Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,768 members, 7,809,960 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:51 PM

Learning Animations!!! What You Need To Know. - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Learning Animations!!! What You Need To Know. (4663 Views)

Learning Animations: Newbies Minimum Requirements. / Learning Animations. First Thing First. / Synergy In 3D Animations. What Does It Mean? How Does It Work? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Learning Animations!!! What You Need To Know. by reidkrugger(m): 8:14am On Oct 14, 2014
Hello Guys, Just tot to giv a few pointers abt d subject. First of, nothing is impossible if the approach to it is logical n well tot out. And just like anyother trade, Animation can b learnt. Well the problem is, we attempt to solve this puzzle from d wrong perspective. Yeah, in d end d Question is wot can it do for u? Some others already start building up a $100k salary in there heads while stil at d teething stages n so they begin trying to earn with it even if they cant properly animate. Maybe in this light, these set of ppl r right as Quality of anime is relative. As for me, I want nothing less than wot Pixar, DreamWorks, BlueSky etc r doing. I want to stand out n dats d only way u‘ll get recognition outside this shores. Not by doing some annoying “principle fail“ animations. Yes, we grow but certainly not into mediocres.
This Anime thing in this country is about to take off with less than a handful trying and a vast pool stil very far from fair. And d worst is, they look comfortable with this cuz this year, they do this n d nxt year they do dsame thing. Ill-ly adviced, they were hoping to learn animations from youtube and wi 20 or 50k internet data. Where are they now? Money n resources gone like vooom!!!
Well, I do teach Anime but dont come to me wi 100k minset in mind. Same goes to doz mailing me 4 a wonderful game idea. Nigerians like to do stuffs for peanuts cuz dats wot they can afford, or dat they think its too much an amount to pay for some service, yet they buy fones n cars worth alot more than these items r actually worth. Anime is art, its wot ppl see so u dont need to brag abt it. If u r good, they‘ll know n if u r horrible about it well, dats ur new nightmare.
If U want results n b good at what u do, things have got to change. Forget, About Your 100 or 200k Learning Payment plan and embrace the feasible. Or you could spend about that same amountt of cash Learning for years and hitting road blocks, some of which u might never solve. Its your call.

1 Like

Re: Learning Animations!!! What You Need To Know. by Princealex1(m): 8:50am On Oct 14, 2014
Plz hw can i meet u? I wuld lyk to no more abt wat u hv to offer
Re: Learning Animations!!! What You Need To Know. by Tymax(m): 10:02am On Oct 14, 2014
Interesting. One major reason why our animations (3D) don't look good is lack of specialty. Division of labour helps a lot.

One guy would handle modeling, texturing/shading, rigging, facial expressions, cloth and hair animation, lighting, effects, compositing and he would still render it. Some would even handle sound as well. Haba!

It can't be excellent that way na.

3 Likes

Re: Learning Animations!!! What You Need To Know. by reidkrugger(m): 2:04pm On Oct 14, 2014
Princealex1:
Plz hw can i meet u? I wuld lyk to no more abt wat u hv to offer

Thanks for your comment and you can reach me here or on chimatic@gmail.com and as for in person, i only meet people on business talks but i'm sure we could work something out. Also, plz stick with this thread there is somewhere i'm going with this.

@Tymax, You are right about that, but then it's either our country or the continent and that's what we have to deal with. I used to think like that but now i'm above it. Back then i wanted to concentrate on animations and how it works but no matter how much i animated, it never is appreciated as much as it is supposed to. Why? Because alot of people cant separate motion from modelling and texturing and that happened for a very loooooong time until i decided to go the whole nine yards. Now i'm confident handling all of that by myself. Then again you are right, we still need some division of labour because up till now i hate animating lip syncing. And even Pixar allocates say about 4 or so animators to a character and that's one of the reasons why they are awesome. So in a way, it has helped me as a 3d artist from Nigeria. But alot of sacrifices were made. The type that will make people call you krazy or kolo and in the end it all came to this.

