Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,060 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:13 AM

Super Eagles Can Still Qualify For AFCON 2015. - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Super Eagles Can Still Qualify For AFCON 2015. (36626 Views)

Nigerians Blame Sunday Oliseh For Nigeria's Failure To Qualify For AFCON 2017 / Super Eagles Can Still Qualify For Morocco 2015 / Super Eagles Can Kill Someone!: Keshi Laments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Super Eagles Can Still Qualify For AFCON 2015. by saymalcolm(m): 12:18pm On Oct 12, 2014
People have failed to realize that Nigeria's win of the African Cup of Nations was nothing other than pure luck. Keshi is no coaching genius and the worst part is that we do not have a team. You can build on success but you can't build on luck.

Nuff said.

2 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Can Still Qualify For AFCON 2015. by Nobody: 12:19pm On Oct 12, 2014
nigerians bin permutating for super eagles since 820AD
Re: Super Eagles Can Still Qualify For AFCON 2015. by Lilswaghanxum(m): 12:21pm On Oct 12, 2014
chijioke70:
I wouldn't nigeria to qualify. The reason is not far fetched,it will enable us to go back to the drawing board and reorganise.
guy,the drawing board is filled up
Re: Super Eagles Can Still Qualify For AFCON 2015. by wordychap: 12:22pm On Oct 12, 2014
Stop dreaming, Nigeria lost qualification after d goalless draw against SA.
Re: Super Eagles Can Still Qualify For AFCON 2015. by Yemisi63: 12:25pm On Oct 12, 2014
Lmaooooooooo. This blog is bloody hilarious. Been laughing all day http://www.naijasinglegirl.net
Re: Super Eagles Can Still Qualify For AFCON 2015. by supereagle(m): 12:28pm On Oct 12, 2014
Baddestguyp:
I believe we'll still.qualify, all hope is not lost
If Congo and South Africa did not fix their mathes. Time up for Keshi.
Re: Super Eagles Can Still Qualify For AFCON 2015. by onatisi(m): 12:32pm On Oct 12, 2014
jasper7:

You are somewhat right but let me explain how mikel takes all the blame. If he has been given the huge responsibility of leading the team from midfield then more is expected from him. Using fabregas as a case study. Ever since fabregas joined Chelsea, he has been somewhat a leader from midfield. Teams don't have the luxury of attacking chelsea often because most times fab is pushing the ball forward to the attackers. The defenders don't have the luxury of making mistakes cos most of the time, the opponents don't see the ball. Fabregas hardly loses the ball, and 85% of his passes are accurate and creative. So... why won't the attackers play well? If they receive the ball on time and accurately? Musa has to come back to drag the ball from midfield. Mikel should be dropped, onazi is enuf cover for defense. We now need someone who can push attack
bros with all due respect , comparing chelsea with the super eagles is like comparing oyo town to new york or tokyo. First of all chelsea has a world class coach with wealth of experience and who is known to always stand on what he believes in , secondly the calibre of players chelsea parade is far better and don't forget that in chelsea there is always an equally good substitute for every first team player. Now coming back to the nigerian case ,the prooblem with this team starts with keshi , he keeps saying he is building for how many years? Secondly if mikel has lost form why can't the coach field another player ?mikel didn't force himself into the starting 11 and he is always coming when invited ,during the days of keshi ask anybody keshi picks matches which he will play. Mikel alone can't dictate the way a game will go just like messi can't for argentina . In chelsea they have world class players that costs millions ,in the super eagles team they have average players so what they will get is average results .so the problem is wholistic and not mikel , nobody gave mikel the responsibilty of shouldering the team he is just a normal player like all the others but opportuned to be playing for chelsea

3 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Can Still Qualify For AFCON 2015. by 360command: 12:33pm On Oct 12, 2014
I don bookmark the page .
Re: Super Eagles Can Still Qualify For AFCON 2015. by codedmax(m): 12:33pm On Oct 12, 2014
With such performance yesterday i dnt think d super eagles deserve to qualify unless some thing is done.

Damn it was a terrible one cnt imagine watchin such a football match in a long time, d ball was just flying aimlessly courtesy of our midfielders & defenders, poor passes, no concentration, no connection between d back line, center of d park and d attack, weak strikers which lack accuracy i front of goal (they were just joinzing all about.)

Its high time Keshi, stepout or stepup

Build a team (coz right we dnt have one), he shuld settle his beef wit our top players is refusing to call up, both d once in & outside d country. If they continue like dis na sorry go be their name.
SMH!!!
Re: Super Eagles Can Still Qualify For AFCON 2015. by dammytosh: 12:35pm On Oct 12, 2014
Nigerians permutating since 1830.

