Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,455 members, 7,816,050 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:11 AM

My Experience Of The Two Orjis – Nwakanma, Former Deputy Governor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Experience Of The Two Orjis – Nwakanma, Former Deputy Governor (1074 Views)

Why Jonathan Lost Presidential Election – Former Deputy Senate President, Mantu / Court Stops Adamawa Bye Election And Orders Swearing In Of Former Deputy Governo / Former Deputy-Governor Of Anambra Kidnapped And Killed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience Of The Two Orjis – Nwakanma, Former Deputy Governor by patrikobi: 11:15am On Oct 07, 2014
My experience of the two Orjis – Nwakanma, former deputy governor

Few are in a better position to compare Governor Theodore Orji and his immediate predecessor, Chief Orji Uzor Kalu than Chief Eric Nwkamnma who served both men as deputy governor.

Nwakanma who is now an aspirant for the gubernatorial ticket of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP in this interview speaks of his experience with the two men.

WHAT’s your take on Orji Uzor Kalu’s endorsement of the PDP Reconciliation Committee visiting Abia from far away China?
Kalu’s absence during the visit of a high-powered committee of the PDP puts to question his claims that he is back to the PDP. He is not back to the PDP.

But let me state once again in very bold terms that there is no opposition in Abia State, and the PDP remains one happy family which was completely reconciled in 2011 under the leadership of Governor Theodore Ahamefule Orji.

Therefore, the visit of the Reconciliation Committee to Abia is more like holidaymaking since there is no aggrieved person to reconcile in Abia. Kalu left the PDP long ago and founded the PPA. He should work towards the progress of a party that has collapsed because for him it will always be a family business.

Do you agree with Kalu that Governor Theodore Orji is blocking his chances of returning to the PDP?

Long before Chief T.A. Orji became Governor and finally returned to the PDP where we all belonged in the first instance, the PDP caucus in Abia and patriotic elder statesmen of the state who were even non-partisan had previously met several times and resolved Orji Uzor Kalu must not be allowed to play any significant role affecting the destiny of Abia.

In a similar manner, stakeholders of Abia PDP met many times to seal loopholes to make the return of Orji Uzor Kalu to the Abia PDP impossible. This was even during the time when his PPA was functioning.

Earlier decisions Governor Theodore Ahamefule Orji was not party to all of these earlier decisions and cannot be held responsible for Kalu’s exclusion from the PDP.

Do you agree with former Governor Kalu, that this reconciliation will boost President Jonathan’s re-election chances in the country and Abia in particular?

Do we have a problem in Abia PDP? I know we do not. How can you reconcile someone who isn’t in the party in the first place?

How do you reconcile a couple who were never married? Which grounds or what platform will you use? That is by the way. President Jonathan is not lacking support in Abia and will find Abia the easiest state to win in 2015.

President Goodluck Jonathan polled over 95 percent of votes in Abia State in 2011, which was probably the highest or among the top three.

At that time Orji Uzor Kalu had left the PDP and did not campaign for Mr. President. Jonathan’s goodwill is still intact and does not need the self-acclaimed and empty strategist to garner any vote.

What are the chances of the former governor Uzor Kalu running for a senatorial seat under the PDP?

This is a fictional proposition. It is laughable. How does a man who does not belong to a political party use the same platform to run for a senatorial seat which he tried earlier under his defunct PPA but was rejected woefully even by his Igbere kinsmen? That question was aptly presented to him in his last desperate interview with Channels Television.

The interviewer had positioned an earlier interview with the Abia PDP chairman Senator Emma Nwaka who stated it was comical for anyone to hold on to the tag of a PDP member when the same person is not even a ward member of the party, which is true of Orji Uzor Kalu.

Both the PDP chairman South East, Col Austin Akobundu and Senator Nwaka have publicly put paid to the lie being bandied by Orji Uzor Kalu that he is a member PDP.

The former governor refers to a roadmap which you once stated did not exist. What is the truth?

The culture of a roadmap was non-existent under Orji Uzor Kalu. It is absurd for a man who ran the government as an extension of his group of companies to lay claim to a tradition that was ignored even by previous governors and military administrators that ran the state.

As Governor T. A. Orji’s former deputy, can you lead us into knowing more about the administration’s legacy projects?

As is the case with all legacies, there is a driving ideology behind the legacy projects of the Governor T. A. Orji administration. First, he has used these legacies to set an agenda for in-coming administrations, something that was lacking under the Orji Uzor Kalu administration.

We need to make constant reference to Ochendo’s provision of critical infrastructure, provision of security that was not there when Kalu was governor, good governance and sustenance of the physical environment. If you look at the provision made to revamp the health sector, you cannot but applaud the governor. T.A. Orji is governing Abia State very well and is leaving a huge footprint.

You happen to be talking a lot from your experience about what an Abia governor in 2015 should do. Could you give us a peep into your programme for the state if you emerge?

I have documented a set of programmes which I have titled “My Pact with Abians”. It is copious, but an abridged or summarised version is in print and being circulated. You can also get copies on internet at my website www.achonwakanma2015.com.

You see, I see governance as very serious business and I am focused and very organised. In preparations to serve Abians, I have opened up channels to communicate and get feedback from the people. I have a saying “Communication is the water that makes life flow”. Apart from my website, I am also on a couple of internet forums like Twitter and Facebook.