I dont need to enlighting anybody here about the potentials about 3d in this country or in Africa as a whole. From home entertainment, adverts, internet channels, the lists are endless. Yet not one has been properly tapped here. Some months ago, my then boss called me and showed me an article about animations in Africa. I cant remember the source again now, but after reading this article, i pointed to him the problems we are facing here as a nation. Now some years back a group of guys came together and started clicking until they churned out "Things fall apart". It looked awesome at first, but as you get into it, you find out that it's majorly MOCAP. And that's why the feet slide without control and they dont deform naturally when falling or taken down in a fight "gidigbo". That one single shot killed that feature amongst other things. Also, they came as a Studio with division of labour in the bag for them as well stil, they couldn't pull it off. What i'm i saying? Wether MOCAP, 2 or 3D, if you dont know how to animate, you dont know how to animate. Nothing has changed. But it was worth giving a shot though so kudos to the guys that churned out the movie. It's a helluva job going that far.

We lack the expertise in churning out very good animations and that's a fact but when you start adding things like go to YouTube or i want to learn animations for 100k or 200k, then you've missed it. Animation is big business and a hard skill to learn. I've seen schools advertise and make noise about teaching animations with nothing to show for up till now.

So the Question is... Do U want to learn animations and animate like they do in Disney, Pixar, BlueSky etc. Or you can only afford 200k to pay for your animation tuition from a crude mediocre? This one major Question opens alot of doors to how far you'll go animating. I am open to whatever it is anyone has to say on this matter and always standing to be corrected as long as the person knows what it is he's talking about. There are alot happening and when i think about it, it makes me sad on how we go on about animation in this country.

I've had this idea of how to Animate but wanted to be able to Animate like The Big Studios. And after some "try this and that tactics" i finally understood how they animate and carved out my niche. I intend to launch an Online School to help other Africans out of there Animation predicament but before then, i intend to bomb you guys with samples of how far i've gone with this. I posted a shot on here last week. While doing that shot, i got answers to alot if not all my questions. I'll post another shot this week to show you what all these plenty grammar is for.

1 Like

Re: Learning Animations!!! What You Need To Know. by OKX(m): 12:57am On Oct 15, 2014
@reid
Tsup bro....been a bit.

I read ur post and our opinions couldn't be further apart on most issues.

There's no price tag on learning a skill, it all boils down to DRIVE and the individuals natural talent and his or her ability to identify and CORRECTLY POSITION themselves in the relevant sector of the industry.

Yes! U can teach urself animation thru studying help files, tutorials whether Youtube or otherwise and it could be as cheap or expensive as an average internet plan. D determining factor is d individuals latent skill, drive and determination.

When I started, internet connections were a luxury. All my knowledge was obtained through d help files that came with my software. Video tutorials were practically non existent. What I laboured to master in weeks is simplified in a 2minute Youtube video tutorial nowadays.
So imagine wot resources ur average internet plan can expose u to.

I still prefer reading help files to video tutes cos they give more indepth understanding, but I refute d notion that one cannot go far with a very modest budget.

Again no insult meant, but judging from ur posts, u aren't quite ready to 'teach' animation, maybe d term should be 'share' ur methods.

There are sites where u can post ur work and let seasoned professionals constructively critique it, then u will improve ur game. When u reach teacher status, ur animations will make it evident.

It is d same syndrome u referred to where people who aren't quite ready dive into projects, and it ultimately hurts d industry.

Pixar and company don't create awesome work just cos they use a lot of artists, they do because they use skilled artists who understand d fundamentals.

Our challenge is going public prematurely, and sounding like we r all dat, meanwhile our work wouldn't stand up against a first year interns work in an average studio abroad. Meanwhile we all have access to the same resources.

I went over the curriculum of a typical animation course, and I began to understand why there's a difference in the quality of our animation and our foreign counterparts. Their focus is primarily on just mastering the principles and their application.
One spends months animating simple motions and studying d mechanics and dynamics of motion.

When ur eye has been properly trained, u begin to see d gaping flaws in our animations, and why clients will keep offering us peanuts for our offerings.

So lets rein in those egos, kill d superior attitude, synergize to share ideas and methods, be open to criticism, and encourage newbies with accurate information and we are well on our way.

