Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:25 AM

Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 (21012 Views)

How To Detect Car Horn Faults / "Horn Free Day” Coming Up On October 15, 2014 / Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 by modestdude(m): 8:58am On Oct 10, 2014
Kachisbarbie:
they shouldn't try it here in Aba embarassed
I can use my horn all the way from Brass junction till...Osisioma (I know it's bad)
...but that's the only way I put these Aba bus drivers in check...I can't even imagine life without my car horn here. undecided

If they try it hereee! I wouldn't drive that day. angry
Nwa Aba, Olee way?
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 by Obiwan100: 9:08am On Oct 10, 2014
Lolz,no ß only no horn day,na accident day
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 by Nobody: 9:08am On Oct 10, 2014
modestdude:
Nwa Aba, Olee way?

I am fine-will you buy me shawarmaaaa? angry embarassed cry
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 by slimpoppa(m): 9:09am On Oct 10, 2014
Dead on arrival. If everybody observes this, danfo won't.
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 by yk39(m): 9:13am On Oct 10, 2014
I quite disagree wit you. Its achievable if road users maintain a high level of road discipline. I have been to places outside d shores of this country where you hardly hear d car horn and people drive safely on d roads.

1 Like

Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 by DaddyGngeess(m): 9:15am On Oct 10, 2014
Is very possible when u know or have the spirit of driving,(patient,relaxing, believe in yourself,think about the safety of urself and the next driver) I drive in lagos, and I can drive weeks, months without horning.
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 by miembamish(m): 9:18am On Oct 10, 2014
Horn free day = Accident multiplication day!!! God help us...
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 by AshantiDimaria(f): 9:24am On Oct 10, 2014
[quote author=diceman1 post=27007359]This is great. I drove in Lagos a while back and my horn wasn't working. For two weeks I drove without a horn and it taught me how to drive defensively and be patient. I hate unnecessary horning now. Truth be told, this can work and should be promoted/ encouraged by all.

1 Like

Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 by chuckdee4(m): 9:34am On Oct 10, 2014
Lagosians and Nigerians should learn how to drive and respect other road users then the use of horns frequently will become a thing of the past
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 by Bitojoe(m): 9:35am On Oct 10, 2014
Omo come and see mighty curse that day.OLOSHI, AMUGBO, WEERE,KONIDAA FUN E, KURO LONAN FUNMI. I.D.I.O.T
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 by Nobody: 9:40am On Oct 10, 2014
note that Fashola doesnt use horn whenever he goes out...If you havent seen him, just keep shut and ask those who have sad sad
otswag:
Horn free Day? In lagos of all states? Its easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle. Thats like asking for an oxygen-free day or a garri -free day for some pple i know.. lol .Gov Fash should drive on d streets of lag himself without a convoy on that Day.i Give him just 2mins after he leaves his gate n I sure say he go start blowing horn n cursing like kolo man... grin grin
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 by Nobody: 9:43am On Oct 10, 2014
Its a step followed by another
Kx:
Lagos Noise pollution is not Horn induced so to say.

Lagos Noise is caused by the external speakers relaying religious activities from Mosques, churches on the one side and Motor Parks, Markets, DJs and Disco Houses etc.
Until a decision is taken on the speakers that religious houses directs outside the confines of their buildings, nothing will change.
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 by Nobody: 9:45am On Oct 10, 2014
I think you can still categorize sirens under horns...so all govt officials are also under the law and have to oblige
uche988:
I dey wait when Lagos go do siren free day then I go know say them serious kissI dey wait when Lagos go do siren free day then I go know say them serious
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 by Nobody: 9:49am On Oct 10, 2014
dont be negative...
miembamish:
Horn free day = Accident multiplication day!!! God help us...
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 by Revolva(m): 9:53am On Oct 10, 2014
Ridiculous...horn free day....for lagos....e no go work
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 by Nobody: 10:19am On Oct 10, 2014
pgidex:
Shey na 4 ds lagos wey I no? D conductor noise even pass the motor horn chaiii. cheesy
lol, ur very funny

1 Like

Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 by Nobody: 10:29am On Oct 10, 2014
Hmmmm. I doubt if its gonna be possible ooo... Eko of all states SMH
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 by gbaskiboy: 10:35am On Oct 10, 2014
GentleMimi:
I really doubt it working. Pressing the horn is a reflex action. Mbok , make accident no yapa oooo. Some Nigerian drivers are goats. without prodding of a horn, they are worse than village goats.
u start my day with laughter, am going to read ur post again and again to keep laughing.gringrin
grin
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 by otswag(m): 10:48am On Oct 10, 2014
iammo6:
note that Fashola doesnt use horn whenever he goes out...If you havent seen him, just keep shut and ask those who have sad sad
I just remembered one popular saying."never argue with an eediot. He brings you down to his level and beats u up with experience" Next time, go back to your secondary school lesson notes n make sure u understand those lessons in "comprehension" before you quote me again. Peace
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 by Nobody: 10:56am On Oct 10, 2014
I think i will need a third party to tell who the eediot is btw me and u...dumbass!!!
otswag:
I just remembered one popular saying."never argue with an eediot. He brings you down to his level and beats u up with experience" Next time, go back to your secondary school lesson notes n make sure u understand those lessons in "comprehension" before you quote me again. Peace
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 by charlesashilo: 11:05am On Oct 10, 2014
Kachisbarbie:
I can use my horn all the way from Brass junction till...Osisioma (I know it's bad)
...but that's the only way I put these Aba bus drivers in check...I can't even imagine life without my car horn here. undecided

Hmmm..... I don't think it is obtainable in any local government or LCDA in Lagos.

