Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,014 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:21 AM

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! - Sports (150) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! (698380 Views)

Nigeria's U-23 Team Land In Lagos Following AFCON Victory (Photos) / Samson Siasia Flaunts The U-23 Trophy And His Medal (Photo) / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) ... (341) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by lexyman(m): 9:11am On Feb 01, 2016
I am seeing things .... As d Olympic draw nearer , our team is becoming more deadlier .Nacho + iwobi + success= gold medal .

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 10:53am On Feb 01, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Iheanacho: Man City Hat-trick Not My Greatest Moment
[/size]

Manchester City forward Kelechi Iheanacho has described his hat-trick heroics against Aston Villa in the Emirates FA Cup a great day in his football career but not the greatest day of his life.

The Nigerian international who also became the youngest player to score a hat-trick for Manchester City in 61 years, after Joe Hayes in 1955, told the club’s official website that he needs to keep working hard to actualize his dreams.

“I’m so glad to score a hat-trick, it’s a great day in my life but it’s not the greatest day of my life because I need to keep working hard. This is the starting point of my career so I need to keep going.

“It’s important to get an early goal. The penalty was very good, I took my time, it was a very good penalty for me,” Iheanacho told City TV.

Iheanacho who took his goal tally to eight this season in all competitions will however wait till Tuesday to find out if he will be included in the Citizens’ Champions League squad for the next round.​

Read more at http://www.completesportsnigeria.com/iheanacho-not-carried-away-man-city-hat-trick/#SBeHggkTYSFhv1TU.99
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 11:14am On Feb 01, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Iheanacho boasts: I will score more goals
Posted By: Chijioke Ezeali
[/size]

Iheanacho

Nigeria teen sensation, Kelechi Iheanacho has boasted that there is more to come from him following his hat-trick against Aston Villa in the fourth round of the FA Cup.

The 19-year-old was voted man-of-the-match after scoring a hat-trick and assitsing Raheem Sterling for the fourth goal as the Citizens demolished their host 4-0.

The former Under-17 star, who broke into Manchester City’s first team this season, took advantage of the absence of key regulars, Sergio Aguero, David Silva, and Yaya Toure.

His calmness in front of goal would have gladened even the hearts of national team bosses who will be monitoring from Africa as he destroys defences in England.

“I am so happy to score today,” Iheanacho told Skysports. “It is my first hat-trick and I am hopeful of more to come. I took my time to score the third goal.

“I waited for the goalkeeper to see where he went. It is a great feeling when the fans chant my name and I am grateful they came to support us.”

Iheanacho will hope to make the starting line-up again on Tuesday when Manchester City travel to face relegation threatened Sunderland in a premier league fixture.
http://thenationonlineng.net/iheanacho-boasts-i-will-score-more-goals/
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 3:04pm On Feb 01, 2016
OFFICIAL: Guardiola signs for Man City

Go #Kelechi

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 3:14pm On Feb 01, 2016
joseph1013:

Go #Kelechi

I am not a City fan so I dnt wish Guardiola well. tongue
I only pray this move favors Iheanacho.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:17pm On Feb 01, 2016
joseph1013:

Go #Kelechi

I can not imagine what Guardiola is going to do with Nacho. Nacho is going to be his personal project. I can not wait for next season. I see Nacho having an immense time next season. I can only describe it with one word.

EXPLOSIVE.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:19pm On Feb 01, 2016
Icon4s:

I am not a City fan so I dnt wish Guardiola well. tongue
I only pray this move favors Iheanacho.

As long as your prayers favor Iheanacho, it will favor us. tongue
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:20pm On Feb 01, 2016
“I am so happy to score today,” Iheanacho told Skysports. “It is my first hat-trick and I am hopeful of more to come. I took my time to score the third goal.

“I waited for the goalkeeper to see where he went. It is a great feeling when the fans chant my name and I am grateful they came to support us.”

The taking time to finish is what is lacking in Awoniyi's game. I hope he sorts it out to increase our pool of young promising strikers.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 3:50pm On Feb 01, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

The taking time to finish is what is lacking in Awoniyi's game. I hope he sorts it out to increase our pool of young promising strikers.

Did you notice that in the last 15 yards of the run to that last goal, he took his eyes off the ball and kept watching the goalkeeper till he moved? it was only then that he slotted the ball past him. There was another goal in the EDS last season where he was through on goal with only the keeper to beat, the keeper didnt move, and what did he do? He dribbled him and scored. Dude is a natural finisher!

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:57pm On Feb 01, 2016
Yes! Yes!!! Yes!!!!!

Okay... Uhmm... I don't wanna jump the gun but this is just great. Saw it earlier today and I must say that I'm quite excited.
No guarantees come with this BUT I'M CERTAIN IT'S GONNA WORK OUT JUST FINE for one of the world's fast-rising super young talents in Soccer, Kelechi "Alien Kid" Iheanacho.

