Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,640 members, 7,820,250 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:07 PM

Facebook And Apple To Freeze Eggs For Their Female Employees - Family (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Facebook And Apple To Freeze Eggs For Their Female Employees (51009 Views)

Jumbo Size Eggs For Sale To Be Delivered Or Picked Up From Farm #buy #now / Warning For Women Who Want To Freeze Their Eggs / Why Are some Mothers Cruel To their Female Children (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Facebook And Apple To Freeze Eggs For Their Female Employees by coogar: 2:31pm On Oct 27, 2014
kandiikane:

Blah blah phucking bullshyt. Keep talking shyt, the more you do the more you expose your wretched life. My point was made ages ago so I am done entertaining a goat!

kandiikane, you have the swag of a breaštfeeding nanny goat. what the heck is wrong with you? wretched life? my pet dog lives a far comfortable life than you do.

ewu ara!

1 Like

Re: Facebook And Apple To Freeze Eggs For Their Female Employees by TV01(m): 3:24pm On Oct 27, 2014
red101:

You don't make any sense here. This is a choice that is not forced on anyone. So I don't understand why you are typing long pointless essay and giving yourself unnecessary headache. How did birth control pills impact health care provision? isn't the cost of paid maternity leave also borne somewhere? Please try to think logically. Women are making the choice to post-pone child birth. This is a trend that is not going anywhere as long as life expectancy continues to rise. Age of first marriage is also rising so this suggests that this is a choice men are also making. if men and women are marrying at a later age, isn't it logical that they will also have children at later ages and therefore creating need for fertility treatments?
you making a condescending comment that you "care" about women's bodies more than women themselves makes you look like a fool. Many of the women who are undergoing these procedures have supportive, educated and enlightened husbands. If you don't agree with it, no one is forcing you to marry and post-pone child birth. It's a matter of choice and women are allowed to have choice. they can marry early, marry late, focus on career, become housewives or whatever.men can also do the same. it is a matter of CHOICE.

abeg focus on your own health and stop starving yourself over women's reproductive rights issues. go and eat your food.
Your first post suggested there was not much there - this one confirms it. You couldn't respond to a single point and went on an unintelligible rant. Increased life expectancy is driving later marriage

TV

1 Like

Re: Facebook And Apple To Freeze Eggs For Their Female Employees by kandiikane(m): 4:23pm On Oct 27, 2014
coogar:

kandiikane, you have the swag of a breaštfeeding nanny goat. what the heck is wrong with you? wretched life? my pet dog lives a far comfortable life than you do.

ewu ara!

2 Likes

Re: Facebook And Apple To Freeze Eggs For Their Female Employees by red101(f): 2:53am On Oct 28, 2014
TV01:

Your first post suggested there was not much there - this one confirms it. You couldn't respond to a single point and went on an unintelligible rant. Increased life expectancy is driving later marriage

TV

you made no logical point in your post.
Again, it's a matter of CHOICE for women. If this statement is unintelligible to you then tough luck.
what you call a "horror" is a blessing for many women.

besides, I never said life expectancy was driving later marriage. What I said is that increased life expectancy AND later marriages are contributing factors to late parenthood. and consequently late parenthood results in increased need for fertility treatment like the type that is the subject of this discussion.

Read clearly next time then maybe you will be less confused.

6 Likes

Re: Facebook And Apple To Freeze Eggs For Their Female Employees by TV01(m): 1:14pm On Oct 28, 2014
red101:

you made no logical point in your post.
Again, it's a matter of CHOICE for women. If this statement is unintelligible to you then tough luck.
what you call a "horror" is a blessing for many women.

besides, I never said life expectancy was driving later marriage. What I said is that increased life expectancy AND later marriages are contributing factors to late parenthood. and consequently late parenthood results in increased need for fertility treatment like the type that is the subject of this discussion.

Read clearly next time then maybe you will be less confused.

afternoon red101,

I take back the unintelligible comment and remark about “content”. Apologies. I read your previous posts as you claim you intended. I can see we are both zealous for women’ best interest, but let that zeal not cloud the discussion.

