Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,708 members, 7,809,691 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:17 PM

The Rails Are Back & Alive. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Rails Are Back & Alive. (4794 Views)

Rerun: Write Your Wills, You Wont Come Back Alive, Wike Threatens INEC Officials / Photo: Fayose Collapses After Hearing Buhari Is Back Alive & Healthy / Dont Vote For Pdp Unless All Chibok Girls Come Back Alive. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Rails Are Back & Alive. by luvinhubby(m): 10:51am On Oct 15, 2014
Saw this the other day & was very impressed by GEJ's rail reforms.
The last time i saw this was in the mid 80's.
Kudos GEJ.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Rails Are Back & Alive. by luvinhubby(m): 11:07am On Oct 15, 2014
To think of the huge loads taken off the roads by this reform is heart warming.

16 Likes

Re: The Rails Are Back & Alive. by laudate: 12:22am On Oct 17, 2014
Re: The Rails Are Back & Alive. by Nobody: 12:40am On Oct 17, 2014
^ Enemy of progress, it seems you're tormented by sincere9gerian even in your dreams.
Meanwhile, @op, thanks for the pictures. APC paid attack dogs hate to see such pictures. The transformation agenda is on course in the railway sector

21 Likes

Re: The Rails Are Back & Alive. by laudate: 12:52am On Oct 17, 2014
Sincere9gerian:
^ Enemy of progress, it seems you're tormented by sincere9gerian even in your dreams.
Meanwhile, @op, thanks for the pictures. APC paid attack dogs hate to see such pictures. The transformation agenda is on course in the railway sector

Hehehe.....! I knew you could not be far behind. When did you change your name to 'luvinhubby??' grin

And I have warned you times without number - I do not have anything to do with the APC. So why must you keep linking me with them? Na by force?? angry

1 Like

Re: The Rails Are Back & Alive. by Nobody: 5:19am On Oct 17, 2014
laudate:

Hehehe.....! I knew you could not be far behind. When did you change your name to 'luvinhubby??' grin

And I have warned you times without number - I do not have anything to do with the APC. So why must you keep linking me with them? Na by force?? angry
You're the APC attack dog assigned to discredit the railway sector.
Meanwhile, What do you hav against trains taking huge burden off our roads as shown in the picture? Are you more intelligent than the private firms or passengers who patronise the Nigeria railway?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Rails Are Back & Alive. by 2cato: 6:36am On Oct 17, 2014
Sincere9gerian:

You're the APC attack dog assigned to discredit the railway sector.
Meanwhile, What do you hav against trains taking huge burden off our roads as shown in the picture? Are you more intelligent than the private firms or passengers who patronise the Nigeria railway?
pretending to be progressive they and their minions have a lot to gain by discreaditing the railway sector.

10 Likes

Re: The Rails Are Back & Alive. by luvinhubby(m): 6:43am On Oct 17, 2014
laudate:
Hmmn...are you SincereNigerian by another name?? undecided

Trust me, you don't want to go down this path....the status of the current rail services has been heavily debated on other threads. sad

https://www.nairaland.com/629743/breaking-news-nigerian-railway-back

https://www.nairaland.com/1581242/lagos-kano-
train-43-hours#20687676

https://www.nairaland.com/1854750/gejs-new-nigeria-nrc-lures

https://www.nairaland.com/1791601/taking-stock-transformation-transport-sector
I am luvinhubby & not anyone else.
Fact is that i saw this container & tanker movement by rail last in the mid 80's, and that is 30yrs ago.
For anybody to have revived our rail sector like this deserves commendation for at least, releaving our roads of such burden, politics or not.

16 Likes

Re: The Rails Are Back & Alive. by Adetula1(m): 7:00am On Oct 17, 2014
Am a consultant for the ongoing ARMTP and i can tell you the Nigerian rail system has come to stay.
some pix of work at different location

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Rails Are Back & Alive. by SLIDEwaxie(m): 7:15am On Oct 17, 2014
Let the rail system stay, Lord clueless is going!

