Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,215 members, 7,818,729 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:10 PM

David Oyedepo & Oyakhilome Are The Richest Pastors In The World (Top 10) - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / David Oyedepo & Oyakhilome Are The Richest Pastors In The World (Top 10) (89501 Views)

Bishop David Oyedepo Barred From Entering The UK / Top 10 Richest Pastors In The World / Nigeria’s Five Richest Pastors And How They Made Their Wealth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: David Oyedepo & Oyakhilome Are The Richest Pastors In The World (Top 10) by Ogateacher: 5:25pm On Oct 08, 2014
ammyluv2002:
Pa Oyedopo will always come first!
FOR HE SHALL BE THE HEAD AND NOT THE TAIL

1 Like

Re: David Oyedepo & Oyakhilome Are The Richest Pastors In The World (Top 10) by Nobody: 5:26pm On Oct 08, 2014
Amya:

Do you know one of the reasons the bible is referred to as a double edged sword? It's simply because it can be interpreted to lot's and lots of understanding.

Yeah I'm a Christian but I'm not overtly devoted to it. I'm a freethinker but I believe in Christianity. But one thing I never am is a hypocrite.

I know the truth. And I'll say it as much as I can.
thats why one should see beyond wealth as being a challenge into his kingdom... if you look at some wealthy men in the bible , at sometime they backslided .... david , solomon , nebuchadnezer and so many of them ... albeit , some still were successful and remained holy .. abraham, joseph and lots ... am sure why that part of rich man and his kingdom was because of the love God had for the rich that backslided . God cannot love you and you wont be successful.

1 Like

Re: David Oyedepo & Oyakhilome Are The Richest Pastors In The World (Top 10) by F117A: 5:31pm On Oct 08, 2014
majekdom2:
why is the CEO of first bank not richer than dangote ... oga stop sleeping . CEO is an employee in most cases not the business owners ... you get it now . yea , jesus called ministy business ... it may not mean money business .. but whatever gain you see from it requires hardwork as long as it is business.
You are an airhead.
Dangote runs a legitimate profit seeking business just like the bank CEO, while oyedepo runs a charity.
People like you ironically, are very vocal against govt corruption.
Sorry,you have no moral right.

1 Like

Re: David Oyedepo & Oyakhilome Are The Richest Pastors In The World (Top 10) by JaaizTech: 5:36pm On Oct 08, 2014
bankylan:
When you read comments by Nigerian youths, one will not be surprised at the level of mental deficiency in the country. It does not take any intelligence or creativity to criticize!

Most Nigerians are mentally lazy and believe that if you are rich, then you must be dubious. I know of Bishop Oyedepo and Pastor Matthew very well, and I must say that despite my education and years of work, I don't know one tenth of what these men know, and I aspire to read at least a tenth of how wide they read.

There are thousands of Nigerian Pastor, and only about 10 are rich...It is then very unintelligent for anyone to say that Nigerian Pastors are rich. Show me one rich pastor in Nigeria, I will show you 200 that can not send their children to good schools. The two Pastors I mentioned are men of God who at the same time have their businesses. I know Winners and KICC, and the folks there are not poor. There are captains of industries in these churches. Go to KICC , and see men and women who are doing well and still serving God. If these people who are more educated, intelligent and doing well in life more than many jobless Nairalanders are going to church and pay their tithes, is it not stupid for any jobless man to say the folks in Church are poor. What does a poor have to give in the first place.

It is intelligent to know how much churches make and how much they spend in a month, then you will know the truth. Winners Chapel owns Covenant University, KICC owns Kings University....and Covenant University charges lesser than St Gregory Obalende- a Catholic secondary school charges per term.

Does anyone know that Pastor Matthew own a rice farm here in Nigeria that is about 20 times bigger than the one owned by a state in which his farm is situated? Does anyone know that this man stands to Preach 3 hours at his age, yet many young men in their thirties can not stand for 30 minutes......Now a know, it does not take intelligence to criticize.

