Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,088 members, 7,825,434 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 02:28 PM

Do You Still Say Keshi Should Go ? - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Do You Still Say Keshi Should Go ? (16576 Views)

Three Players Keshi Should Drop For South Africa Clash / Opinion: Keshi Should NOT Be Given A New Contract / List Uncapped in-form Players Keshi Should Call-up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Still Say Keshi Should Go ? by Michky: 7:18am On Oct 16, 2014
tjkadzyanju:
Impatient and illogical nigerian fans.who else has done better than keshi right from the inception of football in nigeria.lars largerback was a failure,has siasia you clamour for won any cup.pls,i understand keshi is stubborn but all those talking at his back are mediocres who haven't won any cup.or should we start taking count of them.patience!Nigerians.
No need pleading with judases. They will contine to get the mediocrity they deserve, in every aspect of their lives. This nigeria twitter/facebook generation is a useless and immature one i tell you. They have brains but cant think. I call them 'the foolish ones'.
Re: Do You Still Say Keshi Should Go ? by Nobody: 7:23am On Oct 16, 2014
Michky:
No need pleading with judases. They will contine to get the mediocrity they deserve, in every aspect of their lives. This nigeria twitter/facebook generation is a useless and immature one i tell you. They have brains but cant think. I call them 'the foolish ones'.
yeah you're right,i just heard keshi has been sacked and replaced with amodu,then i asked,who is a better coach between keshi and amodu?its so pathetic.
Re: Do You Still Say Keshi Should Go ? by Dragonking: 7:25am On Oct 16, 2014
Afam4eva:
Nigerian fans are probably the most emotionally driven fans in the world. They change their minds willy-nilly without doing some logical assessment on the subject matter. keshi has always been an above average coach which is a pass mark in my opinion but that does not make him a world class coach by any standard. His previous outing for several African countries were moderate but not fantastic. His greatest achievement was qualifying an African team for a world cup against other African teams, not European, South American or Asian teams. The truth is that African football is still in the dark ages and does not require any form of gargantuan coaching skills to win. In Africa, you can bulldoze your way into winning any competition and when you eventually play countries from other continents, your weaknesses starts to show. I shuddered at how Keshi's rankings increased after the world cup. Not that it's not normal for a coach who won a major competition to be praised but we did so without properly analyzing the idiosyncrasies of our outing and the technical depth inherent in the team. The truth is that we did not do anything fantastic at the nations cup. We were just an average team that was lucky. It's not like other teams were fantastic and we took them out. They were simply African teams. Our weaknesses were exposed at the confederations and world cup. So, the moral f the story is that you shouldn't wait until a team starts performing badly before evaluating the capabilities of the coach.

This is the problem I have with Nigerians...they never appreciate their own...look at england for example that have all the tactical crew, medics etc yet struggled to qualify for the world cup, they didn't even go beyond first round but they still maintained their coach till now...

But Nigerians on the other hand because keshi lost two matches are calling for him to be sacked..no one has ever thought in their head why keshi is working without a tactical team...that alone is the fault of NFF and not keshi..yet keshi still won the nations cup despite beating the likes of ivory coast, guinea, even Burkina Faso...they say it was a fluke.. look at the confederation s cup, despite we lost to uraguay which showed that we didn't have a tactical team but they boys played well...same in the world cup..

You don't expect keshi who doesn't have a tactical or technical team to win against a foreign country that have standard tactical crew and all..despite this, super eagles gave their all..go and watch the nigeria versus Argentina match again..despite our shortcomings, Argentina didn't find it easy to win us..

Let's give keshi credit and put the blame on NFF who failed to give keshi a tactical team.

