Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,352 members, 7,819,253 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:21 PM

See What Unilag Did!Is This Not Gonna Increase Materialism In Our Ladies? - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / See What Unilag Did!Is This Not Gonna Increase Materialism In Our Ladies? (49841 Views)

Look At What Unilag Students Must Sign Before Being Re-admitted Back To School / What UNILAG 14days Strike Has Caused To Me So Far. / See What Materialism Is Doing To Our Ladies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See What Unilag Did!Is This Not Gonna Increase Materialism In Our Ladies? by presegsADESIDA(m): 10:06am On Oct 07, 2014
aboyaji:
only if you know what that laptop and car symbolizes respectively. The girl with car has been settled. The car will not generete income to her. But the intelligent girl with laptop will see this opportunity as a key to read, browse , write down ideas that will fetch her millions if she works harder

Just as you've said!They've given her the most important thing that will help her become an Information Marketer making money selling her ideas.
Re: See What Unilag Did!Is This Not Gonna Increase Materialism In Our Ladies? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 10:06am On Oct 07, 2014
aboyaji:
only if you know what that laptop and car symbolizes respectively. The girl with car has been settled. The car will not generete income to her. But the intelligent girl with laptop will see this opportunity as a key to read, browse , write down ideas that will fetch her millions if she works harder
Make I hear word!
Stop encouraging yourself with false hope.
What you said only happens once in a thousand girls.
Who told you that the girl that won a car can't later sell it to purchase more than 10 laptops or buy cars for transport biz or convert the funds to biz?
The moral of the girl that won laptop will be affected.
How can you quantify the gap b w the two prizes.
Laptop that may not be more than N100,000 & a car of nothing less than N1million. Do the maths!
Last Bullet
So many unecessary gifts attached to beauty peagents & reality shows while winners of educational competitions are rewarded like beggars!
This is why Cowbell Mathematics Competition keeps rewarding winners with N100,000 while MTN Project Fame, Guilder Ultimate Search etc keeps giving out N7m & N10m.
Knowledge don suffer!

1 Like

Re: See What Unilag Did!Is This Not Gonna Increase Materialism In Our Ladies? by repogirl(f): 10:07am On Oct 07, 2014
Nawa o, some people will commit suicide over my unserious comment before, please all of you can oblige yourselves!! E still no easy to fyne sha tongue grin
Re: See What Unilag Did!Is This Not Gonna Increase Materialism In Our Ladies? by presegsADESIDA(m): 10:07am On Oct 07, 2014
OkikiOluwa1:

Make I hear word!
Who told you that the girl that won a car can't later sell it to purchase more than 10 laptops or buy cars for transport biz or convert the funds to biz?
Laptop that may not be more than N100,000 & a car of nothing less than N1million. Do the maths!

Don't look into today/now but look into tomorrow/later!
Re: See What Unilag Did!Is This Not Gonna Increase Materialism In Our Ladies? by tonte(m): 10:10am On Oct 07, 2014
and how exactly do you intend to explain what role our leaders play in this?

eightsin:
That's what our leaders encourage. Too bad
Re: See What Unilag Did!Is This Not Gonna Increase Materialism In Our Ladies? by Jokay07(m): 10:10am On Oct 07, 2014
aboyaji:
there is no gain in calling ''black cup'' a ''white cup'' let the truth be told and let's take the bull by the horns. It's quite unfortunate that these higher institutions in the country have deviated frm the primary purpose, there by chasing shadow even in the dark. A higher institution is a landscape of learning, studying and acquisition of knowledge, it's a platform provided fr able minded people who are ready to make researches and to, at the say time, give bk to the society and such activities should nd must be supported with several incentives and rewards in order to motivate students. But the reverse is the case in an institution whereby a mere ''the most beautiful girl'' was given a brand new tear rubber case that worths millions of naira and the ''intelligent one'' was given a ''brand new'' laptop. Tell me, how could this motivate student who are hard working in their academics pursuit. No matter what, there is no iota of positive effect in this as it will further discourage the gullible student. Secondly, what do mean by ''the car will nt generate income''? Lolz. Please let's face reality, you cnt compare the value of a car wt a common laptop. Tell me how you wll feel If u hear that your own son in his secondary school was given a mathematical set as the best student and another student was given a 'laptop'' as the most beautiful student? Let's be sincere.
Re: See What Unilag Did!Is This Not Gonna Increase Materialism In Our Ladies? by buchilino(m): 10:11am On Oct 07, 2014
aboyaji:
i hope you understood what i said up there. I never mentioned that the car wasnt ok, rather, i am was giving the intelligent girl hope to focus and make something outta what she has been given to. Thanks

