Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,973 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:45 AM

Do You Still Say Keshi Should Go ? - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Do You Still Say Keshi Should Go ? (16557 Views)

Three Players Keshi Should Drop For South Africa Clash / Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract / List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Still Say Keshi Should Go ? by richard870(m): 4:25am On Oct 16, 2014
tutaboi:
Capital yes!!!.........I will only stop if I should see my ears without a mirror
Lolz, u can if u luk through water
Re: Do You Still Say Keshi Should Go ? by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 4:47am On Oct 16, 2014
Afam4eva:
Nigerian fans are probably the most emotionally driven fans in the world. They change their minds willy-nilly without doing some logical assessment on the subject matter. keshi has always been an above average coach which is a pass mark in my opinion but that does not make him a world class coach by any standard. His previous outing for several African countries were moderate but not fantastic. His greatest achievement was qualifying an African team for a world cup against other African teams, not European, South American or Asian teams. The truth is that African football is still in the dark ages and does not require any form of gargantuan coaching skills to win. In Africa, you can bulldoze your way into winning any competition and when you eventually play countries from other continents, your weaknesses starts to show. I shuddered at how Keshi's rankings increased after the world cup. Not that it's not normal for a coach who won a major competition to be praised but we did so without properly analyzing the idiosyncrasies of our outing and the technical depth inherent in the team. The truth is that we did not do anything fantastic at the nations cup. We were just an average team that was lucky. It's not like other teams were fantastic and we took them out. They were simply African teams. Our weaknesses were exposed at the confederations and world cup. So, the moral f the story is that you shouldn't wait until a team starts performing badly before evaluating the capabilities of the coach.
You think beating the Ivorians was just luck. Beating Mali 4-0 was luck?

I wonder where you guys come up with things like this. You can have a lucky match, not a lucky tournament. Winning a tournament after 7 games is not luck.

I am impatient to see Victor Moses and Sone Aluko playing for the Super Eagles together.

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Say Keshi Should Go ? by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 4:51am On Oct 16, 2014
uken73:
Pride goes before a fall. He's falling and taking the SE along with him. I won't mind seeing a new face. If a change should be made, I would prefer another Nigerian coach. It doesn't need to be a white for the eagles to fly again.
What about if the new face deliver worse results? What happened to perseverance and determination to succeed in a long time?

We should strive for stability and not changing coaches for a new face.
Re: Do You Still Say Keshi Should Go ? by Afam4eva(m): 4:52am On Oct 16, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:
You think beating the Ivorians was just luck. Beating Mali 4-0 was luck?

I wonder where you guys come up with things like this. You can have a lucky match, not a lucky tournament. Winning a tournament after 7 games is not luck.

I am impatient to see Victor Moses and Sone Aluko playing for the Super Eagles together.
How many of the 7 games did you win and convincingly too. Maybe it was not luck but we were probably not the best team at the tournament. There were better teams that we didn't meet. Even those we met at the earlier stage proved a hard nut to crack.
Re: Do You Still Say Keshi Should Go ? by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 5:04am On Oct 16, 2014
Afam4eva:

How many of the 7 games did you win and convincingly too. Maybe it was not luck but we were probably not the best team at the tournament. There were better teams that we didn't meet. Even those we met at the earlier stage proved a hard nut to crack.
Which where the better teams? Ghana?

The referee tried cheating to sail Ghana into the finals. The Burkina Faso players were all over Ghana. Pitropa was fouled inside the box. It was a clear penalty and the referee gave Pitropa a second yellow card and sent him off. (Sunday Oliseh called it the worse decision in football history)

Even with a man down, the Ghanaians could not out play Burkina Faso and lost.

We outplayed Burkina Faso in the finals and the beat the tournament favorites Cote D'Ivoire.

So which teams were better?
Re: Do You Still Say Keshi Should Go ? by vic620(m): 5:06am On Oct 16, 2014
Yes. He has lost it. Plzzz NFF his pay aS you play cointract is non renewable. JuSt a pathetic n lousy fellar.
Re: Do You Still Say Keshi Should Go ? by Royaltriplee: 5:08am On Oct 16, 2014
kenlash1:
See as d mumu dey hug musa dey whisper for him ear " Abeg save my job , peakmilk wan take chop from my hand".

