Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,746 members, 7,827,752 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:21 PM

Super Eagles Can Still Qualify For AFCON 2015. - Sports (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Super Eagles Can Still Qualify For AFCON 2015. (36656 Views)

Nigerians Blame Sunday Oliseh For Nigeria's Failure To Qualify For AFCON 2017 / Super Eagles Can Still Qualify For Morocco 2015 / Super Eagles Can Kill Someone!: Keshi Laments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Super Eagles Can Still Qualify For AFCON 2015. by IYANGBALI: 5:21pm On Oct 12, 2014
cotzywitzy:
I don't know if anyone get to observe the Sudanese coach... he was screaming at any player that is acting sluggish or not playing to instruction... look at Keshi... he can't cos he's collecting bribe from few of them so he cant scream at them.... coach that his scared to scold players... I trust SiaSia Mikel would never be on his list... Keshi is just an Arrogant bastard and peacock.... make SE dey thank God say surulere stadium don spoil if to say Na surulere stadium I trust my lagosian people dem go beat keshi join all of em... lagosians r very passionate when it comes to football and dey expect the best.... Keshi must Go
gbam

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Can Still Qualify For AFCON 2015. by Raiders: 5:41pm On Oct 12, 2014
mpowa:

An retaining him will take it forward?

Is it because the NFF owed him that he can't put a winning team together? is that why he sidelines the best players in the squad and call players from Malta, is that why he keep on rebuilding forever? no NFF is not Keshi's problem, he knew that they'll eventually pay him so all he need to do is to deliver so that the money he collects will be deserved. Keshi is not the only national team coach, the women's coaches, the age grade coaches also have thesame issues of not been paid as due, but they never give this funny excuse for lack of performance. The last tournament where our under 21 girl reached final, the football house was in disorder, they treat this girls and their coaches far worse than they treat eagles and Keshi, but you'll never hear any funny excuse, they just deliver. That doesn't mean that i support NFF's ways, but if football is your business, your passion, the success comes first, when you succeed people will even fight for you, as a SE coach, there are other opportunities apart from your salaries, endorsements, contracts etc. that other coaches are not enjoying, Abeg! no excuse should be given for failure Jo!
how will you call keshi a failure to Nigeria football? Keshi broke a 20 years jink by winning the nations cup. He qualified us to the world cup and won our first world cup game since 1998. Nigerians has amnesia and we are so quick to forget. The problem is not with Keshi but with our FA. People are calling Keshi arrogant and selfish. Our will you feel if you are not paid for over 5 months and you are not protected by a contract.
In football, you don't always win sometimes you lose. Keshi is not the problem but NFF is to be blamed for our failures since after the world cup. Also which of our best players did Keshi sideline? Is it martins that plays in a weak US league or Kalu that don't listen to coach instructions. Most of the other players not featured were injured or currently not in the good form. Keshi still remain Nigerian best coach and the current CAF coach of the year . replacing him will do no good but take us back to another 20 years of not winning a trophy. The NFF needs to support Keshi and offer him a contract to motivate him.
Re: Super Eagles Can Still Qualify For AFCON 2015. by niggereyez(f): 5:42pm On Oct 12, 2014
wait lemme get my casio scientific calculator. .. grin
Re: Super Eagles Can Still Qualify For AFCON 2015. by onatisi(m): 5:43pm On Oct 12, 2014
baba11:
we still have hope bro..NFF crisis also contributed to our woeful performance!!!
bros with all due expect , nff crisis has nothing to do with this. Nff has given keshi and the team handlers a free hand in choosing players. The nff didn't pick the players keshi did,the nff didn't choose the first 11 players keshi did,the nff are not the ones responsible for dishing out technical details before and during the match that is keshi duty and so far keshi hasn't come out to say that the nff interfered with his job ,so the woeful performance is solely keshi fault and I don't think he should try and shift the blame . Although I am not canvassing or advocating for his removal . As for qualifying from our group ,bros forget it ,remember what the first 2 teams need to do is win 1 and draw 1 and that is all
