Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,090 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:27 AM

Ways Christians evade Difficult Questions From Others. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ways Christians evade Difficult Questions From Others. (6006 Views)

All Possible Quiz Questions From The Bible Book Of Joshua / Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here / Difficult Questions For Catholics And Their Trinitarian Counterparts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ways Christians evade Difficult Questions From Others. by theunusualmoon(m): 9:45pm On Oct 11, 2014
[quote author=Dapo777 post=27062626]

Ok then. We don't see things the same way.

WE ARE TALKING ABOUT A BOOK FROM AN OMNI-EVERYTHING, THE ACCLAIMED CREATOR OF THE UNIVERSE,A PERFECT BEING,
I don't expect ANY single mistake,the Bible MUST be perfect,If the author claims to be perfect!!!!

PERFECTION must be scrutinized thoroughly. [
/quote]
bro GOD did not write the bible.For example the new testament is a collection of the witnessing of the disciples.The conversations that took place between them and Jesus and also the things they witnessed him do.That's why a few things may seem conflicting.It's just like you and I attending a party and some time later we for some reason decide to narrate what happened at the party.You would agree that you and I will not write completely the same thing but a few of what we write may be similar.
Some books in the bible were also written by prophets after some period of inspiration.The major thing GOD really ordered to be written was the Ten commandments of the old testament.Every other thing that was written was as a result of inspiration or witnessing.
Re: Ways Christians evade Difficult Questions From Others. by Nobody: 9:51pm On Oct 11, 2014
[quote author=theunusualmoon post=27063472][/quote]

Wow finally,a Christian comes out of the dark. Am happy u agree the Bible was written by men and not by God,the last time I checked,I don't use men's work as my own standard.
Thanks for the argument. grin
Re: Ways Christians evade Difficult Questions From Others. by Missonas(f): 10:05pm On Oct 11, 2014
^^^ cheesy the books you used in school to learn that makes you able to 'comprehend' abeg who wrote them?ok maybe u didn't use man's standard to learn my bad
Re: Ways Christians evade Difficult Questions From Others. by Missonas(f): 10:18pm On Oct 11, 2014
SalC:
Hehehe this is funny, though I didn't read from the beginning but if this post is anything to go by, I will only say, it is worth knowing that freewill is not synonymous with evil. It is just the ability to chose between two or more things, we may argue that freewill is the reason why man fall but I will also say, had God not created us with freewill, he only created robots.
The good aspect of the freewill God gave to us is, it gives both we and him the joy and confidence of knowing that we love and serve God today, not because we have no other option or can't do otherwise like robots that can't go beyond what they are programmed to do, but because we willing chose out of the freewill he gave to us, to love and serve him.
I couldn't have explained it any better.They ask so many funny questions that atimes I just wonder how they reason the way they do undecided.But they say we are the ones that don't reason
Re: Ways Christians evade Difficult Questions From Others. by Nobody: 10:21pm On Oct 11, 2014
Missonas:
^^^ cheesy the books you used in school to learn that makes you able to 'comprehend' abeg who wrote them?ok maybe u didn't use man's standard to learn my bad

I didn't know u have eye problem.
So learning from a book is the same things as using it as a standard for living ur life?

Ur reasoning pattern is laughable. cheesy no offense.
Let me say it again,don't let religion tie u down intellectually.

Where do u think ur great grandparents are now? They are burning in hell because They don't believe in a Jesus? Lmao!!!!
Re: Ways Christians evade Difficult Questions From Others. by Nobody: 10:26pm On Oct 11, 2014
SalC:
Hehehe this is funny, though I didn't read from the beginning but if this post is anything to go by, I will only say, it is worth knowing that freewill is not synonymous with evil. It is just the ability to chose between two or more things, we may argue that freewill is the reason why man fall but I will also say, had God not created us with freewill, he only created robots.

The good aspect of the freewill God gave to us is, it gives both we and him the joy and confidence of knowing that we love and serve God today, not because we have no other option or can't do otherwise like robots that can't go beyond what they are programmed to do, but because we willing chose out of the freewill he gave to us, to love and serve him.

U still don't get it do you?

So What is happening now is the best according to a sky daddy?