Last bullet. The round headed mofo must go, we deserve better even though we don't ve better
stop ABUSING........
just air out ur opinion.

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Say Keshi Should Go ? by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 5:08am On Oct 16, 2014
Afam4eva:

Coach Keshi is building the team. That is why we found games in the earlier stages of the competition difficult. For instance, Yobo was not in form and started as the captain. Victor Moses was not a key player of the team then. As the tournament went on, Coach Keshi and his crew got them playing better until they were unstoppable.

Remember, when the tournament started, the referees were bias to us. The NFF had to appeal to CAF to stop the unfair officiating against the Super Eagles.
Re: Do You Still Say Keshi Should Go ? by Ajibel(m): 5:13am On Oct 16, 2014
Yes
Re: Do You Still Say Keshi Should Go ? by Pancho01(m): 5:20am On Oct 16, 2014
I think d players should all go! We want new air in d team.
Re: Do You Still Say Keshi Should Go ? by ElekeNtioba: 5:23am On Oct 16, 2014
#TeamKeshiMustStayAndGo

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Say Keshi Should Go ? by bunmioguns(m): 5:30am On Oct 16, 2014
Yes
Re: Do You Still Say Keshi Should Go ? by Amadaz(m): 5:33am On Oct 16, 2014
I feel NFF should allow him atleast untill our qualification and eventual participation in the mundial comes thru then we can show him the door.
Re: Do You Still Say Keshi Should Go ? by tiarwale: 5:37am On Oct 16, 2014
banom:
After super eagle's 3-1 victory over Sudan today, let's see what nairalanders still think about Keshi. Do you now say he should stay or be fired ?

Beginning with me, #KESHISHOULDGO#

Let's hear yours.
stay where? Stay ko.....go ni,dont like his game plans
Re: Do You Still Say Keshi Should Go ? by englishmart(m): 5:38am On Oct 16, 2014
Have you ever thought of cote d' ivore?
Who have 2points in 4 matches.

Make una calm down. Keshi is still rehabilitating the eagles

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Say Keshi Should Go ? by TeamSimple(m): 5:38am On Oct 16, 2014
Even if e wins d remaining two matches he should Go. We should not be playing and celebrating goals against sudan as if we scored against Germany.
Re: Do You Still Say Keshi Should Go ? by sultan003(m): 5:39am On Oct 16, 2014
he is gone.. Amodu is now incharge
Re: Do You Still Say Keshi Should Go ? by tiarwale: 5:41am On Oct 16, 2014
Afam4eva:
Nigerian fans are probably the most emotionally driven fans in the world. They change their minds willy-nilly without doing some logical assessment on the subject matter. keshi has always been an above average coach which is a pass mark in my opinion but that does not make him a world class coach by any standard. His previous outing for several African countries were moderate but not fantastic. His greatest achievement was qualifying an African team for a world cup against other African teams, not European, South American or Asian teams. The truth is that African football is still in the dark ages and does not require any form of gargantuan coaching skills to win. In Africa, you can bulldoze your way into winning any competition and when you eventually play countries from other continents, your weaknesses starts to show. I shuddered at how Keshi's rankings increased after the world cup. Not that it's not normal for a coach who won a major competition to be praised but we did so without properly analyzing the idiosyncrasies of our outing and the technical depth inherent in the team. The truth is that we did not do anything fantastic at the nations cup. We were just an average team that was lucky. It's not like other teams were fantastic and we took them out. They were simply African teams. Our weaknesses were exposed at the confederations and world cup. So, the moral f the story is that you shouldn't wait until a team starts performing badly before evaluating the capabilities of the coach.
just one like? For all dis pages

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Say Keshi Should Go ? by cr7lomo: 5:45am On Oct 16, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:
Coach Keshi is building the team. That is why we found games in the earlier stages of the competition difficult. For instance, Yobo was not in form and started as the captain. Victor Moses was not a key player of the team then. As the tournament went on, Coach Keshi and his crew got them playing better until they were unstoppable.

Remember, when the tournament started, the referees were bias to us. The NFF had to appeal to CAF to stop the unfair officiating against the Super Eagles.