Pellegrini and his coaches at Man City football club have done the best they can with Nacho even though Nacho's mental attitude and overall keenness for hardwork have been part of the major reasons Nacho is excelling and getting better @Man City.
I'm glad his exposure to the best players and best training facilities the EPL had to offer had yielded much dividends so far.
Kelechi's success had also been down to him making the most of the little chances he got in the season's first half. He made the most of the situation even when Pellegrini was kinda initially reluctant and uncertain making comments like, "Kelechi is not a striker......." (Remember that game when he didn't bring on Kelechi earlier when Bony went off injured and Aguero was also still out on the injury table).

But I'm glad the same Pellegrini is quick to admit that, "Kelechi is more than a finisher and more than a striker......" (Said after the 5-1 demolition of Crystal palace-- Capital One Cup).

"Kelechi is the reason I let Dzeko and Jovetic go...." (Said earlier in the season and repeated following Nacho's hattrick and one assist performance vs. Aston villa-- FA Cup)

"Kelechi is a very important young player for the club......" (Said it again after the FA cup win against Villa.... Had said so on a couple of occasions but this last time was with certainty and gladness than ever before noticed..... Check out the interviews)

All the words in quotes just above are Pellegrini's not mine

Pellegrini's handling of Kelechi might have been controversial I admit.... At a time, I was really pissed. But I take good faith in this, He's a good trainer and definitely some of his teachings have rubbed off on Kelechi. And thanks goodness, Kelechi knew he had to put in more work so as to make some of his talents (WE'VE NOT SEEN HALF OF IT YET) shine in the very little time Pellegrini gave him in the season's first half.

Thank you Sir Pellegrini. Thank you for at least allowing Nacho prove you wrong (you thought he couldn't play alone upfront and you initially said he wasn't a striker), and thanks also for making him prove you right (he's indeed more than a striker and a finisher..... He's an allround "MONSTER" forward who's more of a no.10:no.9 Super hybrid.... And Pellers was right to let him take that penalty.... Hehehe.... And a few other things follow)

I respect Sir Manuel Pellegrini. His proteges often than not go on to be world class, e.g. Isco, Riquelme, etc.
But Now Enter one of the game's current best tacticians/coaches/managers/trainers of the modern era...... "Josep 'Pep
' Guardiola Sala".

Guardiola loves to work with and develop young beastly super talents...... Check out his works with Lionel Messi, Sergio Busquets, Thiago Alcantara, Kingsley Coman, Diego Costa, Sebastian Rode, etc AND YOU'LL KNOW IHEANACHO IS MOVING FROM A SAFE HAND INTO AN EVEN SAFER HAND.

I expect Nacho to evolve even much more under Guardiola's tutelage. Guardiola will simply fall in love with this Rare Class-Act called "Ian-Atcho" by Man City's English/British fans.

P.S: It was reported that the players led by Aguero and Silva sang the "Iheanacho song" in the dressing room as Nacho walked in....... Wow!!! What a sight that must have been for Nacho.
Standing before two of the world's finest players and club legends and hearing them sing your name with so much laughter and happiness. THIS SHOULD HUMBLE ANY SERIOUS-HEADED YOUNGSTER. Keep working your socks off Nacho..... We still have a long way to go BUT YOU'LL SURELY MOVE MOUNTAINS.

Awesome for Nigerian football..... #smiles

joseph1013:

Go #Kelechi

3 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 5:08pm On Feb 01, 2016
Just in case y'all haven't heard, Iheanacho has been added to City's Champions League squad.

So while Martial is out of CL, Kelechi is in...
.hopefully he scores goals to shut the United fans up

4 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 5:41pm On Feb 01, 2016
With Pep coming in, there are no guarantees for Kelechi. He has to impress the new coach. If Iheanacho goes to the Olympics, he might find it hard to make the first team.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 5:47pm On Feb 01, 2016
tbaba1234:
With Pep coming in, there are no guarantees for Kelechi. He has to impress the new coach. If Iheanacho goes to the Olympics, he might find it hard to make the first team.
if he gets a gold it might well be worth it.

Everybody wants to go to the Olympics and if after that Pep doesn't want him I'm sure many clubs wouldn't mind grabbing an Olympic gold medalist, not much to lose if he makes his mark this season

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 6:01pm On Feb 01, 2016
So devil still dey use people for this una thread, lol.....see as I say make I go back small only to be reading what looks like Romance Section posts.