Re: Super Eagles Can Still Qualify For AFCON 2015. by Raiders: 5:48pm On Oct 12, 2014
onatisi:
bros with all due expect , nff crisis has nothing to do with this. Nff has given keshi and the team handlers a free hand in choosing players. The nff didn't pick the players keshi did,the nff didn't choose the first 11 players keshi did,the nff are not the ones responsible for dishing out technical details before and during the match that is keshi duty and so far keshi hasn't come out to say that the nff interfered with his job ,so the woeful performance is solely keshi fault and I don't think he should try and shift the blame . Although I am not canvassing or advocating for his removal . As for qualifying from our group ,bros forget it ,remember what the first 2 teams need to do is win 1 and draw 1 and t
hat is all
you forgot to add the NFF refused to offer him a contract and don't support him. He has not been paid since the world cup because he is out of contract. The NFF need to motivate and support keshi. Would you performed well in your job if your boss don't pay you for over 5 months?
Re: Super Eagles Can Still Qualify For AFCON 2015. by onatisi(m): 6:12pm On Oct 12, 2014
Raiders:
you forgot to add the NFF refused to offer him a contract and don't support him. He has not been paid since the world cup because he is out of contract. The NFF need to motivate and support keshi. Would you performed well in your job if your boss don't pay you for over 5 months?
I understand bros ,but nff crises has got nothing to do with keshi making sound technical decisions . I didn't watch the match but from comments of people here it seems the team performed below par .the nff wanted to get keshi a foreign technical assistant but he refused . The problem is with the team,until keshi is sacked nigerians won't know what is going on in that team but I have the opinion that the team is not united and that there is bitterness withing the players ,that may be the reason they are not giving out their best.most likely the players don't like keshi anymore
Re: Super Eagles Can Still Qualify For AFCON 2015. by Nobody: 6:16pm On Oct 12, 2014
yinkard4me:
First of all NFF should sack Keshi with immediate effect and replace him with someone that can handle the team better.Keshi is a good coach no doubt but he is very stubborn and too sentimental towards his players and he
has darely paid for it.
NOW:
* S/Africa - 7 pts
* Congo - 6 pts
* Sudan - 3 pts
* Nigeria - 1 pts
If South Africa shuld beat Congo on wed in their home, they will hv 10 pts and Congo will remain with 6 pts.
A draw will see them be on 8 pts and 7 pts respectively, Congo beating South Africa which is not likely to happen.
Nigeria will beat Sudan with another coach, (Not Keshi) And they will be on 4 pts and Sudan will remain on 3pts and hopefully a draw or loss not definitely going to happen again, Anyway thats our prayer sha!
Then our next match will be away to play Congo. Lets assume Congo loses or plays a draw against S/Africa. Then they will still be on 6pts or 7pts and Nigeria on 4pts.For us to beat them, the interim coach shuld call back players like Martins, Ike Uche, Sunday Mba, Ogbeche, Bright Dike if possible bring bck all our best legs.
Believe me we re going to trash Congo, then we will hv 7pts with good goal difference.Authomatically we would be second on the table. S/Africa and Sudan result is not our concern anymore, The same good players we gonna use to defeat Congo, we re going to use them again against S/Africa here in Nigeria as well. If we eventually beat S/Africa
which i know is very possible with our strong attack and history against them, then we will hv 10 pts. We'll be second on the log with 10 pts behind S/Africa and we would hv qualified.
But first we need to pray for S/Africa to beat Congo on wed for us to have a chance.

Please, are you YOHAIG? If you are not, then do the right thing. Credit the blog for this information.

You can't just lift stuffs from a blog and republish it without giving credits.

If you are YOHAIG, I am sorry. But if you are not, then you are a thief.

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Can Still Qualify For AFCON 2015. by dabossman(m): 6:22pm On Oct 12, 2014
Raiders:

Bro, stop wasting your time trying to convince these folks. It is the Nigerian way. We always leave the real issues and chase shadows. Today it is Keshi. Before then it was Amodu, Christian Chukwu, Eguaveon, Berti Vogts, Lagerback and Siasia. When things go wrong we always centre everything around the coach.

