Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,850 members, 7,810,278 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:29 AM

Super Eagles Can Still Qualify For AFCON 2015. - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Super Eagles Can Still Qualify For AFCON 2015. (36606 Views)

Nigerians Blame Sunday Oliseh For Nigeria's Failure To Qualify For AFCON 2017 / Super Eagles Can Still Qualify For Morocco 2015 / Super Eagles Can Kill Someone!: Keshi Laments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Super Eagles Can Still Qualify For AFCON 2015. by dabossman(m): 2:03pm On Oct 12, 2014
balladin:

I agree there will always be permutations. But when it reoccurs it becomes worrisome. If the EPL is to end in a week, do u think we will need permutations to know that chelsea will win it?

Sometimes, yes. The EPL was decided in 2012 in 5 mins of added time. Man Utd had won their final game and were waiting for the Man City vs QPR result. Aguero scored with almost the last kick to send the title to the blue half of Manchester. Permutations to the last minute. That is football.
Re: Super Eagles Can Still Qualify For AFCON 2015. by Felixjude(m): 2:09pm On Oct 12, 2014
Like seriously are people still talking about this bunch of players and even referring to them as 'Super Eagles' Dam! Those guys are a disgrace to watch.... no pattern, no coordination, no clear cut idea. for a whole 90 minutes no decent cross into the eighteen yard box, no decent pass to the strikers....not even a single through pass nor a successful up through.....am done watching them, it's a waste of time.

2 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Can Still Qualify For AFCON 2015. by cooljoe(m): 2:16pm On Oct 12, 2014
O, d maths don start already
Re: Super Eagles Can Still Qualify For AFCON 2015. by Sard(m): 2:18pm On Oct 12, 2014
yinkard4me:

So we should just accept bad results and go to sleep?
I never asked you to accept result & slp.
but you should stop worrying yourself about some overfed individuals who think they are doing the nation a favor by playing for us. Your permutation wont change a thing.

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Can Still Qualify For AFCON 2015. by teehay45(m): 2:24pm On Oct 12, 2014
with keshi out there is hope 4 naija @ least buh it doesnt guarantee us qualification
Re: Super Eagles Can Still Qualify For AFCON 2015. by julioralph(m): 2:30pm On Oct 12, 2014
Abeg where is Mr @Jarus ?? He shud come and give us his Match Ratings, I'm sure Keshi will score Minus 10 cheesy
Re: Super Eagles Can Still Qualify For AFCON 2015. by Lekison(m): 2:31pm On Oct 12, 2014
;Dthis one is strong.
Re: Super Eagles Can Still Qualify For AFCON 2015. by Sirlancelot(m): 2:33pm On Oct 12, 2014
adonbilivit:
i am with you on this. keshi is too sentimental...how else can you justify playing Mikel despite his recent woeful performance in recent times? and now Mikel just said in an interview that he still believes in the big boss @keshi.

keshi has not done much yet and he wants to start relying on his past glory. we need results not past records please.
please bro Mikel is not the problem of Nigeria rather we ourself.Is mikel not there when we won afcon?.The problem goes beyond what it is at stake,rather than blaming one player.Please stop hating this guy.
Re: Super Eagles Can Still Qualify For AFCON 2015. by lusciouslex: 2:37pm On Oct 12, 2014
It is not only our 'economy' that needs diversification but SPORTS. No doubt football is the most followed game on earth but that does not mean that every nation were it is popular should equally be actively involved in it. BASKETBALL: the slam dungs, 3-pointers, the rebound, steals, free throws, NBA, and many others. RUGBY: the tries, the penalty-goal, the tackles, the fury, HSBC sevens, Curry cup, etc. CRICKET: the sixes, the runs, the batsmen, bowlers, wickets, ODI series, Test matches, etc. ATHELETICS: the sprints, the jumps, the throws, OLYMPICS, IAAF, etc. I consider the above mentioned sports equally interesting likewise so many other nationals: South Africa, India, USA, New Zealand, etc. To this end, Nigeria should stop wasting resources on football since we can't play the game. Rubbish!
Re: Super Eagles Can Still Qualify For AFCON 2015. by baba11(m): 2:48pm On Oct 12, 2014
...We can still qualify if we win our remaining 3 matches...buh firstly,coach Keshi needs to be sacked..he's highly inefficient and incapable for this task!!!!
Re: Super Eagles Can Still Qualify For AFCON 2015. by richyfunky(m): 2:55pm On Oct 12, 2014
Nigerians can be mathematical when it comes to football.......smh
Re: Super Eagles Can Still Qualify For AFCON 2015. by Raiders: 3:03pm On Oct 12, 2014
saymalcolm:
People have failed to realize that Nigeria's win of the African Cup of Nations was nothing other than pure luck. Keshi is no coaching genius and the worst part is that we do not have a team. You can build on success but you can't build on luck.

