Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,782 members, 7,810,044 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:13 PM

Who Would Most Likely Be Buhari's Running Mate???? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Would Most Likely Be Buhari's Running Mate???? (3018 Views)

2019; The PDP Presidential Flag Bearer Might Likely Be; / Okechukwu Enelamah To Be Buhari's Finance Minister - TheNewsNigeria / Meet The Man Expected To Be Buhari's SGF:photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Would Most Likely Be Buhari's Running Mate???? by macyozo(m): 5:18pm On Oct 15, 2014
Kindly share your opinion as to who you think would be GMB's best running mate and why.

Thank you
Re: Who Would Most Likely Be Buhari's Running Mate???? by Goddex: 5:20pm On Oct 15, 2014
Fashola has turned himself to an APC attack dog.
He is obviously lobbying so hard to be picked.

1 Like

Re: Who Would Most Likely Be Buhari's Running Mate???? by macyozo(m): 5:22pm On Oct 15, 2014
Well I think he would make a very good running mate

1 Like

Re: Who Would Most Likely Be Buhari's Running Mate???? by desgiezd(m): 5:23pm On Oct 15, 2014
Goddex:
Fashola has turned himself to an APC attack dog.
He is obviously lobbying so hard to be picked.

Call him any name but be sure to tell us if what he has been saying are not right

7 Likes

Re: Who Would Most Likely Be Buhari's Running Mate???? by Nobody: 5:27pm On Oct 15, 2014
i suggest brown ideye

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Would Most Likely Be Buhari's Running Mate???? by macyozo(m): 5:27pm On Oct 15, 2014
desgiezd:

Call him any name but be sure to tell us if what he has been saying are not right

Only issue might be religion but I think Nigerians are willing to look beyond that.

6 Likes

Re: Who Would Most Likely Be Buhari's Running Mate???? by nwafuluozoh: 5:28pm On Oct 15, 2014
Shekau's successor. tongue

1 Like

Re: Who Would Most Likely Be Buhari's Running Mate???? by macyozo(m): 5:32pm On Oct 15, 2014
nwafuluozoh:
Shekau's successor. tongue

I'm not sure I get you.

1 Like

Re: Who Would Most Likely Be Buhari's Running Mate???? by nwafuluozoh: 5:37pm On Oct 15, 2014
macyozo:

I'm not sure I get you.
You no dey watch match? Free me jare.
Re: Who Would Most Likely Be Buhari's Running Mate???? by macyozo(m): 6:26pm On Oct 15, 2014
nwafuluozoh:

You no dey watch match? Free me jare.

lol cheesy
Re: Who Would Most Likely Be Buhari's Running Mate???? by Abagworo(m): 6:57pm On Oct 15, 2014
His Vice will be from Southeast and most likely Chris Ngige or Okorocha.
Re: Who Would Most Likely Be Buhari's Running Mate???? by egift(m): 7:17pm On Oct 15, 2014
Abagworo:
His Vice will be from Southeast and most likely Chris Ngige or Okorocha.

No. Okorocha for a second term. Ngige is retuning to the Senate. APC will go for someone that has electoral value, Fahola is the best fit.

Someone should tell that PDP that Project Ikimi Failed. Stop trying to choose a candidate for APC.

1 Like

Re: Who Would Most Likely Be Buhari's Running Mate???? by Mogidi: 7:34pm On Oct 15, 2014
macyozo:
Kindly share your opinion as to who you think would be GMB's best running mate and why.

Thank you

Buhari's first choice remains Shekau.

3 Likes

Re: Who Would Most Likely Be Buhari's Running Mate???? by ISpiksDaTroof: 7:39pm On Oct 15, 2014
egift:

No. Okorocha for a second term. Ngige is retuning to the Senate. APC will go for someone that has electoral value, Fahola is the best fit.

Someone should tell that PDP that Project Ikimi Failed. Stop trying to choose a candidate for APC.

I AGREE.

I think Fashola will be the likely choice. The notion that Nigerians are crude, unthinking elements is something that should be stopped forthwith. And you, the young Nigerians, should be the ones promoting this new line of thought. A Christian/Christian or Muslim/Muslim candidacy will not fly in the North or South East because of the culture of intolerance practiced by both tribes. However, there are still tolerant moderates within both ethnic groups. The deciding factor is the South West, and I sincerely doubt that they will choose being Muslim/Christian over being Yoruba.