He knew we would choose evil,Since he is omnipotent, yet he decided to give us freewill? Like seriously?
U still don't get it?
Re: Ways Christians evade Difficult Questions From Others. by Nobody: 10:28pm On Oct 11, 2014
daresma93:

na because of dat number u used with dat ur moniker na im go make me leave u alone
Lol,say wetin u wan talk oooo,It's a free world.
Re: Ways Christians evade Difficult Questions From Others. by Missonas(f): 10:44pm On Oct 11, 2014
Dapo777:

I didn't know u have eye problem.
So learning from a book is the same things as using it as a standard for living ur life?
Ur reasoning pattern is laughable. cheesy no offense.
Let me say it again,don't let religion tie u down intellectually.
Where do u think ur great grandparents are now? They are burning in hell because They don't believe in a Jesus? Lmao!!!!
Eye problem na u get brain tumor.I know that education formed a pattern that I'm living by today.

Your grabdparents are the ones rotting in hell if they reason like you do.So cos u reason in a different light makes u better than me?I don't balme peopleor anyone for any setback in my life ¤walks out of thiis thread¤
Re: Ways Christians evade Difficult Questions From Others. by Nobody: 11:11pm On Oct 11, 2014
Missonas:

Eye problem na u get brain tumor.I know that education formed a pattern that I'm living by today.

Your grabdparents are the ones rotting in hell if they reason like you do.So cos u reason in a different light makes u better than me?I don't balme peopleor anyone for any setback in my life ¤walks out of thiis thread¤
The only thing I gained from education is knowledge not wisdom,I learnt to apply What I have learnt,I don't get wisdom from education only knowledge. And my standard for living life is not based on the contents of a self contradictory book,I don't know about you.
Lmao,my grandparents are not in hell,because am not deluded enough to believe in hell. HELL IS FOR CHRISTIANS ONLY. Hell is for u because u believe it.
When u get to wherever u going take ur time to think it Through. All What u Av been believing all these while,does it make any sense to u? Just imagine ur great grandparents in hell because Dey don't believe Jesus,den u Wld realise how ridiculous hell and the whole idea is. tongue

Am not against u, i am just trying to introduce a little logic into ur brain.ur

Remember to think about ur great grandparents while lying on bed.
Re: Ways Christians evade Difficult Questions From Others. by Nobody: 11:16pm On Oct 11, 2014
Dapo777:

Lol,say wetin u wan talk oooo,It's a free world.
As a freedom man I gatz to yarn my belle na because nobody fit suffocate me, In oda words I still free u because of dat number
Re: Ways Christians evade Difficult Questions From Others. by Nobody: 11:20pm On Oct 11, 2014
daresma93:

As a freedom man I gatz to yarn my belle na because nobody fit suffocate me, In oda words I still free u because of dat number
ok
Re: Ways Christians evade Difficult Questions From Others. by Weah96: 1:40am On Oct 12, 2014
Dapo777:

Ok then. We don't see things the same way.

WE ARE TALKING ABOUT A BOOK FROM AN OMNI-EVERYTHING, THE ACCLAIMED CREATOR OF THE UNIVERSE,A PERFECT BEING,
I don't expect ANY single mistake,the Bible MUST be perfect,If the author claims to be perfect!!!!

Preach my brother. It doesn't take a genius to know that you're making sense.
Re: Ways Christians evade Difficult Questions From Others. by theunusualmoon(m): 9:38am On Oct 12, 2014
Dapo777:

Wow finally,a Christian comes out of the dark. Am happy u agree the Bible was written by men and not by God,the last time I checked,I don't use men's work as my own standard.
Thanks for the argument. grin
Declaring that the few discussions we've had is nothing to you but an argument is quite unfortunate because that automatically means that eachtime you read my comment you are looking for holes to win an argument.
well,please note that the bible was not written so that you would live by the standards of the writer but that you will have a first hand knowledge of the experiences those that walked with christ had and use that as a compass to finding the light.
Imagine if you had to travel to Russia by road.You would need a map and guess what the map would make the trip look easy but once you embark on the journey you realise it's not that easy afterall.Infact,at some point,you will begin to question the competence of the cartographer.How come he failed to indicate there was a steep somewhere or a hill? why did he not include the tiny river at at the end of a certain road? Half way through the trip you will be highly disgusted at the guy that made the map but truth is the guy designed the map according to the things he could see and it is only normal that he would definitely get one or two dimensions wrong and omit a few major landmarks.It is now left for you to determine how important this trip is to you.If you really want to get to your destination you will begin to find all the unanswered questions in the map yourself and smile at the omissions in them because you know they are not enough to stop you from getting to your destination......
The bible is a map bro.Understand that.
Re: Ways Christians evade Difficult Questions From Others. by Nobody: 5:56pm On Oct 12, 2014
theunusualmoon:

Declaring that the few discussions we've had is nothing to you but an argument is quite unfortunate because that automatically means that eachtime you read my comment you are looking for holes to win an argument.
well,please note that the bible was not written so that you would live by the standards of the writer but that you will have a first hand knowledge of the experiences those that walked with christ had and use that as a compass to finding the light.
Imagine if you had to travel to Russia by road.You would need a map and guess what the map would make the trip look easy but once you embark on the journey you realise it's not that easy afterall.Infact,at some point,you will begin to question the competence of the cartographer.How come he failed to indicate there was a steep somewhere or a hill? why did he not include the tiny river at at the end of a certain road? Half way through the trip you will be highly disgusted at the guy that made the map but truth is the guy designed the map according to the things he could see and it is only normal that he would definitely get one or two dimensions wrong and omit a few major landmarks.It is now left for you to determine how important this trip is to you.If you really want to get to your destination you will begin to find all the unanswered questions in the map yourself and smile at the omissions in them because you know they are not enough to stop you from getting to your destination......
The bible is a map bro.Understand that.

Ait........the Bible is a different thing to everyone.
Re: Ways Christians evade Difficult Questions From Others. by theunusualmoon(m): 6:29pm On Oct 12, 2014
Dapo777:

Ait........the Bible is a different thing to everyone.
How about you? What did the bible mean to you then and what does it mean to you now?
Re: Ways Christians evade Difficult Questions From Others. by Nobody: 7:24pm On Oct 12, 2014
theunusualmoon:

How about you? What did the bible mean to you then and what does it mean to you now?

Then it was an inspired word of God,void of errors, perfect,God's letter to human kind,But now It's simply man's work,primitive men's work,a literature, myth, a story book. That's all
Re: Ways Christians evade Difficult Questions From Others. by theunusualmoon(m): 8:53pm On Oct 12, 2014
Dapo777:

Then it was an inspired word of God,void of errors, perfect,God's letter to human kind,But now It's simply man's work,primitive men's work,a literature, myth, a story book. That's all
How about the endtime predictions in it?
At least, some of them are unfolding....E.g Diseases,Betrayal,Unthankfulness,Hatred,False witnessing,False prophets, Famine,Natural Disasters etc.
Re: Ways Christians evade Difficult Questions From Others. by Nobody: 9:33pm On Oct 12, 2014
theunusualmoon:

How about the endtime predictions in it?
At least, some of them are unfolding....E.g Diseases,Betrayal,Unthankfulness,Hatred,False witnessing,False prophets, Famine,Natural Disasters etc.

Jesus Christ and some of his disciples have predicted that the end time would happen in their generation, Jesus said,Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom. Matthew 16:28 .

So you see that Jesus prediction was wrong because everybody during Jesus time are now dead and we haven't seen the son of man coming in his kingdom.

The end time prophecy is a fraud!!!!!!! It's obvious even in the Bible.

The end time prophecy is just to put people in check So They won't deviate from the supposedly God's word. End time my foot.

U don't need to be a genius to realise the end time is a fraud.
Re: Ways Christians evade Difficult Questions From Others. by theunusualmoon(m): 11:01pm On Oct 12, 2014
Dapo777:

Jesus Christ and some of his disciples have predicted that the end time would happen in their generation, Jesus said,Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom. Matthew 16:28 .

So you see that Jesus prediction was wrong because everybody during Jesus time are now dead and we haven't seen the son of man coming in his kingdom.

The end time prophecy is a fraud!!!!!!! It's obvious even in the Bible.

The end time prophecy is just to put people in check So They won't deviate from the supposedly God's word. End time my foot.

U don't need to be a genius to realise the end time is a fraud.
That's because even Jesus doesn't know when the trumpet will sound.The bible makes it clear that no one knows.He knows the happenings that would occur before his coming but he doesn't know exactly when.
Re: Ways Christians evade Difficult Questions From Others. by Nobody: 11:15pm On Oct 12, 2014
theunusualmoon:

That's because even Jesus doesn't know when the trumpet will sound.The bible makes it clear that no one knows.He knows the happenings that would occur before his coming but he doesn't know exactly when.

So What does Matthew 16:28 means to u?
Re: Ways Christians evade Difficult Questions From Others. by theunusualmoon(m): 11:56pm On Oct 12, 2014
Dapo777:

So What does Matthew 16:28 means to u?
The more you keep concentrating on the errors in that map , the more certain it is that you'll never make it to Russia.
Re: Ways Christians evade Difficult Questions From Others. by Nobody: 5:41am On Oct 13, 2014
theunusualmoon:

The more you keep concentrating on the errors in that map , the more certain it is that you'll never make it to Russia.