In fact some of your statements are shocking. You seem to be saying the Pastor is entitled to be living on the tithes, to be spending it for his personal luxury. The point is the Pastor is living on the gullibility of his followers; there is no doubt that the Pastors are clever, they have got to be clever to have that much money, but they are also defrauding their members in the name of God.

I can never accept that it is right or holy; for Pastors to cajole, motivate, stimulate their members to drop not only 10% of their earnings but also several offerings; only for the pastor to be using all that wealth for personal luxury. Churches are springing up like " Pure Water Factories "; some people are closing their shops and turning them to churches. WHY Of course they will tell you that "GOD CALLED THEM", but you and I know they are changing their business because they think they would make more money.

4 Likes

Re: David Oyedepo & Oyakhilome Are The Richest Pastors In The World (Top 10) by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 5:41pm On Oct 08, 2014
this is how they get you to join their church before fleecing you dry in the name of praying for u for miracles

1 Like

Re: David Oyedepo & Oyakhilome Are The Richest Pastors In The World (Top 10) by Nobody: 5:44pm On Oct 08, 2014
JaaizTech:

In fact some of your statements are shocking. You seem to be saying the Pastor is entitled to be living on the tithes, to be spending it for his personal luxury. The point is the Pastor is living on the gullibility of his followers; there is no doubt that the Pastors are clever, they have got to be clever to have that much money, but they are also defrauding their members in the name of God.

I can never accept that it is right or holy; for Pastors to cajole, motivate, stimulate their members to drop not only 10% of their earnings but also several offerings; only for the pastor to be using all that wealth for personal luxury. Churches are springing up like " Pure Water Factories "; some people are closing their shops and turning them to churches. WHY Of course they will tell you that "GOD CALLED THEM", but you and I know they are changing their business because they think they would make more money.
how many shop closers turned pastors have you seen on this list ... bro , the fact that donations are made in churches doesnt mean these pastors live solely of them . some hve got other businesses.... like I said , there are people giving to imams and ifa priest and people dont judge these guys ... all its just an avenue to frustrate the gospel . if you believe giving tithes makes you prosperous just as your prophet told you .... then there is nothing wrong . its your belief . its in the bible ... believe in your prophet and you shall be established. its as simple as that..... they dont force anyone to do it.
Re: David Oyedepo & Oyakhilome Are The Richest Pastors In The World (Top 10) by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 5:44pm On Oct 08, 2014
with all these churches counting millions of dollars, our people are still living in abject poverty and corruption is the order of the day. its a pity.
this is how they get you to join their churches before fleecing you dry in the name of miracles.

Re: David Oyedepo & Oyakhilome Are The Richest Pastors In The World (Top 10) by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 5:46pm On Oct 08, 2014
[color=#000099][/color]
with all these churches counting millions of dollars, our people are still living in abject poverty and corruption is the order of the day. its a pity.
this is how they get you to join their churches before fleecing you dry in the name of miracles.
Re: David Oyedepo & Oyakhilome Are The Richest Pastors In The World (Top 10) by xtervaganza(m): 5:47pm On Oct 08, 2014
We have 5 in the top 10 and people still don't see this as fraud?