Nuff said.
we didn't win the nations cup by luck. We won our games by hard work. The problem is not Keshi but the NFA. How would you expect a man to perform if you don't pay him. Keshi has been out of contract since the end of the world cup. You don't always win all the time in football. Spain has a good coach but they didn't do well in the world cup and are not doing well currently. Keshi needs Nigeria support because he help us qualify for last world cup and also won the last nations cup. Sacking keshi now will take our football backwards
Re: Super Eagles Can Still Qualify For AFCON 2015. by Raiders: 3:05pm On Oct 12, 2014
baba11:
...We can still qualify if we win our remaining 3 matches...buh firstly,coach Keshi needs to be sacked..he's highly inefficient and incapable for this task!!!!
if keshi who Will replace him? Keshi need Nigeria support. So far Keshi has done a good job. You don't always win all the time in football.
Re: Super Eagles Can Still Qualify For AFCON 2015. by baba11(m): 3:14pm On Oct 12, 2014
Raiders:
if keshi who Will replace him? Keshi need Nigeria support. So far Keshi has done a good job. You don't always win all the time in football.
...Even if we were to lose match,was it supposed to be with lowly rated Sudanese side..They had not scored a goal in this qualifier let alone winning a single match..i'm 100pcent sure,they are not going to qualify...we need to wake up from our slumber asap!!!...no time....
Re: Super Eagles Can Still Qualify For AFCON 2015. by onatisi(m): 3:17pm On Oct 12, 2014
baba11:
...We can still qualify if we win our remaining 3 matches.
so the other teams will also lose all their own matches ,abi? It would have been a different case if nigeria is third , but right now nigeria is the last in the group with just 1 point from 3 matches .
Re: Super Eagles Can Still Qualify For AFCON 2015. by Raiders: 3:18pm On Oct 12, 2014
baba11:
...Even if were to lose match,was it supposed to be with lowly rated Sudanese side..They had not scored a goal in this qualifier let alone winning a single match..i'm 100pcent sure,they are not going to qualify...we need to wake up from our slumber asap!!!...no time....
In football, you win some games and lose some games. Even the world champion Germany lose 2-0 to Lowly rated Poland. They can still qualify. Keshi and SE need our support now. A true fan don't give up on his team even if they are losing
Re: Super Eagles Can Still Qualify For AFCON 2015. by Komedy(m): 3:20pm On Oct 12, 2014
vikyno:

bros with your analyses and that of the OP, i see nothing stopping Nigeria from qualifying. Excepts if there are unseen forces working against our qualification.
lol, I don't see us getting nine points from d 3matches left, anything short of that is bad news
Re: Super Eagles Can Still Qualify For AFCON 2015. by obi58: 3:25pm On Oct 12, 2014
Ivreke:
Yinkard4me, u r really lousy, u talk lyk a kid, am nt even sure dat u knw hw to think. Do u think dat football is mathematics or chemistry where 5*5=25 and H2+O=H2O in any part of the world.
The coach selects those he think they can deliver and tell the formation they have to play, but when the get to the pitch they play rubbish. Blame the players nt the coach. In 2010 world cup, yakubu missd a clear chance which nigeria wud av qualified. Hence the blame was on d coach.
Blame the players not moyes, blame the players nt van gaal blame the players nt keshi. Now shoo, shoo!

Mehnnn you're so fvcked up. Blame players gini? Of all the bright talents Nigeria has to offer, who chose this team? Who got them playing this boring, sluggish and tactically deficient, ideas-bereft style of football Who has the ability to change the trend of events on the pitch by a brilliant substitution or tactical instruction? Is it the player or the coach?

