Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,944 members, 7,952,814 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:43 AM

See What Unilag Did!Is This Not Gonna Increase Materialism In Our Ladies? - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / See What Unilag Did!Is This Not Gonna Increase Materialism In Our Ladies? (50200 Views)

Look At What Unilag Students Must Sign Before Being Re-admitted Back To School / What UNILAG 14days Strike Has Caused To Me So Far. / See What Materialism Is Doing To Our Ladies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See What Unilag Did!Is This Not Gonna Increase Materialism In Our Ladies? by creativemusic: 9:21am On Oct 07, 2014
it is a pity,....That is the Kind of leaders we have today at the top..... vote wisely next time............... angryit is a pity,....That is the Kind of leaders we have today at the top..... vote wisely next time...............
Re: See What Unilag Did!Is This Not Gonna Increase Materialism In Our Ladies? by tintingz(m): 9:23am On Oct 07, 2014
repogirl:
Op, do you think it is easy to be fine? Some try and try and they can never get there, so abeg free girls jare! Let their fineness be rewarded!
do you think it is easy to be fine? see question... so what about the make ups girls use to paint their face and do other fake stuff to look good?

Beauty will fade off but what you have in your brain or inside you will remain.

why should girls beauty/look/body be judged?

It is people like you that think the key to everything is the body.
Re: See What Unilag Did!Is This Not Gonna Increase Materialism In Our Ladies? by ramdris(m): 9:23am On Oct 07, 2014
aboyaji:
why are our brains not working properly. I was only encouraging the intelligent girl to make out something from what she has been offered to. I never said a car was bad to own. Moreover, the girls werent asked to make a choice. All am saying is, that much is expected of the intelligent girl from the little she has been offered
Story for the gods tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See What Unilag Did!Is This Not Gonna Increase Materialism In Our Ladies? by agarawu23(m): 9:23am On Oct 07, 2014
NIGERIA is a sinking NATION, why are u guys still dragging issues that happened in nigeria? the unilag gal is now where nigeria money willl be heading to because all these politicians will want to taste her market. as for the lady with laptop, dont worry your hardwork will buy you a LAMBOGINI or FERRARI soon.

1 Like

Re: See What Unilag Did!Is This Not Gonna Increase Materialism In Our Ladies? by Gen2jaynee: 9:24am On Oct 07, 2014
repogirl:
Op, do you think it is easy to be fine? Some try and try and they can never get there, so abeg free girls jare! Let their fineness be rewarded!
Even the BRILLANT girl is pretty, with the hijab sef wen she wear, the brillant girl is beautiful biko!

2 Likes

Re: See What Unilag Did!Is This Not Gonna Increase Materialism In Our Ladies? by Jakeattah(m): 9:25am On Oct 07, 2014
Beauty over brains

The worlds philosopht
Re: See What Unilag Did!Is This Not Gonna Increase Materialism In Our Ladies? by Archmage(m): 9:26am On Oct 07, 2014
this is a sheer reflection on the inner reward dynamics of our society.... this as simple as it seems explains alot about why people go morally rogue.... hardwork is barely accorded its dues...
Re: See What Unilag Did!Is This Not Gonna Increase Materialism In Our Ladies? by biggmusty(m): 9:26am On Oct 07, 2014
Psalmwise:
....meen u funny sha so if u re told to pick either a car or a laptop ...u wud pick a laptop....ifshe sells dat car do you knw how many laptop dat wud cum out from the money gotten from the sale of the car...,meen ur sense of reasoning is very high sha...
100 Likes
Re: See What Unilag Did!Is This Not Gonna Increase Materialism In Our Ladies? by nikkyshyne(f): 9:26am On Oct 07, 2014
ramdris:

Story for the gods tongue
Yes oo. Story for the gods cheesy grin
Re: See What Unilag Did!Is This Not Gonna Increase Materialism In Our Ladies? by Seyitosino(m): 9:27am On Oct 07, 2014
Psalmwise:
....meen u funny sha so if u re told to pick either a car or a laptop ...u wud pick a laptop....ifshe sells dat car do you knw how many laptop dat wud cum out from the money gotten from the sale of the car...,meen ur sense of reasoning is very high sha...
And u think d beauty peagent wl be d@ much thoughtful? D@ is even if she can use a laptop.
Re: See What Unilag Did!Is This Not Gonna Increase Materialism In Our Ladies? by LilNetty(m): 9:33am On Oct 07, 2014
Kirinwa:
Op instead of this rant of yours that won't change anything. Why not go to the VC's office on appointment and lay your complaint on his desk.
Please mind ur statement.I quess u are Matured enuf to understand what I mean.Besides, is it a most u comment?? U wanna Create an E-fight here ryt?
Re: See What Unilag Did!Is This Not Gonna Increase Materialism In Our Ladies? by gatiano(m): 9:33am On Oct 07, 2014
this is a world of play. one would get paid big playing. transitory world.
Re: See What Unilag Did!Is This Not Gonna Increase Materialism In Our Ladies? by tintingz(m): 9:33am On Oct 07, 2014
Gen2jaynee:

Even the BRILLANT girl is pretty, with the hijab sef wen she wear, the brillant girl is beautiful biko!
Don't mind them.

