Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,047 members, 7,828,690 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:58 PM

//&********<<<the Nairaland Rapbattles Learning Thread>>>*******&// - Rap Battles (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Rap Battles / //&********<<<the Nairaland Rapbattles Learning Thread>>>*******&// (6739 Views)

●●●●why The Nairaland 2016 Cypher Is A Flop●●●● / The Nairaland Rap Battle Section Audio Cypher Planning Thread / Ofoka's Freestyle Country- The New School Legend Of The Nairaland Freestylers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: //&********<<<the Nairaland Rapbattles Learning Thread>>>*******&// by Ksslib(m): 6:06pm On Oct 18, 2014
Thanks krone.. Noted!
Re: //&********<<<the Nairaland Rapbattles Learning Thread>>>*******&// by Nobody: 10:44pm On Oct 18, 2014
pls whats should a Opener have and closers have..cause i can't really note the diff between 'em in bars i read...any explanation will help..
Re: //&********<<<the Nairaland Rapbattles Learning Thread>>>*******&// by Nobody: 11:17pm On Oct 18, 2014
is there any specific syllabic limit a line must contain??
Re: //&********<<<the Nairaland Rapbattles Learning Thread>>>*******&// by coogar: 11:28pm On Oct 18, 2014
SuperSauce:
is there any specific syllabic limit a line must contain??

the more syllables, the dopër your written would look. i dönt rate any written that is not more than 2 syllables....

Ksslib:
Thanks krone.. Noted!

the number of syllables that you are rhyming must allign & must be at least 2.

check this example....

•People reckon Coog is so ill/Since my venom shook the roaches/Your soul... i have paid for...Heaven took the proceeds/Persia's prince levitates with sorcery and NL stood to notice/My magical text would send Sid to Aro ....like he read the 7th book of Moses/

6-syllable rhyme scheme.

•venom shook the roaches
•heaven took the proceeds
•NL stood to notice
•7th book of moses.

•I brought 10 psycho-killers from Herzegovina/Your girl won't be spared... I'd let hollows in her.....while she's reading an encyclopaedia/then have the news wrapped around her head like Ken Saro Wiwa/

5-syllable rhyme scheme

•10 psycho-killers
•let hollows in her
•encyclopaedia
•ken saro wiwa

1 Like

Re: //&********<<<the Nairaland Rapbattles Learning Thread>>>*******&// by Nobody: 11:32pm On Oct 18, 2014
coogar:

the more syllables, the dopër your written would look. i dönt rate any written that is not more than 2 syllables....

check this example....

6-syllable rhyme scheme.

•venom shook the roaches
•NL stood to notice
•7th book of moses.

5-syllable rhyme scheme

•10 psycho-killers
•let hollows in her
•encyclopaedia
•ken saro wiwa
alright...thanks bro
Re: //&********<<<the Nairaland Rapbattles Learning Thread>>>*******&// by teddybiyasi(f): 10:04am On Oct 19, 2014
SuperSauce:
pls whats should a Opener have and closers have..cause i can't really note the diff between 'em in bars i read...any explanation will help..

it must contain crazy multies, bad flow, ffucking d0pe metaphor, wordplay & a breath taking personal punch
Re: //&********<<<the Nairaland Rapbattles Learning Thread>>>*******&// by Ksslib(m): 2:41pm On Oct 19, 2014
coogar:

check this example....

6-syllable rhyme scheme.

•venom shook the roaches
•NL stood to notice
•7th book of moses.

5-syllable rhyme scheme

•10 psycho-killers
•let hollows in her
•encyclopaedia
•ken saro wiwa
Noted! Thanks!
Re: //&********<<<the Nairaland Rapbattles Learning Thread>>>*******&// by Nobody: 2:50pm On Oct 19, 2014
teddybiyasi:

it must contain crazy multies, bad flow, ffucking d0pe metaphor, wordplay & a breath taking personal punch
okies..thanks tho
Re: //&********<<<the Nairaland Rapbattles Learning Thread>>>*******&// by ELYMAXiimus(m): 10:40pm On Oct 20, 2014
Nobody's got ideas to share?

Wordplay( how to use them to fit in both context)

Punchlines(how to come about them)?