Just my thots.....

9 Likes

Re: Learning Animations!!! What You Need To Know. by Shamoo100(m): 3:57am On Oct 15, 2014
Thumbs up fellaz...nyc1(0); wink
So now for a beginner lyk me whats your advice ??
Re: Learning Animations!!! What You Need To Know. by reidkrugger(m): 11:43am On Oct 15, 2014
@Okx,

I'm good. Ok eerrmm i dont think u really read my posts cuz we are like saying same thing for most of the part. In the first post, I did say that "And just like anyother trade, Animation can b learnt". The 100 or 200k part is when you have to pay that money to somebody to teach you animations and guess what, they dont teach it forever meaning it has a time limit. Now whether one pays 10 or 20k it don't matter if you don't achieve your goal to learn. Well like you said, i learnt animations using help files too and there are a ton hidden in the help files than learning from youtube. Again please show me whoever you know that has learnt animations from youtube.

"Again no insult meant, but judging from ur posts, u aren't quite ready to 'teach' animation, maybe d term should be 'share' ur methods." None taken. But did you read up to here, where it says bla bla bla "I posted a shot on here last week. While doing that shot, i got answers to alot if not all my questions". Again we all have our stories so there is nothing to brag about and the thing about ego is it's everywhere. Every sector and there own. A looking forward to be better than B and B than C, it goes on. So ego is no problem as long as you know what you are doing, my opinion though. And how do you know i am ready to teach or not? I mean you might be right but how do you know? Or a better question is what exactly do you mean.

You did mention something about my posts, now i wouldn't know which or what particularly you were refering to, so it would be nice to please clarify let's see if i can provide an answer to that. But for the record, my last shot was geared towards learning and understanding "Facial Animations". I started from the middle where the guy starts talking and didn't get what i was experimenting on until a quarter to the end. As you can see, the start is good because i did that last. Now the female had none, i intended it so because i didnt want to waste anyother time as the focus was on the male stil i couldn't leave her like that doing nothing and that's why she was just playing with her phone. She was rigged in CAT and her walk cycle again in CAT. The guy was done with custom bones. So, why didnt i fix this probs? Because i got bored and lazy. Plus i wanted to see the difference in another shot.

I agree with the eye training thing but that is really not the reason clients in Nigeria would pay peanuts. They pay or would pay because Nigerians are like that. You see things like this everyday in the construction sector for instance, even when the BOQ specifies N800M, the client still wants to pay N300M. And asides incompetency, this is another reason why buildings collapse. Well you could say they are all tagged under incompetency. So if the previous paragraph is anything to go by, it then means YES, i do have a trained eye.

As for the "Pixar and company don't create awesome work just cos they use a lot of artists, they do because they use skilled artists who understand d fundamentals." Are you saying one Artist can churn out all that work, if not i refer you back to "Tymax" post.

Always nice hearing from you Bro.
Re: Learning Animations!!! What You Need To Know. by OKX(m): 12:57pm On Oct 15, 2014
@reid
Interesting response.

Learning employs different tactics. I merely meant that ruling out any source is misleading. There are no hard n fast rules.

I said what I did about 'teaching' cos there are several gaps in the animations u've posted so far, inasmuch as they show promise. In my book, teaching is only possible when a total grasp of a subject has been done (at least of the foundations)

Until then, one may 'share' what one knows but still be open to learning from fellow practitioners.

Don't post clips that u got bored and lazy with, especially if in the same post u are talking about training or teaching or bombing guys. U are assessed by what u post and d info u provide or don't provide about d clips u post.

At least tag it a work in progress and state what u have or haven't done.

U cld for example do a close up on just the chap if facial animation was ur focus. D female could be offstage talking, that way u totally focus on d facial reactions. Shot planning and storytelling is key in animation.

But like I said, don't listen to me, upload ur work on critique sites n absorb d feedback. It will snd u back to d drawing board
and u will launch bigger n better.

On d Pixar thing I meant it was about quality not quantity. 2 skilled artists beat 10 wack ones. Jeff Lew works alone and produces decent work, imagine 4 of him versus 50 of u or I.

