Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,549 members, 7,955,043 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:16 PM

This Itching Patient Needs Your Help And Advice. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / This Itching Patient Needs Your Help And Advice. (972 Views)

Nairalanders - FOLAKE Needs Your Help and !!!!! / A Staph-Infected Fractured Leg Bone Patient Needs Urgent Help / Body Itching After Bath: Any Solution? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Itching Patient Needs Your Help And Advice. by seggexco(m): 2:04pm On Oct 13, 2014
I am badly in need of your help out there. I have been suffering from itching immediately after my bath and as i speak to you right now i dont know the exact time it started but i'm very sure it's up to two years now. It started when i was in secondary school if i'm not mistaken. Yes, by then whenever i took my bath, i discovered that my body begins to itch me but not that severe it's what i can bear anyway. It keep repeating itself and then i complained to my mum that this is the problem i'm having after my bath that i'm always itching my body. She told me that the same thing happens to her attimes but not always that it happens whenever she bath with rain water and that it may be the cause of my itch as well. Her words revived my soul. And then i thought it's a normal thing. This itching i'm talking about occurs mostly when i bath with cold water.

Last year, this itching was so severe that whenever i sweat i itch my body like mad. I become so afraid that i couldn't play football anymore because when i sweat i'm already in trouble. Many other things like that. To take my bath becomes problem that which i'm still struggling with till date. I skipped my bath as i like mind you it was not my happiness to do that just that i dont have any choice. This itching is so severe that it lasted for up to 30min somedays. Do you know the worse part of it bathing with sponge and soap chai! chai!! This one makes me to run like mad man on the street. It's the worstest[if there is any english like that] thing i could ever imagined in life. The worst of all this is that i have never heard of anybody who is suffering from the same problem so it's like i'm the only one that have the problem in the whole universe.

I've been to clinic several times and they were unable to solve the problem. I took the drugs they gave to me but all to no avail. Many local herbs and other things like that it still don't solve the problem.

LOOK AT WHAT THIS ITCHING HAS CAUSED
[1] Many days of not taking my bath. In fact any day i managed to enter the bath room my bath is not up to 1min because i just pour the water on my body and run out immediately. The worse of all is i dont remember the last time that sponge and soap touch this my body.
[2] Irrelevant running- many times after my bath i run like a mad man as if somebody is after me. But people who sees me dont know what the problem is they might just think it's a normal exercise i'm doing not knowing it's the work of this bad itching.
[3] crying- yes, i know this cannot solve the problem but you wont believe that at my age i cried because of what this itching is causing to me. The pain is just unbearable.
[4] I'm in school and then i stay in the hostel every day of my life i keep boiling hot water just because i want to bath. Be it afternoon or morning or night. I'm just so tired of this my friends even laugh at me but i never told them what was the problem was and they never bothered to ask. A normal human being should know that something is wrong with me and they never asked me why i don't bath with soap. Well, they are not good observers we have lived together for two years now.
[5] Many times i said i want to bath, i just went into the bathroom to wash my head, two hands, and my legs. I knew personally i'm deceiving myself but at least i might not itch my body and when they saw me they would think i've took my bath not knowing that reverse is the case.

[6] thinking - i keep thinking of it each day of my life that for how long i'm i going to leave with this itching.

The above are few out of the problem i'm going through. Please, the reason why i've brought this issue here is for advice what did you think i can do to be free from this itching. Be it home remedy or better still if there is anybody who has undergone the same problem before. Please, you can also share what method and drugs you used to treat yours. Please help me i'm dying, help me please, what is the way out of this bad itching?

