe?
Re: Miss Independent by just1n(m): 8:20pm On Nov 09, 2008
undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How “no Sex Before Marriage” Destroyed My Marriage, 6yrs after I'm still single / See What My Girlfriend Of 16 Years Bought Me / Describe your 1st romantic Kiss. How Old Were U Then? Wud U kiss him/her again?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.