Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,488 members, 7,826,839 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 09:26 PM

Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 (21016 Views)

How To Detect Car Horn Faults / "Horn Free Day” Coming Up On October 15, 2014 / Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 by NaLaugh: 7:25am On Oct 10, 2014
Lagos o Lagos. the asylum city cheesy
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 by Emmy157: 7:25am On Oct 10, 2014
;DTo reduce noise pollution, stop d use of generators .
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 by Temmzz(m): 7:25am On Oct 10, 2014
This wont probably Happen
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 by stinggy(m): 7:25am On Oct 10, 2014
ignis:
Could that be possible in Lagos with much awareness?
I don't get you madam...
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 by ignis: 7:28am On Oct 10, 2014
daresma93:
I waz here
yuzjet:
Oh really?
lilprinze:
booked
since2005:
jg
Ekowise:
Ok
since2005:
jg
Jobless space bookers. ...
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 by TheSonOfMark(m): 7:30am On Oct 10, 2014
Kachisbarbie:
they shouldn't try it here in Aba embarassed
I can use my horn all the way from Brass junction till...Osisioma (I know it's bad)
...but that's the only way I put these Aba bus drivers in check...I can't even imagine life without my car horn here. undecided

If they try it hereee! I wouldn't drive that day. angry

How do you cope in that confusing, nausea-inducing and dunghill terraform called Aba? I can't imagine this son of Mark residing there. You really must have resilience.
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 by Jabioro: 7:34am On Oct 10, 2014
Eeehm! E go work 4 Alausa,nt like my place,ikotun roundabout,abi u wan try am 4 Mushin Olosa,Ajekule,Oshodi of our many motor parks...
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 by kliq(m): 7:38am On Oct 10, 2014
This can't happen in Lagos/Naija....Gba be
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 by Beennkumar(m): 7:40am On Oct 10, 2014
LMAO! grin

Is that even possible?

Of all places, Lagos? grin
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 by suptol(m): 7:40am On Oct 10, 2014
For your satisfied, classical graphic designs, kindly contact Suptol Designs. A brand for the job.

Below is a link to his portfolio and contact details.

https://www.nairaland.com/1841535/suptol-designs-portfolio
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 by nickz(m): 7:46am On Oct 10, 2014
horn free wetin

this driver dey blow horn like say tomorrow no dey

another please
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 by Kx: 7:47am On Oct 10, 2014
Lagos Noise pollution is not Horn induced so to say.

Lagos Noise is caused by the external speakers relaying religious activities from Mosques, churches on the one side and Motor Parks, Markets, DJs and Disco Houses etc.
Until a decision is taken on the speakers that religious houses directs outside the confines of their buildings, nothing will change.

1 Like

Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 by Caracta(f): 7:51am On Oct 10, 2014
Nigerians and impossibility. Chai!

Good move. One could use a little bit of peace and quiet.

Me likey.
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 by Hollyb(f): 7:53am On Oct 10, 2014
Lets see how it goes
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 by Nobody: 7:55am On Oct 10, 2014
hmm, is this a joke?
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 by phransix147(m): 7:55am On Oct 10, 2014
I wonder how it would work... Especially wif that day being a working day... Danfo go gree so?

Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 by yehmi01(m): 7:56am On Oct 10, 2014
For this to work and i will believe them,

First all the DANFO on the street that just have a way of stopping any how on the road if they can resolve this one then I promise not to use my horn.

But If 1Wan of dem happen to stop any how on that day me self go use my horn Any How
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 by begwong: 8:08am On Oct 10, 2014
God bless lagos state. how i wish such policies can be replicated in other states of d federation
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 by Koko88(m): 8:10am On Oct 10, 2014
If I hear! Lagos drivers? We shall find out sha
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 by Fordzzy(m): 8:12am On Oct 10, 2014
Lol....no horn 4 lagos in a whole day??...choi....people go die like mad....i nor go ball out dat day ni...
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 by Goke7: 8:12am On Oct 10, 2014
Just a question, if i mistakenly press my horn that day, will one arrested by Latsma, KAI or FRSC? I need answers please
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 by deucelaw: 8:13am On Oct 10, 2014
Henrypraise:
Saw it on channels ytday, in as much as I tink d initiative to reduce noise pollution is fantastic, d campaign of a day withou horn may lead to disaster as hornin is one n d most effective way of communication btwn/ among motorist n pedestrian, I smell accidents n chaos brewin on da high n low ways.

