Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,195 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:19 AM

RIP: Poem In Honour Of Wing Commander Chimda Hedima.. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / RIP: Poem In Honour Of Wing Commander Chimda Hedima.. (2468 Views)

Hajara Hausa Muslim Female Wing Commander / Beheaded By BH: Tribute To Wing Commander Chimda Hedima 1975 - 2014 / A Whole Wing Commander Slaughtered Like Ram By Almajiri? I Weep For My Country (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

RIP: Poem In Honour Of Wing Commander Chimda Hedima.. by SiriusBlack: 3:40pm On Oct 06, 2014
Though I never knew Wing Commander Chimda Hedima personally, I have friends who did..He was a calm, friendly and brilliant chap..He piloted the ill-fated Alpha Jet of the NAF till he was murdered..Though I'm not an excellent poet, I must admit, I felt I needed to write a simple poem in honour of this patriot...He won't get a National honour even though "Aki" and "Pawpaw" did..No..but, he will stay in our hearts a hero and a loyal son of this country...
RIP Wing Commander Chimda Hedima..

Today, my bird will soar..
Today my country's might will roar..
With skill, with poise, heart and might..
Ill fly, ill fly its wings, its war, ill gladly fight.

Now cutting through the wind..
My chariot, in Mach 1 blistering with speed..
Arriving to visit hell on my country's enemies..
Ill fly, ill fly, with bravery and grace, in history's corridors, let me take my place.

I see the devils!! duty calls now,
Slowly I drop my ordinace, evading their shells with brilliance..
Its done, with a smile I look up...
Shivering controls, break my grin..

Our chariot's been hit! Its been hit!
Screams my co-warrior in his seat.
Let's get home! Let's get home!He screams..
No..No...Not home..I say, Lets finish this..

Slowly we roll down...still fighting with every breath..
Flames light up their camps! Death, death death!
We did it! We did it!

Bang!! excitement gives way as my chariot begins to break apart
She served me well, my land too..
Eject! Eject! My co-warrior screams..
No I won't! As crazy as that seems....

I see light now...A punch jerks me up..
I've been captured! Still I can't feel fear?
Where is my co-pilot? Where is my chariot?
I remember it all..joy fills my heart, because I answered when duty called..

I see their axe now, I look at the sky,
Still no fear? Still no tears?
Ill defy them all, still ill stay strong..
Take my life, get on with it! Warriors don't plead...

Mama, Papa, weep not...im going home standing tall..
A true patriot, I hope I did my best..
I gave my life, I gave my all..
To my country, my land, I fulfilled my pledge..

Forget me not, forget me not..
From the forests of the south, to the hills of the North.
Tell my story, tell it all..
My sacrifice, my bravery, oh! Tell it all.

Thank You.

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: RIP: Poem In Honour Of Wing Commander Chimda Hedima.. by Sparrow13: 3:44pm On Oct 06, 2014
Thank God you are alive CyberGeneral.
#IAmChimdaHedima
the man who never beg for his life, but saw death and said go to hell
#VictoryForNigeria

3 Likes

Re: RIP: Poem In Honour Of Wing Commander Chimda Hedima.. by DONGOYARO1: 3:54pm On Oct 06, 2014
RIP wing commander Chimda Hedima

SiriusBlack, the Lord is your strength

When will the NA commence the operation that would help us flush the Haramites out of Michika? They'v also reached the town of Kuburshosho, burning down the family house of Boni Haruna, the minister of Youth and development.

People are sufferingsadsad

4 Likes

Re: RIP: Poem In Honour Of Wing Commander Chimda Hedima.. by ObiOkpor(m): 3:56pm On Oct 06, 2014
Nigerian government don't honor hard working,patriotic citizens but they honor penrobbers and the rest...
RIP soldier...
@Generalsirius,awaken the other thread,it's almost dead..
ThankGod you are alive..Our prayers are with our troops..Barka De Sallah!

1 Like

Re: RIP: Poem In Honour Of Wing Commander Chimda Hedima.. by Nobody: 4:06pm On Oct 06, 2014
So tourching .... I feel like crying

2 Likes

Re: RIP: Poem In Honour Of Wing Commander Chimda Hedima.. by LOC1(m): 4:18pm On Oct 06, 2014
I DAFF my head in respect for this hero. You were there when duty called and you died a brave man. Maximum respect as your selfless service has given us hope that indeed, there will be light at the end of the tunnel.

REST IN PEACE SOLDIER!

1 Like

Re: RIP: Poem In Honour Of Wing Commander Chimda Hedima.. by Nobody: 4:20pm On Oct 06, 2014
THE TIDE OFMARCH

Goodbye we shall see soon, He assured his family
With courage and pride he flew to the northern rally
Selfless service to motherland!
On no way to terrorism he stand!

To his face death bare its gnashing fangs
But never in fear did he shranks
Don't worry it wont be long
Just a strike and the pain is gone
O' brave soldier! You made your mama proud
Even so your lost companion in the cloud

Wife and kids dont be broken down
I just decided to go with this clowns
I was blown away with the crash
In the tide of March

this is just my little contribution to your poem Siriusblack althoug am not a poet

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: RIP: Poem In Honour Of Wing Commander Chimda Hedima.. by Nobody: 4:21pm On Oct 06, 2014
Sparrow13:
Thank God you are alive CyberGeneral.
#IAmChimdaHedima
the man who never beg for his life, but saw death and said go to hell
#VictoryForNigeria
Walahi, the guy na e-general and online war combatant grin