Besides, we dnt av a system, we only have a rail..
Re: The Rails Are Back & Alive. by luvinhubby(m): 8:00am On Oct 17, 2014
More pix.

7 Likes

Re: The Rails Are Back & Alive. by karlmax2: 8:09am On Oct 17, 2014
By the time the campaign kicks off and gej start showcasing his achivements i wonder were lai mohammed and his ants of propagandist would hide their face

11 Likes

Re: The Rails Are Back & Alive. by Nobody: 8:12am On Oct 17, 2014
Adetula1:
Am a consultant for the ongoing ARMTP and i can tell you the Nigerian rail system has come to stay
A beg give us details. What is happening already and what is still in the pipeline

5 Likes

Re: The Rails Are Back & Alive. by karlmax2: 8:13am On Oct 17, 2014
SLIDEwaxie:
Let the rail system stay, Lord clueless is going!

Besides, we dnt av a system, we only have a rail..
i rather have lord clueless than the intellent slowpoke buhari and his co distructors that killed the rail system that the clueless is bringing back to life. The supporters of this clueless would meet u and ur likes at the poll better get your voters card ready

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Rails Are Back & Alive. by texazzpete(m): 8:17am On Oct 17, 2014
Actually, rail rejuvenation was one of Yar'Adua's 'Seven point Agenda', it started with him. Giving GEJ all the credit without any mention of Yar'Adua is terrible.

http://allafrica.com/stories/200904220407.html

Abuja — Activities would soon commence in the rail sub-sector of the nation's transport industry as President Umaru Yar'Adua is expected to present the Railway Reform Bill to the Federal Executive Council at its meeting, in Abuja, today.

The Bill which would repeal the Nigerian Railway Corporation Act, 1955 and provide a platform for the introduction of private sector concessionaires, promotion and regulation of competition in the industry would be one of seven Bills slated to be presented to the council

I think people should shun hypocrisy. You cannot lambast people for blaming GEJ for everything negative yet turn around to credit him for everything positive.

1 Like

Re: The Rails Are Back & Alive. by otokx(m): 8:20am On Oct 17, 2014
They need to get private hands into the railways. What is happening to the railway reform bill?

2 Likes

Re: The Rails Are Back & Alive. by rozayx5(m): 8:21am On Oct 17, 2014
less load on our highways. kudos gej cool cool

frontpage please

11 Likes

Re: The Rails Are Back & Alive. by karlmax2: 8:23am On Oct 17, 2014
otokx:
They need to get private hands into the railways. What is happening to the railway reform bill?
bros is in the pipeline already the process of getting private sectors involved.. am writing a proposal to a bank on this. While lazy nigerians keep waiting for fg to spoonfeed them. u too can write a proposal to invest in it if u have the means to do so.Nigeria is moving its only those that are short sighted that dont see this.

5 Likes

Re: The Rails Are Back & Alive. by Nobody: 8:25am On Oct 17, 2014
Slowpoke president, Slowpoke trains. Narrow gauge locomotives in 2014

2 Likes

Re: The Rails Are Back & Alive. by otokx(m): 8:27am On Oct 17, 2014
karlmax2:
bros is on the pipeline already the process of getting private sectors involved.. am writing a proposal to a bank on this. While lazy nigerians keep waiting for fg to spoonfeed them u to can write a proposal to inveat in it if have means to do so

Invest under what framework; let the bill be passed so that what is happening to Babalakin at MMA2 does not repeat itself.

2 Likes

Re: The Rails Are Back & Alive. by rozayx5(m): 8:36am On Oct 17, 2014
Obiagelli:

how many did the north you azzlick build in 3decades

19 Likes

Re: The Rails Are Back & Alive. by karlmax2: 8:53am On Oct 17, 2014
rozayx5:

how many did the north you azzlick build in 3decades
dont waste your time replying this people that have not left the four walls of there room to know whats happening in nigeria they are on nairaland from morning till night, 7 days a week paid to spread propoganda and misinform his (cos i know the person u replied is a he)follow dullards.

