Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,772 members, 7,827,855 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:56 PM

I Am Done With Ike Uche – Keshi Blasts - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I Am Done With Ike Uche – Keshi Blasts (28376 Views)

Keshi Clarifies Ike Uche's Super Eagles Exclusion / Ike Uche In Tears After Scoring ! / Ike Uche Back In Training! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Done With Ike Uche – Keshi Blasts by Goke7: 1:44pm On Oct 09, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:
Ike Uche has no respect for the coach. It started at the Nations Cup when he argued with the coaching crew, not just Coach Keshi and refused to play to their instruction.

Tell me, can Uche try that at Villarreal? He would be dropped immediately.

Balotelli disobeyed Rodgers two weeks ago, last week he was in the bench.

Discipline comes first. It is a team and they must operate as one.

that is how senseless we have become as Nigerians, supporting players who give instructions to the coach instead of the other way round.

1 Like

Re: I Am Done With Ike Uche – Keshi Blasts by watchindelta(m): 1:55pm On Oct 09, 2014
any lucky coach that lack winning tactic n refused to learn, need to be instructed for he own gud oh. If nt he shld leave.
Re: I Am Done With Ike Uche – Keshi Blasts by ddeola: 1:55pm On Oct 09, 2014
Keshi has lost it here, a coach should not be a hater but it appears that's what Keshi is doing. By the time Keshi's time is up with the super eagles, the next coach will invite him.

He doesn't have to beg Keshi but I know something is wrong somewhere
Re: I Am Done With Ike Uche – Keshi Blasts by Goke7: 2:03pm On Oct 09, 2014
ddeola:
Keshi has lost it here, a coach should not be a hater but it appears that's what Keshi is doing. By the time Keshi's time is up with the super eagles, the next coach will invite him.

what if he doesn't perform well under the new coach, who are we going to pounce on by then, what went wrong somewhere was when uche was trying to give the coach instructions? no one is talking about that, why are we so biased?
Re: I Am Done With Ike Uche – Keshi Blasts by ElFenomeno1: 2:09pm On Oct 09, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:
Ike Uche has no respect for the coach. It started at the Nations Cup when he argued with the coaching crew, not just Coach Keshi and refused to play to their instruction.

Tell me, can Uche try that at Villarreal? He would be dropped immediately.

Balotelli disobeyed Rodgers two weeks ago, last week he was in the bench.

Discipline comes first. It is a team and they must operate as one.

Balotelli wasnt dropped because of that.. it was due to poor form in front of goal.

I dont condone disrespect but Keshi has blown this crap out of proportion.
Re: I Am Done With Ike Uche – Keshi Blasts by Goke7: 2:12pm On Oct 09, 2014
ElFenomeno1:

Balotelli wasnt dropped because of that.. it was due to poor form in front of goal.

we are always very fast in defending foreigners, what a shame? colonial mentality
Re: I Am Done With Ike Uche – Keshi Blasts by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 2:16pm On Oct 09, 2014
ElFenomeno1:

Do you think it was a coincidence that Balo was dropped immediately after his actions. His form has been poor. Brendan Rodgers acted immediately after Balotelli disrespected him. That is the right way.

Same with Ancelotti and Rivaldo, Mourinho and Adriano, Villas-Boas and Adebayor, Mancini and Bellamy, Guardiola and Ronaldinho, Ferguson and Beckham and the list goes on.
Re: I Am Done With Ike Uche – Keshi Blasts by ElFenomeno1: 2:16pm On Oct 09, 2014
Goke7:

we are always very fast in defending foreigners, what a shame? colonial mentality

What is this one talking about..........

Defenders foreigners how?!

Have i castigated or slandered anyone locally here other than say that Keshi's days are numbered?!
Re: I Am Done With Ike Uche – Keshi Blasts by TCF1980(m): 2:17pm On Oct 09, 2014
Keshi left Uche for years and so what? Didn't Ghana leave Muntari for years? Mtscheew! Wondering why every Nigerian is a coach.... Keshi' contract expired after the World Cup, what have you guys been waiting for to get a different coach till date? Last time I checked, Okocha, Amokachi and the likes didn't wear Eagles jersey in all the matches played under Clemens Westerhof...

