Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,829 members, 7,810,187 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:48 PM

3 Simple Ways 2 End Constant Bickering In Your Relationship - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 3 Simple Ways 2 End Constant Bickering In Your Relationship (1419 Views)

23 Romantic Ways 2 Keep Ur Man! / Ways To Stop Constant Fighting In A Relationship / 1 Of My Best Friend's Constant Veneration On My Mom :( (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 Simple Ways 2 End Constant Bickering In Your Relationship by mirexxx(f): 1:10pm On Oct 11, 2014
Here are the few things I've learned that can definitely help you to keep the fighting in your relationship to a minimum.

1. Don't TAKE COMPLAINTS SERIOUSLY: In the moments when a guy(gal) is grouchy due to something else going on,it's easy for them 2 find fault with everything around them. i.e You! maybe you forgot to wash d dishes or left the cap off the toothpaste for the 90th time. Regardless of the reasons,he is yelling at something u did and his Huber moodiness is directed to you. Although the natural human reaction is to fight yelling to yelling,but it will only escalate the fight to the next level(or five levels depending on how loud you are. Just remain calm and realize that you are not the cause of his anger and frustration. Keep yourself disengaged from the argument and you'll bring your partner back to a composed state. Its easier said than done but if you practice not taking certain complaints personally you'll find yourself arguing a lot less.

2. FORGET PLAYING DEFENSE: Trying to make yourself right in a fight,has a huge down side. You can make the other person fell not only wrong but stupid,unimportant, unloved,and fearful of speaking their mind again. Do that enough and your relationship will be irreparable. If your partner is genuinely upset at something you did,don't start attacking them back to invalidate their point. Be humble enough to listen to what he/she is trying to tell you because it bothers him/her. Because no one is perfect and you can always improve yourself. If u show your other half that you are always willing to try to do better, he will follow your example when you ask the same of him.

3. SAY THANK YOU EVERYDAY: Most of the times,the really bad fights happen because one person begins feel unappreciated, and their
feeling of being taken for granted comes to a head. You can stop a fight before it starts brewing just by telling your boy/girlfriend or spouse "Thank You Everyday". If u make saying thank you a religious practice, you'll never need divine intervention to save your relationship.

wish y'all a happy relationship/marriage with these few points!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Simple Ways 2 End Constant Bickering In Your Relationship by djeezy(m): 1:13pm On Oct 11, 2014
One person always controls the relationship. The person who loves less. When you dont let them have their way, bickering occurs. Nice thread btw.
Re: 3 Simple Ways 2 End Constant Bickering In Your Relationship by Nobody: 1:15pm On Oct 11, 2014
There's always somebody that love more in a relationship. And that person should be the one saying this. undecided
Re: 3 Simple Ways 2 End Constant Bickering In Your Relationship by mirexxx(f): 1:17pm On Oct 11, 2014
djeezy:
One person always controls the relationship. The person who loves less. When you dont let them have their way, bickering occurs. Nice thread btw.
yea,true. thanks
Re: 3 Simple Ways 2 End Constant Bickering In Your Relationship by mirexxx(f): 1:20pm On Oct 11, 2014
TrollMan:
There's always somebody that love more in a relationship. And that person should be the one saying this. undecided
undecided okay
Re: 3 Simple Ways 2 End Constant Bickering In Your Relationship by braine(m): 1:54pm On Oct 11, 2014
You forgot to include sincere apology.
Re: 3 Simple Ways 2 End Constant Bickering In Your Relationship by mirexxx(f): 4:51pm On Oct 11, 2014
braine:
thanks 4 adding 2 d list

1 Like

Re: 3 Simple Ways 2 End Constant Bickering In Your Relationship by decode55(m): 11:14pm On Oct 11, 2014
Mirexxx Mirexxx cheesy cheesy

it seems you're an expert on dating issues & all things related wink wink

Nice tips smiley smiley

Keep it up
Re: 3 Simple Ways 2 End Constant Bickering In Your Relationship by mirexxx(f): 10:44am On Oct 12, 2014
decode55:
Mirexxx Mirexxx cheesy cheesy

it seems you're an expert on dating issues & all things related wink wink

Nice tips smiley smiley

Keep it up
thanks

1 Like

Re: 3 Simple Ways 2 End Constant Bickering In Your Relationship by mirexxx(f): 11:59pm On Feb 22, 2015
braine:
oh yea smiley
Re: 3 Simple Ways 2 End Constant Bickering In Your Relationship by Enegod(m): 12:03am On Feb 23, 2015
smh
Re: 3 Simple Ways 2 End Constant Bickering In Your Relationship by mirexxx(f): 12:15am On Feb 23, 2015
shake it off undecided
Re: 3 Simple Ways 2 End Constant Bickering In Your Relationship by Enegod(m): 12:19am On Feb 23, 2015
mirexxx:
shake it off undecided
so, u remembered to reply him today after 4months..
Lord have mercy undecided
Re: 3 Simple Ways 2 End Constant Bickering In Your Relationship by mirexxx(f): 12:23am On Feb 23, 2015
Enegod:
so, u remembered to reply him today after 4months..
Lord have mercy undecided
lol was going thru my topics and i saw his post smiley
Re: 3 Simple Ways 2 End Constant Bickering In Your Relationship by Enegod(m): 12:31am On Feb 23, 2015
mirexxx:
lol was going thru my topics and i saw his post smiley
so, are we supposed to be happy because of it?
Why don't we allow a dead thread to remain dead angry
Re: 3 Simple Ways 2 End Constant Bickering In Your Relationship by mirexxx(f): 12:34am On Feb 23, 2015
Enegod:
so, are we supposed to be happy because of it?
Why don't we allow a dead thread to remain dead angry
don't make me slap u undecided
mind ur damn business undecided
Re: 3 Simple Ways 2 End Constant Bickering In Your Relationship by Enegod(m): 12:37am On Feb 23, 2015
mirexxx:
don't make me slap u undecided
mind ur damn business undecided
attitude!!

Re: 3 Simple Ways 2 End Constant Bickering In Your Relationship by mirexxx(f): 12:40am On Feb 23, 2015
Enegod:
attitude!!
attitude lol
who get time?
goodnyt smiley
Re: 3 Simple Ways 2 End Constant Bickering In Your Relationship by Enegod(m): 12:47am On Feb 23, 2015
mirexxx:
attitude lol
who get time?
goodnyt smiley
You too
Re: 3 Simple Ways 2 End Constant Bickering In Your Relationship by khassy(m): 1:54am On Feb 23, 2015
OK

we don here

..... NEXT

GEJ TILL 2019
Re: 3 Simple Ways 2 End Constant Bickering In Your Relationship by Elinob(m): 7:29am On Feb 23, 2015
But why some of us always take complaint seriously;
Re: 3 Simple Ways 2 End Constant Bickering In Your Relationship by mirexxx(f): 8:21am On Mar 26, 2015
Elinob:
But why some of us always take complaint seriously;
I dunno oooo

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Is This Weird? / 15 Things Every Young Man Should Know / 50 Important, Very Important Things Girls Should Realize About Guys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.