Now lets go back to your post that I originally responded to. You said this

red101:
I certainly would especially if offered to me for free. It's a form of insurance.

Now, the egg-freezing process is such that many believe it should not even be passed as a sound medical procedure. Yet it is being touted as a “choice”, you even labelled it as “insurance”

The best estimates are a success rate of 10% (in women over 40). That after the trauma of having to have them harvested in the first place and the cost per cycle of around £5000, of which there are typically 3.

Then, the eggs have to be used in IVF. Here is a table with the success rates for 2010 in the UK’ NHS

 32.2% for women under 35.
 27.7% for women aged 35-37.
 20.8% for women aged 38-39.
 13.6% for women aged 40-42.
 5% for women aged 43-44.
 1.9% for women aged over 44.

These success rates again depend on 3 cycles of IVF – which I showed in my earlier links that many health authorities do not provide due to the cost (a minimum of £3’000).

So when you combine the success rate of egg-freezing with the possible outcomes for IVF for women over 40, what do you have?

A highly invasive, traumatic and costly procedure, which has a very low success rate. When you weigh that against a woman opting to prioritise birth during her prime fertility window for relatively no pain and at relatively no cost or risk – does it not make more sense to offer support at this point?

Do you really consider that a choice – like having porridge or muesli for breakfast? Or choosing to exercise in the morning as opposed to later in the evening? It’s a miss-sell, couched as empowerment – a few notches above fantasy - which will lead to many hurt and frustrated women.

We have close family friends (a couple) who spent upwards of £60K to have the one child. The time, cost and trauma were eventually all worth it – they have a lovely son. But many don’t have the money, many relationships can’t bear the strain and most attempts result in failure.

How can anyone claim that is “a choice”? It could well be called so in the sense of it being a last resort, or a final option, which is what one is left with when one has no choice.

I’ll ask you just one question – would you sell that to someone you love as insurance?

TV
Re: Facebook And Apple To Freeze Eggs For Their Female Employees by TV01(m): 3:13pm On Oct 28, 2014
Carefreewannabe,

Your post - which was pure ad-hominem - and my response have both been hidden.

I have previously noted your quite spectacualr meltdown and increasing irrelevancy on this board. Your reputation in in tatters. However, you do appear to have recovered quite quickly from the long-hose rinsing I laid on you a few days ago. The migraine has obviously receded and the lockjaw eased somewhat. You are quite resilient, it must be said grin!

As to the stats in my last post, you are not disputing them - please apply a modicum of wisdom and take heed grin. And please don't derail if you have nothing to add - which is increasingly the case lately.

Please let me know if you need any help with rehab or rebranding yourself. I continue to pray for you - most especially that you never post any pictures cool!

Toodles

TV

4 Likes

Re: Facebook And Apple To Freeze Eggs For Their Female Employees by Nobody: 7:23pm On Oct 28, 2014
TV01:
Carefreewannabe,

Your post - which was pure ad-hominem - and my response have both been hidden.

I have previously noted your quite spectacualr meltdown and increasing irrelevancy on this board. Your reputation in in tatters. However, you do appear to have recovered quite quickly from the long-hose rinsing I laid on you a few days ago. The migraine has obviously receded and the lockjaw eased somewhat. You are quite resilient, it must be said grin!

As to the stats in my last post, you are not disputing them - please apply a modicum of wisdom and take heed grin. And please don't derail if you have nothing to add - which is increasingly the case lately.

Please let me know if you need any help with rehab or rebranding yourself. I continue to pray for you - most especially that you never post any pictures cool!

Toodles

TV

And what makes you think that I care about my cyber reputation? grin

I am more concerned with showing people how dangerous hypocrisy and sciolism are. I don't give a damn what you and your likes think.
The time when I used to argue with people in a civil way who do not deserve to be treated like my equals are over.
I can only have healthy, matter-of-fact debates with healthy and intelligent people who know to distinguish between facts and beliefs; in other words with people who play in my league, Bundesliga. cool

I don't like stvpid people but I have a stronger dislike for people who try to manipulate others with dangerous dogmas and twisted "faaaacts".

