Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,620 members, 7,809,280 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:13 AM

Fraudster Alert involving Hilary Iwenofu Of H.I.T Technologies - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Fraudster Alert involving Hilary Iwenofu Of H.I.T Technologies (3972 Views)

Scam Alert: Hilary Brain Iwenofu / Follow Up On Hilary Iwenofu Of H.I.T Technologies Scam Allegations / Say Hello To Hilary 419 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Fraudster Alert involving Hilary Iwenofu Of H.I.T Technologies by GoldPencil: 11:12pm On Oct 10, 2014
Fraudster Alert. Hilary Iwenofu of H.I.T technologies is a fraudster.

Dont mind the portfolio of websites he claims to have done. He is a fraud. If you must do business with him, make sure he executes the job first before pay. Caveat Emptor. BUYER BEWARE.

I am just doing my own honest bit to rid this place of those without conscience, who refuse to let e commerce grow by destroying trust.

99 days for you, 1 day for the owner.

Re: Fraudster Alert involving Hilary Iwenofu Of H.I.T Technologies by Nobody: 11:58pm On Oct 10, 2014
Tell us your story.. How much have you paid?
Re: Fraudster Alert involving Hilary Iwenofu Of H.I.T Technologies by GoldPencil: 6:23am On Oct 11, 2014
iamDemigod:
hilary creates or pays ppl to create multiple sites (I doubt his ability as a developer). He creates multiple sites to make u think he can do a job. His best is hostchillyng.com.... he also has multiple accounts here incase he is found out.
Once u ignore the voice in ur head saying "this is a nigerian trying to scam" and u engage him in a bid to prove that at least one person can be honest and do a jobe he/she is paid for, u don mess up.
he asks for 30% upfront of whatever u agree, claiming that he will not start ur work with his own money. Then when u pay, he runs away with it. Continually promising that the work is in progress. Simple confidence trick by a Future politician.
the good thing is that I will not be damaged by his acts. And im in a position to use money and teach our dear friend a lesson about the money he loves so much. Others may not be so lucky. Ppl do not pluck money from trees so that another person will run with it without exchanging value.
Re: Fraudster Alert involving Hilary Iwenofu Of H.I.T Technologies by GoldPencil: 6:46am On Oct 11, 2014
iamDemigod:
so my friend(s), join me in my world wide campaign. Let us make sure that he never defrauds another person again. It may be u or ur family member next with their last 5000 naira savings. I believe if we handle this one properly, more ppl will be discouraged or tread carefully when they think of scamming others. Please like and share this thread. Lets get it trending as front page material. Lets take the story to facebook, Twitter instagram and all. Eventually we we will even go to newspapers with it and with sufficient funding and permission, outdoor billboards. Lets make a change for once. Dont fear, I have all the proof, screenshots and all, receipts and text msgs, he could not even show courtesy and respect for his client and provide screenshots of work in progress. Even if you finish the work now and say im lying, what you have done already constitutes breach of contract and negligence. We will not stop till u and others like u understand that conny man die conny man kill am. U don jam De Law himself. We have to stop this conny man die culture to grow as a ppl. Thanks. #HilaryIwenofuIsFraudulent
Re: Fraudster Alert involving Hilary Iwenofu Of H.I.T Technologies by Nobody: 10:38am On Oct 11, 2014
I thought he has a reputation in the "webmaster board"...........
Re: Fraudster Alert involving Hilary Iwenofu Of H.I.T Technologies by maekhel(m): 11:45am On Oct 11, 2014
Jregz:
he should come out and defend himself na...he can't say he has not seen this thread
Re: Fraudster Alert involving Hilary Iwenofu Of H.I.T Technologies by guru01(m): 4:18pm On Oct 11, 2014
wow again, this is the second thread am seeing in a week about @hilary defrauding people.
Re: Fraudster Alert involving Hilary Iwenofu Of H.I.T Technologies by maekhel(m): 4:32pm On Oct 11, 2014
guru01:
wow again, this is the second thread am seeing in a week about @hilary defrauding people.
this us serious, Mods FP tins before another fall victim
Re: Fraudster Alert involving Hilary Iwenofu Of H.I.T Technologies by Nobody: 8:18pm On Oct 11, 2014
maekhel:

he should come out and defend himself na...he can't say he has not seen this thread
Atleast he defended himself on the other thread even though he still sounded phoney https://www.nairaland.com/1901056/scam-alert-defrauded-web-designer

he was online.as at 6;36 pm yet he didn't try to clear himself of this mess ....I hope it isn't what am thinking about
Re: Fraudster Alert involving Hilary Iwenofu Of H.I.T Technologies by Vinshu(f): 9:10pm On Oct 11, 2014
Why can't he defend himself? he is a fraud!