Guy u fall my hand , always saw u as an analytical soccer fan but seems like u biased. Winning a tournament don't automatically guarantee u as a good coach . Di Matteo was sacked after CL , capello was sacked at Madrid , rikaard dint get a new contract at barca after leading them to their 1st CL in 14yrs . Yes we appreciate d AFCON he won for us and WC qualification but he has lost his mojo just like these great coaches I mentioned . He can't hold us to ransom cos he won AFCON . This is the same reason arsenal fans are suffering , they dont wanna let Wenger go because of past record
Re: Do You Still Say Keshi Should Go ? by mployer(m): 5:50am On Oct 16, 2014
Afam4eva:

Sorry I didn't get the moral of your story.

Probably you are saying a foreign coach would do better. Which foreign coach has done better than Keshi since after westerhof?
Which foreign coach has done fantastic job for an African side, at least get them across the quarter final in the world cup?

The truth is Nigeria just like other African nations do not have world class players. You can't get a world class result with average players. The results keshi is getting are the best anyone can get with players like ours.

Its not about changing the coach, it is about having the right skills.

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Say Keshi Should Go ? by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 5:53am On Oct 16, 2014
cr7lomo:

Guy u fall my hand , always saw u as an analytical soccer fan but seems like u biased. Winning a tournament don't automatically guarantee u as a good coach . Di Matteo was sacked after CL , capello was sacked at Madrid , rikaard dint get a new contract at barca after leading them to their 1st CL in 14yrs . Yes we appreciate d AFCON he won for us and WC qualification but he has lost his mojo just like these great coaches I mentioned . He can't hold us to ransom cos he won AFCON . This is the same reason arsenal fans are suffering , they dont wanna let Wenger go because of past record
[b]Winning a tournament is not luck. You do not win a tournament or league by luck. You can win a game by luck.

Rijkaard flopped because he lost his assistant who was a key to his teams fitness for success. The coach's name is Henk Ten Cate. Cate was also the reason Coach Avram Grant got Chelsea to the finals. Also the attitudes of players like Ronaldinho and Deco had an adverse effect on the squad.

Di Matteo is also a good coach. Look at his team at West Brom that played fantastic attacking football and scored Arsenal three goals at the Emirates. Watch the way he outplayed Napoli to turnover a goal haul in the Champions league season Chelsea won.

What spoilt Di Matteo's era at Chelsea was that Abramovich to Di Matteo to build a new team. That is why the likes of Mata, Hazard and Oscar (MaZaCar) was built. It takes time to change a team like Chelsea to play free flowing football.

As soon as they crashed out of the Champions League, Di Matteo was sacked. If Di Matteo was not told to build a free flowing football team, he would never have crashed out.[/b]
Re: Do You Still Say Keshi Should Go ? by san316(m): 6:00am On Oct 16, 2014
i neva tot he shld go. he's d 1 dat said he wants to go. nw i think he mst go.
Re: Do You Still Say Keshi Should Go ? by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 6:01am On Oct 16, 2014
Coach Keshi sacked.

The decision was among others announced by the NFF Executive Committee after a meeting in Abuja on Wednesday night ‘in the interest of Nigerian football and the desire to ensure qualification for the 2015 Africa Cup of Nations finals’.
Keshi’s technical and backroom staff were also fired along with him. In their place, Salisu Yusuf, Gbenga Ogunbote and Alloy Agu will join Amodu for the final two games of the qualifying series.
http://jaguda.com/2014/10/16/nigerian-super-eagles-head-coach-stephen-keshi-sacked/
Re: Do You Still Say Keshi Should Go ? by mikeywise(m): 6:03am On Oct 16, 2014
Breaking news; Keshi sacked to be replaced by Amodu for our remaining qualifier.
Re: Do You Still Say Keshi Should Go ? by honey001(m): 6:06am On Oct 16, 2014
He has gone already, Amodu has taken over....

!
Re: Do You Still Say Keshi Should Go ? by QMark: 6:08am On Oct 16, 2014
Has he done anything differently?
Re: Do You Still Say Keshi Should Go ? by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 6:12am On Oct 16, 2014
[b]Coach Keshi and his crew, true heroes unjustly treated.