I will blame the leaders for this.
Re: See What Unilag Did!Is This Not Gonna Increase Materialism In Our Ladies? by duni04(m): 9:34am On Oct 07, 2014
Richardjemedafe:
I met this girl on fb and we ve been
chatting for 6 months now.
Today, i logged in and i saw her online,
and we started chatting immediately.
ME: Hello dear
HER: happy independence.
ME: same to u dear
HER: so where is my independence gift?
ME: Habba! Big girl like u is asking for
independence gift?.
HER: Abeg oo. Me am nt a big girl oo. U
wnt to deny me independence gift abi? ....I
quickly went to buy N500 card and sent the
pin into her chat inbox....
ME:Dear manage this pls.
HER: noo, pls am only joking. I will nt take
that.
ME: pls pls.
HER: and i refuse. I cnt take anything from
u.
....i quickly loaded the card and transfered it
into her line acct...
HER: u think u are smart eh? ....a minute
later
heard an alert msg tang-tang..''N1000 is
transfered to u from...''
ME: whats the meaning of that?
HER: i told u, u shldnt. ...(this girl wan show
me big girl abi?) i used my last N2000 to
buy card, load am, making N3000 and send
it to her.
....Some minutes later, an alert, tang-
tang..''N6000 is transfered to u from....''
chaiii..this girl wan try me? And i dnt hv
any money again! I called my friend and
borrowed the N6000 he was keeping for his
landlord, i told him i will be expecting
N24,000 in the next 5min and i will pay him
back...i quickly buy card of N6000, and sent
her the N12,000..and i kept my phone close
to my
ear expecting alert...
Ten minutes later, instead of msg alert, it
was a call from her...''Hello dear, jst call to
thank u for the independence gift..we'll
chat later''....
grin grin grin
Re: See What Unilag Did!Is This Not Gonna Increase Materialism In Our Ladies? by Klare(f): 9:34am On Oct 07, 2014
Richardjemedafe:
I met this girl on fb and we ve been
chatting for 6 months now.
Today, i logged in and i saw her online,
and we started chatting immediately.
ME: Hello dear
HER: happy independence.
ME: same to u dear
HER: so where is my independence gift?
ME: Habba! Big girl like u is asking for
independence gift?.
HER: Abeg oo. Me am nt a big girl oo. U
wnt to deny me independence gift abi? ....I
quickly went to buy N500 card and sent the
pin into her chat inbox....
ME:Dear manage this pls.
HER: noo, pls am only joking. I will nt take
that.
ME: pls pls.
HER: and i refuse. I cnt take anything from
u.
....i quickly loaded the card and transfered it
into her line acct...
HER: u think u are smart eh? ....a minute
later
heard an alert msg tang-tang..''N1000 is
transfered to u from...''
ME: whats the meaning of that?
HER: i told u, u shldnt. ...(this girl wan show
me big girl abi?) i used my last N2000 to
buy card, load am, making N3000 and send
it to her.
....Some minutes later, an alert, tang-
tang..''N6000 is transfered to u from....''
chaiii..this girl wan try me? And i dnt hv
any money again! I called my friend and
borrowed the N6000 he was keeping for his
landlord, i told him i will be expecting
N24,000 in the next 5min and i will pay him
back...i quickly buy card of N6000, and sent
her the N12,000..and i kept my phone close
to my
ear expecting alert...
Ten minutes later, instead of msg alert, it
was a call from her...''Hello dear, jst call to
thank u for the independence gift..we'll
chat later''....
e don finish for u oo oga pele ndo hun?
Re: See What Unilag Did!Is This Not Gonna Increase Materialism In Our Ladies? by AishyWemsy(f): 9:35am On Oct 07, 2014
aboyaji:
only if you know what that laptop and car symbolizes respectively. The girl with car has been settled. The car will not generete income to her. But the intelligent girl with laptop will see this opportunity as a key to read, browse , write down ideas that will fetch her millions if she works harder
s
Re: See What Unilag Did!Is This Not Gonna Increase Materialism In Our Ladies? by kenex4ever(m): 9:36am On Oct 07, 2014
aboyaji:
only if you know what that laptop and car symbolizes respectively. The girl with car has been settled. The car will not generete income to her. But the intelligent girl with laptop will see this opportunity as a key to read, browse , write down ideas that will fetch her millions if she works harder
So if u r to choose between d two u will go 4 lap top? to b frank with u, the world in general value entertainment far more dan anything. They don't encourage reading and dey r d first to complain dat nigerians don't read
Re: See What Unilag Did!Is This Not Gonna Increase Materialism In Our Ladies? by alabiyemmy(m): 9:37am On Oct 07, 2014
eightsin:
That's what our leaders encourage. Too bad

Whats this got to do with our leaders?

1 Like

Re: See What Unilag Did!Is This Not Gonna Increase Materialism In Our Ladies? by valuedammy(m): 9:37am On Oct 07, 2014
That is y the academic performance of secondary school leavers will never improve because they knows there is no reasonable reward for academic excellence.