WORD
Re: See What Unilag Did!Is This Not Gonna Increase Materialism In Our Ladies? by amtoxic66(f): 10:11am On Oct 07, 2014
Am nt here to read comments, i will be bck
Re: See What Unilag Did!Is This Not Gonna Increase Materialism In Our Ladies? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 10:12am On Oct 07, 2014
presegsADESIDA:

Don't look into today/now but look into tomorrow/later!
What diff is today & tomorrow?
Tomorrow wey go better, na today it go start.
Those gifts are just too controversial & can't be ignored.
Read my prev post again.
I v updated it.
Re: See What Unilag Did!Is This Not Gonna Increase Materialism In Our Ladies? by ddippset(m): 10:12am On Oct 07, 2014
aboyaji:
story. lol.
Re: See What Unilag Did!Is This Not Gonna Increase Materialism In Our Ladies? by Agrika: 10:13am On Oct 07, 2014
Let's be realistic here on a normal day which of these shows will get ur attention on TV, a live debate or live Beauty pageant,...and besides most beauty pageants goes beyond showing up with a pretty face, u are asked tactical questions, asked to dance etc...so the beauty queen herself is brilliant in her own way...besides debate get levels,...SOME PEOPLE ARE PRETTY, SOME ARE INTELLIGENT BUT ONLY A FEW PEOPLE GOT BEAUTY WITH BRAINS...so make una free the fine girl jor
Re: See What Unilag Did!Is This Not Gonna Increase Materialism In Our Ladies? by bigx(m): 10:13am On Oct 07, 2014
Beazy:
Sometimes you can’t blame ladies who are crazy about material stuffs, and that is because our society is not encouraging hard work. Study hard, you get handshake. Spend time to look sexy, you get big regards. Smh!
The Miss Unilag 2014 Winner was Awarded Handsomely with a Brand New Car last week, How Come the Most Brilliant Debater get a Laptop?

Because the Brilliant debater should be able to use his brains an the laptop to buy brand new cars.
Re: See What Unilag Did!Is This Not Gonna Increase Materialism In Our Ladies? by Jokay07(m): 10:14am On Oct 07, 2014
OkikiOluwa1:

Make I hear word!
Last Bullet
So many unecessary gifts attached to beauty peagents & reality shows while winners of educational competitions are rewarded like beggars!
This is why Cowbell Mathematics Competition keeps rewarding winners with N100,000 while MTN Project Fame, Guilder Ultimate Search etc keeps giving out N7m & N10m.
Knowledge don suffer!
100000000000000 for this post. If she liquidate dat car, the money go car up to 100 laptops,

1 Like

Re: See What Unilag Did!Is This Not Gonna Increase Materialism In Our Ladies? by alegria(m): 10:14am On Oct 07, 2014
aboyaji:

oga, that's a laptop in d right hands, am sure it'd even b a pentium something laptop! #onlyinnigeria
Re: See What Unilag Did!Is This Not Gonna Increase Materialism In Our Ladies? by simdam500(m): 10:15am On Oct 07, 2014
i must say this clearly. some see the above case as insane but comparing the two scene is the insane thing to do ... Beauty they say is in the eye of the beholder of which every beauty faces must have contested and if not all the student, non-staff and staff must have voted...

On the other side Education is the best Legacy!

why would anybody wanna compare them together.
they dabate crew might not have made it publicly known, even seeing the debatee, awardee and the location for the debate looks 1/50 of the whole institute; so please what do you expect.

but here on the other hand.
the beautiful girl is known, rally in and out of the institute, publicity here and there, captivating story here and there about the damsel... (dont forget everyone you see in the institute are there to learn; why would anybody just want to disproof other smartness via debating).

though am not in support of any of the above cases (sitting on the fence) but no one is to be blame and remember everyone has it own interest and what do waste it leisure on shocked grin embarassed lipsrsealed undecided kiss cry cheesy wink smiley sad
Re: See What Unilag Did!Is This Not Gonna Increase Materialism In Our Ladies? by haibe(m): 10:15am On Oct 07, 2014
iamrealdeji:

At the end of the day,she no even fine,the scholar is even prettier,i heard Unilag students don't read though,they pass with through runs

Come to unilag first, you will know whether we study or not.
Re: See What Unilag Did!Is This Not Gonna Increase Materialism In Our Ladies? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 10:16am On Oct 07, 2014
Jokay07:
100000000000000 for this post. If she liquidate dat car, the money go car up to 100 laptops,
tanx jare
Re: See What Unilag Did!Is This Not Gonna Increase Materialism In Our Ladies? by presegsADESIDA(m): 10:16am On Oct 07, 2014
OkikiOluwa1:

What diff is today & tomorrow?
Tomorrow wey go better, na today it go start.
Those gifts are just too controversial & can't be ignored.
Read my prev post again.
I v updated it.