This has proven it
Re: Fraudster Alert involving Hilary Iwenofu Of H.I.T Technologies by onyengbu: 10:59pm On Oct 11, 2014
When you term someone a fraud on a forum like this, you should at least tell the full story of your dealings with him as well as present proofs of your transactions.
You dont just call him a fraud to call him out and wait for him to say something first before elaborating on what actually happened. I am not holding any brief for the guy, but if you have to undertake something as big as killing someone's reputation (deservedly or not), you should make it clean.

*** This again touches on the issue being discussed on the other thread about charging too low for jobs. One of the result of charging too low for a job is abandoning the job in the middle of it. 35k is damn too low for a listing website. And that should have flagged something in your mind when you were negotiating.

Lastly, always demand for some sort of confirm-able identification before engaging people you cant reach physically.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fraudster Alert involving Hilary Iwenofu Of H.I.T Technologies by naijarates(m): 12:22am On Oct 12, 2014
The sooner Nigerians learn to rate top brands on the site on my signature the better for them. If we start rating brands and products we have used and others see the rating, it will help them in their choices and make the brands sit up.

Click the link on my signature to rate top Brands, products and people in Nigeria.
Re: Fraudster Alert involving Hilary Iwenofu Of H.I.T Technologies by GoldPencil: 7:31am On Oct 12, 2014
onyengbu:
When you term someone a fraud on a forum like this, you should at least tell the full story of your dealings with him as well as present proofs of your transactions.
You dont just call him a fraud to call him out and wait for him to say something first before elaborating on what actually happened. I am not holding any brief for the guy, but if you have to undertake something as big as killing someone's reputation (deservedly or not), you should make it clean.

*** This again touches on the issue being discussed on the other thread about charging too low for jobs. One of the result of charging too low for a job is abandoning the job in the middle of it. 35k is damn too low for a listing website. And that should have flagged something in your mind when you were negotiating.

Lastly, always demand for some sort of confirm-able identification before engaging people you cant reach physically.

i honestly dont know what story or proof you want again that hasnt been provided. the story is that he asked for 45 to do the whole job with a max time limit of 3weeks, he was given 30k and 2months later no sign of work in progress. on the issue of charging too low, how am i , the client supposed to know what is considered too low? i had sampled 6 other ppl before him and they all fell in the price range of 50 to 70k, na my fault? i have not put the receipt here because i feel its not the perfect time to reveal such, the snapshot email upthere at the beginning of the mail should suffice. i can provide the receipt here upon request if needed but the snapshots are enough unless you just dont want to be objective and see things for what they are. search his name sef on the site and u will see im not the only one he has done the prank with, the likes of @curiousmind and co will attest to this claim. for me its not about the money, i havent been largely affected by it but someone else will, and that is what i am trying to prevent with this thread. whether or not the money is too low for a listing site does not make what he has done to not be a fraud. if you are not fraudulent, then you will not accept the job at any price or you will refund the money and say you no do again. lets not make excuses for criminal acts, that is why nigeria is the way it is today.

1 Like

Re: Fraudster Alert involving Hilary Iwenofu Of H.I.T Technologies by GoldPencil: 7:57am On Oct 12, 2014
onyengbu:

People, please understand this when commenting, its not about price, it was never about the price, the average price quotes i received were from 50k to 70k and 45k isnt far off from 50. for all i know they cud be all frauds and i just took the cheapest option. its possible that i would have paid 1 million naira advance for the site even and he wouldnt do the job and just disappear with the money instead. if u have agreed to provide value for a sum and u don provide it after collecting money, then you are a fraud. The issue here is simply that Hilary Iwenofu is a fraud and his picture is here to help u steer clear of him and his fraudulent ways, that is all.
Re: Fraudster Alert involving Hilary Iwenofu Of H.I.T Technologies by Curiousmind(m): 4:07pm On Oct 12, 2014
@Jregz, how did Hilary defend himself on my thread? Hilary defrauded me of 5,000 naira which he confirmed openly of his crime on my thread but up till now he hasn't refunded my cash or proceed with my job. Hilary is a confirm fraud. I can attest to that any time, anywhere and any day. Hilary no longer picks my call or call me. Imagine, he even block me on whatsapp. Nairaland should do something about this Hilary guy and his likes. Thank you

Jregz:

Atleast he defended himself on the other thread even though he still sounded phoney https://www.nairaland.com/1901056/scam-alert-defrauded-web-designer

he was online.as at 6;36 pm yet he didn't try to clear himself of this mess ....I hope it isn't what am thinking about
Re: Fraudster Alert involving Hilary Iwenofu Of H.I.T Technologies by Curiousmind(m): 4:13pm On Oct 12, 2014
@GoldPencil, my story is similar to urs. Hilary Iwenofu is a FRAUD and he knows that. I am also testify against Hilary Iwenofu for defrauding me of 5,000 naira which up till now, he hasn't refunded me of my money or proceed with my job. This Hilary guy and his gang of frauds should be sent to kirikiri.

GoldPencil:

People, please understand this when commenting, its not about price, it was never about the price, the average price quotes i received were from 50k to 70k and 45k isnt far off from 50. for all i know they cud be all frauds and i just took the cheapest option. its possible that i would have paid 1 million naira advance for the site even and he wouldnt do the job and just disappear with the money instead. if u have agreed to provide value for a sum and u don provide it after collecting money, then you are a fraud. The issue here is simply that Hilary Iwenofu is a fraud and his picture is here to help u steer clear of him and his fraudulent ways, that is all.
Re: Fraudster Alert involving Hilary Iwenofu Of H.I.T Technologies by Curiousmind(m): 4:17pm On Oct 12, 2014
Bros, u don see am na say dis Hilary guy na thief?

guru01:
Re: Fraudster Alert involving Hilary Iwenofu Of H.I.T Technologies by Curiousmind(m): 4:22pm On Oct 12, 2014
The only reputation Hilary has is FRAUD REPUTATION. Hilary Iwenofu is a BAD THIEF. He should be on the run by now because very soon, him and his GANGS OF FRAUDSTERS will be apprehended.

Jregz:
Re: Fraudster Alert involving Hilary Iwenofu Of H.I.T Technologies by Curiousmind(m): 4:24pm On Oct 12, 2014
Front Page
Re: Fraudster Alert involving Hilary Iwenofu Of H.I.T Technologies by Nobody: 8:40pm On Oct 12, 2014
Curiousmind:
[/b] Hilary is a confirm fraud. I can attest to that any time, anywhere and any day. Hilary no longer picks my call or call me. Imagine, he even block me on whatsapp [/b]. Nairaland should do something about this Hilary guy and his likes. Thank you

Curiousmind:
The only reputation Hilary has is FRAUD REPUTATION. Hilary Iwenofu is a BAD THIEF. He should be on the run by now because very soon, him and his GANGS OF FRAUDSTERS will be apprehended.
am seriously dumb right now.... I pray he gets apprehended ASAP …………....
Re: Fraudster Alert involving Hilary Iwenofu Of H.I.T Technologies by GoldPencil: 9:46pm On Oct 12, 2014
Jregz:

am seriously dumb right now.... I pray he gets apprehended ASAP …………....
please lets get more people involved
Re: Fraudster Alert involving Hilary Iwenofu Of H.I.T Technologies by adewasco2k(m): 7:12am On Oct 13, 2014
Hmmmmm, I am watching and waiting for his defense....its so easy to nail him, if found wanting
Re: Fraudster Alert involving Hilary Iwenofu Of H.I.T Technologies by guru01(m): 8:16am On Oct 13, 2014
Hope he comes and defend his integrity.
You can get more of his details by visiting www.who.is
Re: Fraudster Alert involving Hilary Iwenofu Of H.I.T Technologies by hilaryiwens05: 9:51am On Oct 13, 2014
am not denying that i have collected part of the payment for the website. yes i have. but i have this to say. i gave my reasons to everybody while their work has not been completed but if you choose to still call me a fraud den i wont say anything until ur jobs are completed.

am only going to say one thing to you Curiousmind, you are calling me a fraud while you know am not one. i did your job and you rejected it. den i had to remove it. i had other clients waiting for their to be done. this is wat am going to do: am going to upload the previous one i designed and and finish it up. everybody can check www.georgeolaye.net by highest 1pm. if it surpasses today and you did not see the update on www.georgeolaye.net den i accept am a fraud. but if the website is done, den u will tell nairaland if a fraud will still go back and still complete ur work.