7 Likes

Re: Facebook And Apple To Freeze Eggs For Their Female Employees by TV01(m): 8:54pm On Oct 28, 2014
carefreewannabe:
And what makes you think that I care about my cyber reputation? grin
Well that's a good thing, because right now you have zero credibility. I can see you on the "West" thread showing a pathetic desire for attention. How sad. Next stop desperate, then pathetic, then wretched - we watch in and with amusement, it's not like you ever added real value, so your fading into oblivion will be no great loss cheesy!

carefreewannabe:
I am more concerned with showing people how dangerous hypocrisy and sciolism are. I don't give a damn what you and your likes think. The time when I used to argue with people in a civil way who do not deserve to be treated like my equals are over. I can only have healthy, matter-of-fact debates with healthy and intelligent people who know to distinguish between facts and beliefs; in other words with people who play in my league, Bundesliga. cool
Delusion as well shocked"
Frankly, you are the one who has clearly demonstrated an inability to stick to the matter at hand and discuss the facts. So desperate you took an advanced course in emoticon usage and then went on to master in giffology - unfortunately as dumb as we are here they don't compensate for a lack of facts or reasoned and considered debate. Your problem is not for want of equals, it's you keep getting rinsed by your betters. grin!

carefreewannabe:
I don't like stvpid people but I have a stronger dislike for people who try to manipulate others with dangerous dogmas and twisted "faaaacts".
I don't see one factual rebuttal to the data that I posted above. Only - as is now quite typical - pained invective and slack jawed ad-hominem. And whatever you think of my intellect or reasoning, it's clearly sufficient to take a large crap on whatever you possess from a great height grin.

And lets not start on looks - all your huffing and puffing, gloating and gainsaying. Once you saw the pic you went deathly quiet. Literally struck dumb in the presence of beauty. Admit it, you have a "ladycrush" on my wife grin

Carefreewannabe - rinsed so hard she thought she was having an enema!

TV

3 Likes

Re: Facebook And Apple To Freeze Eggs For Their Female Employees by Nobody: 8:56pm On Oct 28, 2014
TV01:

Well that's a good thing, because right now you have zero credibility. I can see you on the "West" thread showing a pathetic desire for attention. How sad. Next stop desperate, then pathetic, then wretched - we watch in and with amusement, it's not like you ever added real value, so your fading into oblivion will be no great loss cheesy!

Delusion as well shocked"
Frankly, you are the one who has clearly demonstrated an inability to stick to the matter at hand and discuss the facts. So desperate you took an advanced course in emoticon usage and then went on to master in giffology - unfortunately as dumb as we are here they don't compensate for a lack of facts or reasoned and considered debate. Your problem is not for want of equals, it's you keep getting rinsed by your betters. grin!

I don't see one factual rebuttal to the data that I posted above. Only - as is now quite typical - pained invective and slack jawed ad-hominem. And whatever you think of my intellect or reasoning, it's clearly sufficient to take a large crap on whatever you possess from a great height grin.

And lets not start on looks - all your huffing and puffing, gloating and gainsaying. Once you saw the pic you went deathly quiet. Literally struck dumb in the presence of beauty. Admit it, you have a "ladycrush" on my wife grin

Carefreewannabe - rinsed so hard she thought she was having an enema!

TV

And what made you think I will read this crap? grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Facebook And Apple To Freeze Eggs For Their Female Employees by TV01(m): 9:01pm On Oct 28, 2014
carefreewannabe:
And what made you think I will read this crap? grin grin grin
Not only will you read, you will read hungrily, eagerly wait for more, and pray fervently for further pictures of your "role model" family.

TV

3 Likes

Re: Facebook And Apple To Freeze Eggs For Their Female Employees by Nobody: 9:05pm On Oct 28, 2014
TV01:

Not only will you read, you will read hungrily, eagerly wait for more, and pray fervently for further pictures of your "role model" family.

