Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,785 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:17 AM

Hottest Places In The UK - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Hottest Places In The UK (4115 Views)

Top 10 Most Dangerous Places In Africa - See Where Nigeria Falls / 7 Must-see Places In Eastern Nigeria / My Journey To Hiding Places In Nigeria(pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hottest Places In The UK by Coco29(f): 6:22pm On Aug 08, 2006
LoverBwoy:

nope! im a smoothie grin
lickable wink

shocked shocked shocked cheesy
Re: Hottest Places In The UK by LoverBwoy(m): 10:32pm On Aug 09, 2006
different flavours grin pick 1
Re: Hottest Places In The UK by kiwibabe(f): 3:59pm On Nov 05, 2006
Ntyce is a good club down Woolwich side's, you go see plenty nigerians.

@ Coco29 Trust me the UK is not all that bad, I am currently staying in Asterdam for abit and it rains a lot more here than it does in the UK because it is built on water, when the UK was enjoying some sun this place had a rain storm for days and poeple dont compalin instead you see them riding their bicycles like foolish people.

A country is what you make it, if you want to have fun you will definately have fun.
Re: Hottest Places In The UK by soulpatrol(f): 11:51pm On Nov 05, 2006
kiwibabe:

A country is what you make it, if you want to have fun you will definately have fun.

@kiwibabe. thank you my sister, you don talk am finish. one can go to the driest country and still have fun if you make the effort to.

and yes i do agree, waaaaay too many naija peeps in woolwich. haba!
Re: Hottest Places In The UK by English1(f): 1:20pm On Nov 12, 2006
There is so much to do in London. the major museums and galleries are all free too.

The National History Museum, Science Museum and V&A museum (all free entry) are all next to each other and really interesting, very modern 'hands-on' type museums.

The Tate Gallery and Tate modern are free. At the moment the big piece of art in the terminal hall of the Tate modern is a series of giant slides that you can go whizzing down.

National Gallery and Portrait Gallery are free.

Just walking round London is very interesting. The south bank area, round Westminster by the houses of parliament and Big Ben, round Covent garden, along the river, etc.

You can get some very cheap walking tours (see London walks website) that set off from tube stations, don't need to be booked, and cost about £6 each. They are usually themed, for example a Jack the Ripper tour, a ghost tour, a pub tour.

Greenwich is a nice day trip from London. You can catch a boat down the Thames and see a really nice little historic area, lots of nice shops, pubs and restaurants, there are historic boats you can look round, and the naval college buildings. It also has the maritime museum (also free) which is interesting. You can find the Greenwhich mean time line - all times around the world are set from this line (GMT).
Re: Hottest Places In The UK by deathadder(m): 1:27pm On Nov 13, 2006
If London is so bad why don't all you complaining about it fxxk off!

Its your attitude that makes it depressing and then all the positive people
who use so much that the city has to offer can relax!
Re: Hottest Places In The UK by soulpatrol(f): 7:58pm On Nov 20, 2006
i think the people complaing that london is dry are just plain lazy. there are sooooo many sights to see, so many things to do as long as you're openminded. fun is not just about hopping from one club to another. theres tons of other fun things to do like catching a play at a theatre, going to art museums like someone mentioned, getting your portrait taken, visiting the wax museums, going on a boat cruise, fine wining and dining, and much more. so stop complaining and do something. cool
Re: Hottest Places In The UK by LoverBwoy(m): 1:29pm On Nov 21, 2006
true
the weird thing is most people living in london itself dont go out that much, apart from being busy people just cant be bothered to go look at some "funny drawing at the museum or some scary fish at the aquarium, theatre shocked
Re: Hottest Places In The UK by soulpatrol(f): 10:27pm On Nov 21, 2006
@ loverbwoy. yes, i noticed that too. the people that actually live there never have time to see the city, except maybe when they have a friend visiting, and even then they're too busy working 20 jobs to show the friend around, so the friend has to kind of tour the city on their own or with a tour guide. funny observations.  cool
i guess tourists appreciate the city more than the residents.
Re: Hottest Places In The UK by anusule(m): 12:28pm On Nov 22, 2006
hmm the best pl;ace to be is the "eyelid" in newcastle.
i love the millenium square in leeds
to take d best picture, go to the london bridge, river thames.e.t.c
Re: Hottest Places In The UK by LoverBwoy(m): 1:42pm On Nov 22, 2006
soulpatrol:

@ loverbwoy. yes, i noticed that too. the people that actually live there never have time to see the city, except maybe when they have a friend visiting, and even then they're too busy working 20 jobs to show the friend around, so the friend has to kind of tour the city on their own or with a tour guide. funny observations.  cool
i guess tourists appreciate the city more than the residents.

spot on, ive never bothered to tour the place after several years until my cousin came over from New Jersey, thats when i did my research, all the places Ive gone past but never bothered to enter i did for the whole month and its absolutely amazing, i felt like im new to the city   grin.

He told me its the same thing over at his end too, just walk past most places

(1) (2) (Reply)

Relocating To Canada, How? / HELP!!!! Where Do I Go With My Shenghen Visa ? / Australia Fire: 4000 People Trapped On Beach, Takes Shelter In The Ocean(Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.