GoldPencil, the same prof you display here are whats on my mail. another still yet you deny it on whatsapp that you dont have anything to do with this. those mails where for www.9jacasting.com a job listing website. i might not know ur nairaland username but i have ur mails and ur numbers. am only going to say this, you can continue with all dis, but am going to give u a DEFINITE date when your website will be online and by den if its not. i will accept that am a fraud, but if you job is done by then you will come back here and tell nairaland if a fraudster will continue with ur job after all dis rubbish. if you want my house and office address u will have it becus am not running. www.9jacasting.com will be online on 1week from today which is 20th

and for nairaland, i hope you will be the judge of this when its finally over

3 Likes

Re: Fraudster Alert involving Hilary Iwenofu Of H.I.T Technologies by Nobody: 11:04am On Oct 13, 2014
@Hilary I think the best way to avoid this kinda ish is to always communicate with your clients and let em in on whats happening... If u keep em in the dark, I wont blame em if they tarnish ur image on a website like nairaland...
Now, anybody that googles ur name will see Scam written all over it.. You have a reputation to protect, Please do whats necessary...

3 Likes

Re: Fraudster Alert involving Hilary Iwenofu Of H.I.T Technologies by CMSguru: 11:41am On Oct 13, 2014
Re: Fraudster Alert involving Hilary Iwenofu Of H.I.T Technologies by fighalo(m): 4:21pm On Oct 13, 2014
mmmm.. Thank God 4 blogs oooo... gat no tym to pay 4 design
Thank God 4
Re: Fraudster Alert involving Hilary Iwenofu Of H.I.T Technologies by cbrass(m): 8:29pm On Oct 13, 2014
Jregz:

Is he not that same hillarywien or so shocked
Re: Fraudster Alert involving Hilary Iwenofu Of H.I.T Technologies by cbrass(m): 8:33pm On Oct 13, 2014
Hilaryiwens05 when I first saw this post I was shoucked but I refused to believe u will scam anyone here with your reputation, but try to find other ways to deal with your clients
Re: Fraudster Alert involving Hilary Iwenofu Of H.I.T Technologies by hilaryiwens05: 9:05pm On Oct 13, 2014
Guy...I did not scam anybody
cbrass:
Hilaryiwens05 when I first saw this post I was shoucked but I refused to believe u will scam anyone here with your reputation, but try to find other ways to deal with your clients
Re: Fraudster Alert involving Hilary Iwenofu Of H.I.T Technologies by cbrass(m): 2:47am On Oct 14, 2014
hilaryiwens05:
Guy...I did not scam anybody

I never said u did and that was why I didn't believe the story and felt there could have been a misunderstanding somewhere,
Re: Fraudster Alert involving Hilary Iwenofu Of H.I.T Technologies by onyengbu: 2:55am On Oct 14, 2014
hilaryiwens05:
am not denying that i have collected part of the payment for the website. yes i have. but i have this to say. i gave my reasons to everybody while their work has not been completed but if you choose to still call me a fraud den i wont say anything until ur jobs are completed.

am only going to say one thing to you Curiousmind, you are calling me a fraud while you know am not one. i did your job and you rejected it. den i had to remove it. i had other clients waiting for their to be done. this is wat am going to do: am going to upload the previous one i designed and and finish it up. everybody can check www.georgeolaye.net by highest 1pm. if it surpasses today and you did not see the update on www.georgeolaye.net den i accept am a fraud. but if the website is done, den u will tell nairaland if a fraud will still go back and still complete ur work.

GoldPencil, the same prof you display here are whats on my mail. another still yet you deny it on whatsapp that you dont have anything to do with this. those mails where for www.9jacasting.com a job listing website. i might not know ur nairaland username but i have ur mails and ur numbers. am only going to say this, you can continue with all dis, but am going to give u a DEFINITE date when your website will be online and by den if its not. i will accept that am a fraud, but if you job is done by then you will come back here and tell nairaland if a fraudster will continue with ur job after all dis rubbish. if you want my house and office address u will have it becus am not running. www.9jacasting.com will be online on 1week from today which is 20th

and for nairaland, i hope you will be the judge of this when its finally over
Guy, you are messing up your own reputation. Anyone who is serious with any kind of freelance job will never engage in what you are doing.

A freelancer gets over 80% of his jobs from previous clients and you dont need this kind of bad publicity. Nothing will kill your business faster than it.

If you were busy with something, why take more jobs. Even if you do, why not keep your clients in the know.

You are just not cut out for this, you should probably focus on your studies more.

1 Like

(1) (2)

7 Most Influential Tech Blogs According To Nigerian Bulletin / Gnigeria 2012 At Civic Centre In Lagos / [TUT] How To Bind Your Wapka Sites To Passport. "Simplified Tutorial".

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.