Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,740 members, 7,820,546 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:50 PM

Flavour Dropped From Caribbean Music Festival Over Fears Of Ebola - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Flavour Dropped From Caribbean Music Festival Over Fears Of Ebola (27846 Views)

2face, MI, 9ice, KSB, Others Perform At Kaduna Music Festival (photos) / Wizkid To Perform At Yahoo Wireless Music Festival / Dbanj Dropped From Good Music (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Flavour Dropped From Caribbean Music Festival Over Fears Of Ebola by hauwababy: 9:51pm On Oct 11, 2014
Nigerian musician Flavour Nabania has been dropped from the 18th edition of the World Creole Music Festival which takes place in the Caribbean island of Dominica over fears of Ebola. The announcement was made by their Prime Minister Roosevelt Skerrit who revealed that his decision is final. The musician who is supposed to have performed on October 25th has lost alot of money due to his exclusion from the concert.

The musician's picture which was on the music festival's website has equally been removed.

The Prime Minister said he is not prepared to embrace the visit of people from regions with Ebola....

“Until a firm grip is secured on this Ebola virus, the world has to pay special attention to region of its predominance.”

“West Africa, as I said previously, is once such region. I have reviewed the file with respect to the contractual arrangements entered into with the Flavour band out of Nigeria. To date a total of EC$147,000 has been expended on professional fees and international travel by this group.”
“Indeed, I would love if, by this time next year, the Ebola virus could have been brought under control, if not eradicated; regions around the world cleared of the threat of the virus, and entertainers, such as Flavour, could visit and perform in Dominica.”

“But, for the time being, I have advised the organizers of the World Creole Music Festival that the Government of Dominica would not be prepared at this time to sponsor or embrace the visit of persons from a universally recognized Zone One area of the dreaded Ebola virus.”

“Fellow Dominicans and friends, this is the decision of the Government! It is final!”

Source.... http://www.yeoal.com/2014/10/flavour-nabania-dropped-from.html

I understand he is trying to protect his people, but is this not discrimination?

2 Likes

Re: Flavour Dropped From Caribbean Music Festival Over Fears Of Ebola by Nobody: 10:25pm On Oct 11, 2014
his country,his decision.
*modified.
First to comment,thank you Jah for dis day,though am nt in church,bless every nairalander viewing this,grant them their heart desires in earnest and pour ur sunshine 'pon their lives.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Flavour Dropped From Caribbean Music Festival Over Fears Of Ebola by scobaba: 5:44am On Oct 12, 2014
I'm currently in Milan Italy for a training(job related). All the while I had been getting along with all my colleagues from other countries around the world.

On wednesday, I got called out while in the middle of a group work presentation.
The lady 'politely' announced to the whole class I had to be excused for a few minutes for 'ebola awareness'.

By the time I came back to class 20minutes later....i had no friend again.

I later complained to the training organisers and the lady came back next day to explain to the class, it was nothing serious, just a little. Chit chat required with all 'ebola countries' participants, but for wier, the harm had already been done.....everybody avoided me, except the Angola and Ghana participants.

The Ebola stigma for Nigeria, is still very much out there.

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Flavour Dropped From Caribbean Music Festival Over Fears Of Ebola by Nobody: 7:17am On Oct 12, 2014
Oops shocked That's sad. Ebola, see what you've caused. Enh cry

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flavour Dropped From Caribbean Music Festival Over Fears Of Ebola by kenbee(f): 7:17am On Oct 12, 2014
hauwababy:

The Prime Minister said he is not prepared to embrace the visit of people from regions with Ebola....

Neither are we ready to risk our beloved Super Star "Flavour" to their present Ebola newly found region!

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flavour Dropped From Caribbean Music Festival Over Fears Of Ebola by yuzjet(m): 7:17am On Oct 12, 2014
Racist everywhere in d name of Ebola. We shall overcome it.

4 Likes

Re: Flavour Dropped From Caribbean Music Festival Over Fears Of Ebola by Nobody: 7:17am On Oct 12, 2014
Pele Flavour.
I suppose conducting a test for all artist was only appropriate.
That is uncalled for really and it smells foul.

2 Likes

Re: Flavour Dropped From Caribbean Music Festival Over Fears Of Ebola by marieolae(f): 7:17am On Oct 12, 2014
I understand that they are trying to be safe, but this is complete nonsense. They could have just checked his medical health instead of discriminating the whole of west africa. This is not fair. There making it look as if we are infected monsters! Nonsense

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Flavour Dropped From Caribbean Music Festival Over Fears Of Ebola by QMark: 7:18am On Oct 12, 2014
yuzjet:
Racist

How is fear of Ebola racism?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Flavour Dropped From Caribbean Music Festival Over Fears Of Ebola by richardjemedafe1(m): 7:18am On Oct 12, 2014
You know those pretty girls?
Those girls that are from the rich families?
Yea!
Those very beautiful, fresh, hot, sexy and well-fed
ladies?
Those types that their parents showers them with cash
anyhow?
Those types that lives in luxury, in mansions and relax
in swimming pools all day everyday?
Those types that fix only human hairs and not cheap
hairs like Daniella, expression etc?
Those girls that uses tablets, iphones, galaxy and all
those expensive gadgets?
Those girls that have never sat on a Keke Napep
before?
Those girls that can give millions to their online
boyfriends?