So u have joined the wagon of bush beaters? I don't think the question is difficult, is it?

Again I repeat,What does .Matthew 16:28 mean to you?
Re: Ways Christians evade Difficult Questions From Others. by Weah96: 4:09pm On Oct 13, 2014
theunusualmoon:

Sarah Palin-esque response.
Re: Ways Christians evade Difficult Questions From Others. by theunusualmoon(m): 8:42pm On Oct 13, 2014
Dapo777:

So u have joined the wagon of bush beaters? I don't think the question is difficult, is it?

Again I repeat,What does .Matthew 16:28 mean to you?
I am beginning to feel you are so focused on what you want to hear and not paying attention to what you need to hear.So let's start with what you want to hear.
Matt 16:28 is a contradiction to Matt 24:36 but do have in mind that there are many possibilities:
1. He contradicted himself.
2. The bible was written after the crucifixion of Christ and there's no proof that while he was alive any of the deciples took notes of his teachings or healings. but after his death a lot was written to aid the propagation of the gospel around the word.Its just like you being a teacher and your students don't write while in class.3-4 yrs fly past and then they begin trying to remember the lessons and documenting them and this ofcourse explains the reason why there is a disparity between the different NT books.
Any other questions? Because I don't think this is enough for you to believe GOD doesn't exist.
Re: Ways Christians evade Difficult Questions From Others. by Nobody: 8:57pm On Oct 13, 2014
theunusualmoon:

I am beginning to feel you are so focused on what you want to hear and not paying attention to what you need to hear.So let's start with what you want to hear.
Matt 16:28 is a contradiction to Matt 24:36 but do have in mind that there are many possibilities:
1. He contradicted himself.
2. The bible was written after the crucifixion of Christ and there's no proof that while he was alive any of the deciples took notes of his teachings or healings. but after his death a lot was written to aid the propagation of the gospel around the word.Its just like you being a teacher and your students don't write while in class.3-4 yrs fly past and then they begin trying to remember the lessons and documenting them and this ofcourse explains the reason why there is a disparity between the different NT books.
Any other questions? Because I don't think this is enough for you to believe GOD doesn't exist.

shocked I can't believe a Christian is saying this about the Bible. You are the most honest and Frank Christian have come across.

I wonder why you are still confident about the Bible When you know there is no prove about how authentic the Bible is. The same person that wrote Matthew 16:28 wrote Matthew 24:36 ,So why can't an individual agree with himself on his account?
It's like me writing contradictory account of an accident scene,would you take my account seriously? When I don't even agree with myself on What i claim to witness.

Cmon.......
Re: Ways Christians evade Difficult Questions From Others. by theunusualmoon(m): 9:32pm On Oct 13, 2014
Dapo777:

shocked I can't believe a Christian is saying this about the Bible. You are the most honest and Frank Christian have come across.

I wonder why you are still confident about the Bible When you know there is no prove about how authentic the Bible is. The same person that wrote Matthew 16:28 wrote Matthew 24:36 ,So why can't an individual agree with himself on his account?
It's like me writing contradictory account of an accident scene,would you take my account seriously? When I don't even agree with myself on What i claim to witness.

Cmon.......
That's exactly what I am trying to tell you bro.It's just a map.A map that has been tampered with by many Kings and the Old church.Truth is,I think, they tried to hide so many things in it and ended up making huge mistakes.The fact that the original narratives of events were also not in English led to misinterpretation of the actual scripture,despite the fact that the original events as documented by the disciples are a bit different from each other.But I have experienced GOD on a personal level and that is where my Leverage is.
I advise that you see beyond the limitations of that map though you still need to travel and just try to talk with GOD on a pereonal note.
Re: Ways Christians evade Difficult Questions From Others. by Nobody: 9:51pm On Oct 13, 2014
theunusualmoon:

That's exactly what I am trying to tell you bro.It's just a map.A map that has been tampered with by many Kings and the Old church.Truth is,I think, they tried to hide so many things in it and ended up making huge mistakes.The fact that the original narratives of events were also not in English led to misinterpretation of the actual scripture,despite the fact that the original events as documented by the disciples are a bit different from each other.But I have experienced GOD on a personal level and that is where my Leverage is.
I advise that you see beyond the limitations of that map though you still need to travel and just try to talk with GOD on a pereonal note.

Ok. Thanks.

