Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:48 AM

The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. (8682 Views)

Three Arguments For God's Existence / My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! / A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by FXKing2012(m): 5:59pm On Jul 09, 2012
It should first be noted that atheism was imported to Africa, our forefathers were very religious so atheism was never our thing. I had to clear this out because of the atheists in this forum who keep shouting about how Christianity and Islam were imported to Africa as if atheism was not.
With that cleared, let me give you the 5 arguments that killed atheism:

1) Dreams come true: have you ever dreamed and it later happened to you in real life? Most people (if not all) have experienced this, so how do u explain it if you dont believe in the spirit realm?

2) De javu: Have you ever had a feeling of de javu? If so then how do u explain it away?

3) Universal Order: The order that exists in the universe, given the way the planets and stars complement one another, is just extraordinary and could never have been an accident; how the energy level on earth is just enough for life to flourish; how microbes, plants and animals all complement one another in the delicate balance of life, etc etc. Do you think all these is just one big coincidence? There must be an intelligent being (does not matter the name you choose to call it)behind it all.

4) Cause and Effect: For every cause there is definitely an effect. If there is life on earth and the universe is well balanced, something (or someone) must have caused it - it couldnt have all happened out of nothing.

5) Life on Earth: Life can NEVER come from any inanimate object, so where do u think life came from? There is definitely someone out there who gave life to the first life.
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by Seun(m): 6:40pm On Jul 09, 2012
1) Dreams come true
People dream so many dreams every night. Most of them don't come true. Once in a while, something similar to, but not exactly the same as, an event in a dream might happen in real life. This means nothing. If you roll a pair of dice many times, once in a while you'll get two sixes. What does that mean? Nothing.

2) De javu: Have you ever had a feeling of de javu? If so then how do u explain it away?
I've had many feelings: headaches, cramps, stomach ache, annoyance, anger, fear, joy, satisfaction. They are all just feelings.

Universal Order. Cause and Effect. Life on Earth:
Nope, that's just the way things are. There are many disorderly and senseless things in the universe too. Means nothing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by DeepSight(m): 6:50pm On Jul 09, 2012
Seun:
People dream so many dreams every night. Most of them don't come true. Once in a while, something similar to, but not exactly the same as, an event in a dream might happen in real life. This is means nothing. If you roll a pair of dice many times, once in a while you'll get two sixes. What does that mean? Nothing.

I've had many feelings: headaches, cramps, stomach ache, annoyance, anger, fear, joy, satisfaction. They are all just feelings.

Nope, that's just the way things are. There are many disorderly and senseless things in the universe too. Means nothing.

I have often had the feeling that being the owner of this forum you would be the repository of all the wisdom and foolishness that has herein passed. It appears that you are the repository of the latter, but not of the former.

3 Likes

Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by Ptolomeus(m): 6:54pm On Jul 09, 2012
FXKing2012: It should first be noted that atheism was imported to Africa, our forefathers were very religious so atheism was never our thing. I had to clear this out because of the atheists in this forum who keep shouting about how Christianity and Islam were imported to Africa as if atheism was not.

1) Dreams come true: have you ever dreamed and it later happened to you in real life? Most people (if not all) have experienced this, so how do u explain it if you dont believe in the spirit realm?

3) Universal Order: The order that exists in the universe, given the way the planets and stars complement one another, is just extraordinary and could never have been an accident; how the energy level on earth is just enough for life to flourish; how microbes, plants and animals all complement one another in the delicate balance of life, etc etc. Do you think all these is just one big coincidence? There must be an intelligent being (does not matter the name you choose to call it)behind it all.

4) Cause and Effect: For every cause there is definitely an effect. If there is life on earth and the universe is well balanced, something (or someone) must have caused it - it couldnt have all happened out of nothing.

5) Life on Earth: Life can NEVER come from any inanimate object, so where do u think life came from? There is definitely someone out there who gave life to the first life.

There is no single point to be taken seriously.
In 5,000 years the Christian God could not defeat Satan, and this nonsense is to attack the atheists?

You continue in the competition.

1 Like

Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by MacDaddy01: 6:56pm On Jul 09, 2012
FXKing2012:

"Before something can change, before something can act or be acted upon, it must exist."

