Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,970 members, 7,817,847 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:07 PM

BREAKING: Again, Jonathan Snubs #bringbackourgirls Protesters - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: Again, Jonathan Snubs #bringbackourgirls Protesters (3429 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan Snubs Meeting With PDP Chairman Modu Sheriff [PUNCH] / BREAKING: Again, Yoruba Traditional Ruler Kidnapped By Fulani Herdsmen / Otti's Shocker As Jonathan Snubs Him In Aba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING: Again, Jonathan Snubs #bringbackourgirls Protesters by Titilayodeji13(m): 5:39pm On Oct 14, 2014
President Goodluck Jonathan on Tuesday
ignored the BringBackOurGirls
campaigners who marched towards his
office to seek the release of more than
200 Chibok schoolgirls abducted by Boko
Haram.
The snub was the second from the
president since the girls were seized six
months ago.
The protesters announced Monday they
will meet the president Tuesday after
their first attempt in May failed as police
barred them from reaching the Aso Rock
presidential villa.
The team was halted at the Eagles Square
before a presidential delegation, led by
the government’s secretary, Pius Anyim,
addressed them.
This time, October 14, exactly six months
after armed insurgents burst into the
Chibok school compound and took
hundreds of girls hostage, the
campaigners said they will “engage with”
the president and urge a speedy rescue of
the girls.
Early Tuesday, the government stepped up
security around the villa with armed
officers stationed at strategic locations to
wade off protesters.
The march was scheduled to begin at
Unity Fountain, located close to
Transcorp Hilton Hotels, Maitama, and to
proceed to the State House through the
Federal Secretariat.
But by 8.20 a.m., the government
deployed a large team of armed officers at
the two major gates leading to the Villa,
apparently to forestall possible
breakdown of order.
At the gate approaching from the Fire
Service side of Asokoro, armed policemen
and soldiers were stationed at the traffic
light junction before the usual security
checkpoint.
There were similar deployments at the
federal secretariat end of the entrance.
Armed police officers and soldiers from
the Brigades of Guards were stationed at a
spot between the Villa Gate and the access
road that leads to the National Assembly.
By late afternoon, campaigners marched
through streets to the president’s office
but were stopped at Yakubu Gowon
Crescent where the president again
refused to meet them, merely despatching
his female ministers to address the group.
In the team were the Ministers for
Women Affairs, Zainab Maina; Water
Resources, Sarah Ochekpe; Environment,
Laurentia Mallam, and Lands and
Housinf, Akon Eyakenyi.
More details later..
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/169451-breaking-again-jonathan-snubs-bringbackourgirls-protesters.html

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Again, Jonathan Snubs #bringbackourgirls Protesters by Keemy88(m): 5:45pm On Oct 14, 2014
Were you expecting jona to come out to address them? *sshhhiiooorrr* FTC sha..

Mods should move this to front page.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Again, Jonathan Snubs #bringbackourgirls Protesters by cecegorz(m): 5:51pm On Oct 14, 2014
May be they should have gone there with Malala.
With her current Nobel Laureate profile, GEJ may even rush out to meet them at the gate.

5 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Again, Jonathan Snubs #bringbackourgirls Protesters by Greatihex(m): 6:19pm On Oct 14, 2014
My Able presido!

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Again, Jonathan Snubs #bringbackourgirls Protesters by Greatihex(m): 6:19pm On Oct 14, 2014
Thats My Able presido!

12 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Again, Jonathan Snubs #bringbackourgirls Protesters by aljharem(m): 6:26pm On Oct 14, 2014
Good move! I will advice the president to call the police and pump tear gas to these protesters.

They should either go to the forest with their own guns or provide solutions.

The military are losing their lives each day for a political kidnap.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Again, Jonathan Snubs #bringbackourgirls Protesters by koboko69: 6:38pm On Oct 14, 2014
This is for the ignaromous that will flood this thread to say the protesters should take protest to sambisa

THESE ARE EXAMPLES OF PROTESTS TAKEN TO THE MOST SECURED BUILDING IN THE WORLD....THE WHITE HOUSE

Its only one with a 'CANKERWORMIC' brain that will see this protest to Aso Rock as nonsense. This is for the TANoids and OccupySocialMedia crew.

9 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Again, Jonathan Snubs #bringbackourgirls Protesters by Remarkable: 7:15pm On Oct 14, 2014
for some reason, I find that girl annoying... when she's talking, I feel that she feels like she's some great legend or super hero.... if I were GEJ I wouldn't even have met her the first time... lets see if the heavens would have fallen ...
(that might have given her some humility...)

cecegorz:
May be they should have gone there with Malala.
With her current Nobel Laureate profile, GEJ may even rush out to meet them at the gate.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Again, Jonathan Snubs #bringbackourgirls Protesters by richeso: 7:40pm On Oct 14, 2014
some people here are completely fools.
they come here to talk rubbish. but when threads are open to seek for their opinions in regards of the chibok saga ''what will they do''
you see them read and skip and never comment.

yet dem go come here dey come blow grammar without action.

to you Nigerians. ''[size=15pt]what have you done[/size]'' ?

and to the fools who speak rubbish against our presido.