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Say Keshi Should Go ? by Michky: 7:26am On Oct 16, 2014
shupsy2012:
Capital YES!because as we saw,the goals scored were by individual brilliance not team work or technicality of the team..............we need those 2 quality in our team.
see this one o. No technicality you say? Do you know he used a 3-5-2 formation? Do you know he converted Onazi (our most reliable number 4) into a number 2? Even when we had a natural 2, sitting on the bench? I bet these are not technical enough for you. Mteeww.
Re: Do You Still Say Keshi Should Go ? by igweGC(m): 7:27am On Oct 16, 2014
Clueless talk everywhere! Everyone is saying #KeshiOut & all that. Ok fine, DO U HAVE A BETTER Replacement? I guess not. I watch an old AFCON qualifiers of ours under Amodu Shuibu..I realized that we are way better in game play & discipline than we were years back. We are not there yet, but we are far away from what we used to be. Nigerians like Magic. They expect a Coach to Come into a team & start performing signs & wonders. I'm no fan of Keshi or SE, but I like the fact that Keshi is building a team & NOT depending on the so called superstar players to make things work like others have done. Tactical foreign coaches shun SE cuz of player's ego & all that. I still believe Keshi is the right man for the Job. Quote me anywhere. Nigerian players are not patriotic sef..they can die for their club but can't even bend for Country. I see he's working on that mentality.

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Say Keshi Should Go ? by fammy101(m): 7:31am On Oct 16, 2014
KESHI nah only u go waka commot. Ooooooo
Re: Do You Still Say Keshi Should Go ? by Michky: 7:37am On Oct 16, 2014
tjkadzyanju:
yeah you're right,i just heard keshi has been sacked and replaced with amodu,then i asked,who is a better coach between keshi and amodu?its so pathetic.
Realy pathetic. Pinnic never liked Keshi anyways. He's been quoted on several occasions criticising Keshi's technical prowess. He should have let Keshi be. And now shuaibu? It is wise to withdraw my support and followersip for super eagles till further notice.

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Say Keshi Should Go ? by philips70(m): 7:54am On Oct 16, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:
Coach Keshi is not a proud man, he is confident.

I leave you and the indefatigable audience to identify the thin line between pride and confidence as it relates to Keshi. As for me and my household he walks, speaks, acts with pride. Eg..South Africa is after me to handle Bafana Bafana; even if am sacked many countries are waiting for me. We all knew what SA did to such "confidence". Actions speak louder than words bro.
Re: Do You Still Say Keshi Should Go ? by lawrenceunaa: 8:00am On Oct 16, 2014
We lost two matches drew one and won one

Africa champions that can't have a straight win due to
Bad team and coach
Re: Do You Still Say Keshi Should Go ? by bullyman36(m): 8:01am On Oct 16, 2014
NairaMode:
We have always been able to analyze and judge football from afar.
We analyze gestures, choices and style of coaches and players alike from a very distant view which is usually bias.
As the case maybe, there are always things we do not know about players, coaches, their mindset and decisions, mistakes and glory.
So I don't really judge but going by what people working with him have said about him, I think he should be given a fair chance some more.

I personally believe he is proud and unprofessional with some of his statements and decisions and in the event that he doesn't adjust (say within a stipulated period) then he should be shown the way.

People deserve chances and we don't just severe the head because it hurts.
The man is becoming a big boy Joor.... Not that he is not good.but when pride comes in hmmmm
Re: Do You Still Say Keshi Should Go ? by titoetal(m): 8:03am On Oct 16, 2014
Keshi should finish the job at hand. I don't think there's going to be a magical hand that will turn the table to make us qualify or lose out of the tournament.
This is not the best time to thinker on this decision.
Re: Do You Still Say Keshi Should Go ? by ElFenomeno1: 8:21am On Oct 16, 2014
He is GONE!!!!!