Try Driving without a horn..you would discover how patient and courteous you can be..That is the idea here. To make everyone thread courteously, slowly, quietly and minding the activities of the other Road users..

For me, it's a welcome development as long as people oblige.

2 Likes

Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 by adedayourt(m): 8:14am On Oct 10, 2014
They want to sentence people driving Legedise Benz to Igbobi.

Better stil let them declear non usage of generator for d 24hrs and guarantee power supply

Dat wud b interesting....

1 Like

Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 by uche988(m): 8:15am On Oct 10, 2014
I dey wait when Lagos go do siren free day then I go know say them serious kissI dey wait when Lagos go do siren free day then I go know say them serious

1 Like

Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 by donciccio: 8:20am On Oct 10, 2014
October 15.. that's me baiiday, so I don't 've to do Pim pim on this day? Fashola abi na Opeifa my eyes are on uoo
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 by BOUNTYDOG(m): 8:39am On Oct 10, 2014
diceman1:
This is great. I drove in Lagos a while back and my horn wasn't working. For two weeks I drove without a horn and it taught me how to drive defensively and be patient. I hate unnecessary horning now. Truth be told, this can work and should be promoted/ encouraged by all.

Honestly I hardly use my horn,I try to discipline myself to using it when really necessary,cos the danfo drivers constitute nuissance with their horns,and most times it is v v annoying,u just hear a bus behind you horning like its accelerators depends on the horn,last nite there was this particular guy on okada slamming on the horns,I tried to give way as he was really confusing my driving only to see its just an okada,and he continued using the horn witout even removing his hands as he sped past me till he disappeared the horn never stopped,I can bet he will use D horn till he parks!I started to think if the guy is truly sane as I cannot imagine turning horns to toys,that can cause hazard on the road,I thought to myself,"he must be high on gum or soak away" as the FRSCofficer reminded me when lecturing us on road accidents when I went for my Drivers license that some road users actually gets high on soakaway or gums esp the northerners

1 Like

Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 by judithonyi(f): 8:46am On Oct 10, 2014
Hahahahaha!okada go chop people leg like dog dey chop bone .
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 by Nobody: 8:50am On Oct 10, 2014
If i use my vuvuzela nko?
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 by Nobody: 8:52am On Oct 10, 2014
deucelaw:

Try Driving without a horn..you would discover how patient and courteous you can be..That is the idea here. To make everyone thread courteously, slowly, quietly and minding the activities of the other Road users..

For me, it's a welcome development as long as people oblige.
does that include horning for your gateman and alertingg BRT before they crush ya moto
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 by Henrypraise: 8:53am On Oct 10, 2014
deucelaw:

For me, it's a welcome development[b] as long as people oblige.[/b]

Dats d key word, if u oblige n I don't wats gonna happen? Accident n chaos n dats bin d problem wit road users failure to oblige to road signs n drivin rules n regulations
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 by shilexholly(m): 8:56am On Oct 10, 2014
U D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ horn sef accident still D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ hpn....not 2 talk of no horn at all.......I go pray more b4 I komot aous d̶̲̥̅̊α† day.
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 by satowind(m): 8:57am On Oct 10, 2014
diceman1:
This is great. I drove in Lagos a while back and my horn wasn't working. For two weeks I drove without a horn and it taught me how to drive defensively and be patient. I hate unnecessary horning now. Truth be told, this can work and should be promoted/ encouraged by all.
So u promoting this cause u still don't wana buy horn u are really stingy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Another Fuel Tanker Crashes In Lagos / Innoson: 10 Things To Know About The Automaker / 12 Automobile Companies Under Volkswagen Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.