Cause and effect does not apply to existence or the beginning of existence. Whatever caused the universe into existence has to exist itself and therefore it is a part of existence- paradox.
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by MacDaddy01: 7:00pm On Jul 09, 2012
FXKing2012: It should first be noted that atheism was imported to Africa, our forefathers were very religious so atheism was never our thing. I had to clear this out because of the atheists in this forum who keep shouting about how Christianity and Islam were imported to Africa as if atheism was not.

Wrong. Christianity was imported to Africa. Our forefathers were pagans. Some of our forefathers were actually atheist or agnostics. This is because some of them went against the oracles or gods f the village. My grandmother was born into paganism but did not believe in it. Atheism is worldwide. Christianity is imported

1 Like

Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by Delafruita(m): 7:13pm On Jul 09, 2012

first,what is atheism?in the broad context,it is a disbelief in the idea of God as been spread by religionist.modern day atheist have streamlined it into disbelief in the god of christianity,islam and judaism i.e. the unseen god.it is a misconception to assume atheists dont believe in anything.they only choose what they believe in.some choose to transfer their believe to science,others music,sport,art etc.
looking at it from that contet,our forefathers were indeed atheists because they willingly chose the object of their belief.over the years,christianity and islam were imported and the belief system of our ancestors were relegated to the backseat.
as for your five points that KILLED atheism,i'd respond chronologically:
1. the coccurence of dreams has a scientific explanation,the fact that the dreams come true does not.moreso because there is no evidence to prove that the events that occured had actually been dreamt.even if iit has,the proportion is so infinitessimal and would often happen in cases of anticipation or fear
2. this is obviously an attempt at been jocular
3. like i said earlier,atheism is basically about disbelief in the idea of God been propagated by islam and christianity.however,the question of how the universe came to be is one that scientists have battled to find an answer to.the theory of evolution definitely doesnt hold water anymore so it all came down to finding the higgs-boson which has supposedly been discovered.
4. if we were to begin the "what ifs",the internet would crash.just a few of them:
what if every just happened randomly?
what if the world has eisted for billions of years?
what if man is the god of himself?
5. when you ask about the source of life,you must realise its not just humans.there wildlife,aves,amphibians,reptiles,vegetation etc.all these are living things just like man.the bible says God passed his breath into the nostrils of adam to give him life,was the same done to all other animals?afterall the fact we dont understand the lifestyle of animals doesnt mean they are not just as coordinated as man

1 Like

Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by DeepSight(m): 7:15pm On Jul 09, 2012
Delafruita:
first,what is atheism?in the broad context,it is a disbelief in the idea of God as been spread by religionist.

O stop being such a toad. This is not the definition of atheism.

The definition of atheism says nothing about "as being spread by the religionist."
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by FXKing2012(m): 7:19pm On Jul 09, 2012
MacDaddy01:

Wrong. Christianity was imported to Africa. Our forefathers were pagans. Some of our forefathers were actually atheist or agnostics. This is because some of them went against the oracles or gods f the village. My grandmother was born into paganism but did not believe in it. Atheism is worldwide. Christianity is imported

Your grandmother was a pagan does not make our forefathers pagans, ok! Our forefathers in Africa were deeply rooted in traditional beliefs which they started and established by themselves, and were wildly practised - I wonder the research that told u our forefathers were pagans.
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by MacDaddy01: 7:22pm On Jul 09, 2012
FXKing2012:

Your grandmother was a pagan does not make our forefathers pagans, ok! Our forefathers in Africa were deeply rooted in traditional beliefs which they started and established by themselves, and were wildly practised - I wonder the research that told u our forefathers were pagans.

Calm down, I just used the "pagan" label to describe the traditional religions.
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by FXKing2012(m): 7:23pm On Jul 09, 2012
Ptolomeus:

There is no single point to be taken seriously.
In 5,000 years the Christian God could not defeat Satan, and this nonsense is to attack the atheists?

You continue in the competition.