Since the Bible is manipulated, then I shouldn't read it again to avoid confusion.

What are the steps for experiencing God? If he exist I want to experience him.
Re: Ways Christians evade Difficult Questions From Others. by theunusualmoon(m): 11:04pm On Oct 13, 2014
Dapo777:

Ok. Thanks.

Since the Bible is manipulated, then I shouldn't read it again to avoid confusion.

What are the steps for experiencing God? If he exist I want to experience him.
No you cannot jettison the Bible completely.If you are intelligent enought to notice one or two inconsistencies then you are intelligent enough to still make sense out of the scriptures.Please start with the old testament again,overlook the errors in the book of Genesis(I am sure you already know where they are). When reading the book of Exodus think about the stubborness of the children of Isreal and also their punishments.Also think about Isreal as they are today- Their tiny land mass,no attractive natural resources yet they cannot be neglected in the world of today.Also think about Moses and Aaron.......Despite thier service I am sure you know how they ended up but don't let that bother you.Understudy the life of Abraham(which of course is the progenitor of our muslim brothers), Samuel( A real messenger of GOD)David and solomon(who I will admit are not without sin,Read the book of JOB and put yourself in his shoes.Never underestimate the power of the Psalms of David.Personalise them when using them to pray(Believe me,they work),As a man you'll need the book of proverbs and ecclesiastes for your personal upkeep. The NT is basically for you to understand how Jesus lived.compare it with today's pastors and you will understand that salvation is truly personal.
As you begin to believe you will begin to hear his voice.At first you will think its your conscience but overtime you'd be able to separate them.Pray quietly and choose your words carefully while you are at it.
A christian is simply someone who believes in GOD and has a personal relationship with him.Forget what they say these days.......It's all overzealousness for it is impossible for man to be without sin but try your best to resist sin.......Remember,Once you truely believe in GOD, You will hear from him always.........
I know You probably have an opinon about the trinity and speaking in tongues already......I do too and I am still digging.
Re: Ways Christians evade Difficult Questions From Others. by Nobody: 10:39pm On Oct 18, 2014
@theunusualmoon why can't I jettison the Bible? If it is inaccurate why can't I throw it away and never read it again? If I present a book to you to prepare for exam,which you have discovered to contain a lot of errors would you still want to study that book for exam after discovering It's errors?
Re: Ways Christians evade Difficult Questions From Others. by theunusualmoon(m): 7:25am On Oct 19, 2014
Dapo777:
@theunusualmoon why can't I jettison the Bible? If it is inaccurate why can't I throw it away and never read it again? If I present a book to you to prepare for exam,which you have discovered to contain a lot of errors would you still want to study that book for exam after discovering It's errors?
I cannot count the number of books I've seen that has errors in them.Back in the university we had lecturers that sold their handouts despite the errors in them and you dare not prepare for the exam without it.While I was preparing for the GRE sometime ago,I met a few people who had reservations about kaplan.
I already explained to you how I think the inconsistencies in the NT came about.
Stop looking for excuses bro........GOD loves you.
Re: Ways Christians evade Difficult Questions From Others. by Nobody: 7:46am On Oct 19, 2014
theunusualmoon:

I cannot count the number of books I've seen that has errors in them.Back in the university we had lecturers that sold their handouts despite the errors in them and you dare not prepare for the exam without it.While I was preparing for the GRE sometime ago,I met a few people who had reservations about kaplan.
I already explained to you how I think the inconsistencies in the NT came about.
Stop looking for excuses bro........GOD loves you.

I am not looking for excuses,But you are being very selective.
For you to chose Christianity over other religions,That's selective.
For you to only see the good part of God after all his atrocities That's selective.
Fr you to somehow accept a grossly inaccurate book as divine,That's the king of all selectiveness.

Stop tying your natural thinking pattern down bro. It doesn't take a genius to realise all What am saying.
Re: Ways Christians evade Difficult Questions From Others. by asalimpo(m): 7:51am On Oct 19, 2014
Dapo777:

they are some minor unavoidable errors in the bible owing to the human element tht translated it. That's well known and disputed in christianity. But , theyre glaring gaping errors in science ,you atheists hav lived with until,it was resolved.
The bible as the inspired word of God is inerrant-zero errors.

The bible isnt also a mental book, some of it's truth are only revealed ,not after cursory reading,but hard intense prayerful seeking.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

That You Asked God And God Answered Does Not Mean You Asked For The Best Thing / God's General Cs Upthegrove / Dealing With Spiritual Oppression

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.