1 Like

Re: See What Unilag Did!Is This Not Gonna Increase Materialism In Our Ladies? by Ograke(m): 9:39am On Oct 07, 2014
Acidosis:
The ROI (Return on Investment) of a beautiful girl to a company is higher than that of a 'brilliant' one. Who says beautiful girls aren't intelligent?

I believe the contest is company sponsored; hence, the company has little to gain from a first class student. As a matter of fact, most of these companies (telecoms, etc) have lots of pending first class and sharp 2-1 resumes.

I really do not blame them; is Ekiti not the Nigerian state with the highest number of PhD holders? What's the impact of PhD degrees on the state?

Companies pay advitisers, models, etc more than hard working staff. It's all about RETURN ON INVESTMENT, not the number of linear equations you can solve on paper.

...and if I'm asked, I will say a 200 Unilag student is intelligent. How do I know?
She passed her O'level papers, utme, and 100 courses.

I have a 7year old nephew who received 1m for simply participating in a 35 seconds TV advert for a fruit juice company. Meanwhile, the same company barely pay entry level degree holders N70k monthly. Its all about the ROI. This same advert, I believe must have yielded more returns for the company, (than what the dude rolling in an office chair can give).

There is absolutely nothing NEW a first class student can give a company whose workforce already consists of 70% first class and 2-1 holders; all they need might just be a funny advert created by "I go die" & voilla!! More millions will roll in!

Someone is also condemning ProjectFame. Let me ask; do you guys know the gain MTN made from Geoffery, Ruky, Emeka, etc? The truth is 5m, 2m, 1m & cars are mere peanuts when compared with the profit the company made from the contest.

Without these "s. illy" contests, most companies wouldn't be able to pay the "intelligent" workers.

We really need to stop criticizing everything!
Nonsense..

Just because you have a nephew that once benefitted from something similar..

Sentiments..

Is the Nigerian environment itself enabling?

Does it encourage intellectualism and innovativeness?

Some of these people you're accusing of contributing nothing to the nation's progress travel abroad to where they're appreciated and become phenomenal there..

Is it even all PhD holders that are gainfully employed?..Some that even have job among them are underemployed thereby finding it hard to maximize their intellectual capabilities.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What Unilag Did!Is This Not Gonna Increase Materialism In Our Ladies? by lyntiffany(f): 9:43am On Oct 07, 2014
repogirl:
and you think is easy to be intelligent ? smh for ladies of nowa days
Re: See What Unilag Did!Is This Not Gonna Increase Materialism In Our Ladies? by Nobody: 9:47am On Oct 07, 2014
repogirl:
I think you need a brain transplant...smh
Re: See What Unilag Did!Is This Not Gonna Increase Materialism In Our Ladies? by Acidosis(m): 9:50am On Oct 07, 2014
Ograke:

Nonsense..

Just because you have a nephew that once benefitted from something similar..

Sentiments..

Is the Nigerian environment itself enabling?

Does it encourage intellectualism and innovativeness?

Some of these people you're accusing of contributing nothing to the nation's progress travel abroad to where they're appreciated and become phenomenal there..

Is it even all PhD holders that are gainfully employed?..Some that even have job among them are underemployed thereby finding it hard to maximize their intellectual capabilities.

It is not about my nephew bro. It's a general phenomenon. Even the CEOs know this fact.
Re: See What Unilag Did!Is This Not Gonna Increase Materialism In Our Ladies? by holluwai(m): 9:51am On Oct 07, 2014
Will the laptop come with free internet or will it charge with water? I'm just being logical.

aboyaji:
Re: See What Unilag Did!Is This Not Gonna Increase Materialism In Our Ladies? by tall2ce(m): 9:51am On Oct 07, 2014
too bad
Re: See What Unilag Did!Is This Not Gonna Increase Materialism In Our Ladies? by julioralph(m): 9:52am On Oct 07, 2014
iamrealdeji:

At the end of the day,she no even fine,the scholar is even prettier,i heard Unilag students don't read though,they pass with through runs
Abeg dont generalize.
Perhaps those in arts etc go to science and engineering, then u go know how far.
Re: See What Unilag Did!Is This Not Gonna Increase Materialism In Our Ladies? by Acidosis(m): 9:52am On Oct 07, 2014
who among you will pay N500 to watch Soyinka's debate?

Yet, some of you spend N7000 to subscribe DSTV just to watch Premiership.

1 Like

Re: See What Unilag Did!Is This Not Gonna Increase Materialism In Our Ladies? by livewire77: 10:00am On Oct 07, 2014
aboyaji:

Hmmmm! Says who that car can't bring income, even mega income. Think deep man. Brain + Beauty + Car = Mega rich toasters.
Re: See What Unilag Did!Is This Not Gonna Increase Materialism In Our Ladies? by dani3(m): 10:01am On Oct 07, 2014
Psalmwise:
haban nah shocked

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Uniabuja, AAU, MAU: No Accreditation On Engineering Courses - Coren / Shocking Photos Of OAU Exam Hall / "I Come, I Came And I Concer": Lady Says As She Celebrates After Her Final Exams

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.