Here in the coalcity I can drive all day without a car horn. But Aba.....oga dikwa difficult ooo.
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 by ebukaOtika(m): 11:24am On Oct 10, 2014
Accidentalisation go occur o
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 by UjSizzle(f): 11:37am On Oct 10, 2014
Lol it'll be nice to go one day in silence (especially with these heavy duty trucks blasting away). But I think some drivers will spend the next couple days in a hospital from burst veins, because I know honking is more or less a way for people to vent their frustration on the road.
No horn=Pent up frustration grin
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 by osifred(m): 11:40am On Oct 10, 2014
It always appears impossible until someone makes it possible.
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 by Nosyke(m): 11:46am On Oct 10, 2014
Kachisbarbie:

Nwa Aba............... cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 by chidirowland(f): 12:02pm On Oct 10, 2014
It will be very difficult for Mushin bus drivers
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 by Nobody: 12:04pm On Oct 10, 2014
With all the animals driving around in danfos and keke. Even the Governors convoy can't even observe the no horn thingy.
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 by Merlissa(f): 12:07pm On Oct 10, 2014
What happens if we honk on that day
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 by NUGAWHITE(m): 12:12pm On Oct 10, 2014
Since the very day i bought my car in April 2014, i hav been having problem with the Horn, nd have been driving since then without Horn. But i faced a lot of challenges from Danfo Drivers. If actually Lagos State Government want to achieve their aims and objectives, this should not be limited to vehicles alone, it should include the use of Generating Sets, since this is also part of Noice Pollution.
LilNetty:
The Lagos State Government said it has set aside Wednesday, October 15, 2014 to be observed as a Horn Free Day.
The Commissioner for Transportation, Kayode Opeifa, made this known in his Alausa office on Friday.
The Commissioner said that the observance of the Horn Free Day is expected to reduce noise pollution from the use of the horn, improve road courtesy, improve lane discipline and draw motorists’attention to the importance of road discipline and mutual respect for other road users.
He said that Governor Fashola has challenged road users in Lagos State to observe a Horn Free Day, which is designed to complement the on-going efforts by the Lagos State Government in the provision and upgrading of traffic infrastructure across the State.
The activities lined up towards the Horn Free Day, would involve active engagement of radio and television stations in generating discussions challenging road users to observe a Horn Free Day.
It would also include endorsement by relevant stakeholders, as well as ember months campaign by the Vehicle Inspection Service to advocate, educate and enlighten road users on road safety.
The Law Enforcement Training Institute (LETI) would also be embarking on a community outreach programme which involves market and motor park engagements that will provide an avenue for discussion of the Horn Free Day and the engagement of Traffic Safety Ambassadors to partner with the Ministry of Transportation to support the successful observation of the Horn Free Day.
Opeifa urged all motorists, Lagosians and the general public to support the State Government by observing and adhering to the Horn Free Day exercise.
Source: www.m.dailytimes.com.ng/article/noise-pollution-lagos-observe-horn-free-day-october-15
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 by asala1: 12:15pm On Oct 10, 2014
We live in a lawless and uncivilised country where people uses horn any how. Our driving etiquette is nothing to write home around, it is shameful to say the least.
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 by Nonye362: 12:18pm On Oct 10, 2014
Fashola pls we know dt Lagos is over-populated,bt reducing it via this means is nt proper. is better u com out openly and declare operation every state must-go instead of devising a means to kill innocent souls in d name of ur nonsense 'Horn Free Day'. Gosh! this is unbelievable and never heard of in the whole universe, nt even is China. Anyway shaa, I know dis wil never work out for you. Or ar u indirectly fulfilling ur promise to ur who knows gods by sacrificing innocent bloods so dt u will win the forth-coming election. U know, u politicians ar full of evils and illegal practises. trying to use nonsense policy to achieve ur selfish desire. Note of warning to u: The bloods of those that will be negatively affected (let me not use the word die) will be in ur hands 'Mr Governor' the policy maker. PLs think twice and most of all, pls change ur personal adviser cos he/she has failed woefully. Thank u.
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 by chibuisi2002: 12:40pm On Oct 10, 2014
When will Abuja observe its own please and what is the penalty for defaulting cos these cab men in Abuja are mad with their horns, even when its not called for they keep hooting at you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Another Fuel Tanker Crashes In Lagos / Innoson: 10 Things To Know About The Automaker / 12 Automobile Companies Under Volkswagen Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.