Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,546 members, 7,955,026 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:49 PM

Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 (21177 Views)

How To Detect Car Horn Faults / "Horn Free Day” Coming Up On October 15, 2014 / Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 by olayinkaj2(m): 1:07pm On Oct 10, 2014
Right in front of alausa gate, someone will blow horn. Practically impossible!
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 by Nobody: 1:34pm On Oct 10, 2014
Indeed, Nigerians are know to be loud and disturbing. It is time we start to address noise pollution in the country. It is very dangerous to human lives. I think Nigerians don't have much idea about that.

1 Like

Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 by cluksy(m): 1:41pm On Oct 10, 2014
LilNetty:
The Lagos State Government said it has set aside Wednesday, October 15, 2014 to be observed as a Horn Free Day.
The Commissioner for Transportation, Kayode Opeifa, made this known in his Alausa office on Friday.
The Commissioner said that the observance of the Horn Free Day is expected to reduce noise pollution from the use of the horn, improve road courtesy, improve lane discipline and draw motorists’attention to the importance of road discipline and mutual respect for other road users.
He said that Governor Fashola has challenged road users in Lagos State to observe a Horn Free Day, which is designed to complement the on-going efforts by the Lagos State Government in the provision and upgrading of traffic infrastructure across the State.
The activities lined up towards the Horn Free Day, would involve active engagement of radio and television stations in generating discussions challenging road users to observe a Horn Free Day.
It would also include endorsement by relevant stakeholders, as well as ember months campaign by the Vehicle Inspection Service to advocate, educate and enlighten road users on road safety.
The Law Enforcement Training Institute (LETI) would also be embarking on a community outreach programme which involves market and motor park engagements that will provide an avenue for discussion of the Horn Free Day and the engagement of Traffic Safety Ambassadors to partner with the Ministry of Transportation to support the successful observation of the Horn Free Day.
Opeifa urged all motorists, Lagosians and the general public to support the State Government by observing and adhering to the Horn Free Day exercise.
Source: www.m.dailytimes.com.ng/article/noise-pollution-lagos-observe-horn-free-day-october-15

grin grin grin these will greatly improve the etiquette of drivers. IT'S A WELCOMED IMPROVEMENT IDEA.

1 Like

Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 by owabige: 1:48pm On Oct 10, 2014
grin ;DHmmm....Horn free day...just keep wondering wat the danfo drivers will do on that day...they should be ready for sore throat...ha(kurombe jor)thats wat u"ll keep hearing.....hahaha
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 by kennz(f): 2:47pm On Oct 10, 2014
l pray.
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 by Ormorlehwah(f): 3:10pm On Oct 10, 2014
Horn free day? Impossible mission.
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 by Dcaliphate(m): 3:16pm On Oct 10, 2014
lol.. grin grin I will very much like to see how this will work
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 by Bokoharam: 3:32pm On Oct 10, 2014
diceman1:
This is great. I drove in Lagos a while back and my horn wasn't working. For two weeks I drove without a horn and it taught me how to drive defensively and be patient. I hate unnecessary horning now. Truth be told, this can work and should be promoted/ encouraged by all.

You drove for two weeks without a horn, and you claim that taught you something? How much is a horn? For goodness sake, from which planet did you "drive into Lagos?" I am shocked. What is FRSC doing?
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 by Holuwathoby(m): 4:02pm On Oct 10, 2014
but why? embarassedbut why?
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 by dopedealer(m): 4:09pm On Oct 10, 2014
Please what is the price for first person to press horn
On that day.. I want break record grin
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 by tomiobj(m): 4:46pm On Oct 10, 2014
If they want to stop noise pollution. They should ban all churches/mosques from using microphones for a day. Research states that our sleep will be 1200% more efficient
LilNetty:
The Lagos State Government said it has set aside Wednesday, October 15, 2014 to be observed as a Horn Free Day.
The Commissioner for Transportation, Kayode Opeifa, made this known in his Alausa office on Friday.
The Commissioner said that the observance of the Horn Free Day is expected to reduce noise pollution from the use of the horn, improve road courtesy, improve lane discipline and draw motorists’attention to the importance of road discipline and mutual respect for other road users.
He said that Governor Fashola has challenged road users in Lagos State to observe a Horn Free Day, which is designed to complement the on-going efforts by the Lagos State Government in the provision and upgrading of traffic infrastructure across the State.
The activities lined up towards the Horn Free Day, would involve active engagement of radio and television stations in generating discussions challenging road users to observe a Horn Free Day.
It would also include endorsement by relevant stakeholders, as well as ember months campaign by the Vehicle Inspection Service to advocate, educate and enlighten road users on road safety.
The Law Enforcement Training Institute (LETI) would also be embarking on a community outreach programme which involves market and motor park engagements that will provide an avenue for discussion of the Horn Free Day and the engagement of Traffic Safety Ambassadors to partner with the Ministry of Transportation to support the successful observation of the Horn Free Day.
Opeifa urged all motorists, Lagosians and the general public to support the State Government by observing and adhering to the Horn Free Day exercise.
Source: www.m.dailytimes.com.ng/article/noise-pollution-lagos-observe-horn-free-day-october-15
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 by tomiobj(m): 4:49pm On Oct 10, 2014
diceman1:
This is great. I drove in Lagos a while back and my horn wasn't working. For two weeks I drove without a horn and it taught me how to drive defensively and be patient. I hate unnecessary horning now. Truth be told, this can work and should be promoted/ encouraged by all.
. How will u drive without a horn. You could end up in an accident or damaging ur car
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 by Ayatullah(m): 5:00pm On Oct 10, 2014
FASHOLA GOT THIS WRONG
It is said that all human beings have their moment of madness, I want to believe Fashola think of this idea at his own 'mad moment'. This Horn Free Day make no sense, especially in Lagos.
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 by amobyk29: 5:11pm On Oct 10, 2014
undecidedoh! ok... then that's gonna be a shouting-free day. cos ppl will stick their head out ta their windows and shout at the drivers..

