Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:53 PM

//&********<<<the Nairaland Rapbattles Learning Thread>>>*******&// - Rap Battles (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Rap Battles / //&********<<<the Nairaland Rapbattles Learning Thread>>>*******&// (6711 Views)

●●●●why The Nairaland 2016 Cypher Is A Flop●●●● / The Nairaland Rap Battle Section Audio Cypher Planning Thread / Ofoka's Freestyle Country- The New School Legend Of The Nairaland Freestylers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: //&********<<<the Nairaland Rapbattles Learning Thread>>>*******&// by dj5naira(m): 5:37am On Jun 14, 2015
coogar:

that's intelligence & imagination...
build up a story, add some multis & leave a sick line at the end. although, evil rappers like myself add a punch or two in the set-up and the sickest line in the end to achieve the most maximum damage possible.

just keep practising. write & write & write.
never ever be contented with your written until you come up with a sick line that got you jumping out of your seat. be your own worst critic. read your own lines like a neutral would & pick out the faults in it. edit & re-edit until you are sure you cannot do any better.

if it doesn't hit, scrap the concept & start afresh

Demn!
Re: //&********<<<the Nairaland Rapbattles Learning Thread>>>*******&// by dj5naira(m): 5:21pm On Jun 14, 2015
LhoOd:

foreal?.....dah name tho'

Huhuhu.
Re: //&********<<<the Nairaland Rapbattles Learning Thread>>>*******&// by airmark(m): 7:10pm On Jun 23, 2015
More deadly ninjas must be raised.
Re: //&********<<<the Nairaland Rapbattles Learning Thread>>>*******&// by Snickz(m): 11:12am On Jun 25, 2015
am here to learn can somebody help?
Re: //&********<<<the Nairaland Rapbattles Learning Thread>>>*******&// by ELYMAXiimus(m): 2:09pm On Jun 25, 2015
Snickz:
am here to learn can somebody help?
yes. What do you wish to learn?
Re: //&********<<<the Nairaland Rapbattles Learning Thread>>>*******&// by ELYMAXiimus(m): 2:15pm On Jun 25, 2015
@ newbies.

You can add me on fb if you are maybe too shy to ask for "directions" here in public...

I'll be glad to share the little i know with you.

My i.d is elymax cray!
Re: //&********<<<the Nairaland Rapbattles Learning Thread>>>*******&// by Snickz(m): 9:26pm On Jun 25, 2015
o k tnx i will do dat now
Re: //&********<<<the Nairaland Rapbattles Learning Thread>>>*******&// by airmark(m): 11:44pm On Jun 25, 2015
ELYMAXiimus:
@ newbies.

You can add me on fb if you are maybe too shy to ask for "directions" here in public...

I'll be glad to share the little i know with you.

My i.d is elymax cray!

As good as we appreciate your efforts on this topic, if you will be masking the tutorial via your fb acct and not post here, I may decide to lock this topic then.

@ snickz and other newbies, endeavor to read through and try to put into practice the knowledge and scan through the past battles on this section to learn more, then ask your questions here and tagging most ninjas to your questions for proper guide , so it benefits all .

1 Like

Re: //&********<<<the Nairaland Rapbattles Learning Thread>>>*******&// by Snickz(m): 11:16pm On Jun 26, 2015
Tenk u boss
Re: //&********<<<the Nairaland Rapbattles Learning Thread>>>*******&// by Pundad: 7:53pm On Jun 27, 2015
Tips on flow and crafting punches

CC kr0ne coogar darkrebel666 ELYMAXiimus
Re: //&********<<<the Nairaland Rapbattles Learning Thread>>>*******&// by Snickz(m): 7:45pm On Jun 28, 2015
plz hip hop heads begging tutorials
Re: //&********<<<the Nairaland Rapbattles Learning Thread>>>*******&// by mrbqng(m): 12:27am On Jul 01, 2015
This song is from fellow nairaland SLIMFEEZ as he refix VECTOR kingkong download and see how he murder vector handsdown with his sick flow and punchlines #vector tweet the guy to even commend him. https://my.notjustok.com/site/search/q/slimfeez

Re: //&********<<<the Nairaland Rapbattles Learning Thread>>>*******&// by Ignyte(m): 12:59pm On Aug 03, 2015
So... I started reading this thread a week ago and honestly... I'm one of those people who used to think rap was just rhyme, so in secondary school a long time back.. I was superman. When i finally understood rap i steped aside. Now, I just listen to lyricists and enjoy their stuff... Enough of the long talk.... after your lectures here is what i could immediately scribble down... abeg rate me.

"I'm on the rise like a rod
these lyrics might make a record,
My liver wore out so i went off
Now i'm back greased it, with some oil no cod
Learning from true hip hop generals, rap zods

Ain't a punchline Shifu
Yeah, buh words got punches dey could box you
put a tape on the box for delivery
and my swagg be a clean tin ask Bill or Hillary
Demma tell u i'm the generation auxiliary.

I aint good enought to be incredible
buh i'm good enough to be credible
If i that then a matter of time before i'm in the other
That's all i got for now, I'm out my dealer.

1 Like

Re: //&********<<<the Nairaland Rapbattles Learning Thread>>>*******&// by iceydeadly(m): 12:27am On Aug 10, 2015
Nice
Re: //&********<<<the Nairaland Rapbattles Learning Thread>>>*******&// by Paayne(m): 4:59pm On Jan 14, 2017
I've seen these words often, buh i still dunno wah they mean.

"generic lines/words".

- of course i know the meaning of generic, buh when it comes to rap terms, i'm a bit lost. so,

Cc : Mrkang , Jigsawkillah , Fluxmind , Zachhugo , Joewendell , nd others concerned... this is also part of re-animating the rap section.
help a brother out here.

1 Like

Re: //&********<<<the Nairaland Rapbattles Learning Thread>>>*******&// by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jan 14, 2017
Paayne:

"generic lines/words".

- of course i know the meaning of generic, buh when it comes to rap terms, i'm a bit lost. so,

Cc : Mrkang , Jigsawkillah , Fluxmind , Zachhugo , Joewendell , nd others concerned... this is also part of re-animating the rap section.
help a brother out here.

Wait you mean explanation of generic in a rap context?

1 Like

Re: //&********<<<the Nairaland Rapbattles Learning Thread>>>*******&// by JoeWendell: 8:13pm On Jan 14, 2017
Paayne:

"generic lines/words".

help a brother out here.

to my own understanding,
I think it means,
overused lines,
lines that has been reworded by various rappers,
this happens mostly with wordplays. grin

1 Like

Re: //&********<<<the Nairaland Rapbattles Learning Thread>>>*******&// by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jan 14, 2017
Yea what he said, generic is like something over done, over used, that has lost it's punch & taste or quality. It basically comes up flat.
Re: //&********<<<the Nairaland Rapbattles Learning Thread>>>*******&// by JoeWendell: 8:38pm On Jan 14, 2017
fluxmind:
Yea what he said, generic is like something over done, over used, that has lost it's punch & taste or quality. It basically comes up flat.

exactly.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

|««FATAL-CLASH-OF-THE-WARLOCKS|*KR0NE-vs-IAMAROMOLAERAN*»»| / So You Think Yo Can Rap? / Punch Linez Zone.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.