Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,959 members, 7,821,377 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:10 PM

Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria - Jobs/Vacancies (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria (610868 Views)

Top 13 Highest Paying Companies In Nigeria 2016 / Entry Level Inventory Analyst In An Oil And Gas Firm / Salaries Of Lecturer I And Lecturer Ii (conuass 03 And 04) In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by Emasel(m): 5:45pm On Jan 26, 2015
btasha:

well i live in London, but ill really like to relocate to Nigeria but i don't know how to go about it in terms of getting a good job what to expect, how long it takes to get a job, can i get a job from UK before coming.? Do i have to do nysc?

To get a decent job in Nigeria,you'll need NYSC Certificate,unless you are above 30,then you could get exemption.Getting a good job in Nigeria depends on so many factors,

First, are you a fresh graduate or you already have some working experience?

If you belong to the latter,it will be relatively easier for you,landing a good job as most employers here would love to hire someone with foreign qualifications and experience.

But if you belong to the former,you'll have to go through the rigours of tests and interviews that other graduates go through for entry level positions.

Cheers.
Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by btasha: 5:56pm On Jan 26, 2015
Emasel:

To get a decent job in Nigeria,you'll need NYSC Certificate,unless you are above 30,then you could get exemption.Getting a good job in Nigeria depends on so many factors,

First, are you a fresh graduate or you already have some working experience?

If you belong to the latter,it will be relatively easier for you,landing a good job as most employers here would love to hire someone with foreign qualifications and experience.

But if you belong to the former,you'll have to go through the rigours of tests and interviews that other graduates go through for entry level positions.

Cheers.
well i have been here for the past 15-16 years, i do not have any experience. I graduated with a first class in accounting and Finance degree. Okay i don't mind doing NYSC. which my degree i can literally work for any industry, but i don't know which industry is best in Nigeria in terms of career progression, salary and solid experience and how to get into the industry.

Also if i do my master will that help?
Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by poundsmaker(m): 5:58pm On Jan 26, 2015
btasha:

well i live in London, but ill really like to relocate to Nigeria but i don't know how to go about it in terms of getting a good job what to expect, how long it takes to get a job, can i get a job from UK before coming.? Do i have to do nysc?
You've just been answered but in addition, keep applying for nigeria jobs from uk, I've seen some people that tried such and it worked out perfectly for them but before then, just try and get a job relating to your profession in uk (no matter how small the pay is) in other to enhance your resume and increase your tendency of getting a well paid job in Nigeria.
Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by Emasel(m): 6:15pm On Jan 26, 2015
btasha:

well i have been here for the past 15-16 years, i do not have any experience. I graduated with a first class in accounting and Finance degree. Okay i don't mind doing NYSC. which my degree i can literally work for any industry, but i don't know which industry is best in Nigeria in terms of career progression, salary and solid experience and how to get into the industry.

Also if i do my master will that help?

You've got a very good result! A First is a big plus especially in entry level jobs.

Like you said,you can fit-in and work in any industry as an Accountant.

Hmmmmm........ I can't really advise on which industry is best as regards career progression and salary,but for an accountant like you,for a start,I'll recommend the Big Four consulting firms(PwC,KPMG,Ernst and Young and Delloite),starting your career in any of these firms will help you a lot. You can also keep your options open by applying for other jobs.
Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by btasha: 6:20pm On Jan 26, 2015
Emasel:

You've got a very good result! A First is a big plus especially in entry level jobs.

Like you said,you can fit-in and work in any industry as an Accountant.

Hmmmmm........ I can't really advise on which industry is best as regards career progression and salary,but for an accountant like you,for a start,I'll recommend the Big Four consulting firms(PwC,KPMG,Ernst and Young and Delloite),starting your career in any of these firms will help you a lot. You can also keep your options open by applying for other jobs.

well i studied accounting and finance, but i don't want to work for an accounting firm i was thinking of working for a business and doing their accounts.
Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by Emasel(m): 7:53pm On Jan 26, 2015
btasha:

well i studied accounting and finance, but i don't want to work for an accounting firm i was thinking of working for a business and doing their accounts.