TV

I can see you can be progressive, too. You were smart enough to figure out that I will not read more than a line of the crap you share here. grin

Role model? grin grin grin

A family that is into "church business", manipulating their sheep with useless dogmas to loot them? grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Facebook And Apple To Freeze Eggs For Their Female Employees by TV01(m): 9:21pm On Oct 28, 2014
carefreewannabe:

I can see you can be progressive, too. You were smart enough to figure out that I will not read more than a line of the crap you share here. grin

Role model? grin grin grin

A family that is into "church business", manipulating their sheep with useless dogmas to loot them? grin grin grin
Picture on the way - but don't hold your breath or stay up late grin!

TV
Re: Facebook And Apple To Freeze Eggs For Their Female Employees by Stillfire: 2:47am On Oct 29, 2014
coogar:

there's little or no truth in the biological clock of men. several other researches have proven there's no significant risk of down syndrome in men older age unlike the women. a woman's biological clock ticks 1,000 times faster than that of men.

[img]http://igniss.blog.hr/slike/l/autizam_sizofrenija_i_dijabetes_s_muskom_dobi.png[/img]

look at the red line(men) and black line(women). whose is worse?? there are hundreds of researches on the internet & in the cases where autism or down syndrome was found with older men, it was because the older men married older women.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/12771769/

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/6220960/?i=4&from=/19449414/related

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/19449414/?i=8&from=/12771769/related

In all my academic life reading scientific journals, I have never ever seen such a ridiculous looking graph. That graph is not credible. Coogar confess you drew it yourself. grin grin grin grin You should have used excel, instead of your hands, lol. Where did you get it from? You would never see such a questionable looking graph on any responsible journal.

Anyway I do have access to Pubmed, and the full conclusion (as of 2003) of one of the links say that...

In addition, our evaluation of data from New York State for the 15-year study period showed a substantial demographic shift in parental age with more mothers and fathers older than 35 years than ever before. This group is at highest risk for children with Down syndrome or other age related genetic abnormalities. A recent study showed that children born to older fathers were at higher risk for schizophrenia. 19 It is known that certain autosomal dominant diseases, such as achondroplasia, neurofibromatosis, Marfan syndrome, osteogenesis imperfecta, Treacher-Collins-Franschetti syndrome, Waardenberg’s syndrome, thanatophoric dysplasia and Alport’s syndrome, are associated with older fathers, probably via de novo, single gene mutations in sperm that can be passed on to children. 20 Our finding of a paternal contribution to trisomy indicates a larger structural chromosomal risk than had previously been appreciated. It is our belief that increased paternal age as well as maternal age may be responsible for a wide variety of health problems in children. This effect has been underestimated and warrants further research.

CONCLUSIONS
With increasing paternal age an increase in the rate of Down syndrome is seen in women 35 years of age and older. The increase in the rate of Down syndrome for women in this age group is likely a result of a combination affect of maternal and paternal factors. Considering that the population of parents is older than ever before the paternal age affect is significant and should be addressed during counseling. Young couples preparing for family planning must be aware that advanced parental age may not only result in increasing difficulties with fertility for the parents but that children born to older parents may be at higher risk for genetic abnormalities. Lastly, the adverse effect of advanced paternal age on Down syndrome may represent a paradigm for other genetic abnormalities in children of older fathers that must be addressed in future studies.

Gone are the days where we write off the ages of men. Women shine ya eye.

3 Likes

Re: Facebook And Apple To Freeze Eggs For Their Female Employees by red101(f): 5:58am On Oct 30, 2014
TV01:

I’ll ask you just one question – would you sell that to someone you love as insurance?
TV
I can see we are both zealous for women’ best interest, but let that zeal not cloud the discussion.