I totally agree that specialization is vital because it allows one focus on a smaller sphere n subsequently master it.

People pay for what they 'perceive' to be the worth of a thing, not what u, the creator worth it at. It's all about perception, a Nigeria client pays no differently from a foreign one once u are able to break d mindset of his perception.

Being professional and producing decent work and presenting it professionally goes a long way in helping, in that regard. Ever wonder why d same Nigerian who jostles for stuff here queues abroad?....perception of different societies.

Up ur game, present it properly, price it realistically and u WILL get business.

And yes, I know chaps who learnt off the web. D challenge is filtering stuff and searching efficiently, dats why software help files aid in at least providing a basic background. Then one can search better.
And reading help files is free, its just dat sadly most people have lost the habit of study, n would rather watch a video tute.
Re: Learning Animations!!! What You Need To Know. by reidkrugger(m): 2:00pm On Oct 15, 2014
@Okx,

This last post i can relate to. Though you've still not answered my question about anyone learning from YouTube. I like Jeff Lew and used to have his training Dvds 1 to 3. Those dvds were there for a long time without me knowing how to apply whatever it is he is saying. The only thing i learnt then was how to use the graph editor. I'm saying that when he teaches i seem to follow but applying on my own becomes a problem. A lot of people learning that way when it comes to animations only know what is been taught at the time and not "knowing animation per se". And that's why it's always confusing and difficult to animate something else because they learnt and crammed a walk cycle. Ok, can you do a convincing somersault, a leap, a fall, a fight scene? No, because they crammed the walk cycle and that's whats in there head.

I dont do WIPs and i dont know why. Also, i dont do 10secs or 5secs shots as well. I learn everyday and still learning but i disagree with you on Jeff Lew and me and you ratio been 4:50 on quality of animation. Lolz, i'm not that bad and not blowing my trumpet but seriously i'm far from been that bad.

I don't understand up your game and i want to believe you have something to say about the last shot and if its not, what exactly am i up-ping?

"Don't post clips that u got bored and lazy with, especially if in the same post u are talking about training or teaching or bombing guys. U are assessed by what u post and d info u provide or don't provide about d clips u post." Lol, i dont know what to answer on this one as i've made myself clear earlier. Any criticism on the shot is welcomed as well.
Re: Learning Animations!!! What You Need To Know. by Tymax(m): 9:01pm On Oct 15, 2014
It's hard to criticize naija animations nowdays sef because of impossible deadlines and low budget. It appears all these clients want cheap (but excellent) work and they want it now now.

In fact I applaud the effort of our animators. I only hope we would have more synergy as time goes on.

Perhaps one day, we would have a nairaland project that would harness all the skills in this section. I'm certain that the results would be amazing.
Re: Learning Animations!!! What You Need To Know. by reidkrugger(m): 5:49pm On Oct 16, 2014
Tymax:
It's hard to criticize naija animations nowdays sef because of impossible deadlines and low budget. It appears all these clients want cheap (but excellent) work and they want it now now.

In fact I applaud the effort of our animators. I only hope we would have more synergy as time goes on.

Perhaps one day, we would have a nairaland project that would harness all the skills in this section. I'm certain that the results would be amazing.

Quite true, But we as animators also have a long way to go in this country. Most of the animations i see here are annoying and its worse cuz of the negative inconsistencies. A lot of people rely so much on MOCAP and they tell lies about it, disregarding the harmful effects it has on your growth. It's only good when you are that good animating. Also animations gets better with time if your foundation is right. But i find this one thing to be true, in that if it starts churning out money it will have every ones audience and that time is very very close. So animating is one thing and animating well is another regardless of style. And this is something alot of people don't understand.

Take for instance a toy story cartoony animation and compare it to one of those DC 3d animations like "The Justice League's Injustice gods amongst us". You see a lot going on in the Toy story animation but you don't see much happening in the JL animation. So is this enough to deduce that the later is bad? No, Sir. Another is the "Family guy" cartoon, now as odd as this one might seem, the animations on here are far better than the ones in Naruto. A lot of people might not agree but that's the truth.