Well,I recommended those firms because I feel they will suit you being an accountant and also because their recruitment process is purely merit based,though very competitive.

You've been out of Naija for a quite longtime and so may not really be conversant of the system here.

The most lucrative industries in Nigeria currently are Oil and Gas,Banking and Telecommunications.
And getting a good job in these industries sometimes, takes more than being witty and smart,you need to be connected too.

Although,people still get good jobs in Oil and Telco companies without connection,It all depends on Grace and how good the individual is.

You could also arm yourself with a Masters if you can,before relocating back to Naija; it will also boost your profile and help you, especially in the multinationals.

I wish you the best!
Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by btasha: 8:29pm On Jan 26, 2015
Emasel:

Well,I recommended those firms because I feel they will suit you being an accountant and also because their recruitment process is purely merit based,though very competitive.

You've been out of Naija for a quite longtime and so may not really be conversant of the system here.

The most lucrative industries in Nigeria currently are Oil and Gas,Banking and Telecommunications.
And getting a good job in these industries sometimes, takes more than being witty and smart,you need to be connected too.

Although,people still get good jobs in Oil and Telco companies without connection,It all depends on Grace and how good the individual is.

You could also arm yourself with a Masters if you can,before relocating back to Naija; it will also boost your profile and help you, especially in the multinationals.

I wish you the best!

Thank you so much for your advise i really appreciate it. yes i will do my masters before relocating. i will try my best in getting a job to get experience before coming down. My aunty works for Total in Abuja so she has connection in the oil and gas industry, although she offered to help but i also want to have another option. Also a family friend offered to help with a job in CBN but i don't know much about these industries and how they operate in Nigeria. Working at CBN is it classified as a good job?
Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by Philadelphia: 9:12pm On Jan 26, 2015
You all should please ignore this btasha of a person. That guy/ babe is not in the UK. S/He is just messing around.

2 Likes

Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by btasha: 9:13pm On Jan 26, 2015
Philadelphia:
You all should please ignore this btasha of a person. That guy/ babe is not in the UK. S/He is just messing around.

WOW, firstly SHE not he.
Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by btasha: 9:18pm On Jan 26, 2015
Philadelphia:

Do i sound like a jobless person that will just come online and chat bare shite. ohh please aint nobody got time for that!
Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by highlygbaski: 9:42pm On Jan 26, 2015
Pls what's d salary scale for entry level or examination officer in WAEC! Pls ur response will be appreciated
Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by walearoy(m): 10:15pm On Jan 26, 2015
btasha:

Thank you so much for your advise i really appreciate it. yes i will do my masters before relocating. i will try my best in getting a job to get experience before coming down. My aunty works for Total in Abuja so she has connection in the oil and gas industry, although she offered to help but i also want to have another option. Also a family friend offered to help with a job in CBN but i don't know much about these industries and how they operate in Nigeria. Working at CBN is it classified as a good job?
Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by btasha: 10:40pm On Jan 26, 2015
walearoy:

Yes it is.
I'll take the total if I had the option.
Help give one of your contacts my resume abeg

Walearoy@yahoo.com incase your response is in the affirmative.

sorry one last question, where do you think is better to relocate to Abuja or Lagos?

1 Like

Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by Emasel(m): 4:41am On Jan 27, 2015
btasha:

sorry one last question, where do you think is better to relocate to Abuja or Lagos?

I'll say Abuja,Lagos is too crowded.Though Lagos has more business and job opportunities but it is very stressful.And if you'll be serving in CBN,Abuja will be most suitable,because you'll have a good chance of being retained after your NYSC.CBN is one of the best places to work in Nigeria,there is career progression and job security,and the pay is also very good.

BTW,I sent u a PM,pls check ur mail.
Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by nmezi1: 5:21am On Jan 27, 2015
btasha:

. Firstly I think Wale has furnished you with some good information just like some others here. My take is this, Be it for NYSC or Job, Total is for me a better place to be, the exposure, the packages and incentives are all mouth watering. But in any case if that fails CBN aint bad either and would still do as a good place. While most people would pray and wish to have one of such offers on the table, you've got two, and I've got to say, that's being blessed.
Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by walearoy(m): 6:14am On Jan 27, 2015
btasha:

Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by btasha: 10:02am On Jan 27, 2015
walearoy:

If you got accomodation, pls take abuja.
I'm in lagos now and I keep going crazy daily, pls don't come to lagos PLS.