angryoh! ok... then that's gonna be a shouting-free day. cos ppl will stick their head out ta their windows and shout at the drivers..

then that's still gonna be noise pollution
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 by anthonyjustine(m): 5:45pm On Oct 10, 2014
shey na naija dat 1 wan happen? Inside lagos ok o make we see ;Dshey na naija dat 1 wan happen? Inside lagos ok o make we see
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 by Ayatullah(m): 7:42pm On Oct 10, 2014
amobyk29:
undecidedoh! ok... then that's gonna be a shouting-free day. cos ppl will stick their head out ta their windows and shout at the drivers..

angryoh! ok... then that's gonna be a shouting-free day. cos ppl will stick their head out ta their windows and shout at the drivers..

then that's still gonna be noise pollution

Then a lot of people will have sore throat......... and the Chemist Shops will be smilling to the banks.

1 Like

Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 by swezenberg(m): 7:49pm On Oct 10, 2014
This is a normal thing in advance countries but I'm sure it is going to sound ridiculous to motorists in Lagos because what should be normal is no longer normal in Nigeria.

This is never for Danfo drivers because it is a mode of greetings to them.
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 by Nobody: 8:07pm On Oct 10, 2014
What was the horn designed on vehicles meant for ?
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 by Demichaels: 10:07pm On Oct 10, 2014
LilNetty:

chaiiiii, bad market for horn sellers and Repairers. if u NO horn e NO go spoil
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 by Decency1979: 10:52pm On Oct 10, 2014
Is dt possible?
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 by Decency1979: 10:54pm On Oct 10, 2014
Billyonaire:
What was the horn designed on vehicles meant for ?
I wonder ooo, too much accidents ar bin cald for
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 by madgoat(m): 3:45am On Oct 11, 2014
They should do something about the terrible noise polution by churches dat blare their loud speakers at night all in d name of vigil
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 by aghaibiam(f): 7:03am On Oct 11, 2014
Improvise!
Blink your headlamps.
I do it a lot especially at evening.
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 by modestdude(m): 7:32am On Oct 11, 2014
Kachisbarbie:

I am fine-will you buy me shawarmaaaa? angry embarassed cry
ichoro kam kpofee gi. Ok i will buy you sharwama smiley
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 by ivoryhouse(m): 1:09pm On Oct 11, 2014
Lagos drivers speak hornese, I wonder how they will communicate, sign language?
I haven't used my horn in 10months and I live in lagos!
Yes, a horn free day can work, but you will have to disable the horns on all danfo buses! grin
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 by Nobody: 2:30pm On Oct 11, 2014
ivoryhouse:
. . . I haven't used my horn in 10months and I live in lagos! . . . grin

liar, liar, pants on fire !!!
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 by Starieangel(f): 4:21pm On Oct 11, 2014
Uv got to be kidding me!driving frm iyanaba to okoko wifout using the horn?na!its so impossible......alaba rago is inbetween dis 2places......guess u intend to use human bodies for suya den......since lagos is ebola free now!so absurd! embarassed
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 by ivoryhouse(m): 4:52pm On Oct 11, 2014
mxxpunkxx1:

liar, liar, pants on fire !!!
smiley I know you speak hornese in your native dialect so I understand where you are coming from grin
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 by Nobody: 11:51pm On Oct 11, 2014
ivoryhouse:

smiley I know you speak hornese in your native dialect so I understand where you are coming from grin

Lame, try harder!!!!
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 by Nobody: 12:50pm On Oct 12, 2014
Good Idea.

It is a start. And if it can be sustained as part of our road safety culture, then it would be even better. Less driving, pedestrian and resident stress.

In the Lagos that I know of with the Danfos and Tata's and BRTs I think it might not be much of a success. But perhaps the awareness would have been created. As for compliance? I don't think so.

I wish I could be home to see this work.
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 by chuks04: 10:29am On Oct 14, 2014
Looking towards having a No traffic day in Lagos.
I only believe ......dat will be possible wen our govt decides to bring in local speed train at least within Lagos metropolis.
#stillwonderingwhen.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fuel Saving Tips, You May Find Useful. / Porsche Cayenne vs Lexus RX350 vs BMW X3 Vs Audi Q5 vs Acura MDX / How Good Is Used Peugeot 407 For A Beginner...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.