We don't address the issues of player development. We have this false belief that we are blessed wth the best footballers in the world playing on the streets of Nigeria; as if playing monkey post is how you develop world class talent. At present I make bold to say that there is no Nigerian player that is in the top ten of his position worldwide save for maybe Enyeama. In fact make that top 20..., wait top 30. From defence to attack we have mediocre talent, yet we hype them like they are the next best discovery since ice cream.

The same people clamouring for IK Uche now, clamoured for Mikel's inclusion just two years ago when Siasia was coach. Mind you the same Uche could not single handedly qualifier us for 2012 Afcon, yet we think he can miraculously play from defence to attack and win us games. Did the inclusion of Osaze win us the World Cup? Our players are ordinary; playing for clubs that are not in the top 20 teams in the world.

Amuneke was signed by Barcelona for God's sake. Oliseh played for Ajax, juventus, Borrusia Dortmund; Taribo played for both Inter and AC Milan. Finidi was one of the best right wingers at a time; Okocha was a highly rated nom10. Today all we hear is this-spor and that-spor. Not even the Spur that matters.

We don't have any player to my knowledge who is the dedicated free-kick or corner-kick taker for their club like Okocha was for Bolton. If their club coaches who they see every day in training can't make them set-piece experts, is it the national team coach they see once in a while for 5 days that will turn them to experts? Our players are lazy and unambitious. All they care about is money, not excellence in their craft. Breaking out of Naija poverty is the only thing they aspire to. Ask any player in the local league, if in doubt.

4 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Can Still Qualify For AFCON 2015. by diamond4life: 6:24pm On Oct 12, 2014
well, nigeria can still qualify by winning all of our next 3 games, and not depending on what the others play, at least second place with 10pnts. but wait o, everybody is shouting 'bring martins and ik uche' how do we easily forget just how many years ago, what did these people achieve when they were wearing the green and white. rmb the 2010 wc. and again since martins and uche stated playing for the super eagles, the keep falling until keshi come and say bye to them, afcon 2006 -3rd place, 2008 q/final, 2010
Re: Super Eagles Can Still Qualify For AFCON 2015. by MrBuzy: 6:29pm On Oct 12, 2014
I wish that Federal Government will start paying Calculator Allowance when ever our dear Super Eagles are playing qualifies.
Re: Super Eagles Can Still Qualify For AFCON 2015. by rhames(m): 6:59pm On Oct 12, 2014
I think the NFF or whatever they refer to themselves should not rely on arithmetics and algebra to qualify for the nations cup. They should focus on building a very cohesive and disciplined team or teams with not just the best and the most committed players but with those who are willing to pour their best at anytime for our great country. Much should be learnt from the coaches who led Nigeria from 1989 to 1996 who never tolerated indiscipline from any ego bloated player but fielded the best and commited on merit not names. The major focus now is to start building a team for the next world cup in Russia in 2018 and the AFCON in 2017. A great team takes years to build. The NFF , NRA and Coaches association should also organises courses or send their members to refresher courses as done from the 70's through the 90's. Wishing the eagles the best of luck. cheesy
Re: Super Eagles Can Still Qualify For AFCON 2015. by rhames(m): 7:11pm On Oct 12, 2014
dabossman:

Bro, stop wasting your time trying to convince these folks. It is the Nigerian way. We always leave the real issues and chase shadows. Today it is Keshi. Before then it was Amodu, Christian Chukwu, Eguaveon, Berti Vogts, Lagerback and Siasia. When things go wrong we always centre everything around the coach.

We don't address the issues of player development. We have this false belief that we are blessed wth the best footballers in the world playing on the streets of Nigeria; as if playing monkey post is how you develop world class talent. At present I make bold to say that there is no Nigerian player that is in the top ten of his position worldwide save for maybe Enyeama. In fact make that top 20..., wait top 30. From defence to attack we have mediocre talent, yet we hype them like they are the next best discovery since ice cream.