Animations is not just about principles, because with all this principles in the bag, you still don't know what you don't know. Animations require alot of other domestic stuff. Normal everyday routine that's hardly noticed. If i ask alot of people in here to criticize a shot, they'll hardly tell you what the problem is and sometimes when they come close, the pointers are relatively just another way the character could be animated or the action could happen. What to look for is The flow and the order in which things work. Get that in the bag and your eye is trained. Again you are only limited by what you know so Mastership is not guaranteed, for where you reside as a master might be someone else's foot stool and i'm talking real masters here.

For us here in this country, the major problem is sacrifice, determination and excuses. To worsen the matter, we also like seeing things from the wrong perspective because we feel comfortable with that. Well, learning anything is not comfortable and that is not about to change for animations either.
Re: Learning Animations!!! What You Need To Know. by ncpat(m): 7:47pm On Oct 19, 2014
The problem of animation here in Nigeria is power. Where do you have the electricity to render some animation that can take up to a week?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auUVNpF_QU4
Re: Learning Animations!!! What You Need To Know. by reidkrugger(m): 1:03pm On Oct 20, 2014
@ncpat, If u followed this thread keenly, you'ld have seen this "It looked awesome at first, but as you get into it, you find out that it's majorly MOCAP. And that's why the feet slide without control" somewhere in my second post. Well, now that it's here again asides the first time you posted it some months ago, i'll tell you straight. Keep away from MOCAP. It will harm you more than do you good, unless you already know some basics about animating. Up till now you still cant fix the sliding feet even after posting it some months back and it's here in my face, again. Take your time learning from scratch and in no time you'll be up to speed, but if you decide to keep with your MOCAP then here's wishing you the best.

Yes, Power is a problem and everyone knows that but if you keep blaming it on the already evident power and government then you'll never learn anime. Again this singular reason is why one cant learn animation for 100 or 200k. Unless maybe your focus is on "The Area" kind of Animation.

@Shamoo100, hello there. Sorry for leaving you hanging, well before anything at all, i'll advice you read reviews on softwares and how long it took people to know them or how flexible it is plus what it's capable of. You know, like it's strenghts and weaknesses, it's user community base and how accessible is help on that platform from the software angle blablabla. Maybe take a week doing that then pick anyone of your choice. Goodluck.

1 Like

Re: Learning Animations!!! What You Need To Know. by reidkrugger(m): 5:10pm On Oct 21, 2014
Hello Guys.

Eeerrr I just finished putting up my latest video/reel. It's a simple one and its the successor to the last video i made when i was trying out my new formula for facial animations. The Character this time is rigged with the CAT rig. The scene is very simple. Hope u understand the story this time. catch'ya later.

[url][/url]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqHd2CKiXfI[url][/url]

Yeah, Okx i see you.
Re: Learning Animations!!! What You Need To Know. by OKX(m): 8:15pm On Oct 21, 2014
lol, I see ya too.

Nice. Promising.
I will reserve any critique since u didn't ask for any.

Good going.
Re: Learning Animations!!! What You Need To Know. by reidkrugger(m): 8:20pm On Oct 21, 2014
OKX:
lol, I see ya too.

Nice. Promising.
I will reserve any critique since u didn't ask for any.

Good going.

Lets hear it.
Re: Learning Animations!!! What You Need To Know. by OKX(m): 12:45am On Oct 22, 2014
I said promising cos u have some poses that r interesting.
I would regard it as a pose-to-pose animation yet to be in-betweened completely.

The character moves from poses with little or no overlap.
U still need to employ moving holds to kill d deadness in d motion.
If d focus is on facial animation, then move d camera in for a close up. The head is normally thrown back slightly for the big vowels or exclamations to allow d throat a clear line, and ur animation should reflect the right body language to match d mood.

Always remember dat d body is a linked system of bones n d movement of a joint should have an outward effect on d surrounding joints.

Break up d joint movements and transmit it down d chain n ur well on ur way to improved output.

If I were ur tutor, I'd break d above into simple actions n fine tune d heck outta it.
D neck n head were stiff through most of d animation. In reality, our neck/head is never really perfectly still even when we r being passive.