You have succeeded in saying nothing. I dont blame u though, when an atheist knows his argument is defeated he turns to such tactics as the one u just employed.
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by FXKing2012(m): 7:24pm On Jul 09, 2012
Deep Sight:

I have often had the feeling that being the owner of this forum you would be the repository of all the wisdom and foolishness that has herein passed. It appears that you are the repository of the latter, but not of the former.

lol.
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by FXKing2012(m): 7:30pm On Jul 09, 2012
Seun:
People dream so many dreams every night. Most of them don't come true. Once in a while, something similar to, but not exactly the same as, an event in a dream might happen in real life. This is means nothing. If you roll a pair of dice many times, once in a while you'll get two sixes. What does that mean? Nothing.

A dream that comes true EXACTLY the way you dreamt it is no coincidence, let's not deceive ourselves.

Headache, anger, joy, and all your other feelings are physical in nature, how do u compare them to de javu which has nothing to do with the physical.

The so-called senseless and disorderly things are actually very sensible cos they help to maintain the delicate balance of life on Earth.

And why couldnt you debunk nos 4 and 5 (Universal order and Cause and Effect)?

1 Like

Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by FXKing2012(m): 7:40pm On Jul 09, 2012
Delafruita:
first,what is atheism?in the broad context,it is a disbelief in the idea of God as been spread by religionist.modern day atheist have streamlined it into disbelief in the god of christianity,islam and judaism i.e. the unseen god.it is a misconception to assume atheists dont believe in anything.they only choose what they believe in.some choose to transfer their believe to science,others music,sport,art etc.
looking at it from that contet,our forefathers were indeed atheists because they willingly chose the object of their belief.over the years,christianity and islam were imported and the belief system of our ancestors were relegated to the backseat.
1. the coccurence of dreams has a scientific explanation,the fact that the dreams come true does not.moreso because there is no evidence to prove that the events that occured had actually been dreamt.even if iit has,the proportion is so infinitessimal and would often happen in cases of anticipation or fear
3. like i said earlier,atheism is basically about disbelief in the idea of God been propagated by islam and christianity.however,the question of how the universe came to be is one that scientists have battled to find an answer to.the theory of evolution definitely doesnt hold water anymore so it all came down to finding the higgs-boson which has supposedly been discovered.
4. if we were to begin the "what ifs",the internet would crash.just a few of them:
5. when you ask about the source of life,you must realise its not just humans.there wildlife,aves,amphibians,reptiles,vegetation etc.all these are living things just like man.the bible says God passed his breath into the nostrils of adam to give him life,was the same done to all other animals?afterall the fact we dont understand the lifestyle of animals doesnt mean they are not just as coordinated as man

First you got the definition of atheism very very wrong cos u limit it to the disbelief in God as propagated by Christians and Muslims. Nothing could be farther from the truth my dear.

Our forefathers were highly spiritual and they widely practiced traditional religion by serving, consulting and making sacrifices to all sorts of gods. I wonder why u keep calling them atheists? That is laughable to say the least.

God breathed His breath into man which is why we are spirit beings, and which is why animals dont have spirits cos God did not breathe into them. This is why we are not animals and could never be; this is why we are way higher and more superior than animals.

Your arguments are so so weak dear.
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by DeepSight(m): 7:42pm On Jul 09, 2012
FXKing2012:

[color=#006600][b]A dream that comes true EXACTLY the way you dreamt it is no coincidence, let's not deceive ourselves.

Abeg help me tell them o.
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by mkmyers45(m): 7:44pm On Jul 09, 2012
POINTS TO NOTE:
1. I am not an ATHEIST

How do you know this for sure?

Deja Vu? Oh You do? It is a false impression by the brain that a certain memory has been experienced which of course is generally not an act of prophecy but an anomally....or if then it truly exists isn't there a spiritual co-relation? Act of God or Satan?

Well well, what if this 'Awesome Being' is the Universe Itself....Universal order of things are mostly explainable phenomena that occur to keep a balance....or are we hanging on pillars or is gravity responsible?

4) Cause and Effect: For every cause there is definitely an effect. If there is life on earth and the universe is well balanced, something (or someone) must have caused it - it couldnt have all happened out of nothing./quote]

This sums up my thoughts...

[quote author=MacDaddy01]

"Before something can change, before something can act or be acted upon, it must exist."

