Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,185 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:25 AM

Can You Marry An Illiterate? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Marry An Illiterate? (25718 Views)

Ladies: Can You Marry A Man Who Is Currently Earning N50,000 Monthly As Salary? / Before You Marry A Divorcee. / Ladies, An Illiterate Rich Guy Or An Intelligent Poor Guy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Marry An Illiterate? by olafunny(m): 8:33am On Jan 14, 2015
Marriage, they say, is the union between a man and a woman. No string attached. But for our own personal interests, we have decided to set jamb-like oral questions for our partners to know thier worths. Definately, many ladies wouldnt go for a broke n*gga, CREAM (Cash Rules Everything Around Me). Many guys would also prefer a fresh guys-look-at-when-passing type of ladies. But be truthful to yourself, can you choose an illiterate as your life partner?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by olafunny(m): 8:35am On Jan 14, 2015
Personally, i cnt. Reason, i dnt jst knw.

6 Likes

Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by papichula: 8:58am On Jan 14, 2015
Front page tinz dancing shoki for mainland bridge
****modified***

Illitracy get level by level...they are some dat cannot read and write ,some dat cannot speak gud english...and so on it depends on d level of illitracy

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by 2SWT(f): 11:09am On Jan 14, 2015
N0000h
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by Joshrob(m): 11:40am On Jan 14, 2015
I once dated a girl that can't speak Good English,am always scared whenever she wanted to talk cus I know she must Bleep up,the girl always pronounce crowd as crown,after many corrections yet she still continue fucking up,I just have to break up with her. But she's very beautiful and caring
Funny enough she has a good waec result failing only chemistry

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by justmag(m): 11:42am On Jan 14, 2015
If u marry for love then it's possible. Kids will say no they can't n adults will recognize that they can't help who they love.

32 Likes

Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by Nobody: 11:50am On Jan 14, 2015
Funny how someone who can't speak good english is automatically labelled an illiterate. Honestly amusing...

67 Likes

Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by olafunny(m): 12:02pm On Jan 14, 2015
2SWT:
N0000h
y?
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by olafunny(m): 12:03pm On Jan 14, 2015
Aprime:
Funny how someone who can't speak good english is automatically labelled an illiterate. Honestly amusing... grin
who is den an illiterate? cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jan 14, 2015
olafunny:
who is den an illiterate? cheesy
Someone who is educated but can't speak good english. grin
Smh

15 Likes

Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jan 14, 2015
Op what do you expect us to say when they are forcing a stark illiterate on Nigerians?
Do we have a choice?
They say we shouldn't marry an illiterate because they would disgrace us oneday but they expect us to vote in an illiterate because he will give us free education.

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by olafunny(m): 12:11pm On Jan 14, 2015
Mmadukaku:

Someone who's educated but can't speak good english.
Smh
den wat do we call sum1 who s nt educated bt can speak good english

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jan 14, 2015
I for one , the two categories of illiterates I cannot marry are ( 1 ) One that glosses her ignorance with mastery of the queens language all in the name of acquired formal education , but lack basic knowledge about life education and wisdom . ( 2 ) The second type is the one that outrightly lack both knowledge of life education and wisdom ( this type is dumb ) .

Meanwhile , I will marry that woman whom those that fall on my number one list of rejection above , tag as illiterate all because she lacks formal education and has no paper certificate , whereas she has full knowledge of life education and wisdom albeit informally , and can speak fluently her local dialect through which she acquired knowledge about life education and wisdom ( and knows a bit how to read and write both basic local dialect and lingua franca ) .

In summary , the word " Illiterate " means different thing to different people .

67 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jan 14, 2015
Yeah.. Why not?

Education is overrated.. Ask Pej grin

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by papichula: 1:37pm On Jan 14, 2015
Wer d disgrace go hot na say if she wan impress people using phonetics she cum gbaguan...

Whayasay
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by 2SWT(f): 1:45pm On Jan 14, 2015
olafunny:
y?
Wetin happen to all the guys wey l meet for school ??

2 Likes

Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jan 14, 2015
2SWT:

Before now , I was having an intention to ask for your hand in marriage , however , it is unfortunate as you said you have no interest for an " illiterate " like me .

Meanwhile , I am sure you will be ready to marry that French man who doesn't know both our lingua franca and your local dialect ... Or, would you assume him an advance illiterate ?

9 Likes

Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by 2SWT(f): 2:00pm On Jan 14, 2015
Empero1:

Before now , I was having an intention to ask for your hand in marriage , however , it is unfortunate as you said you have no interest for an " illiterate " like me .

Meanwhile , I am sure you will be ready to marry that French man who doesn't know both our lingua franca and your local dialect ... Or, would you assume him an advance illiterate ?
Lets be serious

l can't have an LL.B and marry an illiterate

is he going to be my house boy or what??

Imagine you send your daughter to school and she comes home with a degree and an illiterate for a husband
tell me you'll be proud of her

17 Likes

Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by divalindiway(f): 2:22pm On Jan 14, 2015
I would say no.
Reasons....The level of reasoning might be diff. My Problem is nt neccesarily the fact dat the person is an illiterate. My problem is the person might be ignorant. e.g we hv a quarrel,and am right and i know i am right and i know that the wrong decision would lead to grievieous consequences. This person might not want to agree cos he feels 'eh all these people wey go sch wey tink say dem no everytin'
Then again, lets say i hv a social function to attend wit my girls e.g a baby shower. He might start to say 'which one is baby shower again'
Most times its not d title but d attitude.
A guy once asked me if i wud like to marry a business man dat is a secondary sch drop out. I sed no problem and den i asked him,if years go by in the marriage and suddenly mayb my Classmate becomes the president of Nigeria and asks me to join his cabinet, would he allow me? He kept mute.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jan 14, 2015
2SWT:
Lets be serious

l can't have an LL.B and marry an illiterate

is he going to be my house boy or what??