Shoot reference of urself just sitting down n shaking ur head and speaking, u may b surprised at d various subtle motions ur entire body makes in dat simple action.

Good job. I particularly liked his reaction when d 'girlfriend' caught him mid-sentence.
Re: Learning Animations!!! What You Need To Know. by reidkrugger(m): 11:16am On Oct 22, 2014
Okx i've gone through your "criticisms" and i totally disagree with you for the most part and MORE. Taking it one by one;

1) "I would regard it as a pose-to-pose animation yet to be in-betweened completely". What does this mean? Where in the Animation needs tweening? And if i didnt tween how do you think it would look like?

2) "The character moves from poses with little or no overlap." Again where in the scene did this happen? Mind you, without overlap everything would happen robotically. Or maybe you dont know what OVERLAP means.

3) "U still need to employ moving holds to kill d deadness in d motion". There is no part in the animation that dont have a moving hold. The thing that you fail or dont understand is that he's sitting on a chair for the most part hence free movements will be restricted to some parts of his body especially as he is somewhat tensed and the gravitational pull on him is some what dead. The only possible motions will tend to occur in his upper body and maybe legs if necessary.

Yeah and i can put the camera anywhere i like in the scene as long as people can see what i'm trying to show. I could go on and on but would be a waste of my time as you clearly do not understand this things like you think you do. And is evident in your own animation shots especially the one that you did about fire. You obviously read these things or watch them in videos. You have never really put them into action. Or maybe you just feel like talking.

"If I were ur tutor, I'd break d above into simple actions n fine tune d heck outta it." Now this one is laughable. I respect you like i respect anyone else but this... How can you be my Tutor? You presume too much plus you are no where near me talking "Animating". Understand this. The last part was actually the easiest to animate as it took me about ten minutes or so to setup. You could see that because the hold was swerving massively. And that's why you couldn't see the others unless of course you really don't know what a "moving hold" is. You need to "Train your eyes" and you need a lot of practice. And from the way you talk I think you need Plenty.

Thanks for the criticism anyways, even if they were all wrong.
Re: Learning Animations!!! What You Need To Know. by OKX(m): 12:52pm On Oct 22, 2014
@reid.
Wow...dis is majorly why we r less than we can be.
Trust me, I have zero interest in an ego battle.
If u feel there's nothing of value in my assessment (which u asked for), then trash it.

For clarity, I said inbetweened COMPLETELY. U do have some decent tweens but not in all cases.

It's tough to see ones work objectively at times, and if u can get past ur initial reaction and consider d points, I bet u, u may grab a thing or two.

No part of the human body stays perfectly still even if ur static.
D poses where he's talking and his hands r up draws d eye cos d hands r still in d various poses.
Same with d hips n head in various shots. If u want to maintain d pose for effect, just slightly drift d joint and u will see d difference it makes.

Even if ur sitting down n talking, ur whole body moves subtly. Dats wot makes d difference between a character being alive and moving, and a character appearing as if it is being moved by an animator.

Shoot reference shots to guide ur animating. It helps a ton.

I apologize if my phrasing offended u with d tutor remark, we all learn n r tutored on a daily tho. It was an expression and d point I was tryna make was dat breaking d animation into simple segments will reveal d tons of tweaking dat will go into each sequence to polish d animation....and only ur tutor could be in a position to tell u dat, or a mentor. I wasn't assuming a role.

U have d major elements less polish.
I didn't do an animation about fire.
If u r interested and r genuinely interested in upping ur game, we could participate in a series of sequence animations here to illustrate my points. I daresay d experience would be mutually beneficial. We r a long way from our counterparts n I have personally passed d level of ego clouding my objectivity.

I gat nothing but respect for anyone in this game, frequently post ur work on critique sites n objectively absorb d comments.

Again good job, d paths may differ but I believe ultimately we all arrive at d desired destination.
Re: Learning Animations!!! What You Need To Know. by reidkrugger(m): 1:45pm On Oct 22, 2014
OKX:
"@reid.
Wow...dis is majorly why we r less than we can be.
Trust me, I have zero interest in an ego battle."