Cause and effect does not apply to existence or the beginning of existence. Whatever caused the universe into existence has to exist itself and therefore it is a part of existence- paradox.

Some organism can remain inanimate only to assume life when certain conditions are obtainable....and what gave life to the someone that give life? what effect and cause brought about his existence?
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by DeepSight(m): 7:45pm On Jul 09, 2012
Deep Sight:

All in my head? I don't know about that.

I was in Dar es Salam for a Managed Servces negotiation two weeks ago.

One night I woke up from a dream. In the dream a friend of mine who I had not seen or heard from for 16 years was sitting beside me. He simply said, Long, time, how have you been, we should hook up soon.

I last saw or thought of this fellow when we last saw back in secondary school. So I never think of him. He is entirely outside my worldview.

I got up because it was close to morning and I went online on my laptop.

The first message that fell into my mailbox was from that Friend I had just seen in the dream. It simply said, Long time, how hove you been, we should hook up soon.

I got back to Lagos and my brothers told me that he had visited my house that very day.

I know very well that it is not all in my head because since I was a child there is nothing significant that happens around me which I do not see in a dream some days or weeks in advance.

https://www.nairaland.com/436863/problem-dreams-visions-clairvoyance#5953393
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by FXKing2012(m): 7:46pm On Jul 09, 2012
All the so-called atheists are nowhere to be found, they are distraught by my arguments and they know they cant argue against my "5 pillars of spirituality". I've always known they are not as intelligent as they pretend to be, they are just a bunch of confused wannabes.
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by mkmyers45(m): 7:50pm On Jul 09, 2012
FXKing2012: All the so-called atheists are nowhere to be found, they are distraught by my arguments and they know they cant argue against my "5 pillars of spirituality". I've always known they are not as intelligent as they pretend to be, they are just a bunch of confused wannabes.

Now Now, why act like a over-grown boosting to his friend that santa-claus doesn't exist...How old is the thread?
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by Ptolomeus(m): 7:51pm On Jul 09, 2012
FXKing2012:

You have succeeded in saying nothing. I dont blame u though, when an atheist knows his argument is defeated he turns to such tactics as the one u just employed.
I'm not an atheist.
I answered because I hate ignorance, and you are ignorant.
You are what in my country we call a "otario".
He has demonstrated his gross exposure.
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by FXKing2012(m): 7:51pm On Jul 09, 2012
mkmyers45: POINTS TO NOTE:
1. I am not an ATHEIST

How do you know this for sure?

Then what are u if not an atheist cos I know u are definitely not a theist.

You ask how I am sure dreams come true? Do u wanna claim you have never experienced it yourself?
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by MacDaddy01: 7:52pm On Jul 09, 2012
FXKing2012: All the so-called atheists are nowhere to be found, they are distraught by my arguments and they know they cant argue against my "5 pillars of spirituality". I've always known they are not as intelligent as they pretend to be, they are just a bunch of confused wannabes.

Is this the only way out after being thoroughly debunked?
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by FXKing2012(m): 7:53pm On Jul 09, 2012
Ptolomeus:
I'm not an atheist.
I answered because I hate ignorance, and you are ignorant.
You are what in my country we call a "otario".
He has demonstrated his gross exposure.

Pot calling kettle black.
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by Delafruita(m): 7:54pm On Jul 09, 2012
FXKing2012:

First you got the definition of atheism very very wrong cos u limit it to the disbelief in God as propagated by Christians and Muslims. Nothing could be farther from the truth my dear.

Our forefathers were highly spiritual and they widely practiced traditional religion by serving, consulting and making sacrifices to all sorts of gods. I wonder why u keep calling them atheists? That is laughable to say the least.

God breathed His breath into man which is why we are spirit beings, and which is why animals dont have spirits cos God did not breathe into them. This is why we are not animals and could never be; this is why we are way higher and more superior than animals.

