Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,924 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:19 AM

Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria - Jobs/Vacancies (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria (610852 Views)

Top 13 Highest Paying Companies In Nigeria 2016 / Entry Level Inventory Analyst In An Oil And Gas Firm / Salaries Of Lecturer I And Lecturer Ii (conuass 03 And 04) In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by Caracta(f): 9:31pm On Oct 08, 2014
The thing about banking industry is that you would work so hard and wish you didn't get the job in the first place. Yes the pay is friendly and motivating but the stress no be here o.

6 Likes

Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by cc150615(f): 9:32pm On Oct 08, 2014
Bintu4:
. U missed road sir, I work in wema and am telling u dt wema salary is competitive n even pay more than all these banks dt u mentioned. Do ur findings.
Abeg give us the figures na
Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by 2good(m): 9:32pm On Oct 08, 2014
RedBenson:

Good then, but if i am not into it too, i wouldnt be arguing.
I am referring to a staff employee working for one of Shell, Chevron, Exxon, Total, ENI and Addax. Contract staff can earn more or less depending on negotiation.
Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by WoodcrestMayor(m): 9:32pm On Oct 08, 2014
Why?
Stress?
obitee69:

Me wey dey d sector wey done tire. I want out!!
Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by ennydoc: 9:34pm On Oct 08, 2014
uzolexis:

I hate UAC eh,they use their workers like slaves and pay them peanuts,my brother used to work there,thank God he's in a better place now.

would like to know how it is in uac cos i applied there. thanks
Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:35pm On Oct 08, 2014
Even as a post nysc doctor, i still dont earn up to these guys and ppl go still dey yab docs say we greedy...b4 I can earn this amount I have to be 3yrs post nysc...its just of recent that we fought for our right that there has been upgrading of the salary scale...we know how Nigerians reacted b4 we could achieve d@.

6 Likes

Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by Perotti: 9:38pm On Oct 08, 2014
Pls how has got concrete info for entry level pay for FMCG's like Nestle and P&G; IITA and ADB?
Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by karmaleon: 9:40pm On Oct 08, 2014
tivta:
. Please give an estimate, it doesn't have to be actual, also do engineers get paid while on their offshore break?

I'm not an engineer but a geoscientist. I also haven't worked offshore. But if you want figures, we are talking about 1.5million+ for experience hire and + or - 800k for a rookie

2 Likes

Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by beau49: 9:42pm On Oct 08, 2014
Oilandgas1:

Most of them are contract staff

Yea.....someone already explained to me. The top exec are the ones who enjoy the money meant to employ permanent workers.
Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:43pm On Oct 08, 2014
adegwurulez:
Is this anual or monthly? cos most of these bankers around look broke
u are right,that salary above is for their bosses,not the cashiers.some of them will be looking like let this man forget his money forever jaare.

2 Likes

Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by cc150615(f): 9:43pm On Oct 08, 2014
2good:

I am referring to a staff employee working for one of Shell, Chevron, Exxon, Total, ENI and Addax. Contract staff can earn more or less depending on negotiation.
we're talking about entry level pay here for a fresh say bsc or beng holder just starting with any of these firms,nd u guys are talking 2.5m monthly abi 14m per annum, Abeg verify ur figures again nd we're talking basic salary here, we all know there a lots of other juicy fringe benefits.
Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by louken(m): 9:44pm On Oct 08, 2014
masonkz:

LOL. Last I heard UBA was paying N150k for entry level trainees and this was last year. Although I heard they just reviewed their salaries, along with some other banks, going into above N200k.

Note that this is for pofessional staff that passed through the various banks' training schools and are university graduates with the requirements.
Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:46pm On Oct 08, 2014
uzolexis:

I hate UAC eh,they use their workers like slaves and pay them peanuts,my brother used to work there,thank God he's in a better place now.
Sorry....did he kick the bucket...or you mean't that metaphorically?...or literally

12 Likes

Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by 2good(m): 9:46pm On Oct 08, 2014
cc150615:

we're talking about entry level pay here for a fresh say bsc or beng holder just starting with any of these firms,nd u guys are talking 2.5m monthly abi 14m per annum, Abeg verify ur figures again nd we're talking basic salary here, we all know there a lots of other juicy fringe benefits.
The 14 million gross I quoted is for fresh graduate with 0 year experience.

7 Likes

Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by Caracta(f): 9:47pm On Oct 08, 2014
Stelvin101:

A fwnd of mine working in Diamond Bank Lagos said Bank only pay permanent staff such amount or more and contract staff not up to 70k and that if the bank has like 20 or 25 staffs, permanent staff sometimes are not up to 5. How truth is this??