See you!
Today cannot be compared with tomorrow!
Re: See What Unilag Did!Is This Not Gonna Increase Materialism In Our Ladies? by Jokay07(m): 10:17am On Oct 07, 2014
bigx:

Because the Brilliant debater should be able to use his brains an the laptop to buy brand new cars.
and the most beautiful should sell her car and buy a laptop?? Are u ok wt it? Mtchew. No wonder why the education sector keep sinking.
Re: See What Unilag Did!Is This Not Gonna Increase Materialism In Our Ladies? by Nobody: 10:18am On Oct 07, 2014
aboyaji:
You sound so dumb it actually hurts!

1 Like

Re: See What Unilag Did!Is This Not Gonna Increase Materialism In Our Ladies? by Nobody: 10:20am On Oct 07, 2014
we really shuld start tellin ouselves d truth even if we aint living by it.its a school setting na,a tertiary institution @dah,encouragin study habits,as well as rewardin brillant,and assidous students shuld be top on their priority..i dnt hv a problem wt d car dey rewarded d beauty queen,buh we cnt dismiss d fact dah d brillant gal deserved more*a scholarship,cashprice..just smtin more benefitting!
Re: See What Unilag Did!Is This Not Gonna Increase Materialism In Our Ladies? by bigx(m): 10:21am On Oct 07, 2014
Jokay07:
and the most beautiful should sell her car and buy a laptop?? Are u ok wt it? Mtchew. No wonder why the education sector keep sinking.

Have you noticed through time beautiful women get what you sweat for on a platter of gold? It's even in the Bible. Brains are given to us for a reason, to work hard and acquire beautiful things.
Re: See What Unilag Did!Is This Not Gonna Increase Materialism In Our Ladies? by Mutendiwashe(f): 10:21am On Oct 07, 2014
I believe it is not about what you got, but you make out of it that counts.
Re: See What Unilag Did!Is This Not Gonna Increase Materialism In Our Ladies? by Nobody: 10:23am On Oct 07, 2014
nikkyshyne:
I repeat, RUBBISH. How much is a laptop? 90% of university students already own their laptops. I won't be surprised if you are in the 10% without one.

Do you know how useful it is to have a car of your own? That is one less stress to worry about. You need mobility to make money.

Let them ask the debater which she prefers and see if she will go for a laptop. An intelligent girl will also see the best use to make out of her car.
hahaha,this gyal is brutal lol,u just murdered this guy!

1 Like

Re: See What Unilag Did!Is This Not Gonna Increase Materialism In Our Ladies? by cityhunter1(m): 10:25am On Oct 07, 2014
aboyaji:
hahahahaha sell that car u know how many laptops go come out. Turn am to taxi na income. Many other ways to fetch money
Re: See What Unilag Did!Is This Not Gonna Increase Materialism In Our Ladies? by daxon001(m): 10:25am On Oct 07, 2014
Away from d topicundecided
were do u guys get dese hillarious images from?cheesy
Re: See What Unilag Did!Is This Not Gonna Increase Materialism In Our Ladies? by sirjohnson(m): 10:26am On Oct 07, 2014
aboyaji:

You get sense pass Jonathan

1 Like

Re: See What Unilag Did!Is This Not Gonna Increase Materialism In Our Ladies? by daveP(m): 10:26am On Oct 07, 2014
Another of the millions of cases regarding MISPLACED VALUES. undecided
Re: See What Unilag Did!Is This Not Gonna Increase Materialism In Our Ladies? by chinedumo(m): 10:30am On Oct 07, 2014
repogirl:
Op, do you think it is easy to be fine? Some try and try and they can never get there, so abeg free girls jare! Let their fineness be rewarded!

nne you think it is easy to be brilliant?
So many try but will never get there.

The school is supposed to teach brilliance not sexiness.
Re: See What Unilag Did!Is This Not Gonna Increase Materialism In Our Ladies? by koyyess: 10:31am On Oct 07, 2014
rodeo0070:
Education has few sponsors. As in the case of Cowbell's mathematics competition reward versus MTN project fame, Maltina dancehall etc.
That's very true.
Re: See What Unilag Did!Is This Not Gonna Increase Materialism In Our Ladies? by paroh137(m): 10:31am On Oct 07, 2014
iamrealdeji:

At the end of the day,she no even fine,the scholar is even prettier,i heard Unilag students don't read though,they pass with through runs
That's the kind of stuff you'll be hearing. When last did you hear that God loves you? Nonsense.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

27 Kagara Students Kidnapped, One Shot Dead - Niger State Governor (graphic Pix) / Chris Oyakhilome Builds Faculty Of Engineering - Benson Idahosa University (Pics / Nigerian dad reacts after daughter's school forced her to losen her braided hair

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.