Imagine you send your daughter to school and she comes home with a degree and an illiterate for a husband
tell me you'll be proud of her

The truth is that , there is a difference between education and illiteracy . There is a higher chance for someone who's informally educated in a multi-ethnicity country like ours to be illiterate in our national lingua franca . Take for instance , an informal educated building technologist ( brick layer ) , let me assume that your local dialect is Igbo language same as the this guy . Now , this kind of person may lack the ability to express himself properly in English language , so also would he find it hard to present his acquired knowledge in the filed of building technology in the queens language . But , I bet you , when you engage him in discussion in your local dialect and hear him talk and lecture you about his specialized field of knowledge in the local dialect in which he was taught the work , you would be amazed at the level of knowledge and wisdom he has . This is also applicable to roadside car mechanics .

Summary of my analysis above is this ; one can be illiterate in a particular language and at the same time be educated . So , life is all about packaging - education and wisdom does it all . You can package that illiterate man in English language , to become the literate man you want him to be in any language of your choice , as long as he has wisdom and is educated ( formally/informally ) . South African president , Jacob Zuma comes to mind , he never had formal education , but you dare not tell me that someone like him is an illiterate , no . I hope you get my drift .

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by olafunny(m): 2:43pm On Jan 14, 2015
2SWT:
they r married grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by GboyegaD(m): 2:48pm On Jan 14, 2015
Provided she has the right attitude and is willing to learn.

6 Likes

Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by Cultured(m): 2:59pm On Jan 14, 2015
Empero1:

The truth is that , there is a difference between education and illiteracy . There is a higher chance for someone who's informally educated in a multi-ethnicity country like ours to be illiterate in our national lingua franca . Take for instance , an informal educated building technologist ( brick layer ) , let me assume that your local dialect is Igbo language same as the this guy . Now , this kind of person may lack the ability to express himself properly in English language , so also would he find it hard to present his acquired knowledge in the filed of building technology in the queens language . But , I bet you , when you engage him in discussion in your local dialect and hear him talk and lecture you about his specialized field of knowledge in the local dialect in which he was taught the work , you would be amazed at the level of knowledge and wisdom he has . This is also applicable to roadside car mechanics .

Summary of my analysis above is this ; one can be illiterate in a particular language and at the same time be educated albeit informally . So , life is all about packaging - education and wisdom does it all . You can package that illiterate man in English language , to become the literate man you want him to be in any language of your choice , as long as he has wisdom and is educated ( formally/informally ) . South African president , Jacob Zuma comes to mind , he never had formal education , but you dare not tell me that someone like him is an illiterate , no . I hope you get my drift .

This is classic . You are a man of wisdom . More grease to your elbow .

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by 100Cents: 3:01pm On Jan 14, 2015
Let us define what illiterate means here.

I can marry someone with out degree certificate but at least has WAEC.

Not minding that Buhari has no WAEC.

She should be able to speak good English. And know that world oil price is dependent on demand and supply as well as OPEC..

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by 2SWT(f): 3:37pm On Jan 14, 2015
Empero1:

Summary of my analysis above is this ; one can be illiterate in a particular language and at the same time be educated albeit informally . So , life is all about packaging - education and wisdom does it all . You can package that illiterate man in English language , to become the literate man you want him to be in any language of your choice , as long as he has wisdom and is educated ( formally/informally ) . South African president , Jacob Zuma comes to mind , he never had formal education , but you dare not tell me that someone like him is an illiterate , no . I hope you get my drift .
I still maintain my stand

I CAN'T MARRY AN ILLITERATE

3 Likes

Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by 2SWT(f): 3:39pm On Jan 14, 2015
olafunny:
they r married grin
Then l'll become a reverend sister

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by olafunny(m): 3:44pm On Jan 14, 2015
2SWT:
Then l'll become a reverend sister
u dnt av to b, am stil single. wink

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by divalindiway(f): 3:47pm On Jan 14, 2015
Empero1:

Literacy doesn't necessarily equate to language spoken. It has more to do with awareness,enlightenment,attitude,self worth.U would agree with me that 90% of Formal education illiterates feel initimidated around literates and it affects their reasoning not neccesarily the language.

16 Likes

Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by Missmossy(f): 3:48pm On Jan 14, 2015
No assuming I was a secondary school leaver then I'd

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by 2SWT(f): 3:51pm On Jan 14, 2015
olafunny:
u dnt av to b, am stil single. wink
so how do we go about it now?
Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jan 14, 2015
and illiterate woman pus.sy dey sweet o.

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry An Illiterate? by Tymax(m): 3:55pm On Jan 14, 2015
Illiteracy; is it relative or universal? I have always believed that it simply says a person can neither read nor write and hence cannot document and communicate ideas properly.

If it's relative then that means even with my degree I would be an illiterate in China. That's laughable. grin

Let us not stretch the meaning of this word. An illiterate is a person who is not formally educated. One who doesn't have the basic skill-set for communication and industry, which is obtainable in formal education.

Would I marry a woman like this? No.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Asian Girl Looking For Black Men / Am 29 And Am Scared Of Marriage! / HIV Positive Man Saved From Homosexuality And Sugar Daddies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.