Remember that it's now worse to the extend that either i bath with hot water or cold water it never changes the situation. Again, either i bath or not i still itch attimes but not always. I'm saying this for you to know the kind of pain i'm going through. A problem shared is a problem half solved, but not in my own case. I have told many people about the itching 90 percent dont even know what i'm talking about. And that's why i think i'm the only person suffering from it in the whole world.
Your comments are highly welcomed.
Re: This Itching Patient Needs Your Help And Advice. by GogetterMD(m): 2:19pm On Oct 13, 2014
Any history of allergies?
Re: This Itching Patient Needs Your Help And Advice. by Nobody: 2:21pm On Oct 13, 2014
i think u need antihistamines and also change the soap/body lotion u use...something in bubble bath creams and some processed foods u need to stop using/taking too(you're allergic to something)

finally, u need to get emollient sprays or ointment to add to your bathwater to help your skin moisture

do not towel-dry your skin(or do it just a lil bit) before applying a good skin moisturiser

u have cholinergic urticaria or something related
Re: This Itching Patient Needs Your Help And Advice. by seggexco(m): 3:03pm On Oct 13, 2014
This my condition is far beyond soap of a thing. No matter the type of soap i used i still itch. And that's why i have to stop using it totally.. Some even said it's the water i'm bathing that it might be a change of environment this also those not seems to be correct. What else can you suggest it's really painful. Imagined i haven't take my bath since morning and i've been in the room since morning everybody took their bath right from the morning but i'm afraid to let the water touch my body.
Re: This Itching Patient Needs Your Help And Advice. by Nobody: 3:55pm On Oct 13, 2014
seggexco:
This my condition is far beyond soap of a thing. No matter the type of soap i used i still itch. And that's why i have to stop using it totally.. Some even said it's the water i'm bathing that it might be a change of environment this also those not seems to be correct. What else can you suggest it's really painful. Imagined i haven't take my bath since morning and i've been in the room since morning everybody took their bath right from the morning but i'm afraid to let the water touch my body.
and ur thinking there's an automatic fix?

do what i have told you. I'm not your doctor or a dermatologist. I'm telling you as someone who experienced this for sometime and got through it by carefully researching and isolating particular hpc products that i was using and now, i can't even remember i once had it

if you must know what i stopped...i had to take the information on Product content labels seriously. i quit gluten...that means i either totally stopped oatmeal or changed to another brand. i also stopped some canned baked beans/tomato/corned beef brands and changed from medicated soaps to dove bubble bathcream...
your change of location might also be involved..

I'll tell you other ones when i remember... for now, that's pretty much it.

and look at you being all impatient and....*hisses*
something your doctors couldn't help you with, you're now fussing and kicking where u should be praying for enough free advice from nice, volunteering Nairalanders
Re: This Itching Patient Needs Your Help And Advice. by obua: 4:25pm On Oct 13, 2014
Go and do a thyroid function text.
Which other symptoms do you have.
Re: This Itching Patient Needs Your Help And Advice. by seggexco(m): 6:58pm On Oct 13, 2014
spotit:
and ur thinking there's an automatic fix?

do what i have told you. I'm not your doctor or a dermatologist. I'm telling you as someone who experienced this for sometime and got through it by carefully researching and isolating particular hpc products that i was using and now, i can't even remember i once had it

if you must know what i stopped...i had to take the information on Product content labels seriously. i quit gluten...that means i either totally stopped oatmeal or changed to another brand. i also stopped some canned baked beans/tomato/corned beef brands and changed from medicated soaps to dove bubble bathcream...
your change of location might also be involved..

I'll tell you other ones when i remember... for now, that's pretty much it.

and look at you being all impatient and....*hisses*
something your doctors couldn't help you with, you're now fussing and kicking where u should be praying for enough free advice from nice, volunteering Nairalanders

Thank you very much, i appreciate.
Re: This Itching Patient Needs Your Help And Advice. by Nobody: 7:03pm On Oct 13, 2014
seggexco:

Thank you very much, i appreciate.
u can do the thyroid function test as someone has suggested... Remember, product content label is just the Nutritional Information on packaged foods. i stopped a brand of pasta and noodles too...lol

(1) (Reply)

z / Cooking With Gas Raises Risk Of Lung Cancer / Scar Removal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.