The same people clamouring for IK Uche now, clamoured for Mikel's inclusion just two years ago when Siasia was coach. Mind you the same Uche could not single handedly qualifier us for 2012 Afcon, yet we think he can miraculously play from defence to attack and win us games. Did the inclusion of Osaze win us the World Cup? Our players are ordinary; playing for clubs that are not in the top 20 teams in the world.

Amuneke was signed by Barcelona for God's sake. Oliseh played for Ajax, juventus, Borrusia Dortmund; Taribo played for both Inter and AC Milan. Finidi was one of the best right wingers at a time; Okocha was a highly rated nom10. Today all we hear is this-spor and that-spor. Not even the Spur that matters.

We don't have any player to my knowledge who is the dedicated free-kick or corner-kick taker for their club like Okocha was for Bolton. If their club coaches who they see every day in training can't make them set-piece experts, is it the national team coach they see once in a while for 5 days that will turn them to experts? Our players are lazy and unambitious. All they care about is money, not excellence in their craft. Breaking out of Naija poverty is the only thing they aspire to. Ask any player in the local league, if in doubt.

Hitting the nail on the right spot.
Re: Super Eagles Can Still Qualify For AFCON 2015. by sabdaz: 7:48pm On Oct 12, 2014
We shouldn't have been in this situation in the first place. So,leave this calculation.
The only way we can qualify is if CAF bans an ebook ridden qualified nation and we are the best loser.
Wo, just forget it. Let's throw our weights behind the super falcons.
Re: Super Eagles Can Still Qualify For AFCON 2015. by FemoLondon: 8:23pm On Oct 12, 2014
Well the hosts want to cancel AFCON 2015, this might actually work in super eagles favour so that the shame of not qualifying is averted.
Re: Super Eagles Can Still Qualify For AFCON 2015. by RealOdades: 8:45pm On Oct 12, 2014
thats a big lie nigeria cannot qualify
Re: Super Eagles Can Still Qualify For AFCON 2015. by Realist2: 9:14pm On Oct 12, 2014
[quote
author=Oklander post=27071345]Naija should just win the remaining 3
matches and we are good to go. Meanwhile, Keshi should be sacked now or
after the qualifications, whatever the outcome. The guy is a good of
example for the saying; pride goes be4 a fall. Wtf is wrong with that
guy...
Exactly you,ve just said my mind
Re: Super Eagles Can Still Qualify For AFCON 2015. by lorddubic: 11:40pm On Oct 12, 2014
Super eagles breaking peoples heart since 2AD
Re: Super Eagles Can Still Qualify For AFCON 2015. by perfectcrush(m): 3:34am On Oct 13, 2014
Who cares! Up falcons jare
Re: Super Eagles Can Still Qualify For AFCON 2015. by Nobody: 5:56am On Oct 13, 2014
Whenever your destiny is no longer in your hand it's hard to fulfil it.
Re: Super Eagles Can Still Qualify For AFCON 2015. by Myself2(m): 6:02am On Oct 13, 2014
Oh dear,the calculators have come out again
I thougth we were done with calculators.
Well OP,thanks for the analysis sha and mathematically it's possible but something drastic has to be done,and that is a coach either Keshi or another coach should invite more players(not necesarrily Ike Uche) and BENCH MIKEL
Re: Super Eagles Can Still Qualify For AFCON 2015. by Goke7: 9:51am On Oct 13, 2014
dabossman:

On point man, this is what I have been trying to say, we lack talent in this present generation of Nigerian players and we keep deceiving ourselves and blaming the coach all the time, emenike last scored for the eagles a year ago, people keep blaming the midfield and [ideye who we all clamour to be dropped] for emenike's woes, how petty we have become defending awful and below average players and putting all the blame on keshi, even under a new coach, this present players will struggle if you like bring martins and uche [they are all average players] if not martins will be in europe and uche will be playing for a bigger club]

way to go is going for fresh and younger players who are hungry and willing to make names for themselves. Our present players made a lot of money from the world cup and they are okay with their level of success we keep seeing pictures of their latest cars on instagam, they've all reached their peak and not willing to go any further, that's why they will blame the pitch for their woes, its not acceptable.