JESUS' good intention has been turned into a tool for self riches

I'm my own pastor now, and my house Is my church

2 Likes

Re: David Oyedepo & Oyakhilome Are The Richest Pastors In The World (Top 10) by skyfall: 5:49pm On Oct 08, 2014
This is the money of Nigeria's mugus.
Re: David Oyedepo & Oyakhilome Are The Richest Pastors In The World (Top 10) by ogbuifeanyi(m): 5:49pm On Oct 08, 2014
An international firm,consequent upon our
expansion, require for immediate employment, suitable and
qualified personnel to fill the following vacant position. BRAHCH
MANAGER, MICROBIOLOGIST, BIOCHEMIST,CUSTOMER SERVICE PERSONNEL, ACCOUNT
OFFICER Min. Qualification: HND/Bsc. 2-3 yrs work experience,
knowlwdge of MS, Window 7. TO APPLY: Send your. Name, phone
number, location, qualification to(08116355585) Applicant
resident must be within OGUN.OR send your cv to
alohristrust.md@gmail.com
Re: David Oyedepo & Oyakhilome Are The Richest Pastors In The World (Top 10) by JUBILEE2000: 5:52pm On Oct 08, 2014
iceberylin:
ÁŃĎ
ĴĔŚÚŚ ŃĔVĔŔ ĤÁĎ Á ĤŐŔŚĔ undecided
But Jesus became poor so you and i might be rich
Re: David Oyedepo & Oyakhilome Are The Richest Pastors In The World (Top 10) by Olaooni88(f): 5:54pm On Oct 08, 2014
3coins:
downgraded figures. . . So Pastor Adeboye does not have up to 5million $?
I wonder ooh! #Bunch of fools
Re: David Oyedepo & Oyakhilome Are The Richest Pastors In The World (Top 10) by kizzle4eva(m): 5:56pm On Oct 08, 2014
bankylan:
When you read comments by Nigerian youths, one will not be surprised at the level of mental deficiency in the country. It does not take any intelligence or creativity to criticize!

Most Nigerians are mentally lazy and believe that if you are rich, then you must be dubious. I know of Bishop Oyedepo and Pastor Matthew very well, and I must say that despite my education and years of work, I don't know one tenth of what these men know, and I aspire to read at least a tenth of how wide they read.

There are thousands of Nigerian Pastor, and only about 10 are rich...It is then very unintelligent for anyone to say that Nigerian Pastors are rich. Show me one rich pastor in Nigeria, I will show you 200 that can not send their children to good schools. The two Pastors I mentioned are men of God who at the same time have their businesses. I know Winners and KICC, and the folks there are not poor. There are captains of industries in these churches. Go to KICC , and see men and women who are doing well and still serving God. If these people who are more educated, intelligent and doing well in life more than many jobless Nairalanders are going to church and pay their tithes, is it not stupid for any jobless man to say the folks in Church are poor. What does a poor have to give in the first place.

It is intelligent to know how much churches make and how much they spend in a month, then you will know the truth. Winners Chapel owns Covenant University, KICC owns Kings University....and Covenant University charges lesser than St Gregory Obalende- a Catholic secondary school charges per term.

Does anyone know that Pastor Matthew own a rice farm here in Nigeria that is about 20 times bigger than the one owned by a state in which his farm is situated? Does anyone know that this man stands to Preach 3 hours at his age, yet many young men in their thirties can not stand for 30 minutes......Now a know, it does not take intelligence to criticize.

So so so well said...these men have read the bible so much that they correct the teleprompter atimes. They read wide, write and still have time for their businesses.
Last year Oyedepo was in Uyo till 3am and yet he was preaching in church by 6am and didn't stop till the last service by 12.30.
I salute his grace amn.

1 Like

Re: David Oyedepo & Oyakhilome Are The Richest Pastors In The World (Top 10) by talkintruth: 5:56pm On Oct 08, 2014
All of you talking down these men of God are bunch of hypocrites. Take Chris Oyakhilome for example, his total networth is estimated at $50m. that is the cost of Tinubu's latest private jet. Theophilus Danjuma gave his wife Daisy a private jet as a gift. U e-diots praise and defend them. now pastors everyone of you had something to say. As far as i am concerned, they shld have more. HATERS GO START CHURCH OR JOIN BOKO HARAM