Maybe go through your posts again.

"For clarity, I said inbetweened COMPLETELY. U do have some decent tweens but not in all cases". Again Like where

"No part of the human body stays perfectly still even if ur static.
D poses where he's talking and his hands r up draws d eye cos d hands r still in d various poses.
Same with d hips n head in various shots. If u want to maintain d pose for effect, just slightly drift d joint and u will see d difference it makes".

Yes no part is perfectly still and that also is same for this shot. You just didnt notice. Look harder. A drift spoils everything in this case as it works against its timing. Too much action in a short space of time, you get? Or maybe, You act it out.

"Even if ur sitting down n talking, ur whole body moves subtly. Dats wot makes d difference between a character being alive and moving, and a character appearing as if it is being moved by an animator". The moving hold. It's there again as i've pointed out earlier.

"Shoot reference shots to guide ur animating. It helps a ton". I acted it out Bro.

"I apologize if my phrasing offended u with d tutor remark, we all learn n r tutored on a daily tho. It was an expression and d point I was tryna make was dat breaking d animation into simple segments will reveal d tons of tweaking dat will go into each sequence to polish d animation....and only ur tutor could be in a position to tell u dat, or a mentor. I wasn't assuming a role." Hmmmm.

"U have d major elements less polish." Again like What?

"I didn't do an animation about fire". Ok my Bad but here's what i'm talking about [url][/url]https://www.nairaland.com/1075498/funny-animation-dangers-smoking-wip[url][/url]

'If u r interested and r genuinely interested in upping ur game, we could participate in a series of sequence animations here to illustrate my points. I daresay d experience would be mutually beneficial. We r a long way from our counterparts n I have personally passed d level of ego clouding my objectivity." This sounds like you are calling me out. Problem is, i dont know how to say NO. But why dont you start with a recent shot of your work. Then we'll take it from there.

"I gat nothing but respect for anyone in this game, frequently post ur work on critique sites n objectively absorb d comments." You keep on saying this stuffs. For someone with a trained eye and seriously? All the ones you've been posting, how have they helped you?

Again good job, d paths may differ but I believe ultimately we all arrive at d desired destination.
Re: Learning Animations!!! What You Need To Know. by OKX(m): 6:08pm On Oct 22, 2014
Bro, we r obviously on different pages.

To avoid more misunderstandings, I will refrain from more comments on d clip.
It's beginning to sound like a personal battle.
Critique is a matter of opinion and not necessarily fact.

I voiced mine ONLY when u asked for it.
At best, ignore it. I gat nothing to prove to u.

I suggested d animation sequences as an opportunity to illustrate d principles I referred to, and MUTUALLY LEARN not as a competition between us.

D offer still stands should u choose to take it.

D clip u referred to was a wip from way back, but feel free to share ur thots on d animation. No work is totally perfect, n all critique has a thing or two to add.

Do u consider d work u posted as flawless.
If u don't, then arguing d critique contradicts it.
If u do, I rest my case.

Cheers bro
Re: Learning Animations!!! What You Need To Know. by reidkrugger(m): 7:10pm On Oct 22, 2014
We are on different pages because you made it so but there are no misunderstandings, i'm seeing things the way you've put them. Again you are making thesame mistakes most guys here have made in that whether you refrain from or not dont change nothing and i dont care.
We see things from different perspectives and yeah, "No work is totally perfect, n all critique has a thing or two to add". But criticising is one and coming here telling me you are my tutor is another. That was uncalled for and that's where you started getting it wrong.

You've said your work i posted its link here i's a WIP so there's nothing to criticise. When you post the finished work then i'll have something to say. Again, shying away from competition is not my style but if you post a recent work of yours then like i said earlier, we'll take it from there.
I also have nothing to prove and a very busy person but there are some things i wont stand for and you've done some of them. And yeah, it's not completely flawless but not the things you pointed out.