1 Like

Re: I Am Done With Ike Uche – Keshi Blasts by ElFenomeno1: 2:21pm On Oct 09, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:
Do you think it was a coincidence that Balo was dropped immediately after his actions. His form has been poor. Brendan Rodgers acted immediately after Balotelli disrespected him. That is the right way.

Same with Ancelotti and Rivaldo, Mourinho and Adriano, Villas-Boas and Adebayor, Mancini and Bellamy, Guardiola and Ronaldinho, Ferguson and Beckham and the list goes on.

What did Balotelli do to disrespect Rodgers?

I dont know anything about disrespect other than poor form which was a no brainer..........
Re: I Am Done With Ike Uche – Keshi Blasts by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 2:23pm On Oct 09, 2014
watchindelta:
any lucky coach that lack winning tactic n refused to learn, need to be instructed for he own gud oh. If nt he shld leave.
I laugh when I see you guys say Coach Keshi has no tactics. How many top coaches work under his condition? How much were Coach Lagerback and Berti Vogts paid? If I am correct, N15 million regularly every month. Coach Keshi gets paid N5 million every month but not regularly. Sometimes he goes 7 months without pay. He uses his own money to pay his staffs.

Sometimes, his players go to friendlies and qualifiers without pay and bonuses. Sometimes, no hotel bills paid.

Last World Cup, his players went on strike because of owed match bonuses.

Yet, he was able to manage them to the second round despite losing key players to injuries. The French with their top stars had to injure Onazi and Ambrose to defeat the coach you said has no tactics.

Then you guys would run to nairaland to abuse him.

Chai Dia Ris God O!!

1 Like

Re: I Am Done With Ike Uche – Keshi Blasts by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 2:26pm On Oct 09, 2014
ElFenomeno1:

I dont know anything about disrespect other than poor form which was a no brainer..........
In their last Champions league game, after the match, Coach Brendan Rodgers told Balotelli to join his team mates to applaud the fans.
Ballotelli openly refused to do it.
Re: I Am Done With Ike Uche – Keshi Blasts by Goke7: 2:31pm On Oct 09, 2014
ElFenomeno1:

What is this one talking about..........

Defenders foreigners how?!

Have i castigated or slandered anyone locally here other than say that Keshi's days are numbered?!

if brendan rogers were keshi, you would have castigated keshi for buying a gansgter like balotelli, that he's not motivating him well enough to score goals just like folks are blaming keshi for emenike's lack of scoring, we are double mouthed as Nigerians, let's not deceive ourselves.

1 Like

Re: I Am Done With Ike Uche – Keshi Blasts by Goke7: 2:33pm On Oct 09, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:
In their last Champions league game, after the match, Coach Brendan Rodgers told Balotelli to join his team mates to applaud the fans.

Please don't waste your time answering foolish questions, we have lots of ignorant folks here

1 Like

Re: I Am Done With Ike Uche – Keshi Blasts by Goke7: 2:35pm On Oct 09, 2014
ElFenomeno1:

that is why you should get your facts right before commenting on any issue, ignorance is a disease bruv
Re: I Am Done With Ike Uche – Keshi Blasts by afrokid(m): 2:49pm On Oct 09, 2014
Here we go again...

Re: I Am Done With Ike Uche – Keshi Blasts by KennyG6(m): 2:49pm On Oct 09, 2014
Uche who? The chap needs to realise that playing for the national side is a privilege; in a few years time history will reflect that he opted not to represent his country because of some petty spat with a coach who has already secured his place in the annals of Nigerian soccer.