Ike Uche got canned by Keshi for questioning this one-dimensional thoughtless style of football we play currently that has made the typical NIgerian fan start defending our games not because they enjoyed the game but because of the results we were earning then (afcon). Well, when opponents study your style of play and come up with s strategy to counter that formation, how has Keshi reason to the occasion a la Mourinho? This is why we lost to Congo in calabar. They knew what to expect and prepared and sure enough we didn't disappoint.

Nigerians let's face the facts: although Keshi is a good motivator and commanded the respect of his squad, he is technically inept and is notof sufficient mental caliber to shape the super eagles into a formidable footballing force. Keshi won AFCON which is great but so also did Zambia. Question is, since then has our football developed enough since then to the extent that we show on the pitch that we are deserving African champions? Yes Keshi has built a team in his image: formidable and deliberate. Unfortunately, their inability to adapt to different playing styles and conditions and impose their kind of football on their opponents has been our undoing. Just as Keshi has been given free rein to pick his team ( For God.'s sake, why oh why is Efe Ambrose a full fledged centre back, the first choice right back for the SE? Is it that Nigeria lacks right backs both within and outside the country who can get the ball forward and actually CROSS the ball which Ambrose seems incapable of even when he gets fwd and is not faced with any opponents)

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Can Still Qualify For AFCON 2015. by lusciouslex: 3:27pm On Oct 12, 2014
My name is FELIX ESSIEN. I am a B.sc holder. An ex-player and coach of the glorious mechanical engineering football team that were undefeated champions of the University of Uyo. I've a 12yrs experience playing PES: match, master league, become a legend, etc. Also, a 4yrs experience playing football manager. I am so tactical and technically sound when it comes to formation, game plan, strategies, team selection, training, etc. It should be noted that I knew about a 3-5-2 formation as far back as 2005 before Louis Van Gaal made many people aware of it this season. I know how to switch play via tactical substitution instead of the conventional like for like change. I proposed that a right-footed rock solid defender(LB and CBs) be used to check-mate the marauding runs(right to left) of LIONEL MESSI. Coach Samson Siasia did this in the Beijing Olympics( Chibuzor Okonkwo vs Messi) unlike an Evra, Cole, Gibbs, etc who are no match to him. I'll say no more because I won't what to sound very boastful. Am appealing that the Super Eagles job be given to me immediately Keshi is sacked despite the fact that I've no coaching profile. I promise to always be properly dressed(suit and tie), I'll be writing down minute by minute observations for corrections in a hardcover higher education exercise book. I promise to return back our glory days through the parade of our best players( the people's choice) and ensuring that we always rise to the occasion. Thank you all for your support and recommendation. Mobile: 08120094271.

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Can Still Qualify For AFCON 2015. by Nobody: 3:31pm On Oct 12, 2014
yinkard4me:
First of all NFF should sack Keshi with immediate effect and replace him with someone that can handle the team better.Keshi is a good coach no doubt but he is very stubborn and too sentimental towards his players and he
has darely paid for it.
NOW:
* S/Africa - 7 pts
* Congo - 6 pts
* Sudan - 3 pts
* Nigeria - 1 pts
If South Africa shuld beat Congo on wed in their home, they will hv 10 pts and Congo will remain with 6 pts.
A draw will see them be on 8 pts and 7 pts respectively, Congo beating South Africa which is not likely to happen.
Nigeria will beat Sudan with another coach, (Not Keshi) And they will be on 4 pts and Sudan will remain on 3pts and hopefully a draw or loss not definitely going to happen again, Anyway thats our prayer sha!
Then our next match will be away to play Congo. Lets assume Congo loses or plays a draw against S/Africa. Then they will still be on 6pts or 7pts and Nigeria on 4pts.For us to beat them, the interim coach shuld call back players like Martins, Ike Uche, Sunday Mba, Ogbeche, Bright Dike if possible bring bck all our best legs.
Believe me we re going to trash Congo, then we will hv 7pts with good goal difference.Authomatically we would be second on the table. S/Africa and Sudan result is not our concern anymore, The same good players we gonna use to defeat Congo, we re going to use them again against S/Africa here in Nigeria as well. If we eventually beat S/Africa
which i know is very possible with our strong attack and history against them, then we will hv 10 pts. We'll be second on the log with 10 pts behind S/Africa and we would hv qualified.
But first we need to pray for S/Africa to beat Congo on wed for us to have a chance.