If Buhari picks Fashola its over for GEJ. Even the Western world would be looking forward to such a combo knowing fully well that Buhari might not even last a full four years and they may get to work with one whom they have variously hailed as a visionary sooner than expected.

I believe if Buhari becomes President---and as expected--- lays the foundation for young ones like Fashola, Okorocha, Amaechi, Saraki while surrounding himself with newer, younger and more astute, but presently unknown, Nigerian politicians (who have no chance in hell in Nigeria's current political climate because they lack the necessary finances), Nigeria will be back on track. God Fatherism will be all but dead at that point.

The South-West will support her son if he is picked as a Vice Presidential candidate, and thats all that matters.

6 Likes

Re: Who Would Most Likely Be Buhari's Running Mate???? by Johnnyessence(m): 7:44pm On Oct 15, 2014
ameachi is d man to beat as buhari running mate ameachi should be pick as buhari's running mate .
Re: Who Would Most Likely Be Buhari's Running Mate???? by Francis5: 7:50pm On Oct 15, 2014
Nigerians please say no to Islamic attempt to dominate the polity. In the past, Nigerians gave Abiola/Kingibe the position without any religious bias. How did Muslims pay Christians back?

When will Muslims bend over and allow Christian/Christian candidates? Until they do so, I strongly insist that Christians maintain that we always have Christian/Muslim or Muslim/Christian presidency.

Anyways, I trust my SE, SS and Middle Belt Christians to do the needful: send Buhari and his Muslim VP back to Afghanistan

If you want Buhari, then you must provide a Christian VP from any southern zone.

6 Likes

Re: Who Would Most Likely Be Buhari's Running Mate???? by atlwireles: 7:53pm On Oct 15, 2014
Fashola is the only choice, that makes political sense. But a Moslem/Moslem thing will be a load to carry. Amaechi, baba osho or even Rochas, will add no political value or votes to the ticket. Fashola makes more sense than not.

3 Likes

Re: Who Would Most Likely Be Buhari's Running Mate???? by Onyejiuwaokoh: 8:03pm On Oct 15, 2014
Is it an abomination if it goes like this Fashola/Buhari or Amaechi/Buhari? Does it mean that Amaechi and Fashola don't have the qualification to lead Nigeria?yeye people (south)! see how they are dying for the vice why the real people are going for the real thing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Would Most Likely Be Buhari's Running Mate???? by Diablo666: 8:12pm On Oct 15, 2014
Amechi would suit better. He is dogged, relentless and popular in the south south. Fashola is too brilliant for a vp, he would serve better as a senate president

1 Like

Re: Who Would Most Likely Be Buhari's Running Mate???? by egift(m): 8:40pm On Oct 15, 2014
Onyejiuwaokoh:
Is it an abomination if it goes like this Fashola/Buhari or Amaechi/Buhari? Does it mean that Amaechi and Fashola don't have the qualification to lead Nigeria?yeye people (south)! see how they are dying for the vice why the real people are going for the real thing.

Present Sambo/Jonathan and I will make your wish come true grin grin grin

Buhari is better than Jonathan. Fashola is better than Jonathan. A Buhari/Fashola ticket is an overkill grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Who Would Most Likely Be Buhari's Running Mate???? by egift(m): 8:45pm On Oct 15, 2014
Diablo666:
Amechi would suit better. He is dogged, relentless and popular in the south south. Fashola is too brilliant for a vp, he would serve better as a senate president

In APC led FG, there will not be any dull moments. The damages PDP have done is much we need the best.

In Buhari/Fashola we have a President, a Commander in Chief, a Prime Minister and a Vice President. To God be the glory.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Would Most Likely Be Buhari's Running Mate???? by Diablo666: 10:10pm On Oct 15, 2014
egift:

In APC led FG, there will not be any dull moments. The damages PDP have done is much we need the best.

In Buhari/Fashola we have a President, a Commander in Chief, a Prime Minister and a Vice President. To God be the glory.

Let's look beyond just winning the elections to having a vibrant and functional gov't. Hope you know the role of a vp is somewhat obscure in a democratic gov't when the president is on sit. He doesn't take any major decision on his accord and only acts in place of the president. Now let's not throw all in all with Buhari, there is every possibility and a chance that he might err at one point or another cos no human is perfect. With someone like Amechi who has proved himself to be a dogged rebel, he would be vital in such scenario, just as atiku was during obj purported third term agenda.