1 Like

Re: I Am Done With Ike Uche – Keshi Blasts by ElFenomeno1: 2:59pm On Oct 09, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:

That wasnt the reason why he was dropped and it is a fact, he was dropped for poor form.
Re: I Am Done With Ike Uche – Keshi Blasts by honeric01(m): 2:59pm On Oct 09, 2014
Goke7:

you can keep fantasizing cos from history, we always go from frying pan to fire, we hardly replace our coaches with better ones especially when we kick them out of sentiments, you'll be back to complain when the new coach does not select his entire players based on public opinion, cos no Nigerian coach has ever selected all his players based on public opinion, forcing players on our coaches has never gotten us no where, that is why the likes of amodu and chukwu failed woefully. Our passion should not run us crazy in pulling our coaches down when they don't invite our preferred players, do you think you know these players better than keshi and do you think those players will tell the media what they did wrong to be kicked out of the team? Its left to us the way we want to continue but I don't anyone to come and tell me later than keshi is better than the current coach when keshi is gone, just like the way guys are now saying that siasia is better than keshi, this is how inconsistent we've been over the years.

Point of correction, Amodu didn't fail woefully, rather he was removed based on this same sentiments we are witnessing against Keshi..

Amodu achieved all the goals he was given.

1 Like

Re: I Am Done With Ike Uche – Keshi Blasts by ElFenomeno1: 3:03pm On Oct 09, 2014
Goke7:

that is why you should get your facts right before commenting on any issue, ignorance is a disease bruv

You are spitting nonsense... STFU

I have facts.. Balotelli was dropped purely based on form!

You should be telling yourself ignorance is a disease and be actively looking for ways to rid yourself of it!
Re: I Am Done With Ike Uche – Keshi Blasts by Goke7: 3:23pm On Oct 09, 2014
ElFenomeno1:

You are spitting nonsense... STFU

I have facts.. Balotelli was dropped purely based on form!

You should be telling yourself ignorance is a disease and be actively looking for ways to rid yourself of it!

state your facts and stop defending what you don't know, I never knew you are a member of Liverpool's technical bench lol

1 Like

Re: I Am Done With Ike Uche – Keshi Blasts by Goke7: 3:24pm On Oct 09, 2014
honeric01:

Point of correction, Amodu didn't fail woefully, rather he was removed based on this same sentiments we are witnessing against Keshi..

Amodu achieved all the goals he was given.

so why do we sack coaches even when they perform?

1 Like

Re: I Am Done With Ike Uche – Keshi Blasts by Nobody: 3:30pm On Oct 09, 2014
I passby
Re: I Am Done With Ike Uche – Keshi Blasts by honeric01(m): 4:01pm On Oct 09, 2014
Goke7:

so why do we sack coaches even when they perform?

Shortsightedness, myopic views, inferiority complex and corruption.

1 Like

Re: I Am Done With Ike Uche – Keshi Blasts by ElFenomeno1: 4:03pm On Oct 09, 2014
ddeola:

And that time is up very soon..... #KeshiOut
Re: I Am Done With Ike Uche – Keshi Blasts by okwentency: 5:04pm On Oct 09, 2014
DonDiego:
There really has to be something wrong with a coach who consistently has petty issues with his players. From Adebayor to Osaze, from Yobo to now Ike Uche, Keshi seems to just show that the term manager isn't something to be applied to him, like it is with most great coaches. He is just an old-fashioned coach. And not even a great one at that. Reading through his explanation I could not see anywhere Ike Uche acted like he wanted to be begged to play. Keshi claims the player called him first and they apparently chatted cordially. Yet it was too much for Keshi to use the opportunity to say:" ol' boy, get ready o. Your name is on my next list for South Africa." Instead, like an inept manager, he tells a subordinate to ask Uche if his travel papers are available. Like Uche did, if I were in his shoes I would have asked that same subordinate what he was talking about. Obviously, Keshi does not know Nigerians playing football abroad are also professionals. He assumes they are schoolboys he could deal with at his own whims. But I've got news for him: the vultures are already circling. His hubris will be his great undoing. Enough said.
Spot - on bro.
Re: I Am Done With Ike Uche – Keshi Blasts by darkjorse: 5:16pm On Oct 09, 2014
keshi is always in the media, he does not want any player to outshine him. He thinks he is the best Nigeria has ever had. That's why he did the peak milk commercial instead of Osaze, Ahmed Musa or Victor Moses.
Re: I Am Done With Ike Uche – Keshi Blasts by watchindelta(m): 5:19pm On Oct 09, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:
I laugh when I see you guys say Coach Keshi has no tactics. How many top coaches work under his condition? How much were Coach Lagerback and Berti Vogts paid? If I am correct, N15 million regularly every month. Coach Keshi gets paid N5 million every month but not regularly. Sometimes he goes 7 months without pay. He uses his own money to pay his staffs.

