Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,937 members, 7,814,179 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:32 AM

EFCC Bazaar Continues, Withdraws Charges Against Fred Ajudua, Etc - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Bazaar Continues, Withdraws Charges Against Fred Ajudua, Etc (904 Views)

Wike Suspends Fred Kpakol And Dagogo / Fred Ajudua Granted Bail{picture} / Subsidy Fraud: EFCC Withdraws Charges Against Four Suspects (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC Bazaar Continues, Withdraws Charges Against Fred Ajudua, Etc by NgeneUkwenu(f): 7:24am On Oct 16, 2014
Reprieve came the way of Lagos lawyer and prominent socialite, Fred Ajudua Wednesday, after a Lagos High Court sitting in Ikeja discharged him of an allegation of defrauding two Dutch businessmen of $1.69 million proffered against him by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).

Ajudua was arraigned alongside one Charles Orie for the same offence.

The anti-graft agency had alleged that the defendants defrauded the victims by claiming that the money was for help to facilitate a contract worth $18 million on behalf of the complainants.

It would be recalled that the duo were first arraigned before Justice Joseph Oyewole in 2003 for allegedly defrauding Remy Cina and Pieere Vijgen (two German businessmen) of $1.69 million, but jumped bail in 2005 until their reappearance in 2013 after an arrest warrant was issued by Oyewole.

Ajudua and Orie were alleged to have conspired with Rasheed Adekunle, Abisola Fawehinmi and Stephen Joiner, who are still at large to commit the said crime between 1999 and 2000.

The case, however, suffered various setbacks as the EFCC failed to produce some foreign witnesses in the matter since 2003 when the case was first instituted.

At the resumed hearing yesterday, counsel to the EFCC, Mrs. E.A Sanusi, told the court that some of the principal witnesses in the matter had vehemently refused to come to Nigerian to testify on the matter because of the recent outbreak of Ebola in the country.

She further said that in the circumstance, the EFCC has no other option but to ask for the withdrawal of the charge.

Granting the request, Justice Kudirat Jose ordered that Ajudua and his co-accused be discharged of the charges. The judge, however, did not acquit them of the charges.

http://www.informationng.com/2014/10/1-6m-fraud-allegation-efcc-withdraws-charges-against-ajudua-orie.html?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

Re: EFCC Bazaar Continues, Withdraws Charges Against Fred Ajudua, Etc by NgeneUkwenu(f): 7:25am On Oct 16, 2014
The guy has promised to work for jonadafft reelection ambition!

1 Like

Re: EFCC Bazaar Continues, Withdraws Charges Against Fred Ajudua, Etc by courage54(m): 7:27am On Oct 16, 2014
Even if Buhari is contesting in his grave I will still vote for him because he is the only man I call trust to bring sanity to our dear country. Is only a fool that will continue to do things the same way and expect a different result, So Let's Make The Right Choice.

God Bless Nigeria
God Bless Niger-Delta
Sai Buhari

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Bazaar Continues, Withdraws Charges Against Fred Ajudua, Etc by Nobody: 7:29am On Oct 16, 2014
Charles Orie once had a romantic relationship with Regina Askia if I am not mistaken.

Seriously,Fred Ajudua don suffer o! I think his case is the longest so far in the hands of EFCC.
Good for him!
Re: EFCC Bazaar Continues, Withdraws Charges Against Fred Ajudua, Etc by NgeneUkwenu(f): 7:30am On Oct 16, 2014
Notice: if you have anybody on the "awaiting trial" for corruption and sundries, approach EFCC now, to benefit from the current promotion under jonadafttt!

Terms and conditions apply!
Re: EFCC Bazaar Continues, Withdraws Charges Against Fred Ajudua, Etc by Nobody: 7:32am On Oct 16, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:
Notice: if you have anybody on the "awaiting trial" for corruption and sundries, approach EFCC now, to benefit from the current promotion under jonadafttt!

Terms and conditions apply!
grin grin grin
Re: EFCC Bazaar Continues, Withdraws Charges Against Fred Ajudua, Etc by konjakonja(m): 7:34am On Oct 16, 2014
grin grin the word Bazaar makes me laugh, no vex o, na church bazaar? This op no go burst my ribs today!
Re: EFCC Bazaar Continues, Withdraws Charges Against Fred Ajudua, Etc by Rawani: 7:42am On Oct 16, 2014
Stealing is not corruption so I wonder what the directionless EFCC were doing in harassing this poor man. That is what happens when executive policy is not communicated to agencies, as NgeneUkwenu rightly announced, anyone with a case of stealing or fraud should come forward and get discharged so as to free up our courts to deal with the real corruption a.k.a audacity of the opposition.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Bazaar Continues, Withdraws Charges Against Fred Ajudua, Etc by bolaino(m): 7:48am On Oct 16, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:
The guy has promised to work for jonadafft reelection ambition!
lol, na really EFCC bazaar, funny heading.
Re: EFCC Bazaar Continues, Withdraws Charges Against Fred Ajudua, Etc by NgeneUkwenu(f): 9:55am On Oct 16, 2014
bolaino:
lol, na really EFCC bazaar, funny heading.

My brother these things dey tire me!

1 Like

Re: EFCC Bazaar Continues, Withdraws Charges Against Fred Ajudua, Etc by bolaino(m): 10:20am On Oct 16, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:

My brother these things dey tire me!
truth be told, this single action is very insightful, we now know for sure that the ruling party is hell bent on rigging the election come 2015, imagine the calibre of goons they are letting off the hook in order to cause mayhem come 2015, na God go save us.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Bazaar Continues, Withdraws Charges Against Fred Ajudua, Etc by In2systemsTech(m): 11:59am On Oct 16, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:
Reprieve came the way of Lagos lawyer and prominent socialite, Fred Ajudua Wednesday, after a Lagos High Court sitting in Ikeja discharged him [/b]of an allegation of defrauding two Dutch businessmen of $1.69 million proffered against him by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).

Re: [b]EFCC Bazaar Continues,
Withdraws Charges Against Fred Ajudua, Etc

@OP How was it an EFCC Bazaar as you claim... where in the write up did it state such?? You probably did not read the story but just want to discredit the EFCC. I guess you are an APC member because all you guys do is try to embarrass the recent government. Fred Ajudua was discharged by a Lagos High Court Sitting in Ikeja. Why do you find it hard to comprehend.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

REAKING: FG Withdraws Tambuwal's Security Details / 9ice Shares Bottles Of Palm Oil, Palm Wine & Water For 2015 Electoral Campaign / Nigeria Media And Connection To A.p.c (punch, S.r, A.i.t,pm News,vanguard)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.