Metaphors(how to create them)?

rhymes(perfect multisyllabic rhyming smiley)?
Re: //&********<<<the Nairaland Rapbattles Learning Thread>>>*******&// by Nobody: 3:32am On Oct 22, 2014
Any Tips About Writing Fillers?
Re: //&********<<<the Nairaland Rapbattles Learning Thread>>>*******&// by tysonnn(m): 5:33pm On Nov 12, 2014
ELYMAXiimus:
cool cool cool

i noticed that some of us don't even know the basics of rap as a whole.
And those of us who know one or two things, nd those who almost know it all, still need to learn more, cos NO ONE KNOWS IT ALL.
So here's the thing,
if you think you've got a knowledge of RAP which is LACKING here, nd you wish for us to know about it, feel free to lecture us cool.
As this will improve the standard of everything here. Sometimes i see some verdicts, nd i'm like ................... Is this dude for real?
Trust me, sometimes it's not d1ckriding. It's as a result of an insufficient knowledge of the crits...

It will also help the newbies coming in to adapt fast.....

So, wadelse?

Bring it on, folks cool cool cool

PLS, NO COMMENTS. cool

a comment about someone's lesson should be in the chatroom...

Tags:
ibime
coogar
U3
mikuz
emaprince
dj5naira
thunderstorm
joshuabase
glacierz
airmark
loonat11k
limerick
guykhena
kr0ne
paulthor
youndanaval
elvisonjack2
teddybiyasi
yeyenatu
iceskidd
giyazz
lagunna
geoxpress
heywizzy
tysonnn
warriblood
sossiqdude
fuckyouhard
iamaromolaeran
illness
captainflash
007bruce
ckushy
peterpacker
bonnyt
testerfuze
ochon
schonp

*****Maxiimus***
hmm nice..
Re: //&********<<<the Nairaland Rapbattles Learning Thread>>>*******&// by Nobody: 11:18am On Dec 10, 2014
"Being Dope" is not the ability to pen dope bars,its the ability to recognise the wack bars you think of and refrain from spitting it.

Hope this helps some newbees

1 Like

Re: //&********<<<the Nairaland Rapbattles Learning Thread>>>*******&// by kr0ne(m): 4:27pm On Dec 10, 2014
Joshuabase:
"Being Dope" is not the ability to pen dope bars,its the ability to recognise the wack bars you think of and refrain from spitting it.

When you have the ability to pen "dope" bars it already means you have the ability to refrain from using generic lines

1 Like

Re: //&********<<<the Nairaland Rapbattles Learning Thread>>>*******&// by Nobody: 5:56pm On Dec 10, 2014
kr0ne:

When you have the ability to pen "dope" bars it already means you have the ability to refrain from using generic lines

First off I don't recognise the Sob/
Secondly,hope the above wasn't a sub/
Re: //&********<<<the Nairaland Rapbattles Learning Thread>>>*******&// by Sammcarter(m): 5:32pm On Dec 11, 2014
Re: //&********<<<the Nairaland Rapbattles Learning Thread>>>*******&// by liricyst(m): 2:58am On Feb 10, 2015
Joshuabase:

so Joshuabase, you have seen my battles. ..what do I do wrongly?
Re: //&********<<<the Nairaland Rapbattles Learning Thread>>>*******&// by Bars(m): 11:15am On Feb 10, 2015
Lmaooooooooopooooooooooooooooooooooooo grin
Re: //&********<<<the Nairaland Rapbattles Learning Thread>>>*******&// by liricyst(m): 2:14pm On Feb 10, 2015
bars, kini?
Re: //&********<<<the Nairaland Rapbattles Learning Thread>>>*******&// by liricyst(m): 8:48pm On Jun 10, 2015
sinizia:

Alright. So basically a multi-syllabic rhymming involves rhymming for long, say have like 4 rhymes before ending with a punchline?

Also, can you point out with an example what is methaphor/similies? I know the rest, and i can drop multi-syllabic rhymming, i just felt like i might need those bars for the tournament proper. But i'll try to drop something tight, and see how I'm rated.

I don't want to derail flow for rank so i am redirecting you here
This was created for learning purposes, we should bring it back to life.
Read up on what has already been discussed...and if you have questions on what you have read or questions that haven't been touched yet, feel free to ask. Tag names when you do

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

So You Think Yo Can Rap? / Punch Linez Zone. / Blood In The Arena Championship B.i.t.a.c Part One... Sign Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.