Sometimes, his players go to friendlies and qualifiers without pay and bonuses. Sometimes, no hotel bills paid.

Last World Cup, his players went on strike because of owed match bonuses.

Yet, he was able to manage them to the second round despite losing key players to injuries. The French with their top stars had to injure Onazi and Ambrose to defeat the coach you said has no tactics.

Then you guys would run to nairaland to abuse him.

Chai Dia Ris God O!!
bro abeg oh! Since when keshi win match last? When luck stand still what happen! No tactic bro.
Re: I Am Done With Ike Uche – Keshi Blasts by dabossman(m): 6:26pm On Oct 09, 2014
Goke7:

all of you shouting for the head of keshi, pls don't just come back to this forum to say that keshi is better than your new coach o, i go de wait for u guys then!

Bro, na today? Even the IK Uche they are all fighting and clamouring for to be in the team today will still be booed and ridiculed out eventually. If Rashidi Yekini who is Nigeria's all-time highest goal scorer was ridiculed out of the Super Eagles, with some fans even asking why an "has been" was taken to France 98, by Bora Milutinovic, then I can bet that even Uche will be summarily ridiculed and called a "spent force" by these same Nigerians. Did Kanu and even Okocha not suffer the same fate? Has Yakubu Aiyegbeni not scored more goals in an Eagles shirt than IK Uche? How did that story end?

IK Uche, enjoy it while it lasts o! Just one or two bad games and you'll think you are the one responsible for all of Nigeria's footballing woes. Naija fans, I hail thee.

*sits back and sips on kunu*

1 Like

Re: I Am Done With Ike Uche – Keshi Blasts by dabossman(m): 6:32pm On Oct 09, 2014
darkjorse:
keshi is always in the media, he does not want any player to outshine him. He thinks he is the best Nigeria has ever had. That's why he did the peak milk commercial instead of Osaze, Ahmed Musa or Victor Moses.

Seriously? Keshi unilaterally informed the guys at Friesland that he must be the one to do the adverts? Or are you the Brand Manager for Peak Milk per chance?

And then you say Keshi is always in the media? Do you know that coaches have a obligation to hold press briefings from time to time? Especially when games are coming up? So, when the press corps gather, what should Keshi tell them. I can't speak with you about the national team so I won't offend Nigerians? Why don't you query the journalists that keep asking him questions we all know the answers to? Even a 5 year old knows Keshi and Uche are not exactly on good terms, yet they keep asking why he hasn't been called up. Isn't it friggin' obvious?

1 Like

Re: I Am Done With Ike Uche – Keshi Blasts by edi287: 7:43pm On Oct 09, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:
I guess, with your knowledge of football, you are fit enough to coach Liverpool? Hence it is just tactics, strategy and workout.

It takes time and experience to reach coach Keshi's level.

First he was a successful footballer and worked with lots of different top coaches. He has been able to see cause and effect of different strategies and tactics over the years.

He grew as a coach. I remember Coach Keshi an under 17 coach learning his craft.

Also Aime Jacquet of France dropped Eric Cantona, David Ginola, Ibrahim Ba and put Keeper Bernard Lama on the bench.

Guardiola dropped Deco, Ronaldinho, Guily. This is not the first time a coach dropped players because of attitude.

Mancini dropped Given, Bellamy, Petrov, Adebayor and still won the Fa Cup and Premier League. Uche is not the first.
While Keshi might be good at getting his players to play out of their skins for him; he's not that great tactically.

Even his famed man management skills are starting to desert him. The way he's handled some issues lately have been rather disappointing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Jovic Completes €70m Real Madrid Move On Six-year Contract / Taiwo Awoniyi Welcomes Baby Boy After His Goal Against Arsenal / Nigeria Vs Germany : FIFA U-17 Women's World Cup ( 1 - 2) On 11th Oct 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.