Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,505 members, 7,830,517 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:52 AM

Law And Culture - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Law And Culture (660 Views)

Law and Grace: The Great Reconciliation. / A Teaching Presented On Law And Grace. Please Read And Learn/comment / Breaking Gods Law And The Mark Of The Beast...... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Law And Culture by sinto5(m): 10:40pm On Oct 13, 2014
Am so confused about somth, what is law? and what is culture? cos in Christianity we've Marge this whole thing together, I might not be forward in my question but I know u guys should have got what I mean, please I need some explanation....
Re: Law And Culture by naturally: 10:42pm On Oct 13, 2014
IMO culture is a way of life, its inbuilt in the society while law is the rules and regulation made to govern the people in the society
Re: Law And Culture by sinto5(m): 10:51pm On Oct 13, 2014
naturally:
IMO culture is a way of life, its inbuilt in the society while law is the rules and regulation made to govern the people in the society

bro was it not law that become culture?
Re: Law And Culture by Alexk2(m): 9:04am On Oct 14, 2014
I quite understand your confussn especially as in relate to conflicting cultures/traditions with Christianity and the bible.
few weeks ago, i opened a thread asking a questn abt one of those conflicting topics..www.nairaland.com/1923307/it-sin-drop-once-offering

Law is the moral standard of a people.
The point is, Jesus Christ didnt come to erase our culture, law and traditions as stated in Mattew...but to set standards for it.
Culture and traditions are good but whatever is good but doesnt find root from the bible or against what the bible teaches, such is wrong and every Christians should reject it...if you check such culture very well, they re rooted in idolatary and immorality.

This is a wake up call to all Christians to make the bible our doctrine and culture and not to use the culture and tradition to rewrite the bible.
Re: Law And Culture by sinto5(m): 10:47am On Oct 14, 2014
Alexk2:
I quite understand your confussn especially as in relate to conflicting cultures/traditions with Christianity and the bible.
few weeks ago, i opened a thread asking a questn abt one of those conflicting topics..www.nairaland.com/1923307/it-sin-drop-once-offering

Law is the moral standard of a people.
The point is, Jesus Christ didnt come to erase our culture, law and traditions as stated in Mattew...but to set standards for it.
Culture and traditions are good but whatever is good but doesnt find root from the bible or against what the bible teaches, such is wrong and every Christians should reject it...if you check such culture very well, they re rooted in idolatary and immorality.

thanks, from what u wrote our culture should not be part of out Christianity...

This is a wake up call to all Christians to make the bible our doctrine and culture and not to use the culture and tradition to rewrite the bible.

but most time we allow our culture to rule even in the house of God....
Re: Law And Culture by Alexk2(m): 12:26pm On Oct 14, 2014
sinto5

but most time we allow our culture to rule even in the house of God....

that when our individual believe system calls to question...are we going to do something because itz done in our churches or because it is written in the bible or bible based in short?...the church may be compromising the bible's standard but you have to decide u wont!
Re: Law And Culture by Yahwin(m): 12:54pm On Oct 14, 2014
Culture and pagan traditions are ruling the christendom. The church was founded on heathen tradition.
Re: Law And Culture by urheme: 1:20pm On Oct 14, 2014
sinto5:
Am so confused about somth, what is law? and what is culture? cos in Christianity we've Marge this whole thing together, I might not be forward in my question but I know u guys should have got what I mean, please I need some explanation....

Christianity is totally different from law and custom, cause the bible is its standard, a custom could change or be expunged for being repugnant just as laws are repealed but the bible remain constant.

there is however a meeting point between the 3 and that has to do with morality, some moral norms in the bible are preserve in our laws though there is sanction by the state for breeching them, eg. thou shall not kill, the state law on killing supersede that of culture and religion.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Lies About President Jonathan Being A Christian President / Why Did You Choose To Follow Jesus? / What Is Your Say About The Grail Message?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.