You would agree with me that our national assembly is a mess. Most of them there don't even know the basic constitution and the senate president weilds so much powers within the chambers. The legislative arm of gov't also needs cleansing as well as the executive. Fashola as a lawyer, with such brilliant mind would function better as the senate president. My humble opinion
Re: Who Would Most Likely Be Buhari's Running Mate???? by Nobody: 10:13pm On Oct 15, 2014
Amaechi or Fayemi would do grin
Re: Who Would Most Likely Be Buhari's Running Mate???? by Desric(m): 10:18pm On Oct 15, 2014
For me I'll pledge my loyalty and support for a GMB/Governor Babatunde Raji Fashola tickect any day any time whether a Muslim/Muslim or whatever is not my business. Ordinarily, I wouldn't opt for GMB as the flag bearer cos of his age but as situation and condition demands right now he's inarguably the most followed opposition candidate that can stand a chance in a very biasly polarized polity like we have in our nation today. SE and SS are usually biased between religious and ethnic lines as even if you give a bishop the VP tickect from that zone he might not be politically viable or relevant to the calculation while a united SW will want to support their own in the person of BRF wholeheartedly; therefore, its GMB/Fash for me. Amaechi is already a hero of his time if all things are to be equal, as a person, he has won my respect and regard no matter the propaganda being instituted against him.

3 Likes

Re: Who Would Most Likely Be Buhari's Running Mate???? by Francis5: 10:24pm On Oct 15, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof:

The South-West will support her son if he is picked as a Vice Presidential candidate, and thats all that matters.

You yoruba tribalistic jingoist.
Re: Who Would Most Likely Be Buhari's Running Mate???? by macyozo(m): 10:42pm On Oct 15, 2014
Francis5:

I honestly think we should look beyond tribe or religion.

2 Likes

Re: Who Would Most Likely Be Buhari's Running Mate???? by ISpiksDaTroof: 10:45pm On Oct 15, 2014
Francis5:

Now you're just operating off paranoia.

1 Like

Re: Who Would Most Likely Be Buhari's Running Mate???? by juman(m): 10:52pm On Oct 15, 2014
egift:

Don't expect a lot from nigerian politicians.

I tell you there would be many many complains of no money to do projects and other kinds of complains.

nigerian leaders are not good people like that. Even obj, a former head of state, still failed woefully as president. That shows that the masses should not expect much from either way the card falls in 2015.
Re: Who Would Most Likely Be Buhari's Running Mate???? by macyozo(m): 11:00pm On Oct 15, 2014
juman:

Don't expect a lot from nigerian politicians.

I tell you there would be many many complains of no money to do projects.

nigerian leaders are not good people like that. Even obj, a former head of state, still failed woefully as president. That shows that the masses should not expect much from either way the card falls in 2015.

Have some faith.

1 Like

Re: Who Would Most Likely Be Buhari's Running Mate???? by Nobody: 11:01pm On Oct 15, 2014
macyozo:

Thank you
Rochas would be my best bet, You may ask why?
First, APC would never field a Muslim/Muslim ticket no matter how appealing it seems. This is where Fashola gets disqualified. If APC emerges victorious in the Presidential election, then I see Fashola becoming the next Senate President.
Also, Oshiomole and Amaechi, by virtue of being from the South-South are already considered dark horses. The President a South-Southerner has already served out the turn of the zone. And APC aware of the geopolitical make up of Nigeria will not want to disrupt the status-quo. This is where the S/East comes in.
Okorocha has read the signs and he knows that the pendulum will surely swing to his side. APC can vouch for Okorocha's popularity even outside the South-East zone. They know that Rochas emergence as President or VP will surely truncate GEJ monopoly in the East (SE/SS) and give APC a large chunk of the vote there. Rochas is a one man collosus and even the S/E PDP, aware of his political antecendent, knows no one can stand shoulder to shoulder with him in the zone. Unlike an Amaechi who is not even sure of victory in his own state. In addition, the people of the Middle-belt will be at peace seeing Rochas as VP - this trust boils down to the fact that Owelle is a Jos boy and almost all his investments are domicilled in the north.
Re: Who Would Most Likely Be Buhari's Running Mate???? by Sunofgod(m): 11:02pm On Oct 15, 2014
Sha'garri' the 3rd . . . .

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Shares Photo Of Him And Pastor Adeboye! / Igbos Let's Remember This Before We Vote!!! / Ibb's Coup Speech; Has Buhari Changed?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.