Well there are still 9 points up for grabs which means Nigeria can only finish with a maximum of 10 points.

South Africa has 7 points. So if we go by the above assumption as say Nigeria will beat SA, then SA can finish with a maximum of 13 points minus the 3 points from Nigeria's game

Congo in the same vein can finish with a maximum if 12 points assuming Nigeria beats them.

Sudan can finish with a maximum of 9 points if Nigeria beats them in the next game.

Having said that it therefore means that we are hoping that Congo loses to Nigeria and either draw their remaining matches or drop an additional 3 point. This is quite possible considering that SA pipped them 2 - 0 in their own backyard. This is the only real chance that Nigeria has to qualify. This is our best chance in the situation we find ourselves. And lets hope NFF goes ahead and #sackkeshinow

Sudan is no threat if Nigeria wins all her remaining matches.

SUPER CHICKENS! See what you turned Nigerians to - Permutation and Probability experts!!! SMH!!!!
Re: Super Eagles Can Still Qualify For AFCON 2015. by Komedy(m): 3:32pm On Oct 12, 2014
saymalcolm:
People have failed to realize that Nigeria's win of the African Cup of Nations was nothing other than pure luck. Keshi is no coaching genius and the worst part is that we do not have a team. You can build on success but you can't build on luck.

Nuff said.
yu don't win tournaments "by luck", how many matches are yu gonna get lucky with, d boys worked hard for that trophy,don't just dismiss it as luck bkos things are going badly now,we played some of d best teams in d tournament and beat dem squarely, that isn't just luck,there was hunger,hardwork and dedication in that team, but rite now? I see none of doz
Re: Super Eagles Can Still Qualify For AFCON 2015. by frederland11(m): 3:34pm On Oct 12, 2014
grin[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]Eagles can still qualify on IFF (if and only if ) basis. E.g. if SUDAN draws, SOUTH-AFRICA draws ,CONGO draws all other matches and EAGLES wins all other matches... PERMUTATION... ;DEagles can still qualify on IFF (if and only if ) basis. E.g. if SUDAN draws, SOUTH-AFRICA draws ,CONGO draws all other matches and EAGLES wins all other matches... PERMUTATION...
Re: Super Eagles Can Still Qualify For AFCON 2015. by Raiders: 3:38pm On Oct 12, 2014
Komedy:
yu don't win tournaments "by luck", how many matches are yu gonna get lucky with, d boys worked hard for that trophy,don't just dismiss it as luck bkos things are going badly now,we played some of d best teams in d tournament and beat dem squarely, that isn't just luck,there was hunger,hardwork and dedication in that team, but rite now? I see none of doz
Some people don't know anything about football. Its just like saying Spain won the 2010 world cup and Euros by luck because they are currently not playing well at the moment. Super Eagles won the nations cup due to hard work.
Re: Super Eagles Can Still Qualify For AFCON 2015. by Virgindove(f): 3:47pm On Oct 12, 2014
Stop all these unrealistic permutations, to redeem the very slight chance of qualification, Keshi must be sacked now and Amokachi appointed as interim coach. Mikel is the worst 10 the world ever produced and keshi seems to be bewitched by some forces in the glass house could not do without him.

2 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Can Still Qualify For AFCON 2015. by chiboy11(m): 4:04pm On Oct 12, 2014
chijioke70:
I wouldn't nigeria to qualify. The reason is not far fetched,it will enable us to go back to the drawing board and reorganise.
dis urgrama na wahh. Ooooo
Re: Super Eagles Can Still Qualify For AFCON 2015. by cotzywitzy(m): 4:30pm On Oct 12, 2014
I don't know if anyone get to observe the Sudanese coach... he was screaming at any player that is acting sluggish or not playing to instruction... look at Keshi... he can't cos he's collecting bribe from few of them so he cant scream at them.... coach that his scared to scold players... I trust SiaSia Mikel would never be on his list... Keshi is just an Arrogant bastard and peacock.... make SE dey thank God say surulere stadium don spoil if to say Na surulere stadium I trust my lagosian people dem go beat keshi join all of em... lagosians r very passionate when it comes to football and dey expect the best.... Keshi must Go

