Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,302 members, 7,819,024 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:11 AM

Lagos CPC Members Pull Out Of APC, Join PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos CPC Members Pull Out Of APC, Join PDP (1569 Views)

All Of Us At PDP Should Apologise To Buhari, APC & Join Them- FFK / PDP Politicians Take Note: Buhari Didn’t Join PDP When He Couldn’t Beat Them / Ribadu Bows To Pressure, Set To Join PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos CPC Members Pull Out Of APC, Join PDP by Ayed44: 9:52am On Oct 12, 2014
Following allegations of marginalisation in the All
Progressives Congress (APC), leaders and members
of the defunct Congress for Progressive Change
(CPC) in Lagos State have pulled out of the party to
join the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).
CPC is one of the legacy parties – Action Congress of
Nigeria (CAN), All Nigerian People's Party (ANPP) and
a faction of All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) –
that merged to form APC.
The state chapter of CPC had been alleging
usurpation of party structures and maginalisation of
other parties in the merger by APC, which had carried
on like the leading party in the merger.
Before pulling out of APC, the CPC group in the Lagos
chapter of APC said after months of several
meetings, consultations and deliberations, the long-
awaited justice was not done to its members and
from the look of things, they were afraid of what
would be their political fate, hence the need to take
their political future into their hands by withdrawing
their membership from the APC and moving en-
masse to the PDP where they believe their interests
would be welcome and protected.
Briefing journalists recently to announce the pull out
of CPC members from APC, the State Chairman of
APC-CPC in Lagos State, Hon. Ashogbon Lattif, said it
was unfortunate that the leadership of APC and CPC
failed to yield to their cries of marginalisation and
gross impunity perpetrated by the defunct ACN
which is running the affairs of APC in the state.
Noting that the members of the CPC group took their
complaints to the APC National headquarters, but
nothing had been done to address the situation, he
said, “What we experienced shows their greed of
uncommon proportion and why they turned a
supposed formidable merger process to conquest of
other merging parties in order to satisfy their
uncommon greed.”
He pointed out that the APC membership registration
exercise which aimed at building a sense of
belonging among all was done in total disregard to
the APC national guidelines as regards the
involvement of the merging parties with respect to
the manner which the registration officers, in wards
and LGAs and state supervisors for the exercise were
to be shared among the three legacy parties.
Ashogbon noted that out of the 171 supervisors
engaged at the Local Government level, CPC had only
26 slots instead of 57 due to his party. At the ward
supervisors’ level, 376 slots were given to CPC out of
1,128. For Polling Unit Registration Officers, 346 was
given to CPC against the entitlement of 5,093 out of
a total lots of 16, 978.
He further stated that the congresses which ought to
produce united party structure of the APC was
characterised by uncommon greed of the defunct
ACN leadership. At the state level, out of 35
executives, 34 seats were taken by CAN, while one
was left to be shared between CPC and ANPP. In the
57 LGAs, out of 1368, ACN took 1349 and left 19.
He however said his party members had finally
resolved in their mind without being apologetic to
anyone that the APC-CPC faction across the 57
council areas of the state was moving en-masse to
PDP where they believe that the tenets of democracy
is appreciated and practiced, and that they remain
resolute in their determination to rescue Lagos come
2015 general elections.
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/lagos-cpc-members-pull-out-of-apc-join-pdp/191063/

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos CPC Members Pull Out Of APC, Join PDP by soma042(m): 9:54am On Oct 12, 2014
Yoruba race are in deep sheet kiss soon arewa vampire will need more blood to suck and the cowards will have no where to run to.

Tinubu playing with fire since 1641

4 Likes

Re: Lagos CPC Members Pull Out Of APC, Join PDP by chinwike2(m): 9:56am On Oct 12, 2014
Great expectations ! Front page tinz

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos CPC Members Pull Out Of APC, Join PDP by Aspireahead(m): 10:17am On Oct 12, 2014
bunch of political jobbers! Dont go and look for work.

1 Like

Re: Lagos CPC Members Pull Out Of APC, Join PDP by aljharem(m): 10:19am On Oct 12, 2014
of course what do you expect when one man run a party like a family affair

12 Likes

Re: Lagos CPC Members Pull Out Of APC, Join PDP by gunuvi(m): 10:19am On Oct 12, 2014
dorofunny people. thieves
Re: Lagos CPC Members Pull Out Of APC, Join PDP by Mogidi: 10:20am On Oct 12, 2014
Buhari the former CPC leader is no where to be found leaving his erstwhile supporters to fend for themselves. There's nothing Buhari wouldn't do to become president again. This man would suck a diick if it makes him president for one day, see desperation.

7 Likes

Re: Lagos CPC Members Pull Out Of APC, Join PDP by Nobody: 10:27am On Oct 12, 2014
If you ain't making sacrifices at primary level ? Move on. We don't do infighting expecially when we are in government office. Go to the pdp and do the adamawa and taraba thing.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos CPC Members Pull Out Of APC, Join PDP by feminancy(m): 10:40am On Oct 12, 2014
aljharem:
of course what do you expect when one man run a party like a family affair
Your right I think tinibu is not sincere in this whole drama he is trying to play a drafted script of tukur. I think APC should be wise enough to discover his antics earlier before he runs the party down

7 Likes

Re: Lagos CPC Members Pull Out Of APC, Join PDP by Nobody: 10:43am On Oct 12, 2014
Was CPC even visible in Lagos State before the merger? This is so funny. It is just like ACN complaining of marginalisation in Kano. Well the CPC goons should work hard with the APC in Lagos so as to earn their place rather than complain over a free gift
Re: Lagos CPC Members Pull Out Of APC, Join PDP by soma042(m): 10:46am On Oct 12, 2014
baccaspace:
Was CPC even visible in Lagos State before the merger? This is so funny. It is just like ACN complaining of marginalisation in Kano. Well the CPC goons should work hard with the APC in Lagos so as to earn their place rather than waiting for a free gift