It has been a tough ride for Coach Keshi. From lack of regular payment of his salary and his staffs were not paid regularly. To the lack of regular bonuses of players. Unpaid hotel bills.

There was a rapid decline of our football and lack of success.

Coach Keshi and his crew worked hard and injected fresh blood into the team. Got us playing well and led us to an amassing Nations Cup victory. He gave players chance to grow as professionals and men in the team.

His addition of fresh blood and creating competition in every part of the team.

Coach Keshi and his crew wrote their names is in the history of Super Eagles. A great man who did something to end the failing plight of the Super Eagles.

It was an exciting time and you guys are leaving with your heads held high. Thank you guys for the new boys in the team. Especially Oboabona, Omeruo, Babatunde, Oshaniwa, Osaguona, Aluko, Aaron Samuel, Raheem Lawal and Gbolahan Salami. I hope they make you proud.

I will miss you guys.
https://www.nairaland.com/1951526/coach-keshi-crew-true-heroes[/b]
Re: Do You Still Say Keshi Should Go ? by 9jatatafo(m): 6:16am On Oct 16, 2014
Breaking News!!!! Stephen Keshi is sacked and Shuaibu Amodu to take over as interim coach. Keshi should be thrown out, we want result and not past glories.
Re: Do You Still Say Keshi Should Go ? by Rockstar07: 6:20am On Oct 16, 2014
9jatatafo:
Breaking News!!!! Stephen Keshi is sacked and Shuaibu Amodu to take over as interim coach. Keshi should be thrown out, we want result and not past glories.

shocked shocked shocked Nawa o
Re: Do You Still Say Keshi Should Go ? by Nobody: 6:20am On Oct 16, 2014
9jatatafo:

Sauce? Keshi seems a very stubborn and very heady fellow....He brought us the last nations cup, so I'm sitting on the fence on this "keshi must go" thing....
Re: Do You Still Say Keshi Should Go ? by Nobody: 6:21am On Oct 16, 2014
Afam4eva:
So sorry to say this sir, u r so wrong in ur analysis of African football in general and nigerian football in particular. If u say African football is still in the DARK AGES, my brother u r not correct. African football has witnessed a rapid development over the years and as such, there is no gainsaying d fact that the footballing gap among African countries is no longer wide as u think, if u think there is one outstanding footballing nation in Africa today, am afraid, u r wrong sir, hence d match results we see in Africa today. My friend, the super eagles were not lucky to ve won the nations cup pls. They (the super eagles) needed to believe in themselves because it was obvious then they lacked confidence. We neva gave them d benefit of d doubt wen they were to play cote d voire. Without our support they won and when they won the nations cup, out of hypocrisy as usual, we stormed the streets in jubilation. Nigerians have never belived in keshi and his team... God bless Nigerian football.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do You Still Say Keshi Should Go ? by ElFenomeno1: 6:21am On Oct 16, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:
[b]Coach Keshi and his crew, true heroes unjustly treated.

It has been a tough ride for Coach Keshi. From lack of regular payment of his salary and his staffs were not paid regularly. To the lack of regular bonuses of players. Unpaid hotel bills.

There was a rapid decline of our football and lack of success.

Coach Keshi and his crew worked hard and injected fresh blood into the team. Got us playing well and led us to an amassing Nations Cup victory. He gave players chance to grow as professionals and men in the team.

His addition of fresh blood and creating competition in every part of the team.

Coach Keshi and his crew wrote their names is in the history of Super Eagles. A great man who did something to end the failing plight of the Super Eagles.

It was an exciting time and you guys are leaving with your heads held high. Thank you guys for the new boys in the team. Especially Oboabona, Omeruo, Babatunde, Oshaniwa, Osaguona, Aluko, Aaron Samuel, Raheem Lawal and Gbolahan Salami. I hope they make you proud.

I will miss you guys.
https://www.nairaland.com/1951526/coach-keshi-crew-true-heroes[/b]

Told you!

Thanking God grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigeria Can Beat France Today, But Should Be Wary Of The Quarter-final Curse!!! / Ghana Coach Otto Addo Resigns After World Cup Exit / Anthony Joshua To Face Winner Of Tyson Fury Vs Oleksandr Usyk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.