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Can Still Qualify For AFCON 2015. by Lakasigbe(m): 4:32pm On Oct 12, 2014
adonbilivit:
i am with you on this. keshi is too sentimental...how else can you justify playing Mikel despite his recent woeful performance in recent times? and now Mikel just said in an interview that he still believes in the big boss @keshi.

keshi has not done much yet and he wants to start relying on his past glory. we need results not past records please.

that is exactly my point. we seem to be more in interested in past records. yeah,he was one of those that got us the AFCON trophy cos he was performing then. does he measure up to how he performed then? if he has lost it, lets getter an able person to replace him coz they abound

This is not about mikel, is he d only player on d field of play. Abey free dis guy. Let NFF replace keshi because ther is a prob wit dis team.
Re: Super Eagles Can Still Qualify For AFCON 2015. by mpowa(m): 5:09pm On Oct 12, 2014
Raiders:
we didn't win the nations cup by luck. We won our games by hard work. The problem is not Keshi but the NFA. How would you expect a man to perform if you don't pay him. Keshi has been out of contract since the end of the world cup. You don't always win all the time in football. Spain has a good coach but they didn't do well in the world cup and are not doing well currently. Keshi needs Nigeria support because he help us qualify for last world cup and also won the last nations cup. Sacking keshi now will take our football backwards

An retaining him will take it forward?

Is it because the NFF owed him that he can't put a winning team together? is that why he sidelines the best players in the squad and call players from Malta, is that why he keep on rebuilding forever? no NFF is not Keshi's problem, he knew that they'll eventually pay him so all he need to do is to deliver so that the money he collects will be deserved. Keshi is not the only national team coach, the women's coaches, the age grade coaches also have thesame issues of not been paid as due, but they never give this funny excuse for lack of performance. The last tournament where our under 21 girl reached final, the football house was in disorder, they treat this girls and their coaches far worse than they treat eagles and Keshi, but you'll never hear any funny excuse, they just deliver. That doesn't mean that i support NFF's ways, but if football is your business, your passion, the success comes first, when you succeed people will even fight for you, as a SE coach, there are other opportunities apart from your salaries, endorsements, contracts etc. that other coaches are not enjoying, Abeg! no excuse should be given for failure Jo!

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Can Still Qualify For AFCON 2015. by baba11(m): 5:17pm On Oct 12, 2014
onatisi:
so the other teams will also lose all their own matches ,abi? It would have been a different case if nigeria is third , but right now nigeria is the last in the group with just 1 point from 3 matches .
we still have hope bro..NFF crisis also contributed to our woeful performance!!!
Re: Super Eagles Can Still Qualify For AFCON 2015. by seunlayi(m): 5:19pm On Oct 12, 2014
Lakasigbe:

This is not about mikel, is he d only player on d field of play. Abey free dis guy. Let NFF replace keshi because ther is a prob wit dis team.
I beg shut up. the collapse of Nigeria midfield is the problem in the team. how many passes were supplied to the attackers, inability to hold the ball, negative footballing, etc that is what we lack. Mikel is the culprit. yes, even if the coach is removed and he is in that team, Nigeria is always playing one man less

2 Likes

Re: Super Eagles Can Still Qualify For AFCON 2015. by IYANGBALI: 5:19pm On Oct 12, 2014
Honestly I doesn't care about the super chickens as long as nothing happens to my Oshoala my super falcon queen
Re: Super Eagles Can Still Qualify For AFCON 2015. by baba11(m): 5:20pm On Oct 12, 2014
Raiders:
In football, you win some games and lose some games. Even the world champion Germany lose 2-0 to Lowly rated Poland. They can still qualify. Keshi and SE need our support now. A true fan don't give up on his team even if they are losing
Hmmmmmmmm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

FIFA Orders South Africa To Replay Senegal WC Qualifier (see Details) / "In Loving Memory Of The Palancas" - Dstvnig Continues To Troll Angola / Kanu Nwankwo And El-hadji Diouf Visit Emir Sanusi (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.