1. what about the lives of the soldiers who die almost daily because of bokoharam? who protest for them ?
2. is the girls truly Missing? or another method to stage confusions and distraction ?
3. what exactly do they want the president to do? stage war with them and bring the girls? ( if truly girls are missing)

4. whats the protest for that the president have not done anything about ?

9 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Again, Jonathan Snubs #bringbackourgirls Protesters by egift(m): 8:49pm On Oct 14, 2014
richeso:
1. what about the lives of the soldiers who die almost daily because of bokoharam? who protest for them ?
2. is the girls truly Missing? or another method to stage confusions and distraction ?
3. what exactly do they want the president to do? stage war with them and bring the girls? ( if truly girls are missing)
4. whats the protest for that the president have not done anything about ?

I give up on you after reading your lousy questions. Ignorance is a big disease.

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Again, Jonathan Snubs #bringbackourgirls Protesters by udemzyudex(m): 9:04pm On Oct 14, 2014
egift:

I give up on you after reading your lousy questions. Ignorance is a big disease.

Oga answer the question naa...

Is it that our presido is not doing anything about it or what? If no then why is the NA still fighting the war against bokoharam?

you think you know more than the oga at the top concerning this scam?

The white that join the protest have stop because they know the truth.
Even the US that came did not say anything meaningful concerning this scam you call kidnap..

Oh..you want the presido to come and address those hungry protesters?

You should be happy the security men didn't drive them away this time.

5 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Again, Jonathan Snubs #bringbackourgirls Protesters by omanifrank(m): 9:08pm On Oct 14, 2014
kk
Re: BREAKING: Again, Jonathan Snubs #bringbackourgirls Protesters by Nobody: 9:14pm On Oct 14, 2014
Its a pity. The president doesn't give a damn about them

4 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Again, Jonathan Snubs #bringbackourgirls Protesters by courage54(m): 9:29pm On Oct 14, 2014
Even if Buhari is contesting in his grave I will still vote for him because he is the only man I call trust to bring sanity to our dear country. Am tired of this corrupt and negligent govt of the PDP.

4 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Again, Jonathan Snubs #bringbackourgirls Protesters by Ryabcool(m): 9:32pm On Oct 14, 2014
Remarkable:
for some reason, I find that girl annoying... when she's talking, I feel that she feels like she's some great legend or super hero.... if I were GEJ I wouldn't even have met her the first time... lets see if the heavens would have fallen ...
(that might have given her some humility...)

Humility? Who is GEJ near that little but powerful girl?

A girl that got shot in the head fighting for what she believed in? Can you compare her with that coward who couldn't visit Chibok to console the parents?

A girl that still continued fighting for girl child rights after the incident?

You want to compare that Embodiment of Female Strength with that Clueless Buffoon who only got into power by luck?

If GEJ and Malala are addressing World Leaders at the same time, who do you think they would first listen to? That Stammering Educated Illiterate?

GEJ should be humbled just standing 2miles from her. She is way beyond his league.

6 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Again, Jonathan Snubs #bringbackourgirls Protesters by Fashola4thSon: 9:58pm On Oct 14, 2014
No Girls are missing

Janjaweeed APC

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Again, Jonathan Snubs #bringbackourgirls Protesters by OgologoDimkpa: 10:35pm On Oct 14, 2014
Good@ Chibok saga is a SCAM for all I care for.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Again, Jonathan Snubs #bringbackourgirls Protesters by SEYIKP(m): 10:51pm On Oct 14, 2014
Today is a bad day for oga Jona.He's mourning the death of his oga son. come back on nov14, that is when he will be able to attend to you.
Re: BREAKING: Again, Jonathan Snubs #bringbackourgirls Protesters by egift(m): 1:11am On Oct 15, 2014
[img]http://2.bp..com/-1cu7iveYuYQ/U86R2SiflOI/AAAAAAADOSY/LDFAvhrisKU/s1600/1.jpg[/img]

President Jonathan during the meeting with #ChibokGirls Parents.

OgologoDimkpa:
Good@ Chibok saga is a SCAM for all I care for.

Are you calling President Jonathan a liar?

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Again, Jonathan Snubs #bringbackourgirls Protesters by Lucasbalo(m): 5:22am On Oct 15, 2014
aljharem:
Good move! I will advice the president to call the police and pump tear gas to these protesters.

They should either go to the forest with their own guns or provide solutions.