I have offices in Umuahia and Aba where I am accessible and I do my best to give everyone attention. Having said that, I want to place it on record that a large chunk of what we have in my manifesto, “My Pact with Abians”, was developed by studying positively the T. A. Orji administration. We are using his achievements as building blocks.

Re: My Experience Of The Two Orjis – Nwakanma, Former Deputy Governor by Ngwakwe: 11:30am On Oct 07, 2014
All these T. A. Orji's image "launderettes" lack creativity and conviction hence all their efforts are always dead on arrival.

There are more capable hands to try out something notwithstanding the seemingly impossible task without development and transformation on the ground

They don't even know how to use camera and graphics programs

1 Like

Re: My Experience Of The Two Orjis – Nwakanma, Former Deputy Governor by Emmachina24: 12:10pm On Oct 07, 2014
The present administration in Abia has done much better to better the lots of the state in terms of development unlike the previous administration which had absolute nothing on ground for good eight years
Re: My Experience Of The Two Orjis – Nwakanma, Former Deputy Governor by levitoge(m): 12:47pm On Oct 07, 2014
I don't no what some people takes as leadership, T A has done much better any governor that has come from abia, T A has develop in all sector and that is y he is the best governor
Re: My Experience Of The Two Orjis – Nwakanma, Former Deputy Governor by Nobody: 1:16pm On Oct 07, 2014
As is the case with all legacies, there is a driving ideology behind the legacy projects of the Governor T. A. Orji administration. First, he has used these legacies to set an agenda for in-coming administrations, something that was lacking under the Orji Uzor Kalu administration.

We need to make constant reference to Ochendo’s provision of critical infrastructure, provision of security that was not there when Kalu was governor, good governance and sustenance of the physical environment. If you look at the provision made to revamp the health sector, you cannot but applaud the governor. T.A. Orji is governing Abia State very well and is leaving a huge footprint.
Lol he couldn't even mention ONE project of T. A Orji.
Re: My Experience Of The Two Orjis – Nwakanma, Former Deputy Governor by nigerianvenom(m): 2:14pm On Oct 07, 2014
Emmachina24:
The present administration in Abia has done much better to better the lots of the state in terms of development unlike the previous administration which had absolute nothing on ground for good eight years

will u shut up?
is aba not part of abia?why are u guys so myopic because of 50kobo u all recieve from TA ORJI?
Re: My Experience Of The Two Orjis – Nwakanma, Former Deputy Governor by okwumvicgmail: 2:22pm On Oct 07, 2014
The difference is clear,Ochendo has liberated Abia
Re: My Experience Of The Two Orjis – Nwakanma, Former Deputy Governor by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 4:10pm On Oct 07, 2014
Acho u have already failed,if u win the PDP ticket we the masses will look for another party like Apga,labour that will liberate Abia,ANY OTHER PARTY WILL DO EXCEPT APC
Re: My Experience Of The Two Orjis – Nwakanma, Former Deputy Governor by Godstime1: 6:41pm On Oct 07, 2014
It is obvious that their can't be any similarity to the two because the incumbent has a human face and has the mandate of the people at heart. I am always angry with people who leave what they are suppose to be doing and go ahead to support of appreciate a man who his wife who was suppose to be our First Lady went MAD till date and there was no statement made sofar regards to that and the mother who is an oracle of her own go ahead to hold the post of the First Lady for whooping 8 years and nobody said anything,people can stood so low in terms of fairness, justice and equity.

If we should remember that the so called master strategist in his life history visited the Northern part of the country where he donated a carton of money which was later confirmed to be 90% ordinary paper in an important fund raising occasion and such person can come out today without shame to say that he is God sent to Abia,am REALY sorry for our people.
May God judge IRJI UZOR KALU for all his atrocities and ABIANS will never give him any space for his Evil works.
Re: My Experience Of The Two Orjis – Nwakanma, Former Deputy Governor by Godstime1: 6:43pm On Oct 07, 2014
It is obvious that their can't be any similarity to the two because the incumbent has a human face and has the mandate of the people at heart. I am always angry with people who leave what they are suppose to be doing and go ahead to support of appreciate a man who his wife who was suppose to be our First Lady went MAD till date and there was no statement made sofar regards to that and the mother who is an oracle of her own go ahead to hold the post of the First Lady for whooping 8 years and nobody said anything,people can stood so low in terms of fairness, justice and equity.

If we should remember that the so called master strategist in his life history visited the Northern part of the country where he donated a carton of money which was later confirmed to be 90% ordinary paper in an important fund raising occasion and such person can come out today without shame to say that he is God sent to Abia,am REALY sorry for our people.
May God judge IRJI UZOR KALU for all his atrocities and ABIANS will never give him any space for his Evil works......
Re: My Experience Of The Two Orjis – Nwakanma, Former Deputy Governor by Godstime1: 9:35pm On Oct 07, 2014

May God judge IRJI UZOR KALU for all his atrocities and ABIANS will never give him any space for his Evil works.

(1) (Reply)

Tinubu Exposed,a Drug Baron / Reason Why Buhari Will Win 2015 Presidential Election / Ten Longest Serving Presidents In Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.