Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,368 members, 7,861,015 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:59 PM

What Has Jonathan Done For The Yoruba? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Has Jonathan Done For The Yoruba? (1018 Views)

What Has Jonathan Done For The Yoruba People / What Has Jonathan Done For Igbo People........?????????????? / What Has Jonathan's Administration Achieved In One Year? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Has Jonathan Done For The Yoruba? by Gorrbachev: 9:35pm On Oct 06, 2014
President Goodluck Jonathan’s PDP Administration has neglected not just Lagos State, but other states in the South-West for partisan political reasons, and concentrated on other places....

Some of the difficult issues that Fashola has been contending with – using Lagos State funds to do what the Federal Government is statutorily required to do, thus inadvertently creating problems in other socio-economic sectors of the state due to paucity of funds. It is an undeniable fact that President Goodluck Jonathan’s PDP Administration has neglected not just Lagos State, but the entire South-West during his first and second terms. Federal roads in the South-West remain a mess. ..

Fashola’s Administration is not only expanding roads, but has almost completed a Light Railway. The road leading to Ikorodu Town has become a six-lane expressway and is almost completed by the same Fashola. It is a Federal Road, which begins from Jibowu terminating at Garage in Ikorodu.

The tokenism being done on the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway has already been proved to be a pre-election gimmick targetted to win votes among the gullible..

They often accuse former President Olusegun Obasanjo of sundry ‘crimes’. But it is on record the old man reconstructed and dualised the old Ota – Abeokuta Road. It was also Obasanjo, who effected a bypass on the ever-busy Lagos – Ibadan Expressway that cuts through Ishara from Ode Remo into Ago–Iwoye, thus the ability to access Osun State through Ijebu Igbo using the Four Roads Junction – Araromi Owu Road constructed by Obasanjo. The Ibadan – Ilorin Road stopped where Obasanjo left off. Ilorin – Jebba is NOTHING to write home about. The noise about achievement in the Power Sector is nothing but political 419 as the project remains that of the same Obasanjo, who effected the Papalanto and Omotosho Power Plants among others. Till date, there is NOTHING of substance ANY Yoruba can point to that Jonathan has done for the South-West under his PDP administration.

Let’s even forget about roads, for now. Internal security is 100% Federal responsibility, as it is on the Exclusive Legislative List of the 1999 Constitution. It is on record that Lagos State remains Number One when it comes to providing logistics and other assistance to the police and other security agents as if Fashola is required to be doing so. Funds are appropriated every year for the Police and other security agencies by the National Assembly. Yet, the same agencies are being funded by Fashola without appropriate commendation from the likes of this empty shell.

- The Elites
Re: What Has Jonathan Done For The Yoruba? by publicenemy(m): 10:51pm On Oct 06, 2014
Paid buhari loyalist..

For all these years the northerners ruled Nigeria what did they do for this country?

Babangida looted trillions of dollars
Abacha looted trillions of dollars
And many more. Yet they did nothing for even their people. Now its Buhari"s turn. An ex military man as well.

Nigerian politicianns are all thieves,

Goodluck ebele jonathan
Muhamadu Buhari
Atiku abubakar

None of them is worth being my president.

2 Likes

Re: What Has Jonathan Done For The Yoruba? by sammieguze(m): 3:31am On Oct 07, 2014
Seconded

in as much as i really dislike GEJ, i still prefer him to buhari or all these northerners apc is trying to field.

Whats going to kill apc majorly is their inability to field a credible person as their flag bearer cum 2015

publicenemy:
Paid buhari loyalist..

For all these years the northerners ruled Nigeria what did they do for this country?

And many more. Yet they did nothing for even their people. Now its Buhari"s turn. An ex military man as well.

Goodluck ebele jonathan
Muhamadu Buhari
Atiku abubakar

1 Like

Re: What Has Jonathan Done For The Yoruba? by tit(f): 3:39am On Oct 07, 2014
aresa:

No, we are saying the same thing. Tribalism and bigotry shapes your thinking and awareness. Tribalism and bigotry dictates your existence and relationship with other people hence your preoccupation with this dreaded disease while other people progress...

Abuja-Kaduna Rail Line is almost completed paid for via direct FG contract. Meaning the people of Nigeria are paying for it.

The Lagos Ibadan Express is under construction and paid for via direct FG contract. Meaning the people of Nigeria are paying for it.

The $1.53bn Lagos-Ibadan-Ilorin standard Rail project is under construction and paid for via direct FG contract. Meaning the people of Nigeria are paying for it.

Escravos to Lagos Pipelines System (ELPS) is almost done whit the second leg heading to Kano. How do you industrialize and develop in this modern age without gas pipelines to run your industries?

Now, the most important thing to you and the only thing you've been asking for which is the 2nd NB is still a dream and the only plan right now is to make sure ibo people pay for their own bridge via tolling? It means the people of Nigeria are not paying for it.

Have you asked yourself why GEJ is awarding and paying for major contracts and developing other places in Nigeria but when it comes to ibo people, it's repaint a warehouse and label it port, repaint some old airport and that's all..

You are paying a terrible price for tribalism and bigotry..

There's got to be more to you people than needless hate, bigotry and tribalism..

see what jonathan is doing for Yoruba and Fulani.
Yet they are not happy!
Re: What Has Jonathan Done For The Yoruba? by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 4:45am On Oct 07, 2014
The question should be what has Gej not done to the yoruber's?
Re: What Has Jonathan Done For The Yoruba? by Nobody: 6:59am On Oct 07, 2014
He has done nothing! The lagos-ibadan expressway which he's trying to use to campaign is not even anywhere near half-way done. The state in which I met that road in july was the same state I met it in sept when I traveled back to lagos, I couldn't even see the contractors(RCC and julius berger) there again. GEJ has failed the yorubas who battled yaradua's wife with endless protest to get his clueless and shy self to power. He must be booted out.
Re: What Has Jonathan Done For The Yoruba? by Gorrbachev: 10:34am On Oct 07, 2014
publicenemy:
Paid buhari loyalist..
Goodluck ebele jonathan
Muhamadu Buhari
Atiku abubakar

sammieguze:
Seconded
in as much as i really dislike GEJ, i still prefer him to buhari or all these northerners apc is trying to field.
Whats going to kill apc majorly is their inability to field a credible person as their flag bearer cum 2015

Dippy folks, Buhari does not have the money to pay any supporter and why was he brought into the conversation here. What is it about that guy you people are scared of? The question remains, What has the useless embarrassment of the fellow in aso-rock done for Yoruba people?

(1) (Reply)

Bbc News "Nigeria Govt Is Sending 200 Heath Workers To Liberia / United States Of America Explains why It Won't Sell Arms To Nigeria / Why Jonathan May Lose As Incumbent President In 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.