The military are losing their lives each day for a political kidnap.
Common my friend, you are better than that. Nigerian girls are missing and the President is clueless in finding them. This is a national shame. I live in a country that will go to war for a single citizen. The only thing the inept GEJ is good for is monumental corruption and mismanagement.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Again, Jonathan Snubs #bringbackourgirls Protesters by tit(f): 5:25am On Oct 15, 2014
they should use koboko on that oby ezekwesili.
I voluteer to sign and return to the force to deal with her.
It will be woman to woman, she no go get complain.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Again, Jonathan Snubs #bringbackourgirls Protesters by tit(f): 5:26am On Oct 15, 2014
i will give her one hot one on the back!
if she hear chib she no go stay make them compete am.
Re: BREAKING: Again, Jonathan Snubs #bringbackourgirls Protesters by egift(m): 5:59am On Oct 15, 2014
tit:
they should use koboko on that oby ezekwesili.
I voluteer to sign and return to the force to deal with her.

It will be woman to woman, she no go get complain.

Remember to maintain that stand, if Patience Jonathan is treated that way.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Again, Jonathan Snubs #bringbackourgirls Protesters by Fashola4thSon: 7:00am On Oct 15, 2014
egift:
[img]http://2.bp..com/-1cu7iveYuYQ/U86R2SiflOI/AAAAAAADOSY/LDFAvhrisKU/s1600/1.jpg[/img]

President Jonathan during the meeting with #ChibokGirls Parents.

Are you calling President Jonathan a liar?

Ah egshit

So you now sympathize with President Goodluck ??

Wow
Re: BREAKING: Again, Jonathan Snubs #bringbackourgirls Protesters by Amanwulu1(m): 7:30am On Oct 15, 2014
koboko69:
This is for the ignaromous that will flood this thread to say the protesters should take protest to sambisa

THESE ARE EXAMPLES OF PROTESTS TAKEN TO THE MOST SECURED BUILDING IN THE WORLD....THE WHITE HOUSE

Its only one with a 'CANKERWORMIC' brain that will see this protest to Aso Rock as nonsense. This is for the TANoids and OccupySocialMedia crew.
yes d protest is nonsense. What happened to d governor of Borno who refused to heed a security warning probably because he felt heeding is apc submiting to pdp. Did bharam took d girls frm Abuja? Gej is d CIC but ppl should learn to apportion blame to d right person.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Again, Jonathan Snubs #bringbackourgirls Protesters by egift(m): 7:56am On Oct 15, 2014
Amanwulu1:
yes d protest is nonsense. What happened to d governor of Borno who refused to heed a security warning probably because he felt heeding is apc submiting to pdp. Did bharam took d girls frm Abuja? Gej is d CIC but ppl should learn to apportion blame to d right person.

Jonathan is to blame my dear. The fact that Borno is under State of Emergency, accord the President the Primary responsibility providing everything security in the 3 States (Borno inclusive). So Jonathan becomes both the C-in-C and the Chief Security Officer of those States (that is why the Legislative arm of Government play a role in handing the president that responsibility). Therefore if there is any breach in security, it completely Jonathan's fault.

So the abduction, the mismanagement of the crisis, refusal to visit Chibok/address the protesters and the failure to rescue the girls till now - is a 100% Jonathan's responsibility.
Re: BREAKING: Again, Jonathan Snubs #bringbackourgirls Protesters by Nobody: 8:03am On Oct 15, 2014
Thay should probably re-invite Malala or another Pakistani girl of 17yrs of age
Re: BREAKING: Again, Jonathan Snubs #bringbackourgirls Protesters by koboko69: 8:26pm On Oct 15, 2014
Amanwulu1:

Sometimes i find it difficult to talk to cankerwormic brains like u. You pretend not to know that state is under SOE. I dont have power to start educating u over an already over flogged issue.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Again, Jonathan Snubs #bringbackourgirls Protesters by Zuria(f): 9:01pm On Oct 15, 2014
Lol....I dey laff o grin grin grin
Re: BREAKING: Again, Jonathan Snubs #bringbackourgirls Protesters by richeso: 11:34am On Oct 16, 2014
egift:

You are sooo foolish to the extend I can't really point if u r 10 or 15yrs. And maybe that's the
Reason u give up truly. Because the question is for the matured and not for kids.

Na ony chibok girls live dey important pass abi
?
Re: BREAKING: Again, Jonathan Snubs #bringbackourgirls Protesters by richeso: 11:52am On Oct 16, 2014
egift:

U be foool.... U have no point to bring .. The question big pass u so u truly give up.
Foool

You foolish erats and your masters will not do anything better than what the president have so far done
Because if you do you would have get it done to save your children, wife and slaves.

Rubbisshh.
Re: BREAKING: Again, Jonathan Snubs #bringbackourgirls Protesters by lilprinze: 12:04pm On Oct 16, 2014

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Buhari Bigger Than Nigeria's Constitution? / Ride From LAGOS To IJEBU-ODE For As Low As 550 NAIRA? / Nnamdi Kanu Promises To Kill Babies, Goats, Cows, In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.