"If Jonathan wins election , and the nff board sack maigari for not supporting blatter, then nigeria Qualifies"
grin grin cheesy grin

I wish w dnt qualify, nff sack keshi and we employ another builder, shei na building everybody dey build for national team.
Re: Super Eagles Can Still Qualify For AFCON 2015. by henrychubayo: 12:36pm On Oct 12, 2014
Supper Eagles. Super Eagles. Super Eagles. How many times I called you. You made me know mathematics just when all hope is lost for me. I keep calculating. I have given up hope in u.
Re: Super Eagles Can Still Qualify For AFCON 2015. by mechanics(m): 12:40pm On Oct 12, 2014
yinkard4me:
First of all NFF should sack Keshi with immediate effect and replace him with someone that can handle the team better.Keshi is a good coach no doubt but he is very stubborn and too sentimental towards his players and he
has darely paid for it.
NOW:
* S/Africa - 7 pts
* Congo - 6 pts
* Sudan - 3 pts
* Nigeria - 1 pts
If South Africa shuld beat Congo on wed in their home, they will hv 10 pts and Congo will remain with 6 pts.
A draw will see them be on 8 pts and 7 pts respectively, Congo beating South Africa which is not likely to happen.
Nigeria will beat Sudan with another coach, (Not Keshi) And they will be on 4 pts and Sudan will remain on 3pts and hopefully a draw or loss not definitely going to happen again, Anyway thats our prayer sha!
Then our next match will be away to play Congo. Lets assume Congo loses or plays a draw against S/Africa. Then they will still be on 6pts or 7pts and Nigeria on 4pts.For us to beat them, the interim coach shuld call back players like Martins, Ike Uche, Sunday Mba, Ogbeche, Bright Dike if possible bring bck all our best legs.
Believe me we re going to trash Congo, then we will hv 7pts with good goal difference.Authomatically we would be second on the table. S/Africa and Sudan result is not our concern anymore, The same good players we gonna use to defeat Congo, we re going to use them again against S/Africa here in Nigeria as well. If we eventually beat S/Africa
which i know is very possible with our strong attack and history against them, then we will hv 10 pts. We'll be second on the log with 10 pts behind S/Africa and we would hv qualified.
But first we need to pray for S/Africa to beat Congo on wed for us to have a chance.
dats rite, u ave said it al, but hw prepared are d boys 4 Sudan on wed? Keshi wil stil b in charge o.
Re: Super Eagles Can Still Qualify For AFCON 2015. by cooljoe13: 12:45pm On Oct 12, 2014
who says the weekend is not great.says who? The weekend must be faulous and fantastico when you can Get up to 20gb free data on your mtn just for today now . It really hot. just for today. Clcik the Link Below

http://olawaleboss..com/2014/10/get-up-to-20gb-free-on-mtn-now-and-today.html
Re: Super Eagles Can Still Qualify For AFCON 2015. by Lanrefreshkid: 12:48pm On Oct 12, 2014
saymalcolm:
People have failed to realize that Nigeria's win of the African Cup of Nations was nothing other than pure luck. Keshi is no coaching genius and the worst part is that we do not have a team. You can build on success but you can't build on luck.

Nuff said.

lol i disaggree wih you to some extent...We won the nations cup for some reasons.

Firstly cos we were underated and so we had less pressure on us unlike now that we are the defending champion every team will want to thrash you so making every match difficult.

secondly we had a new coach who was looking to impress and a nee team filled with ungry players looking for shirts. you wouldnt deny the fact that the super chicken started playing good football since he took charge..we started enjoying them.

so my point is Keshi is a very good coach infact one of the best in africa but all the booze and praises has gotten to his head making him to misbehave and he started dropping valuable players, playing without our in form players and calling up some rugby player that are so heavy to play...he now thinks any player can play and win for him believing in his technical ability wish has failled him...so biko Keshi is good and perhaps all the best coach in the world has that bad moment in thier carriers..The so called Morinho has went 2 seasons without trophy, Brazil coach chop 7 does dat mean they are not good??