1 Like

Re: David Oyedepo & Oyakhilome Are The Richest Pastors In The World (Top 10) by chibyke959: 6:06pm On Oct 08, 2014
TunjiMsp:
Nigerians will always come first, since paying tithe here is a way Of purifying their stolen money grin
Your mind & spirit are damaged.. I pray you're restored IJN
Re: David Oyedepo & Oyakhilome Are The Richest Pastors In The World (Top 10) by Nobody: 6:06pm On Oct 08, 2014
Olaooni88:
I wonder ooh! #Bunch of fools
are you a xtain ? Or a church goer?
Re: David Oyedepo & Oyakhilome Are The Richest Pastors In The World (Top 10) by phransix147(m): 6:07pm On Oct 08, 2014
So they want to tell me TB Joshua is richer than Pa Adeboye who didn't even make the list? That's a lie!
Re: David Oyedepo & Oyakhilome Are The Richest Pastors In The World (Top 10) by Neldrizzy(m): 6:09pm On Oct 08, 2014
chibwike:
Lol...am humbled...no worry na FP we go dey make from now on...hw u dey na
bro i de oo... Yu scarce oo
Re: David Oyedepo & Oyakhilome Are The Richest Pastors In The World (Top 10) by chibwike(m): 6:13pm On Oct 08, 2014
Neldrizzy:
bro i de oo... Yu scarce oo
mehn u no go believe how i take waka today...from oshodi to mushin, from mushin to ojuelegba, from ojuelegba to surulere...now am on my way home....i see ur mention in d afternoon buh i no fit reply am..i dae hooked-up...congrats once again bro
Re: David Oyedepo & Oyakhilome Are The Richest Pastors In The World (Top 10) by Larow(m): 6:16pm On Oct 08, 2014
For those asking about pastor Adeboye! He can't be rated like others simply because he isn't a church founder like others. Papa Akindayomi founded RCCG not Pastor Adeboye.

1 Like

Re: David Oyedepo & Oyakhilome Are The Richest Pastors In The World (Top 10) by femsmith(m): 6:17pm On Oct 08, 2014
y ra dey after prosperity nt souls dey win 2 heaven.? wud u tel me all deir memberz ra above poverty level...
Re: David Oyedepo & Oyakhilome Are The Richest Pastors In The World (Top 10) by Nobody: 6:19pm On Oct 08, 2014
femsmith:
y ra dey after prosperity nt souls dey win 2 heaven.? wud u tel me all deir memberz ra above poverty level...
if they are not winning souls , the churches won't be growing.
Re: David Oyedepo & Oyakhilome Are The Richest Pastors In The World (Top 10) by nora544: 6:25pm On Oct 08, 2014
Prosperity Preacher Benny Hinn Begs Followers for $2.5M

Prosperity Gospel, Word of Faith heretic Benny Hinn of the Trinity Broadcast Network, who has made hundreds of millions of dollars over the years spreading his false gospel, is now pleading with his followers to send him $2.5M over a 90-day period in order to rescue his ministry from debt. In return for giving him money, Hinn promises his followers a “double return on investment” for every dollar they spend. This is yet another example of the shameless scams and manipulation by false teachers in the Christian church who use the love of money to lure unwitting believers into trying to use money to “buy favor and blessings” from God. Not only is this teaching not in the Bible, it goes against the true Gospel and is in fact a part of the apostasy – the end times falling away of much of the Christian church away from biblical Christianity and into false doctrine and satanic worship.

Hinn’s Plea
Here is an excerpt from Hinn’s request, which was emailed to his millions of followers worldwide, as stated on his ministry website:

“Let me quickly explain about this historic miracle: A long-time and beloved friend of mine and of this ministry shared something with me this week that literally touched me to the core!
“Benny,” he said, “God wants your ministry to be completely out of debt, and I want to plant an anointed seed that will help you take a giant step toward becoming totally debt-free!”
Now this is a very precious man of God whom I have known and loved more than three decades. He has been such a blessing to the cause of Christ. So when he said this, needless to say, I was thrilled beyond words at his unbelievable generosity and the remarkable timeliness of his offer.
You see, even as God has given us a new beginning, we have faced incredible challenges as a ministry as a result of things that happened in the past few years. At the same time our broken home was attracting attention from worldwide news services, the economies of so many of the countries where our partners live have been hit mercilessly. As a result, some of our partners decided to suspend giving or to simply walk away.
And while we have seen God beginning to restore so much, one of the last pieces of the puzzle has been our finances. So you can only imagine how it nearly took my breath away when he told me how much…
But then there was something more this man of God added:
Benny, God has laid it on my heart to plant a seed of $2.5 million into your ministry, but God only wants me to make this gift if the ministry partners match the amount within 90 days! I feel so strongly that He wants them to be part of the supernatural wealth transfer that is coming to every believer who will obey God’s Word.
What could I say? Immediately I saw the hand of God in this. Our Lord could have simply used our friend to plant the seed and be blessed immeasurably by it. But it was so evident that God wants to provide an even greater miracle than the $2.5 million. He desires for our partners and ministry friends to be blessed as they join together with this precious man of God by planting a much larger seed into the work of the Lord, and, in so doing, doubling the blessings.
I quickly told him, “I cannot say no. When I share with my partners what God is doing, they will jump at the chance to be part of this amazing opportunity. I just know it!”

