Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,287 members, 7,811,862 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:37 PM

Former Anambra State Gov- Peter Obi Defects From APGA To PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Former Anambra State Gov- Peter Obi Defects From APGA To PDP (585 Views)

Stop Fighting Obiano, Monarch Tells Ex-gov Peter Obi / Lagos APGA To Adopt Ambode As Governorship Candidate / Breaking News: TAMBUWAL Defects From PDP To APC..officially (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Former Anambra State Gov- Peter Obi Defects From APGA To PDP by Stellaodoni1(f): 5:57am On Oct 08, 2014
former Anambra State Governor, Mr. Peter Obi, on Tuesday defected from the All Progressives Grand Alliance to the Peoples Democratic Party.

The defection was declared by Obi himself at a well celebrated ceremony at his Onitsha residence, where PDP Memvers from the South-East and the entire country turned the place into a carnival, which was attended by a large number of people the commercial city for many hours.

Mr Peter Obi Explained that he defected to PDP from the regionally-based APGA because he found the PDP to be a better platform to work for national development. He also said his new party would afford him a better opportunity to work with President Goodluck Jonathan, with whom he had aligned in his days as an APGA governor.

In his words -“Nobody is more committed to President Goodluck Jonathan than me. So, I will work with him. I am going to work with the President. It is a question of working with the President wholeheartedly and not one leg in APGA and the other leg in PDP. There is the need for us to work together"

Source: http://www.stellagossip.com/2014/10/former-anambra-state-gov-peter-obi.html

Re: Former Anambra State Gov- Peter Obi Defects From APGA To PDP by Ubomeze: 6:54am On Oct 08, 2014
He has not defected and he did not make the statement you mentioned. Read what his reply was to those PDP members who came to 'beg' him to join their party.
Stellaodoni1:
former Anambra State Governor, Mr. Peter Obi, on Tuesday defected from the All Progressives Grand Alliance to the Peoples Democratic Party.

The defection was declared by Obi himself at a well celebrated ceremony at his Onitsha residence, where PDP Memvers from the South-East and the entire country turned the place into a carnival, which was attended by a large number of people the commercial city for many hours.

Mr Peter Obi Explained that he defected to PDP from the regionally-based APGA because he found the PDP to be a better platform to work for national development. He also said his new party would afford him a better opportunity to work with President Goodluck Jonathan, with whom he had aligned in his days as an APGA governor.

In his words -“Nobody is more committed to President Goodluck Jonathan than me. So, I will work with him. I am going to work with the President. It is a question of working with the President wholeheartedly and not one leg in APGA and the other leg in PDP. There is the need for us to work together"

Source: http://www.stellagossip.com/2014/10/former-anambra-state-gov-peter-obi.html

(1) (Reply)

Nyesome Wike's Supporters Blocked The Road While Waiting For His Arrival To Phc / Atiku Explains Why He Didn’t Attend APC Special Convention / Synagogue Building Has No Approval, Says Commissioner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.