Woooop grin
Re: Do You Still Say Keshi Should Go ? by samuelfemo(m): 8:22am On Oct 16, 2014
pls u guys dont need to start creating unecessary topic here, this guy is gone,what do u mean by coming back
Re: Do You Still Say Keshi Should Go ? by sultan003(m): 8:26am On Oct 16, 2014
Michky:
see this one o. No technicality you say? Do you know he used a 3-5-2 formation? Do you know he converted Onazi (our most reliable number 4) into a number 2? Even when we had a natural 2, sitting on the bench? I bet these are not technical enough for you. Mteeww.

onazi played as a number 2 during his days with the U17.
he also played as a number 2 during the afcon game last year against zambia. this position is not new to him
Re: Do You Still Say Keshi Should Go ? by adedayourt(m): 8:28am On Oct 16, 2014
He's gone already

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Say Keshi Should Go ? by Nobody: 9:18am On Oct 16, 2014
Reference:

Every coach has preferences, even if YOU were appointed I will probably not agree with your selection and will most certainly name drop. And don't tell me you have not disagreed professionally with anyone leading to your parting with the fellow, then I will say you have never handled responsibility. Mourinho, Ancelotti, Pep, Wenger, Scolari, Van Gaal name them. They have all discarded players we all felt were worthy. They win some trophies and lose some matches scandalously but they are still considered good coaches. Keshi has won and lost too. That is life. That is football. It is a team game and not only about the individual players.
You sound so sentimental and confused. Let me tell you, if i am in a position to sack Keshi, i will do so, on the grounds that i love this country and wants it to move forward. Please do not embrace "mediocrity". Nigeria has a lot of talented players that we don't need to keep struggling in International Matches. We were somewhat lucky last night believe it or not. Keshi needs people with a lot of ideas. I also can help him out with a huge information on Congo. The Congolese team would play 4-4-1-1 next month and their major "game plan" would be to neutralize the Nigerians in midefield with counter attacks upfront so as to rap up the match in the first-half :-)
Re: Do You Still Say Keshi Should Go ? by Harkinyhemmy(m): 9:19am On Oct 16, 2014
you are still asking
Re: Do You Still Say Keshi Should Go ? by Afam4eva(m): 9:48am On Oct 16, 2014
mployer:

Sorry I didn't get the moral of your story.

Probably you are saying a foreign coach would do better. Which foreign coach has done better than Keshi since after westerhof?
Which foreign coach has done fantastic job for an African side, at least get them across the quarter final in the world cup?

The truth is Nigeria just like other African nations do not have world class players. You can't get a world class result with average players. The results keshi is getting are the best anyone can get with players like ours.

Its not about changing the coach, it is about having the right skills.
I never said Foreign coaches are better. There are 3 types of coaches in the world. The Good, the Average and the bad and the distribution is usually determined by how consistent or inconsistent their teams perform. I have always advocated that if we must go for a foreign coach then we have to go for the best (Mourinho, Gius Hiddink, Arsene etc) and not the likes of Berti vogts and the likes else we should remain with the best coaches in Nigeria who are not exactly one of the best in the world but just good enough to help us fight fr the top spot in African football and probably winning a title but not necessarily retaining it.

Nigeria may not have world class players but that is not what determines modern day football. Spain and Brazil probaably have the best players in the world but were disgraced at the last world cup. Modern day football requires tactical and philosophical discipline and not the charade of conglomeration of the so-called world class players. If the assemblage of very good players is what makes a team then Cote-diviore should have been at the very top of world football because they have some of the best players in the world who ply their trade in some of the best clubs and leagues in the world.

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Say Keshi Should Go ? by Afam4eva(m): 10:00am On Oct 16, 2014
ROSSIKE:

Dude please spare me this condescending, anti-African POPPYCOCK. To you, everything African is the worst on earth. Why don't you kuku bleach yourself white and disappear to Australia or something? Rubbish. He even ranks Asian football above African soccer. '''Oh.. it's so easy to win the African cup''. Have you ever played football in your pampered life? Ajebutter coming here to talk garbage. I wonder if you rate your own competence at work poorly based on the fact that you are ''only a Nigerian '', and therefore, ''nowhere near the best''.
If i didn't know your default position in the delusion association of Africa, i would have taken you seriously. it's because of people like you that Africa is in the doldrums of progressive delusion. You see the a lie and call it the truth just because you want African to be seen from a myopic vantage point. When i'm talking about African football, i'm not just talking abut the coglomeration of talents but also aabout the administrative prowess and tactical discipline. I rate Asian football higher not because they have better players than African but because they have managed to put aa lot of things in order and these things are what will take African football far only if we can pause for a second and do the right things. It's not about Mikel Obi or Keshi but about the football setup in Nigeria. Imagine a football association that appoints Amodu Ahuaibu as coach in 2014. We're just not serious and you're lying to yourself.