YES because I am a woman and I love myself and I will gladly freeze my eggs if It were offered to me at a price I can afford.
It provides me with options and choices. It gives me the possibility to have a child at 25, 35 and 45. An option that would otherwise be very scarce.

here is what you have to say about women on another thread:

TV01:
Women cannot build civilisations. In the same sense that they do not build homes, merely hang pretty curtains grin. It takes the structured ways of men to design, build construct and expand. To maintain order. Feminising it ultimately leads to ruin. It was Adams failure to grasp this and act in his capacity as a male lead that led to the fall.

TV

a woman who merely wants to hang pretty curtains will not freeze her eggs. This technology is not targeted toward her. Do you think such a woman will be ambitious enough to even work at google?
For an ambitious woman who wants to do something more with her life. a woman who wants to become a builder, designer, constructor and leader is who this technology is designed for.
there are plenty of women who want to "hang pretty curtains" and there are also plenty of women who have more ambitious goals and dreams. That is the great thing about choice. people (as long as they are not slaves) are free to choose what they want to do and the problem arises when people like you are hellbent on limiting women's choices because you feel you are superior to women and will do anything you think will maintain such a status quo. rubbish.

TV01:

I can see we are both zealous for women’ best interest, but let that zeal not cloud the discussion.

seeing that I am a woman and all. I must have a smaller brain incapable of building or contributing anything tangible to society beside arranging curtains. I am so happy that you are zealous for my best interest. It is imperative that my domestic curtain arrangement skills do not become imperiled by my "immoral" goals to lead an organization one day or become a boss.......I say thanks but no thanks.

7 Likes

Re: Facebook And Apple To Freeze Eggs For Their Female Employees by TV01(m): 2:05pm On Oct 30, 2014
red101:
YES because I am a woman and I love myself and I will gladly freeze my eggs if It were offered to me at a price I can afford. It provides me with options and choices. It gives me the possibility to have a child at 25, 35 and 45. An option that would otherwise be very scarce.
So you would advise a procedure that has a single digit chance of success (for women under 40) as insurance? And you claim that provides you with choice - while you conveniently wave away the associated cost, which means it's not an option for very many people at all is it? grin.

red101:
a woman who merely wants to hang pretty curtains will not freeze her eggs. This technology is not targeted toward her. Do you think such a woman will be ambitious enough to even work at google?
For an ambitious woman who wants to do something more with her life. a woman who wants to become a builder, designer, constructor and leader is who this technology is designed for.
there are plenty of women who want to "hang pretty curtains" and there are also plenty of women who have more ambitious goals and dreams. That is the great thing about choice. people (as long as they are not slaves) are free to choose what they want to do and the problem arises when people like you are hellbent on limiting women's choices because you feel you are superior to women and will do anything you think will maintain such a status quo. rubbish.
A lot of gibberish really, as the context of the other thread was about building civilisations, not career, professional capability or fertility - if you have the nous to disprove what I said, please do it in the appropriate place. Trying to conflate it with this discussion is telling. Danke. cool!

red101:
seeing that I am a woman and all. I must have a smaller brain incapable of building or contributing anything tangible to society beside arranging curtains. I am so happy that you are zealous for my best interest. It is imperative that my domestic curtain arrangement skills do not become imperiled by my "immoral" goals to lead an organization one day or become a boss.......I say thanks but no thanks.
No, all you've shown by this is that you are prone to emotionally driven rhetoric - needlessly introducing morals into the discussion.

It's a pity you couldn't address a single point or any of the data I presented. I'll obviously see you around as you love to spin-threads together instead of weaving factful rebuttals/narratives. You may find curtain-hanging a stretch cool!

TV

2 Likes

Re: Facebook And Apple To Freeze Eggs For Their Female Employees by babygirlfl: 4:34pm On Nov 04, 2014
SirShymex:

Oh ok.

So, who's babygirlfl, and where's she posting from? tongue

And are you also a feminist?

I was wondering why you asked the bolded question. Now I understand.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Housewife Seeks Healing For Cough, Impregnated By Pastor Who Prays For Nude Wome / Am I A Failure? Please Rate Me. / Guidelines For Unemployed Husbands With Working Wives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.