13 Likes

Re: The Rails Are Back & Alive. by Nobody: 9:07am On Oct 17, 2014
Obiagelli:
Which one did your slowpoke weeping general build in the 2 years that he was maximum ruler?

13 Likes

Re: The Rails Are Back & Alive. by luvinhubby(m): 9:08am On Oct 17, 2014
More pix.
My joy is the quantity of loads taken off our roads.
Kudos to whoever is behind this.

8 Likes

Re: The Rails Are Back & Alive. by Nobody: 9:22am On Oct 17, 2014
Sincere9gerian:

Which one did your slowpoke weeping general build in the 2 years that he was maximum ruler?

THINGS DON'T JUST HAPPEN

Obiagelli:

Operational performance of the Nigerian Railway
Corporation (NRC) reveal that the highest number of
passengers carried was 15,555,200 in 1984 (Buhari’s administration)

businessdayonline.com/2013/04/attracting-private-investors-in-rail-transport/

2 Likes

Re: The Rails Are Back & Alive. by Nobody: 9:26am On Oct 17, 2014
karlmax2:
dont waste your time replying this people that have not left the four walls of there room to know whats happening in nigeria they are on nairaland from morning till night, 7 days a week paid to spread propoganda and misinform his (cos i know the person u replied is a he)follow dullards.
And you are here 24/7 reading posts. Lol
Re: The Rails Are Back & Alive. by SLIDEwaxie(m): 9:53am On Oct 17, 2014
karlmax2:
Obiagelli:
grin don't mind that fool...
Re: The Rails Are Back & Alive. by karlmax2: 10:00am On Oct 17, 2014
Obiagelli:

if indeed ur a woman u have no life cos ur always on this forum trolling every thread on political section. Check the last time i made a comment on naira land till today but u u eat,sleep,and drink nairaland as a very dull troll

11 Likes

Re: The Rails Are Back & Alive. by karlmax2: 10:01am On Oct 17, 2014
SLIDEwaxie:
grin don't mind that fool...
your father and entire generations are fools wasted sperm.u and your jobless troll are stupidly personified

4 Likes

Re: The Rails Are Back & Alive. by Nobody: 10:07am On Oct 17, 2014
karlmax2:
if indeed ur a woman u have no life cos ur always on this forun trolling every thread on political section. Check the last time i made a comment on naira land till today but u u eat,sleep,and drink nairaland as a very dull troll
How does that stop you from read and waiting in anticipation for my posts grin you have created 380 topics on nairaland and i have just 60, yeye dey smell.

Btw i did my hustle early in life, God bless your.

1 Like

Re: The Rails Are Back & Alive. by SLIDEwaxie(m): 10:11am On Oct 17, 2014
karlmax2:
your father and entire generations are fools wasted sperm.u and your jobless troll are stupidly personified
before u take it too personal, knw dt:

1. U shld not accord ur family name to me grin

2. U are living up to ur name

3. U have no respect for ur parents, so I won't be expecting some with mine grin

4. U are frustrated, get something doing. U can start frying plantain and sell at traffics. Don't be ashamed, most of ur people do it at the traffic on lagos roads.

5. Depression can make u suicidal..

6. If u av to commit suicide, dnt suffer. Options to a quick death is colliding with an incoming GEJ's 'transformation-glorified-locomotive-train' grin grin

7. Act now..tomorrow might be too late and..

Hey grin dnt worry. We won't miss you. It wasn't that u are of any importance anyway.. undecided

1 Like

Re: The Rails Are Back & Alive. by davitogreat(m): 10:11am On Oct 17, 2014
Thanks for the pictures op.

GEJ and his team are really working

9 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria Is The Most Useless Nation With Useless People / Seun Osewa Reopens Investigation, Indicts Peter Obi For Money Launderng, Bribery / Lifestyle Of Iranian President - A Lesson For Our Leaders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.