Very true.

1 Like

Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by Olutola88(m): 9:48pm On Oct 08, 2014
Caracta:
The thing about banking industry is that you would work so hard and wish you didn't get the job in the first place. Yes the pay is friendly and motivating but the stress no be here o.
lmao! una dey shout stress and una no gree resign since all these years. Abegi Nairalanders wey dey find job go Diamond Bank, GTB, Union, First, Zenith etc continue your hustle and make sure you land the offer ( not contract o). No let anybody deceive you o! There's no too much stress anywhere( provided you are adequately rewarded).

After all, these bankers don't sleep in the office. As for me, I don't see any corporate job as too stressful provided I have access to 7-8 hours of sleep daily. I know what Bricklayers and Labourers go through( they are humans like you and I).

Nevertheless, anyone that can't cope with the stress for too long should work for 5-10years, save some millions and set up a business( mind you, you might have to work on Saturdays and Sundays as a businessman or woman)

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by lonelydora: 9:49pm On Oct 08, 2014
Why are people shouting for 200k monthly pay? Do you know about Total, NLNG, Mobil, Chevron, Agip, and Shell? Among the big players in the oil and gas, Shell/Agip pays the least. Halliburton pays more than Schlumberger, but not 800k as stated above unless you are a field engineer.

5 Likes

Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by cc150615(f): 9:49pm On Oct 08, 2014
2good:

The 14 million gross I quoted is for fresh graduate with 0 year experience.
now u just said gross,u never remove all the tax nd the likes,we need net figures here
Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:50pm On Oct 08, 2014
I just asked my frnd wrking at diamond bank while staff can earn that much the majority are contract. Now he said in a branch of 25-30 employees only about 20percent are real staff so that about 5-6 now let's say diamond bank has over 200 branches nation wide it means they have less than 1500 realstaff so the post means nothing. Of course I know most foreign oil companies pay well buh how many do they employ. These post is like saying how much is the grand prize for those reality tv shows at the end only few would get the job. Most oil firms only take candidates with MS.c from abroad now.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by Olutola88(m): 9:50pm On Oct 08, 2014
gmyguy:
Sorry....did he kick the bucket...or you mean't that metaphorically?...or literally
he spoke simple english na. He said he used to work there but now works in a better place

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by cc150615(f): 9:51pm On Oct 08, 2014
lonelydora:
Why are people shouting for 200k monthly pay? Do you know about Total, NLNG, Mobil, Chevron, Agip, and Shell? Among the big players in the oil and gas, Shell/Agip pays the least. Halliburton pays more than Schlumberger, but not 800k as stated above unless you are a field engineer.
Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by cc150615(f): 9:51pm On Oct 08, 2014
lonelydora:
sorry to disappoint u bro but slb pays more than Halli, tho I still don't believe slb pays up to 800 sha,it's just an oil servicing coy not e nd p.

1 Like

Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by 2good(m): 9:52pm On Oct 08, 2014
cc150615:

now u just said gross,u never remove all the tax nd the likes,we need net figures here
Sorry I am not here for you and don't care what your opinion is. I am out of this thread.
Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by Iolo(m): 9:53pm On Oct 08, 2014
Olutola88:
above 200,000. Anyone with a more precise and accurate figure can help us

Guinness pays Around 120k after tax for sales entry level.
Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by Olutola88(m): 9:53pm On Oct 08, 2014
Perotti:
Pls how has got concrete info for entry level pay for FMCG's like Nestle and P&G; IITA and ADB?
P&G is above N200,000
Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by uzolexis(f): 9:54pm On Oct 08, 2014
gmyguy:

God forbid,he didn't kick the bucket.By a better place i mean " a better work place"

8 Likes

Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by cc150615(f): 9:56pm On Oct 08, 2014
2good:

Sorry I am not here for you and don't care what your opinion is. I am out of this thread.
Bro we ain't fighting we're only trying to make Sure the figures we give are accurate so we don't mislead peeps nd defeat the purpose of this thread. #cyber hugs#
Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by ewizard1: 9:56pm On Oct 08, 2014
Nice Pay!!!

But as an entrepreneur... Some listed figures is what you can get in just 2 days. Yes 2days!!!

Why?

Cos i once did! grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (41) (Reply)

SSS Cadet Course 28 2014 Recruitment!!! / Andela: IT Training And Job / How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.