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Say Keshi Should Go ? by Michky: 10:55am On Oct 16, 2014
sultan003:

onazi played as a number 2 during his days with the U17.
he also played as a number 2 during the afcon game last year against zambia. this position is not new to him
Who is asking you whether the position is new to him or not. You obviously didnt get the point. Keshi had a standing 2 in Ambrose but put our only reliable 4 into ambrose place. It takes guts and technical know-how to do that kind of thing. At this point, no need for further argument.
Re: Do You Still Say Keshi Should Go ? by lucarella: 11:12am On Oct 16, 2014
Afam4eva:
Nigerian fans are probably the most emotionally driven fans in the world. They change their minds willy-nilly without doing some logical assessment on the subject matter. keshi has always been an above average coach which is a pass mark in my opinion but that does not make him a world class coach by any standard. His previous outing for several African countries were moderate but not fantastic. His greatest achievement was qualifying an African team for a world cup against other African teams, not European, South American or Asian teams. The truth is that African football is still in the dark ages and does not require any form of gargantuan coaching skills to win. In Africa, you can bulldoze your way into winning any competition and when you eventually play countries from other continents, your weaknesses starts to show. I shuddered at how Keshi's rankings increased after the world cup. Not that it's not normal for a coach who won a major competition to be praised but we did so without properly analyzing the idiosyncrasies of our outing and the technical depth inherent in the team. The truth is that we did not do anything fantastic at the nations cup. We were just an average team that was lucky. It's not like other teams were fantastic and we took them out. They were simply African teams. Our weaknesses were exposed at the confederations and world cup. So, the moral f the story is that you shouldn't wait until a team starts performing badly before evaluating the capabilities of the coach.

This has been the BEST comment so far on this thread. Nigerians either have amnesia or are just too sentimental. If you watched the Nations Cup critically, you will find out that the only game that Nigeria played good football was against Mali. The other games were just plain luck; or I would say, a high spirit. It had nothing to do with the coach. I didn't hear word when we won the Nations Cup . Everyone labelled Keshi as the best tactical master and others said his decision not to choose certain players meant he knew what he was saying blah blah blah. However it is this same Nigerians that are shouting for him to go. When a team has a high spirit and the backing of their fans, they are very hard to defeat. Not that they are the best, or their coach is fantastic, but they are 'gingered'. Look at Real Sociedad against a star studded Real Madrid, Look at Liverpool against AC Milan (2005 Champs league final). The goal keeping at the Nations Cup was awful. I was so embarrassed.
Could you tell me what pattern of play Nigeria had in the Nations Cup? There was no tactic. No style, no progression of play. Only give the ball to an in-form Emenike and he will bully his way to the goal. Mschew.

Now you want Keshi to go. Bloody Hypocrites! This is the time that I even wanted him to stay. I am not a fan of Keshi or even Nigerian football. But now I feel he should stay because of his AFCON glory. By the way, if you call that past glory, then that was a past glory that u didnt have a couple of years back, even with foreign coaches. So you all should just shut up or follow European football jeje.
Re: Do You Still Say Keshi Should Go ? by Camry1(m): 11:12am On Oct 16, 2014
Yes! Keshi should go, an rest.
Re: Do You Still Say Keshi Should Go ? by steve308(m): 12:08pm On Oct 16, 2014
no we still need him
Re: Do You Still Say Keshi Should Go ? by mpowa(m): 12:16pm On Oct 16, 2014
Afam4eva:

Perfect analysis, this explains the difference between Keshi's success and westerof's success, African football as gone bad, it's almost nothing special to be African champions now, the last set of deserving African champions are Egypt, Zambia won by luck, so did Nigeria, when Egypt won, they dominated for 3 consecutive tournaments showing it wasn't fluke, they were the best, Nigeria should also have won more after Tunisia 94 if not for Abacha, but when they came back in 2000, they reached the final loosing to Cameroon on penalties, that's how strong teams are built, not quick fix football, not RESULTconsciousness in place of a STRONG TEAM development, let's hope our new NFF board will get it right, give us a coach Foreign or Local that's sound and will develop a STRONG team we can be proud of.
Re: Do You Still Say Keshi Should Go ? by sultan003(m): 12:31pm On Oct 16, 2014
Michky:
Who is asking you whether the position is new to him or not. You obviously didnt get the point. Keshi had a standing 2 in Ambrose but put our only reliable 4 into ambrose place. It takes guts and technical know-how to do that kind of thing. At this point, no need for further argument.

is Ambrose a 2? besides, bakri (number 9 of sudan) with his pace destroyed ambrose in khartoum, maybe keshi wanted someone that is fast hence onazi.
it is only with the national team that ambrose plays as a right back. celtic plays ambrose as a centre back
Re: Do You Still Say Keshi Should Go ? by oluwafemi113(m): 1:21pm On Oct 16, 2014
B4 co ?

Must Go
Re: Do You Still Say Keshi Should Go ? by paulinton: 1:34pm On Oct 16, 2014
[quote
author=NairaMode post=27181926]We have always been able to analyze and
judge football from afar.
We analyze gestures, choices and style of coaches and players alike from
a very distant view which is usually bias.
As the case maybe, there are always things we do not know about players,
coaches, their mindset and decisions, mistakes and glory.
So I don't really judge but going by what people working with him have
said about him, I think he should be given a fair chance some more.

I personally believe he is proud and unprofessional with some of his
statements and decisions and in the event that he doesn't adjust (say
within a stipulated period) then he should be shown the way.

People deserve chances and we don't just severe the head because it
hurts.[/quote] u hav a point there
Re: Do You Still Say Keshi Should Go ? by Nicur: 1:40pm On Oct 16, 2014
@op the correct topic should have been why did it take this long to sack keshi? angry
Re: Do You Still Say Keshi Should Go ? by Ghanamustgo(m): 3:44pm On Oct 16, 2014
banom:
After super eagle's 3-1 victory over Sudan today, let's see what nairalanders still think about Keshi. Do you now say he should stay or be fired ?

Beginning with me, #KESHISHOULDGO#

Yes!!!!!! At last. How are we going to celebrate it?

Let's hear yours.
Re: Do You Still Say Keshi Should Go ? by Ghanamustgo(m): 3:46pm On Oct 16, 2014
banom:
After super eagle's 3-1 victory over Sudan today, let's see what nairalanders still think about Keshi. Do you now say he should stay or be fired ?

Beginning with me, #KESHISHOULDGO#

Let's hear yours.

Yes!!!!!! He should go pack his load into a Ghana must go and go.
Re: Do You Still Say Keshi Should Go ? by prince133(m): 7:04pm On Oct 16, 2014
kNarcissus:
Perhaps he's got luck on his side, But his biased mind towards players that could contribute more to the team is still a problem.
wait,this makes me wonder,all these rantings about keshi,if you take a good look at you guys idi0tic comments,you should ask yourself,"ARE YOU AGAINST KESHI OR NIGERIA?"
Re: Do You Still Say Keshi Should Go ? by mancheeutd(m): 8:18pm On Oct 16, 2014
president to reverse keshi's appointment

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

NPFL All-stars Arrives Spain Ahead Of La Liga Trofeo Ramon De Carranza Tour / SA 2010 WCQ: Nigeria(3) Vs Kenya(0) On Sunday 7th June / Naomi Osaka Beats Jennifer Brady To Win Second Australian Open Title

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.