1 Like

Re: RIP: Poem In Honour Of Wing Commander Chimda Hedima.. by rasbaby(f): 5:46pm On Oct 06, 2014
Is that really seriousblack or some impostor? The seriousblack I know doesn't make grammatical errors when typing. I need prove or its not him!
Re: RIP: Poem In Honour Of Wing Commander Chimda Hedima.. by celeron40(m): 5:54pm On Oct 06, 2014
rasbaby:
Is that really seriousblack or some impostor? The seriousblack I know doesn't make grammatical errors when typing. I need prove or its not him!
Aunty B.sc in English...pls point out the errors..and its "proof" not "prove"..... undecided undecided

3 Likes

Re: RIP: Poem In Honour Of Wing Commander Chimda Hedima.. by yokiti: 5:56pm On Oct 06, 2014
The labour of our heroes past will never be in vain.
RIP to our late soldier who paid the supreme sacrifice for the love of his fatherland.
We shall see the tragic end of the boko haramites.
Adieu gallant officer!!!

1 Like

Re: RIP: Poem In Honour Of Wing Commander Chimda Hedima.. by ObiOkpor(m): 7:13pm On Oct 06, 2014
rasbaby:
We need prove to know if really you are the one that typed this or its not you. grin

1 Like

Re: RIP: Poem In Honour Of Wing Commander Chimda Hedima.. by Day169: 7:18pm On Oct 06, 2014
RIP Gallant Pilot!!
Touching as this poem is, it gives me a rare sense of patriotism.
Thanks SiriusBlack.

1 Like

Re: RIP: Poem In Honour Of Wing Commander Chimda Hedima.. by LordMecuzy(m): 8:44pm On Oct 06, 2014
Great Hero

Sirusblack Our Thread is Dying Off, Pls we need more information
Re: RIP: Poem In Honour Of Wing Commander Chimda Hedima.. by Nobody: 9:00pm On Oct 06, 2014
Its good to hear from comrade siriusblack
Hedima represents what every member of our arm forces stands for. Bravery & honor
With the little he had. He give his best
Re: RIP: Poem In Honour Of Wing Commander Chimda Hedima.. by PresidentAde(m): 9:04pm On Oct 06, 2014
*** RIP the gallant Soldier ***
May your Seeds grow & Multiply........May Ur Name and that of ur colleagues never be in Forgotten..................AMEN.
We are Proud of You.......You Came,,You saw & paid the ultimate price with your life .........Awauh !!!
Re: RIP: Poem In Honour Of Wing Commander Chimda Hedima.. by brownlords: 9:25pm On Oct 06, 2014
Walk jejely gallant wing commando as you trianx soil science and continue to shina L.S. F Jesus, may your woged soul R.I.P
Re: RIP: Poem In Honour Of Wing Commander Chimda Hedima.. by Zuria(f): 9:49pm On Oct 06, 2014
Swore not to cry but I did...all I wanted to remember were his smiles & laughter cry cry

We shall show your kids your great videos and tell them the sacrifice you made for the Love and Unity of our Nation's future... We thank your wife for her strength at this dark times...and to other family members at their displayed bravery....

Oga Hedima, as you are popularly known in NAF barracks, we thank you for putting death to shame, as it couldn't kill your name on our lips and in our hearts....RIP

#NAFmourns #keepingthepeace

3 Likes

Re: RIP: Poem In Honour Of Wing Commander Chimda Hedima.. by celeron40(m): 9:50pm On Oct 06, 2014
LordMecuzy:
Great Hero

Sirusblack Our Thread is Dying Off, Pls we need more information
Re: RIP: Poem In Honour Of Wing Commander Chimda Hedima.. by EdCure: 9:54pm On Oct 06, 2014
Our waving flag is not blown by the wind
But by the final breath of every patriot
Who died to keep it flying.

God Rest His Soul !

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: RIP: Poem In Honour Of Wing Commander Chimda Hedima.. by EdCure: 10:09pm On Oct 06, 2014
DONGOYARO1: RIP wing commander Chimda Hedima
When will the NA commence the operation that would help us flush the Haramites out of Michika? They'v also reached the town of Kuburshosho, burning down the family house of Boni Haruna, the minister of Youth and development.
People are sufferingsadsad
This is serious. I tought the BH fortunes have dwindled.
Too bad NL admin would prefer people live in total oblivion of realities on ground.
May God help us all.

1 Like

Re: RIP: Poem In Honour Of Wing Commander Chimda Hedima.. by theSpark(m): 10:34pm On Oct 06, 2014
Rest in Peace Wing Commander Hemda

May God continue to be with you siriusblack.
Re: RIP: Poem In Honour Of Wing Commander Chimda Hedima.. by chronique(m): 6:21am On Oct 07, 2014
RIP wing commander Chima Hedima. We'd never forget you.
Re: RIP: Poem In Honour Of Wing Commander Chimda Hedima.. by tempest01(m): 9:49am On Oct 07, 2014
RIP Sire, you paid the greatest price for your country.

You died for us to live...

You will surely be avenged
Re: RIP: Poem In Honour Of Wing Commander Chimda Hedima.. by omerta(f): 10:26am On Oct 07, 2014
This is so sad. R.I.P, gallant soldier, may your killers be served worse.
Re: RIP: Poem In Honour Of Wing Commander Chimda Hedima.. by komekn(m): 10:43am On Oct 10, 2014
Revealed Incredible Personality

Paid the price the ultimate price for a nation that its leaders who should know better would other wise DENIGRATE than CELEBRATE by descending so low to even deny his existance.

Officer I salute you with gratitude from all patriots of Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan To Obasanjo: I’m Nigeria’s Best Leader / Let Celebrate Nigeria / Photo: General Abacha Welcoming M.K.O. Abiola To Aso Rock Villa In 1994

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.