Biko!
Plsssssssssss!
When will I ever find one of them here on Nairaland??

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Flavour Dropped From Caribbean Music Festival Over Fears Of Ebola by djeezy(m): 7:18am On Oct 12, 2014
why drop him, why not screen him properly if they're scared. And for the record there is no ebola in Nigeria. These people can be annoying sometimes. When will this stigma end. Rubbish.

2 Likes

Re: Flavour Dropped From Caribbean Music Festival Over Fears Of Ebola by Clone2020(m): 7:18am On Oct 12, 2014
Taking necessary precautions
Re: Flavour Dropped From Caribbean Music Festival Over Fears Of Ebola by Blackchampion(m): 7:19am On Oct 12, 2014
Mr. Prime Minister cud u pls tell d truth behind dis removal and not dis c.ock n bull story. Thank u

1 Like

Re: Flavour Dropped From Caribbean Music Festival Over Fears Of Ebola by Vanpascore(m): 7:19am On Oct 12, 2014
I cant blame dem, prevention is better than cure. Best of Luck next time Flavour.
Re: Flavour Dropped From Caribbean Music Festival Over Fears Of Ebola by adewasco2k(m): 7:19am On Oct 12, 2014
They just hate Africans period .....I don't think a US citizen will be treated the sane way #racism

3 Likes

Re: Flavour Dropped From Caribbean Music Festival Over Fears Of Ebola by Daslim180(m): 7:19am On Oct 12, 2014
let them go to hell.......... !

1 Like

Re: Flavour Dropped From Caribbean Music Festival Over Fears Of Ebola by baski92(m): 7:19am On Oct 12, 2014
Ehya poor boy..... Wetin dis white pple take we Africans 4?
Re: Flavour Dropped From Caribbean Music Festival Over Fears Of Ebola by Nobody: 7:19am On Oct 12, 2014
Flavour that means no carribean ashaawo for u dis year b dat sorry ooooo

1 Like

Re: Flavour Dropped From Caribbean Music Festival Over Fears Of Ebola by psychologist(m): 7:20am On Oct 12, 2014
Call me
Re: Flavour Dropped From Caribbean Music Festival Over Fears Of Ebola by tigonana: 7:20am On Oct 12, 2014
'Kk
Re: Flavour Dropped From Caribbean Music Festival Over Fears Of Ebola by korel9: 7:20am On Oct 12, 2014
Very simple, come back home. undecided

1 Like

Re: Flavour Dropped From Caribbean Music Festival Over Fears Of Ebola by uken73(m): 7:20am On Oct 12, 2014
This is getting too much. I hope this discrimination is also meted out to the Ebola affected non-African countries too.

Re: Flavour Dropped From Caribbean Music Festival Over Fears Of Ebola by Iceking1(m): 7:20am On Oct 12, 2014
The fear of ebola is d begining of W..... Like seriously hiv na omomo 4 were ebola dey, hiv will kill u in 8 to 10yrs bt ebola cn kill u in jst 21days and contracting ebola is far more easier dan hiv... God bless the Federal Republic Of Nigeria... ...God bless all our APC and PDP leaders... If u blive Nigeria is totally free 4rm ebola & ebola is no longer coming back hit Like

10 Likes

Re: Flavour Dropped From Caribbean Music Festival Over Fears Of Ebola by Smartlux(m): 7:20am On Oct 12, 2014
hehehe,, #walks outa thread

1 Like

Re: Flavour Dropped From Caribbean Music Festival Over Fears Of Ebola by kolomax(m): 7:20am On Oct 12, 2014
Carri waiting not even € country angry
Re: Flavour Dropped From Caribbean Music Festival Over Fears Of Ebola by manuelpepper: 7:20am On Oct 12, 2014
flavour......sawyer don spoil market for you ooooo.

Nigerians make una see wetin sawyer don do us.
Re: Flavour Dropped From Caribbean Music Festival Over Fears Of Ebola by otunbakolawole(m): 7:21am On Oct 12, 2014
Good radiance to bad rubbish
Re: Flavour Dropped From Caribbean Music Festival Over Fears Of Ebola by Chiefpriest1(m): 7:21am On Oct 12, 2014
So, every nigerian now has ebola? Stuupid mofos. Are they not aware we successfully routed the disease?

1 Like

Re: Flavour Dropped From Caribbean Music Festival Over Fears Of Ebola by odepacy: 7:21am On Oct 12, 2014
Brother forget wot minster said our lovely nigeria
Ebola nor ebola nigeria is goin higher

2 Likes

Re: Flavour Dropped From Caribbean Music Festival Over Fears Of Ebola by pontirock(m): 7:21am On Oct 12, 2014
Dey Go Soon Come Too Beg Lyk USA

3 Likes

Re: Flavour Dropped From Caribbean Music Festival Over Fears Of Ebola by Bensondrums(m): 7:22am On Oct 12, 2014
Bt dey would ve tested him t see he is ebola free..y re dey doing dis t nigerians?even after knwing nigeria is nw ebola free yet d stigma is still dere...OK.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Davido Signs Deal With Sony BMG Music New York - 9janewsarena.com / Timi Dakolo, His Wife And Children In Canoe In Bayelsa (Photo) / Iyanya Talks About Karma, Shades Ubi Franklin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.