1 Like 1 Share

Re: David Oyedepo & Oyakhilome Are The Richest Pastors In The World (Top 10) by tochimajesty: 6:28pm On Oct 08, 2014
gidjah:
HAS ANY MAN OF GOD EVER asked u or your family for money in any form?pls do not come here and share your hate .you also have a way of puttin money together in your religion,no one forces another into paying thite or any other money in d church pls.it is an injuction to practice and benefit from.pls stay away from what you do not know bitter islamic man.
U keep saying no body force u to pay.
have u imagine how yahooboys make their victims pay? It is called brainwashing, psychological manipulation, a promise of blessing. If u don't pay u won't get any blessing.
Only yahooboys and pastors understand this logic

1 Like

Re: David Oyedepo & Oyakhilome Are The Richest Pastors In The World (Top 10) by femsmith(m): 6:29pm On Oct 08, 2014
JUBILEE2000:

But Jesus became poor so you and i might be rich
so he died so dat u might b rich also rit
Re: David Oyedepo & Oyakhilome Are The Richest Pastors In The World (Top 10) by Vikky014(f): 6:30pm On Oct 08, 2014
iceberylin:
ÁŃĎ ĴĔŚÚŚ ŃĔVĔŔ ĤÁĎ Á ĤŐŔŚĔ undecided
pls JESUS HAD EVRYTHING!.
Re: David Oyedepo & Oyakhilome Are The Richest Pastors In The World (Top 10) by Neldrizzy(m): 6:34pm On Oct 08, 2014
chibwike:
mehn u no go believe how i take waka today...from oshodi to mushin, from mushin to ojuelegba, from ojuelegba to surulere...now am on my way home....i see ur mention in d afternoon buh i no fit reply am..i dae hooked-up...congrats once again bro
Loll.. You de follow motor sell sim card wey you de waka like that? grin
Re: David Oyedepo & Oyakhilome Are The Richest Pastors In The World (Top 10) by Nobody: 6:34pm On Oct 08, 2014
femsmith:

so he died so dat u might b rich also rit
so you might be saved.
Re: David Oyedepo & Oyakhilome Are The Richest Pastors In The World (Top 10) by iceberylin(m): 6:35pm On Oct 08, 2014
Vikky014:
pls JESUS HAD EVRYTHING!.
ĹĨŤĔŔÁĹĹŶ ĤĔ ĎĨĎŃŤ

1 Like

Re: David Oyedepo & Oyakhilome Are The Richest Pastors In The World (Top 10) by Vikky014(f): 6:37pm On Oct 08, 2014
talkintruth:
All of you talking down these men of God are bunch of hypocrites. Take Chris Oyakhilome for example, his total networth is estimated at $50m. that is the cost of Tinubu's latest private jet. Theophilus Danjuma gave his wife Daisy a private jet as a gift. U e-diots praise and defend them. now pastors everyone of you had something to say. As far as i am concerned, they shld have more. HATERS GO START CHURCH OR JOIN BOKO HARAM
Re: David Oyedepo & Oyakhilome Are The Richest Pastors In The World (Top 10) by chibwike(m): 6:37pm On Oct 08, 2014
Neldrizzy:
Loll.. You de follow motor sell sim card wey you de waka like that? grin
Lol, i even think say u go ask if i dey do conductor....na message i go oh..my boss send me message...trying to achieve the msg..na em dey carry me up and down

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (19) (Reply)

Pastor Oyedepo Opens His Mega Real Estate Housing Project (Photos) / False Prophet: Uebert Angel / Apostle Johnson Suleman's 2018 Prophecies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.