Your arguments are so so weak dear.
what exactly is this "spirit"?in the real sense,the only difference between a man and a goat is the fact that a man is a man and a goat is a goat.both have similar characteristics and behave true to their kind.where then does this spirit come in?unless of course both man and goat have spirit.the bible potrayed a scenario in which adam would not be a living thing without the "breath of life".it therefore makes sense to say that every living thing required this "breath of life"
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by FXKing2012(m): 7:55pm On Jul 09, 2012
MacDaddy01:

Is this the only way out after being thoroughly debunked?

My good friend who always has nothing to say.
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by noetic16(m): 7:55pm On Jul 09, 2012
Deep Sight:

I was about to respond to that, then I saw your post grin grin grin you just made my week. lol

I laugh in japanese. No offence, but Seun's response was absolutely dumb.

1 Like

Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by noetic16(m): 8:07pm On Jul 09, 2012
Delafruita:

1.What is the scientific explanation for humans having dreams about future events in graphic details such that the components of the dream had not been encountered by the human, up until the time of the dream and its subsequent manifestation in reality? Hiding your ignorance behind science is quite dumb. One phenomenal fact that we are incapable of assimilating is the ability of dreams to come to reality, on its own it serves as no evidence for anything, but it buttresses the notion that there is a place or realm that is beyond the present limitations of our material world. This realm is a very strong evidence for the existence of God. Hence, I agree with the OP that the essence of dreams attaining reality is a valid argument or evidence for the existence of God.

2. Do you any scientific explanation for Deja vu feelings? To add to the OP, perhaps you should relate the context of deja vu to destiny. Destiny presupposes human limitations in many facets of life including where, how and when we are born and also many other events that happen to us in life. Thus IMO, deja vu is a spiritual phenomenum that correlates with a spiritual realm, hence, a valid submission for the existence of God.

3. Honestly, religious aside, how can you not be fascinated with the universe and the beauty of our existence? What are the chances that humans who have only lived a few decades would have answers to potent question with regards to the origins of the universe? Why do you think that this piece of intelligence could not have been the product of a super-intelligent being?

4. I agree with the OP's argument here, you have not said anything worth pondering over that counters this argument.

5. Have you got any explanation for the origin of life?
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by Ptolomeus(m): 8:18pm On Jul 09, 2012
FXKing2012:

Pot calling kettle black.
That's better than being an occultist. To use elements of witchcraft in worship, to attack all other beliefs.
So I used the word "otario" in english there something ...
no stress.
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by mkmyers45(m): 8:19pm On Jul 09, 2012
FXKing2012:

Then what are u if not an atheist cos I know u are definitely not a theist.

You ask how I am sure dreams come true? Do u wanna claim you have never experienced it yourself?

Similar Sleep-Memory Patterns Repetitions are possible....are dreams created/fashioned by this super-natural being? You talk of dreaming what occurs...what happens to imaginations, what of dream memories? is it really a received memory or something that has always been there...

P:S: Answer the other questions...
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by Ishilove: 8:24pm On Jul 09, 2012
Deep Sight:

Lmao! Lwkmd!! Between you and davidylan,i don't know who get bad mouth pass. I'm getting to like you more and more grin cheesy
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by Ishilove: 8:29pm On Jul 09, 2012
noetic16:

I was about to respond to that, then I saw your post grin grin grin you just made my week. lol

I laugh in japanese. No offence, but Seun's response was absolutely dumb.
Classic,huh? grin

The strange thing is that Seun comes from a very strong christian background undecided
Re: The 5 Arguments That Killed Atheism. by spikesC(m): 10:02pm On Jul 09, 2012
all these stup!d boys calling themselves atheists. As they say, atheists are mainly philosophers and scientists who can actually prove the inevitables by themselves. Now, what are you, students who defend atheism with other peoples facts. Is it not the same for christians proving christianity with the bible/preachers words.therefore you're indirectly using them as your preachers.

Now, prove this.
Matter is made up of atoms right, atoms of protons electrons neutrons, now what are the sub particles made of. Don't tell me sh!t about energy because you'll have to tell me what brought the energy. undecided

ps: all real atheists does not believe in God but they believe there is a supernatural being who run things grin

if you have chance go and watch revelations, a reason movie

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Where Will You Worship God Today? / Why Didnt You Go To Church Today? / Tribes Of Gad, Ephraim And Judah In Yoruba Land

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.