Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:30 AM

Bible Study For Bible Students - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bible Study For Bible Students (8771 Views)

10 Types Of People Who Search For Bible Verses In Church. / Bible Students Come Up Here And Exegete Zechariah 12:10 Vs John 19:37 / Calling Bible Students To Evaluate These Verses: Davidlyan, Frosbel, Goshen Etc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bible Study For Bible Students by tpiander: 8:16pm On Oct 17, 2015
If God knew Adam was going to fall, why was Eve created only for her to eat that fruit? (disobey God).

Is it possible Adam would not have fallen if Eve had not been created from him?

I seriously doubt this, my reason being the serpent would have still entered the garden anyway regardless if Eve were there or not.

Eve was created to be the companion for Adam after the garden, not just inside it alone.

If Adam had been the one to listen to satan, he would have directly yielded his authority to the serpent, Eve being the intermediary or go between, deflected that somewhat.
Re: Bible Study For Bible Students by tpiander: 8:17pm On Oct 17, 2015
2 Cor 4

5 For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus' sake.

6 For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

7 But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.

8 We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair;

9 Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed;
Re: Bible Study For Bible Students by tpiadotcom: 5:36am On Nov 27, 2015
Exodus 33

21 And the Lord said, Behold, there is a place by me, and thou shalt stand upon a rock:

22 And it shall come to pass, while my glory passeth by, that I will put thee in a clift of the rock, and will cover thee with my hand while I pass by:

23 And I will take away mine hand, and thou shalt see my back parts: but my face shall not be seen.
Re: Bible Study For Bible Students by tpiar: 6:37pm On Dec 14, 2015
Matthew 27

And when they had platted a crown of thorns, they put it upon his head, and a reed in his right hand: and they bowed the knee before him, and mocked him, saying, Hail, King of the Jews!

And they spit upon him, and took the reed, and smote him on the head.

And after that they had mocked him, they took the robe off from him, and put his own raiment on him, and led him away to crucify him.

And they that passed by reviled him, wagging their heads,

And saying, Thou that destroyest the temple, and buildest it in three days, save thyself. If thou be the Son of God, come down from the cross.

Likewise also the chief priests mocking him, with the scribes and elders, said,

He saved others; himself he cannot save. If he be the King of Israel, let him now come down from the cross, and we will believe him.

He trusted in God; let him deliver him now, if he will have him: for he said, I am the Son of God.

The thieves also, which were crucified with him, cast the same in his teeth.
Re: Bible Study For Bible Students by tpiar: 6:38pm On Dec 14, 2015
as 2015 winds to a close!
Re: Bible Study For Bible Students by tpiar: 7:26pm On Feb 23, 2016
and 2016 is here, by His mercies.
Re: Bible Study For Bible Students by tpiar: 7:29pm On Feb 23, 2016
Come Ye Out From Among Them

Gen 11

This is the account of Terah’s family line.

Terah became the father of Abram, Nahor and Haran. And Haran became the father of Lot.

While his father Terah was still alive, Haran died in Ur of the Chaldeans, in the land of his birth.
Abram and Nahor both married. The name of Abram’s wife was Sarai, and the name of Nahor’s wife was Milkah; she was the daughter of Haran, the father of both Milkah and Iskah. Now Sarai was childless because she was not able to conceive.

Terah took his son Abram, his grandson Lot son of Haran, and his daughter-in-law Sarai, the wife of his son Abram, and together they set out from Ur of the Chaldeans to go to Canaan. But when they came to Harran, they settled there.
Re: Bible Study For Bible Students by itstpia8: 11:40pm On Apr 10, 2016
Now eagerly desire the greater gifts.

And yet I will show you the most excellent way.

This verse from 1 Corinthians 12 moves on to 1 Corinthians 13.
Re: Bible Study For Bible Students by tpiah01: 3:10am On May 09, 2016
Ruth 1 vs 1

In the days when the judges ruled, there was a famine in the land.

This is the opening verse of the book of Ruth.

It mirrors the various times famine had been a mainstay during the biblical era. Almost every bible patriarch had lived during a time of famine.

In order to understand the famine mentioned in the book of Ruth, it is necessary to go back to the book which precedes it (Judges). The book of Judges closed on a very bleak note; the children of Israel were at war with each other, and had slaughtered and decimated themselves so badly that some tribe/s were in danger of extinction and had to resort to drastic measures to obtain wives and continue their line.

This was the situation at the beginning of the book of Ruth and the backdrop which Naomi and her husband had fled from by migrating back to the land of Moab (traditionally considered the enemy of Israelites or people who enticed the Israelites into sin and idolatry).

Naomi's family were in Moab for a while but eventually their lineage died out and Naomi returned to Canaan.

Most people consider Ruth significant because of her actions in marrying Boaz. However, her actions were not only important because she married Boaz, but also because she helped continue his lineage and restore the glory/stability of Israel through her humility and dedication to the things of God. Her first husband's lineage had gone extinct (a reflection of the situation of the Israelites at that time). Through Boaz, that lineage was revived again.
Re: Bible Study For Bible Students by tpiah01: 4:01am On May 09, 2016
contd

A foundation was once again established through which Israel could be rebuilt and the kingly line restored.

Thus, I was not surprised to find out one of the two pillars of the temple built by Solomon, was named Boaz.

1 Kings 7 vs 21

And he set up the pillars in the porch of the temple: and he set up the right pillar, and called the name thereof Jachin: and he set up the left pillar, and called the name thereof Boaz.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Repent Today! The Kingdom Of God Is At Hand! / Amazing Throwbacks As Christ Embassy Celebrates 30 Years #Blwcelebrates30years / Did Moses Actually Part The Red Sea ? What Is He Some Kinda Magician ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.