I thought they are one family now

2 Likes

Re: Lagos CPC Members Pull Out Of APC, Join PDP by victorD3: 10:46am On Oct 12, 2014
There is no party with internal democracy in Nigeria as will be seen in the up comming primary elections. At least we knew what happened in the then APC primaries.
Re: Lagos CPC Members Pull Out Of APC, Join PDP by aljharem(m): 10:47am On Oct 12, 2014
feminancy:

Your right I think tinibu is not sincere in this whole drama he is trying to play a drafted script of tukur. I think APC should be wise enough to discover his antics earlier before he runs the party down

Just be watching as the drama unfold
Re: Lagos CPC Members Pull Out Of APC, Join PDP by Nobody: 10:54am On Oct 12, 2014
soma042:

I thought they are one family now
sure they are but the cpc guys makes it look like they are acting the script of some never-do-wells in pdp to tarnish the image of APC and defunct ACN
Re: Lagos CPC Members Pull Out Of APC, Join PDP by godsamist: 11:19am On Oct 12, 2014
ELDERS ELDERS ELDERS!!!...MY Elders,how many times have i call you people?
Tell me,what are the youths learning from you people.And how do you wish we could learn anything from you peole!
Okay listern good,If you carry lantern or even canddle and pass repeatedly before a BLINDMAN,one day,the blindman will notice the light..All this long jumps and short puts every now and then is getting one worried!
My question once again do you elders really have the interest of this country in mind?
What record are you setting for the generation unborn..
Shabi you people told us long ago that when mother goat is chewing the cud,the children never fail to watch with total concertration!
Like mother goat..We watching you Elders.
Re: Lagos CPC Members Pull Out Of APC, Join PDP by Nobody: 11:24am On Oct 12, 2014
Nigerian politicians are without particular ideologies.

That why it is very childish to think that because someone moved from the PDP to the APC, the person has become "progressive".

These folks moving from APC to the PDP are no "progressives". It makes no difference whether they are in PDP, APC, LP or any other party

1 Like

Re: Lagos CPC Members Pull Out Of APC, Join PDP by thunderrider: 11:37am On Oct 12, 2014
Unna eyes just dey Clear?

4 Likes

Re: Lagos CPC Members Pull Out Of APC, Join PDP by thirty(m): 11:53am On Oct 12, 2014
And you will believe this junk. In ketu mile 12, the havsa CPC took over almost all the structure of the party shouting sai Buhari everyday. ANPP took over in mende maryland. Ask for likeminds in maryland.
Re: Lagos CPC Members Pull Out Of APC, Join PDP by mrborntodoit: 12:03pm On Oct 12, 2014
Dem don dey pull out already? Lmao !

2 Likes

Re: Lagos CPC Members Pull Out Of APC, Join PDP by lilprinze: 12:05pm On Oct 12, 2014
They are tired of APC lies and propaganda.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos CPC Members Pull Out Of APC, Join PDP by google1(m): 12:16pm On Oct 12, 2014
Military zone... KEEP OFF
Re: Lagos CPC Members Pull Out Of APC, Join PDP by eunisam: 12:29pm On Oct 12, 2014
The future of APC is not guaranteed if they continue this way.e no concern me

4 Likes

Re: Lagos CPC Members Pull Out Of APC, Join PDP by Nobody: 12:41pm On Oct 12, 2014
I have said it before and I will say it again.
apc is finished in Lagos. We are waiting for Labour party in Lagos to join PDP then 2015 elections would be delivered.

Also, PDP should nurse the chance of fielding a Deputy from another tribe and watch how they will enjoy massive support from the Electorates in Lagos. After all, Lagos belongs to all.
Re: Lagos CPC Members Pull Out Of APC, Join PDP by Gscatter: 12:48pm On Oct 12, 2014
soma042:
all my household are in deep sheet

Fixed.
Re: Lagos CPC Members Pull Out Of APC, Join PDP by GODDYGEE91(m): 3:03pm On Oct 12, 2014
There must av been marginalised and sideline by the CEO of APC (Tinubu) who control all de affairs of d party like his family affair.
Re: Lagos CPC Members Pull Out Of APC, Join PDP by amakufrancis(m): 3:19pm On Oct 12, 2014
I see Apc sinking... PDP till......
Re: Lagos CPC Members Pull Out Of APC, Join PDP by Nobody: 3:35pm On Oct 12, 2014
All we have are men and women (politicians) who are out like vultures circling around the carcass of the Nigerian state. REV MATHEW HASSAN KUKAH
Re: Lagos CPC Members Pull Out Of APC, Join PDP by nigerianvenom(m): 3:45pm On Oct 12, 2014
u cannot gang up to fight God's annointed servant.even joseph brothers in d bible couldnt succeed despite selling him off to foreigners,hoping to quenched his light by doing so,but God had a plan which was to lead Joseph to the path of glory.
same scenario is what is happening now.they all gang up and hope to destroyed Jonathan,but God plans for Jonathan surpasses theirs.
let no man touches who God has anointed

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

News: Okorocha Is After My Life, Alleges Uche Ogbuagu The Former Aide Of Governo / Gej's MANY CORRUPTION Myths / What Wrong With APC: John Odigie Oyegun Calls Buhari, Gen Muhammadu Ribadu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.