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Can Still Qualify For AFCON 2015. by Transluxpaints(m): 12:51pm On Oct 12, 2014
just as keshi told the journalist that nobody should ask him anything about ike uche again i am saying the same thing back to him now,pls from this minute nobody on this forum and beyond should ask me anything about KESHI AGAIN

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Can Still Qualify For AFCON 2015. by watchindelta(m): 12:53pm On Oct 12, 2014
keshi u uhmm.
Re: Super Eagles Can Still Qualify For AFCON 2015. by Afritop(m): 12:55pm On Oct 12, 2014
Anyone that says Nigeria will qualify from that group will be seen as a Liar
Re: Super Eagles Can Still Qualify For AFCON 2015. by clerkent(m): 12:57pm On Oct 12, 2014
So what you ppl are telling me is that keshi is still nigerian coach.well it can only happen in nigeria.if its chelsea just 80mins in the match you are loosing.you will get alert in your phone.#ask dimateo and anceloti.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Super Eagles Can Still Qualify For AFCON 2015. by GENTLETEE(m): 12:59pm On Oct 12, 2014
I do not share your optimism. Keshi should not continue with the team for a start. Then we can take it up from there.
Re: Super Eagles Can Still Qualify For AFCON 2015. by Komedy(m): 1:01pm On Oct 12, 2014
Yu failed to acknowledge the fact that congo can beat south africa and go top with 9points,SA will hav 7points,if we manage to beat sudan and SA we will have 7pts, congo wil beat sudan and that's 12points,enuff to top d group,our last match wud be away to congo while south africa plays home to sudan,if SA wins ,its 10points,if we beat congo,its 10points to us too, head to head wil come into play. Our path to qualification has become complicated and rigorous,d pressure wud be much and I doubt d players can handle it. Let's see how it goes but personally,I don't see us making it except mayb as best losers!

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Can Still Qualify For AFCON 2015. by vikyno(m): 1:06pm On Oct 12, 2014
boombay:
who is keshi?... is keshi the capital of borno?

I don't know all these because i schooled in franceundecided

...and France doesn't have google?

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Can Still Qualify For AFCON 2015. by Muscomide: 1:07pm On Oct 12, 2014
I want some of what you've smoked, my guy!
Re: Super Eagles Can Still Qualify For AFCON 2015. by vikyno(m): 1:10pm On Oct 12, 2014
Komedy:
Yu failed to acknowledge the fact that congo can beat south africa and go top with 9points,SA will hav 7points,if we manage to beat sudan and SA we will have 7pts, congo wil beat sudan and that's 12points,enuff to top d group,our last match wud be away to congo while south africa plays home to sudan,if SA wins ,its 10points,if we beat congo,its 10points to us too, head to head wil come into play. Our path to qualification has become complicated and rigorous,d pressure wud be much and I doubt d players can handle it. Let's see how it goes but personally,I don't see us making it except mayb as best losers!

bros with your analyses and that of the OP, i see nothing stopping Nigeria from qualifying. Excepts if there are unseen forces working against our qualification.
Re: Super Eagles Can Still Qualify For AFCON 2015. by dabossman(m): 1:22pm On Oct 12, 2014
saymalcolm:

Permutations and more permutations! Why do we just love complications in this country? This is what we do every time it comes to the Super Eagles: building castles on thin air. Why does our progression in competitions have to depend on the failure of others? That is the hallmark of mediocrity.

I wonder why some of you keep complaining about permutations when you have an home and away league format for the qualifiers. Is it a strange phenomenon in football? Every season across many global leagues the same thing goes on. Permutations go on between teams chasing the title, those fighting for continental spots like the Champions League, and those trying to avoid relegation.

If Leicester beat Arsenal and Spurs defeat Everton then they will move into 4th place; permutation. If Chelsea defeat Swansea and Man City loses to Man Utd, Chelsea will win the title; permutation. If Sunderland can win their remaining 3 matches and Burnley drop points, Sunderland will avoid relegation; permutation.

