Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,448 members, 7,823,060 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:51 PM

Can You Date/marry An Illiterate Girl? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Date/marry An Illiterate Girl? (3294 Views)

Can You Date/ Marry A Lady That Smokes? / Can You Marry An Illiterate? / You Should Date An Illiterate Girl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Date/marry An Illiterate Girl? by Ukutsgp(m): 2:45pm On Oct 09, 2014
Can you date or marry an illiterate girl? If yes how would you cope with her considering the fact that you are educated.

1 Like

Re: Can You Date/marry An Illiterate Girl? by Nobody: 2:50pm On Oct 09, 2014
I will date anyone my heart choose. undecided

1 Like

Re: Can You Date/marry An Illiterate Girl? by Ukutsgp(m): 2:54pm On Oct 09, 2014
Aprime:
easy to say.
Re: Can You Date/marry An Illiterate Girl? by Iaz93: 2:58pm On Oct 09, 2014
No, I can't.
Re: Can You Date/marry An Illiterate Girl? by Raiders: 3:20pm On Oct 09, 2014
It depends on what you mean as an illiterate. I can date someone who don't have a university degree as long as they can read and write.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can You Date/marry An Illiterate Girl? by iamtheprincipal: 3:21pm On Oct 09, 2014
Aprime:

I am very much with you as far as she is got the required attributes and the willingness to learn.
Re: Can You Date/marry An Illiterate Girl? by major466(m): 3:31pm On Oct 09, 2014
I can. It's not their fault if they're illiterate. When I marry her I would put her in school.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Can You Date/marry An Illiterate Girl? by capricun: 3:33pm On Oct 09, 2014
Where would I jam the illiterate girl in the first place. Light and darkness don't walk together.
Re: Can You Date/marry An Illiterate Girl? by Ukutsgp(m): 3:34pm On Oct 09, 2014
Raiders:
It depends on what you mean as an illiterate. I can date someone who don't have a university degree as long as they can read and write.
do u term someone who finish secondary school and can read and write as an illiterate? I mean a girl who cannot even spell ''go''
Re: Can You Date/marry An Illiterate Girl? by KMTee(f): 3:37pm On Oct 09, 2014
Re: Can You Date/marry An Illiterate Girl? by Ukutsgp(m): 3:39pm On Oct 09, 2014
major466:
I can. It's not their fault if they're illiterate. When I marry her I would put her in school.
u will put her in school after marriage? At what age? Starting primary school at maybe 35 will be very funny.
Re: Can You Date/marry An Illiterate Girl? by tosyne2much(m): 3:44pm On Oct 09, 2014
Let us not deceive ourselves.. It's easier said than done.. Education is partially a prerequisite for marriage as far as am concerned
Re: Can You Date/marry An Illiterate Girl? by capricun: 3:49pm On Oct 09, 2014
tosyne2much:
Let us not deceive ourselves.. It's easier said than done.. Education is partially a prerequisite for marriage as far as am concerned

When did you become a woman
Re: Can You Date/marry An Illiterate Girl? by major466(m): 3:50pm On Oct 09, 2014
Ukutsgp:
u will put her in school after marriage? At what age? Starting primary school at maybe 35 will be very funny.
Have you ever heard of Adult education classes?
Re: Can You Date/marry An Illiterate Girl? by tosyne2much(m): 3:52pm On Oct 09, 2014
capricun:

When did you become a woman
I go soon change my picture sef.. I
want to know what it feels like to
be clustered around woman
wrappers here and there; unwanted
PMs, recharge card and other
benefits attached to being a female
moniker.. More so, my BIS don
almost finish, guys must renew BIS na grin
Re: Can You Date/marry An Illiterate Girl? by Ukutsgp(m): 4:11pm On Oct 09, 2014
major466:

Have you ever heard of Adult education classes?
ok. But do u think she can cope after marriage. I know one woman who started the adult classes, but later dropped out that she cant cope. That she didn't understand what they are teaching.
Re: Can You Date/marry An Illiterate Girl? by Ukutsgp(m): 4:37pm On Oct 09, 2014
For me, i can't marry such a girl because she will not fit into my future.
Re: Can You Date/marry An Illiterate Girl? by Raiders: 4:48pm On Oct 09, 2014
Ukutsgp:
For me, i can't marry such a girl because she will not fit into my future.
good for you. You should marry a lady that suit your future plans. However I don't think its a crime for a man to marry an illiterate as long as he is happy with her and she suit his future plans
Re: Can You Date/marry An Illiterate Girl? by Ukutsgp(m): 5:19pm On Oct 09, 2014
Raiders:
good for you. You should marry a lady that suit your future plans. However I don't think its a crime for a man to marry an illiterate as long as he is happy with her and she suit his future plans
i wonder how an illiterate girl can fit into any guy's destiny
Re: Can You Date/marry An Illiterate Girl? by clubone05: 5:22pm On Oct 09, 2014
Doesn't matter. ...im educated enough for both of us. ..
Re: Can You Date/marry An Illiterate Girl? by Raiders: 5:24pm On Oct 09, 2014
Ukutsgp:
i wonder how an illiterate girl can fit into any guy's destiny
our great grandparents didn't attend school but they were able to live a happy life. There is nothing wrong in marrying an illiterate as long as she makes her husband happy
Re: Can You Date/marry An Illiterate Girl? by Ukutsgp(m): 5:45pm On Oct 09, 2014
Raiders:
our great grandparents didn't attend school but they were able to live a happy life. There is nothing wrong in marrying an illiterate as long as she makes her husband happy
so u are telling me that a graduate can marry an illiterate girl in this 21st century? I think the marriage will sail smoothly if both parties are illiterate.
Re: Can You Date/marry An Illiterate Girl? by Nobody: 6:12pm On Oct 09, 2014
I'd date an illiterate girl, as long as she's intelligent. And please, there's a difference between literacy and intelligence.

1 Like

Re: Can You Date/marry An Illiterate Girl? by Ukutsgp(m): 7:00pm On Oct 09, 2014
teekay12:
I'd date an illiterate girl, as long as she's intelligent. And please, there's a difference between literacy and intelligence.
as far as she can't read nor write, i can't marry her.
Re: Can You Date/marry An Illiterate Girl? by simpleseyi: 7:08pm On Oct 09, 2014
My very close friend is regretting leaving his illiterate ex-girlfriend for his graduate but arrogant wife.
Re: Can You Date/marry An Illiterate Girl? by Nobody: 8:09pm On Oct 09, 2014
Ukutsgp:
as far as she can't read nor write, i can't marry her.

There's more to life than that for me. Main questions I'd ask myself, does she have a mind of her own? Can she give me sound advice on life's issues? How's her self-esteem?

1 Like

Re: Can You Date/marry An Illiterate Girl? by Ukutsgp(m): 8:22pm On Oct 09, 2014
simpleseyi:
My very close friend is regretting leaving his illiterate ex-girlfriend for his graduate but arrogant wife.
why the regret?
Re: Can You Date/marry An Illiterate Girl? by 100Cents: 11:11pm On Oct 09, 2014
Ukutsgp:
easy to say.

Not just that.

The first girl I should have married wasn't a graduate.

The present one disturbing me now isn't too.

I go for substance not paper. But when you read their written or spoken English, you will understand that it isn't by certificate..

But i can't marry a person who looks like village champion anyway. I am talking about decent ladies who couldn't make it to school cause they weren't so lucky..
Re: Can You Date/marry An Illiterate Girl? by J0nyb0y(m): 12:54am On Oct 10, 2014
100Cents:

Not just that.

I go for substance not paper. But when you read their written or spoken English, you will understand that it isn't by certificate..

But i can't marry a person who looks like village champion anyway. I am talking about decent ladies who couldn't make it to school cause they weren't so lucky..
i agree with you bro
Re: Can You Date/marry An Illiterate Girl? by Ukutsgp(m): 8:49am On Oct 10, 2014
100Cents:

Not just that.

so how will she fit into your business and plan that involves some level of education. And she cant read nor write.
Re: Can You Date/marry An Illiterate Girl? by 100Cents: 9:05am On Oct 10, 2014
Ukutsgp:
so how will she fit into your business and plan that involves some level of education. And she cant read nor write.

So someone with a federal govt job cannot read or write ?

Does it mean that getting a university degree is the only form of formal education ?

Hehehe. Do you need eye glasses to see the bolded.below ?

100Cents:

Not just that.
But i can't marry a person who looks like village champion anyway. I am talking about decent ladies who couldn't make it to school cause they weren't so lucky. .

You go con tell me say Bill gates is not educated because he didn't get a university degree. These are babes that you cannot toast with your money or your car.
Re: Can You Date/marry An Illiterate Girl? by 100Cents: 9:10am On Oct 10, 2014
Topic sef. smh

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Typical Woman, A Perpetual Victim? / 10 Categories Of Female Virgins In Nigeria / How Much Does Bae Give You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.