Have accommodation in both places, in abuja garki ii and lagos on the mainland some where not sure of the name its my Aunty's house. But the thing she doesn't want me to go abuja simply because of boko haram
Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by btasha: 10:05am On Jan 27, 2015
[quote author=nmezi1 post=30168080]. Firstly I think Wale has furnished you with some good information just like some others here. My take is this, Be it for NYSC or Job, Total is for me a better place to be, the exposure, the packages and incentives are all mouth watering. But in any case if that fails CBN aint bad either and would still do as a good place. While most people would pray and wish to have one of such offers on the table, you've got two, and I've got to say, that's being

Not only total like my other sister she helped her into oando, in lagos. Before she started working at total she use to work at nnpc. I'm counting on both opportunities, although they are my aunties you can never be too sure. I'm still praying about it.
Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by btasha: 10:05am On Jan 27, 2015
nmezi1:
. Firstly I think Wale has furnished you with some good information just like some others here. My take is this, Be it for NYSC or Job, Total is for me a better place to be, the exposure, the packages and incentives are all mouth watering. But in any case if that fails CBN aint bad either and would still do as a good place. While most people would pray and wish to have one of such offers on the table, you've got two, and I've got to say, that's being blessed.

Not only total like my other sister she helped her into oando, in lagos. Before she started working at total she use to work at nnpc. I'm counting on both opportunities, although they are my aunties you can never be too sure. I'm still praying about it.
Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by btasha: 10:12am On Jan 27, 2015
Emasel:

I'll say Abuja,Lagos is too crowded.Though Lagos has more business and job opportunities but it is very stressful.And if you'll be serving in CBN,Abuja will be most suitable,because you'll have a good chance of being retained after your NYSC.CBN is one of the best places to work in Nigeria,there is career progression and job security,and the pay is also very good.

BTW,I sent u a PM,pls check ur mail.

Okay you're saying abuja, I do believe Abuja is nice but my Aunty doesn't want me to go there she believes it's not safe due to all these random boko haram attacks. And yes I have place in lagos to stay too but it's really far from the island. Although I never thought that was an issue but my friend that just visited nigeria said that was a major issue, because majority of the companies are on the island. Honestly I prefer Abuja tbh with you it's much convinent, I'm coming back to nigeria I don't want to spend all my money on island rent nor on transportation.
Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by walearoy(m): 5:32pm On Jan 27, 2015
btasha:

Have accommodation in both places, in abuja garki ii and lagos on the mainland some where not sure of the name its my Aunty's house. But the thing she doesn't want me to go abuja simply because of boko haram
Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by Autolord: 5:47pm On Jan 27, 2015
How much is NIMASA salary. I hear its 550k entry level. True/false and how much
Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by btasha: 10:39am On Jan 28, 2015
walearoy:

Boko fit strike anywhere jor,
However, your aunt is right too.
If you believe you can cope with lagos wahala you are welcome, I'll be waiting to welcome you.
Could you mail me?
Walearoy@yahoo.com

Well it's been a while since I've been in Nigeria, to what I plan to do is visit both Lagos and Abuja during summer for a week or two each then decide, although Abuja is much cheaper for me. I have a house there my aunt lives there so I can always go over to her for anything tbh, but in Lagos the house I have there is too far so I'd need to rent a place on the island which is about 1.5 million and I've been told it's not a good look for a single young lady to live alone in a rented apartment.
Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by walearoy(m): 8:01pm On Jan 28, 2015
btasha:

Well it's been a while since I've been in Nigeria, to what I plan to do is visit both Lagos and Abuja during summer for a week or two each then decide, although Abuja is much cheaper for me. I have a house there my aunt lives there so I can always go over to her for anything tbh, but in Lagos the house I have there is too far so I'd need to rent a place on the island which is about 1.5 million and I've been told it's not a good look for a single young lady to live alone in a rented apartment.
Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by smallpeepee: 8:56pm On Jan 28, 2015
Hahahatongue bro stop jonzin, dat babe aint real, 1.5million, I gat connection in, total, nnpc, shell, CBN, if I hear! Dose dat got connections dont make noise. infact u dnt see them on nairaland, tins r fix up 4 them, they dnt disturb deirsef, aunty ko, uncle ni. U go beg taya she won't mail u tongue she(he) is jux messin Ùp wit ur brain. U tink say u don catch maga abi hehehehehe..

walearoy:

Aiit,
Wish you the best as you choose and pray you make the best of choices.

Really wished I was in your shoes though!
I'm also on the island, we could meet if you wouldn't mind
Walearoy@yahoo.com is response is positive.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by walearoy(m): 9:29pm On Jan 28, 2015
smallpeepee:
Hahahatongue bro stop jonzin, dat babe aint real, 1.5million, I gat connection in, total, nnpc, shell, if I hear! Dose dat got connections dont make noise. infact u dnt see them on nairaland, tins r fix up 4 them, they dnt disturb deirsef, aunty ko, uncle ni. U go beg taya she won't mail u tongue she(he) is jux messin Ùp wit ur brain. U tink say u don catch maga abi hehehehehe..

Hehehhehehe
Abeg free me make I jonze small

3 Likes

Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by rasaqdayo: 10:32pm On Jan 28, 2015
His/her grammar is very bad for a regular English speaker. I am not even referring to typos. Nonsense, but a good joke to fill this space. grin

5 Likes

Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by Philadelphia: 12:35am On Jan 29, 2015
smallpeepee:
Hahahatongue bro stop jonzin, dat babe aint real, 1.5million, I gat connection in, total, nnpc, shell, CBN, if I hear! Dose dat got connections dont make noise. infact u dnt see them on nairaland, tins r fix up 4 them, they dnt disturb deirsef, aunty ko, uncle ni. U go beg taya she won't mail u tongue she(he) is jux messin Ùp wit ur brain. U tink say u don catch maga abi hehehehehe..

I thought I was the only one noticing it. I quickly informed everyone, and that idle folk @btasha was insulting himself (herself). You want to rent house, must you tell everyone how much the rent cost? You schooled in UK, you dey find work for Naija. Lol. No be only work you go find you suppose find visa enter Naija too. I sorry for you. UK ko OK foods ni undecided

5 Likes

Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by btasha: 12:46am On Jan 29, 2015
Philadelphia:

I thought I was the only one noticing it. I quickly informed everyone, and that idle folk @btasha was insulting himself (herself). You want to rent house, must you tell everyone how much the rent cost? You schooled in UK, you dey find work for Naija. Lol. No be only work you go find you suppose find visa enter Naija too. I sorry for you. UK ko OK foods ni undecided

Lmao, Looooool ohh lawrd, so saying the price is wrong, I don't need visa, I have a British passport LOOL so asking for an advice is a crime, very bias!
Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by btasha: 12:47am On Jan 29, 2015
walearoy:

Aiit,
Wish you the best as you choose and pray you make the best of choices.
Really wished I was in your shoes though!
I'm also on the island, we could meet if you wouldn't mind
Walearoy@yahoo.com is response is positive.

Thanks for all your advise
Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by btasha: 12:50am On Jan 29, 2015
Philadelphia:

Very narrow minded!! I'm looking to work in Nigeria because I like the lifestyle there, all my friends are there and they love it. I was to,d to come experience it but I'm not just going to pack and leave that's why I wrote on under this topic.

1 Like

Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:09am On Jan 29, 2015
btasha:
Lmao, Looooool ohh lawrd, so saying the price is wrong, I don't need visa, I have a British passport LOOL so asking for an advice is a crime, very bias!

You actually need a visa to Naija as a British passport holder. undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (41) (Reply)

SSS Cadet Course 28 2014 Recruitment!!! / Andela: IT Training And Job / How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.