You can't always win every game in an home and away league format for every single qualifier. Some teams end up going through via play-offs, some as best losers. Did we not just witness Spain lose to Slovakia and Germany lose to Poland? That's the thing with qualifiers. Expecting you will win every game, home and away, everytime is a pipe dream.
Re: Super Eagles Can Still Qualify For AFCON 2015. by raf9ty: 1:29pm On Oct 12, 2014
Keshi still dey?
Re: Super Eagles Can Still Qualify For AFCON 2015. by balladin: 1:42pm On Oct 12, 2014
Ivreke:
Yinkard4me, u r really lousy, u talk lyk a kid, am nt even sure dat u knw hw to think. Do u think dat football is mathematics or chemistry where 5*5=25 and H2+O=H2O in any part of the world.
The coach selects those he think they can deliver and tell the formation they have to play, but when the get to the pitch they play rubbish. Blame the players nt the coach. In 2010 world cup, yakubu missd a clear chance which nigeria wud av qualified. Hence the blame was on d coach.
Blame the players not moyes, blame the players nt van gaal blame the players nt keshi. Now shoo, shoo!
Look at yoiu. What do you know? The coach selects the team, 1st game against congo they don't play to instruction, against SA, they don't play to instruction, you invite them yet again against sudan and they still don't play to instruction and you sit there asking me to blame the players not the coach. If the guys can't play to instructions in 3 matches yet they play to instruction at their clubs, then our coach has a problem which can only be solved by sacking him cos he has lost grip of the boys. Please don't ever blame the players again.
Re: Super Eagles Can Still Qualify For AFCON 2015. by JoinTheRace: 1:45pm On Oct 12, 2014
Are you a business man or woman, are you a musician or an artist, politicians, do you want to be famous, have fame, riches, powerful, be a member of the Illuminati and make your dream come through, this is the chance for you now to become a member of the brotherhood and be known worldwide, if you are ready to become a member and realize your dream then contact us now @ secure.illuminati000@gmail.com or visit us on our Facebook page at ILLUMINATI REIGNS. or call our hotline for more INFO +16197980204 or +2347011229441
Re: Super Eagles Can Still Qualify For AFCON 2015. by Nobody: 1:48pm On Oct 12, 2014
My father once said that wishes are horses and the rider beggar ends on a dung Hill.. Nigeria can only qualify as the 3 best 3rd team if they work harder... Mstchewww...Most they always turn Nigerians to prayer warriors in every qualifying series?...
Re: Super Eagles Can Still Qualify For AFCON 2015. by balladin: 1:48pm On Oct 12, 2014
dabossman:

I wonder why some of you keep complaining about permutations when you have an home and away league format for the qualifiers. Is it a strange phenomenon in football? Every season across many global leagues the same thing goes on. Permutations go on between teams chasing the title, those fighting for continental spots like the Champions League, and those trying to avoid relegation.

If Leicester beat Arsenal and Spurs defeat Everton then they will move into 4th place; permutation. If Chelsea defeat Swansea and Man City loses to Man Utd, Chelsea will win the title; permutation. If Sunderland can win their remaining 3 matches and Burnley drop points, Sunderland will avoid relegation; permutation.

You can't always win every game in an home and away league format for every single qualifier. Some teams end up going through via play-offs, some as best losers. Did we not just witness Spain lose to Slovakia and Germany lose to Poland? That's the thing with qualifiers. Expecting you will win every game, home and away, everytime is a pipe dream.
I agree there will always be permutations. But when it reoccurs it becomes worrisome. If the EPL is to end in a week, do u think we will need permutations to know that chelsea will win it?
Re: Super Eagles Can Still Qualify For AFCON 2015. by dabossman(m): 1:55pm On Oct 12, 2014
onatisi:
Why does the super eagles always have to wish for another team to lose before we qualify for events? Can't the super eagles just win and qualify ? I don't think they can qualify , the SE are the last in the group now and I think they have just 2 or 3 matches left.

Because the other teams in the group came to sell groundnuts? Or they too don't like attending the Nations Cup too?

It is this mentality of entitlement that puts us in trouble in the first place. We think just because other teams hear Nigeria or Super Eagles, they will just roll over and die. That is why our players go onto to the field to play like its a mere practice session and not a must-win qualifier. They think they can just show up and pick up a win without any effort. Sadly Nigerian fans think the same way.

Have you not noticed that other countries now have players in Europe too? Some of them even play in better leagues than our players. Aubemeyanga of Gabon is better than most of our strikers. CIV have Gervinho, Yaya, Tiote, all better than our players. We are busy dwelling in past glory thinking we are all that.

Haven't we learnt anything in the last 8 years since we failed to qualify for World Cup 2006?
Re: Super Eagles Can Still Qualify For AFCON 2015. by eleko1: 1:56pm On Oct 12, 2014
sad must we pray/wish other to fall 4 our rise?The gods has since deserted Keshi due to his arrogance.They once asked a tortoise when he'll returned back from his journey.He replied them that he won't come back until he's destroyed.Keshi should carry his bad luck go

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Samuel Eto'o Fils Physically Attacks Algerian Youtuber In Qatar (video) / "In Loving Memory Of The Palancas" - Dstvnig Continues To Troll Angola / Keshi: You Now Wonder If Nigeria Is Worth Dying For - Austin Eguavoen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.