Cheers.
Re: Learning Animations!!! What You Need To Know. by OKX(m): 7:53pm On Oct 22, 2014
Bro, have fun. I didn't say I was ur tutor.
And read d comments I made concerning d animation u posted a link to. I relish critique, positive or otherwise.
Re: Learning Animations!!! What You Need To Know. by reidkrugger(m): 9:05pm On Oct 22, 2014
Well, its ok. You could upload your shot by yourself. Certainly you dont need Reid for that & it need not be a competition. And thanks for the inputs.
Re: Learning Animations!!! What You Need To Know. by reidkrugger(m): 11:15am On Oct 23, 2014
Hello Okx,

A lot has been said and i dont think anyone is learning anything from what we've said so far, especially the Newbies. So prior to your proposed Animation sequence thing, i would like to see a recent reel of yours. I'll be online all day today until about 4:30pm.

Cheers.
Re: Learning Animations!!! What You Need To Know. by honeywallz: 3:21am On Oct 27, 2014
Round II.
Gbagauun!
Re: Learning Animations!!! What You Need To Know. by reidkrugger(m): 11:08am On Nov 03, 2014
Hello People and i trust you are all doing good. Well, its been long this thread was updated so i thought to update it by including something new. I'm sorry how it went at the start but this things happen. So if you'll indulge me this opportunity of uploading this.

[url][/url]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlMF5CoHOCc[url][/url]

Now, Okx the ball is in your court. From the time we last talked to now, i've come up with this. You on the other hand have not said a thing and that is something i hate. People talking like they are all that but dont know jack. Talking is easy, Doing is Hard. But I do both. So i started like two days or so after we last chatted and finished rendering on saturday morning and tadaaaaa is what you have. Dont make the mistake you made with me again, i dont know how to turn the other cheek, so i'll let this pass. And now to the thread where this rightly belongs. And this is no second round either.

Regardz.
Re: Learning Animations!!! What You Need To Know. by ipad(m): 6:36pm On Nov 04, 2014
@Readkrugger I'll be surprised if Okx replies you.

My phone's internet isn't cooperating right now, so I haven't seen the videos you posted to determine if you mouth equals your skills, but you need to swallow a chill pill.

By the way, where were you going when you started your post (I thought you were going to announce an animation training course).

Anyways, have fun on your chosen path, but as been suggested, Synergy is one of the critical keys to any substantial success in animation.

Cheers
Re: Learning Animations!!! What You Need To Know. by reidkrugger(m): 4:58pm On Nov 05, 2014
ipad:
@Readkrugger I'll be surprised if Okx replies you.

My phone's internet isn't cooperating right now, so I haven't seen the videos you posted to determine if you mouth equals your skills, but you need to swallow a chill pill.

By the way, where were you going when you started your post (I thought you were going to announce an animation training course).

Anyways, have fun on your chosen path, but as been suggested, Synergy is one of the critical keys to any substantial success in animation.

Cheers

@Iphone, Is your phone internet cooperating now? And does my mouth equal my skillz? And did u go through the entire thread before yapping? And do you understand english at all?

Cheers.
Re: Learning Animations!!! What You Need To Know. by jjamani(m): 5:44pm On Nov 23, 2014
@reidkrugger. do you know how to use blender 3d.. cos I need you to teach I and my team.. here is my email jjamani12@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Learning Animations!!! What You Need To Know. by Tos87(m): 6:40pm On Nov 23, 2014
This thread shud be closed...and as for you rugger...I don't know you but the attitude you have shown has proven that people like you don't stay long in the CG world.the two anime you have posted needs serious work. Just seat down and watch any dreamworks project you claim to be like, you will understande what I mean...if your wacked ego would let you. And pls don't quote me. See it as lil and non-offensive advice from an aspiring 3D animator. @ okx...pls don't reply this dude again...if you do, its then obvious you guys seem alike.
Re: Learning Animations!!! What You Need To Know. by reidkrugger(m): 12:47pm On Nov 24, 2014
jjamani:
@reidkrugger. do you know how to use blender 3d.. cos I need you to teach I and my team.. here is my email jjamani12@gmail.com

Hello, I dont know how to use blender and i've sent you a mail.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Logo Designs: Jimmyfix Designs E-portfolio / Amazing Graphic Designs By Me / Please I Need 3D Animation Training

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 145
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.