lastly, keshi is not under any contract and so can't be sacked, he will simply walk away but the question still remains who will replace keshi? I hope he's not a coach who have been idle for some time now
Re: Super Eagles Can Still Qualify For AFCON 2015. by unitysheart(m): 10:32am On Oct 13, 2014
I no want make Nigeria qualify sef. I want make NFF continue with Keshi so that he can be humiliated thoroughly. Then he will have no country to coach again. Stupid foolish man.
Re: Super Eagles Can Still Qualify For AFCON 2015. by Nobody: 11:00am On Oct 13, 2014
Goke7:

way to go is going for fresh and younger players who are hungry and willing to make names for themselves. Our present players made a lot of money from the world cup and they are okay with their level of success we keep seeing pictures of their latest cars on instagam, they've all reached their peak and not willing to go any further, that's why they will blame the pitch for their woes, its not acceptable.
lastly, keshi is not under any contract and so can't be sacked, he will simply walk away but the question still remains who will replace keshi? I hope he's not a coach who have been idle for some time now

And whose duty is it to find those "hungry players" for the national team?
And is it compulsory to coach when you don't have a contract?

dabossman:

Except that none of the coaches/managers whom you listed were left with 1 point from a possible 9 after half way point of qualification. Except that Nigerian sides we

Which shadows are Nigerians chasing here?
The one that Keshi drops all players who were instrumental in his success and invites players who are inferior?
Or the one in which Keshi cannot see that a number of his present squad are just journeymen who aren't adding anything new to the squad?
Or the one in which Keshi deliberately dragged this contract saga with his unrealistic demands as manager of the Super Eagles that has brought us to this point?

Nigerians are generally unrealistic, but in this one, Keshi cannot extract himself.
1 point of 9 cannot be excused against the likes of Sudan and Congo. Keshi is currently our head coach and this poor showing cannot be excluded, no matter what you say.
Re: Super Eagles Can Still Qualify For AFCON 2015. by Goke7: 11:49am On Oct 13, 2014
StarBoard:

And whose duty is it to find those "hungry players" for the national team?
And is it compulsory to coach when you don't have a contract?

Except that none of the coaches/managers whom you listed were left with 1 point from a possible 9 after half way point of qualification. Except that Nigerian sides we

Which shadows are Nigerians chasing here?
The one that Keshi drops all players who were instrumental in his success and invites players who are inferior?
Or the one in which Keshi cannot see that a number of his present squad are just journeymen who aren't adding anything new to the squad?
Or the one in which Keshi deliberately dragged this contract saga with his unrealistic demands as manager of the Super Eagles that has brought us to this point?

Nigerians are generally unrealistic, but in this one, Keshi cannot extract himself.
1 point of 9 cannot be excused against the likes of Sudan and Congo. Keshi is currently our head coach and this poor showing cannot be excluded, no matter what you say.

stop all this your ranting, if you guys don't want keshi, then tell him to go away, no coach remains forever, if you guys were so confident of replacing keshi you would have done that long time ago especially after the world cup but alas there's no replacement and that's why even the new nff is calling for patience, there is no future plan for our football anywhere, that's why we keep chasing shadows by sacking coaches and calling them back when we feel their successors are worse, is that how to run football professionally? or is it when its six months to a world cup we start looking for a foreign coach who will come and bolt away with our tax payers money?

Nff has enter one chance, they think keshi is the one being disgraced here, am waiting for their so called replacement for keshi, something tells we are heading backwards i won't be surprised if amodu, siasia or chukwu sef will be recalled to coach eagles, that is who we are, we are not sincere with ourselves and we don't know what we want period.
Re: Super Eagles Can Still Qualify For AFCON 2015. by Nobody: 11:58am On Oct 13, 2014
dabossman:

valid points even though we've lived with these issues for ever so I'm wondering when the panacea would be found for this problem.
Westerhof, Bonfrere succeeded despite this, so why is Keshi the savior suddenly struggling with this?

dabossman:

It is clear you just want to side with Keshi on the basis of a Nations Cup win that some could tag as flukey.
When folks clamour for Uche, it is because he is the best striker we have presently.
You talk about past players who were in the elite clubs in their erstwhile career, yet you want to discredit someone who scored how many goals for Villareal in the Primera Liga division.
Was Kalu Uche the only one in the squad that failed to qualify for AFCON 2012?
Didn't Enyeama, Mikel, Ambrose, Emenike, Musa not play that fateful game in which we drew 2-2 with Guinea that cost us qualification?
didn't Uche score one and assist another despite starting as a sub?
Aren't they part of the present set up of the Super Eagles?
why aren't the others listed above excluded from the super Eagles, according to your logic of failure?
What exactly is your argument?

If Keshi cannot find the correct way to deploy Ikechukwu Uche to full effect then we can start looking at his qualifications for being a coach.

And as for the Olisehs, Ikpebas and Okochas you listed above, you forget that it was largely the scouting work of Westerhoff who ensured that they got good contacts that set them on their way to play for some of the clubs they eventually did.

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Can Still Qualify For AFCON 2015. by Nobody: 11:59am On Oct 13, 2014
Goke7:

stop all this your ranting, if you guys don't want keshi, then tell him to go away, no coach remains forever, if you guys were so confident of replacing keshi you would have done that long time ago especially after the world cup but alas there's no replacement and that's why even the new nff is calling for patience, there is no future plan for our football anywhere, that's why we keep chasing shadows by sacking coaches and calling them back when we feel their successors are worse, is that how to run football professionally? or is it when its six months to a world cup we start looking for a foreign coach who will come and bolt away with our tax payers money?

Nff has enter one chance, they think keshi is the one being disgraced here, am waiting for their so called replacement for keshi, something tells we are heading backwards i won't be surprised if amodu, siasia or chukwu sef will be recalled to coach eagles, that is who we are, we are not sincere with ourselves and we don't know what we want period.
I thought I was discussing with someone sensible.

Forgive me.
Re: Super Eagles Can Still Qualify For AFCON 2015. by Goke7: 12:05pm On Oct 13, 2014
StarBoard:

I thought I was discussing with someone sensible.

Forgive me.

Oh it is you that is o sensible with all your sentimental points abi?
Re: Super Eagles Can Still Qualify For AFCON 2015. by Nobody: 12:09pm On Oct 13, 2014
Goke7:

Oh it is you that is o sensible with all your sentimental points abi?
I say you should forgive me na.

I thought that you were actually sensible.

My fault.
Re: Super Eagles Can Still Qualify For AFCON 2015. by just2simple: 12:29pm On Oct 13, 2014
Does ths also apply to women wit overly plumb bossoms? Just thinkin of d -ve effect it wil create on d streets.
Re: Super Eagles Can Still Qualify For AFCON 2015. by boujaye: 12:46pm On Oct 13, 2014
Baddestguyp:
I believe we'll still.qualify, all hope is not lost
only if keshi is sacked!
Re: Super Eagles Can Still Qualify For AFCON 2015. by boujaye: 12:49pm On Oct 13, 2014
omoagbeke:
Pinnick's first assignment should be to sack keshi
pinnick or pickin?? just asking sha
Re: Super Eagles Can Still Qualify For AFCON 2015. by Ashyrule: 1:12pm On Oct 13, 2014
yinkard4me:

Its not a dream bruh, if all d aforementioned re achieved, we'll qualify.

"IF" grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Rape Scandal: Cristiano Ronaldo To Sue Der Spiegel, German Magazine / "No Gree For Anybody": Multichoice Makes U-turn, To air All AFCON Matches live / FIFA Approves Arthur Okonkwo's Nationality Switch To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.