Have fun guys....men are just like women in the 21st century after all *leaves with laughter*

Make nobody bother to quote me o, I no dey read any post from this thread on my mentions grin
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:09pm On Feb 01, 2016
joseph1013:

Did you notice that in the last 15 yards of the run to that last goal, he took his eyes off the ball and kept watching the goalkeeper till he moved? it was only then that he slotted the ball past him. There was another goal in the EDS last season where he was through on goal with only the keeper to beat, the keeper didnt move, and what did he do? He dribbled him and scored. Dude is a natural finisher!

Players have different areas they excel in while they train the areas they are lacking. Iheanacho, Success and Osimhen instinctively without training, know how to find the back of the net. Although, they have different styles but their Killer instincts are flawless.

Awoniyi on the other hand knows how to make this deadly runs to get himself in positions to score. You see him doing this over and over again. I think he does this better than the other three. However, he lacks that natural coolness in front of goal.

Just like Man City Coaches have made Nacho stronger and faster, Awoniyi can train his coolness in front of the goal. He might not reach the class of Success, Nacho and Osimhen but it would make Awoniyi a better top class striker if he couples it with his Natural instinct in being at the right place, at the right time.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:19pm On Feb 01, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
Yes! Yes!!! Yes!!!!!

Okay... Uhmm... I don't wanna jump the gun but this is just great. Saw it earlier today and I must say that I'm quite excited.
No guarantees come with this BUT I'M CERTAIN IT'S GONNA WORK OUT JUST FINE for one of the world's fast-rising super young talents in Soccer, Kelechi "Alien Kid" Iheanacho.

Pellegrini and his coaches at Man City football club have done the best they can with Nacho even though Nacho's mental attitude and overall keenness for hardwork have been part of the major reasons Nacho is excelling and getting better @Man City.
I'm glad his exposure to the best players and best training facilities the EPL had to offer had yielded much dividends so far.
Kelechi's success had also been down to him making the most of the little chances he got in the season's first half. He made the most of the situation even when Pellegrini was kinda initially reluctant and uncertain making comments like, "Kelechi is not a striker......." (Remember that game when he didn't bring on Kelechi earlier when Bony went off injured and Aguero was also still out on the injury table).

But I'm glad the same Pellegrini is quick to admit that, "Kelechi is more than a finisher and more than a striker......" (Said after the 5-1 demolition of Crystal palace-- Capital One Cup).

"Kelechi is the reason I let Dzeko and Jovetic go...." (Said earlier in the season and repeated following Nacho's hattrick and one assist performance vs. Aston villa-- FA Cup)

"Kelechi is a very important young player for the club......" (Said it again after the FA cup win against Villa.... Had said so on a couple of occasions but this last time was with certainty and gladness than ever before noticed..... Check out the interviews)

All the words in quotes just above are Pellegrini's not mine

Pellegrini's handling of Kelechi might have been controversial I admit.... At a time, I was really pissed. But I take good faith in this, He's a good trainer and definitely some of his teachings have rubbed off on Kelechi. And thanks goodness, Kelechi knew he had to put in more work so as to make some of his talents (WE'VE NOT SEEN HALF OF IT YET) shine in the very little time Pellegrini gave him in the season's first half.

Thank you Sir Pellegrini. Thank you for at least allowing Nacho prove you wrong (you thought he couldn't play alone upfront and you initially said he wasn't a striker), and thanks also for making him prove you right (he's indeed more than a striker and a finisher..... He's an allround "MONSTER" forward who's more of a no.10:no.9 Super hybrid.... And Pellers was right to let him take that penalty.... Hehehe.... And a few other things follow)

I respect Sir Manuel Pellegrini. His proteges often than not go on to be world class, e.g. Isco, Riquelme, etc.
But Now Enter one of the game's current best tacticians/coaches/managers/trainers of the modern era...... "Josep 'Pep
' Guardiola Sala".

Guardiola loves to work with and develop young beastly super talents...... Check out his works with Lionel Messi, Sergio Busquets, Thiago Alcantara, Kingsley Coman, Diego Costa, Sebastian Rode, etc AND YOU'LL KNOW IHEANACHO IS MOVING FROM A SAFE HAND INTO AN EVEN SAFER HAND.

I expect Nacho to evolve even much more under Guardiola's tutelage. Guardiola will simply fall in love with this Rare Class-Act called "Ian-Atcho" by Man City's English/British fans.

P.S: It was reported that the players led by Aguero and Silva sang the "Iheanacho song" in the dressing room as Nacho walked in....... Wow!!! What a sight that must have been for Nacho.
Standing before two of the world's finest players and club legends and hearing them sing your name with so much laughter and happiness. THIS SHOULD HUMBLE ANY SERIOUS-HEADED YOUNGSTER. Keep working your socks off Nacho..... We still have a long way to go BUT YOU'LL SURELY MOVE MOUNTAINS.

Awesome for Nigerian football..... #smiles

Staying and training every day with the top talents have rubbed off on him. Talent is not what makes greats. It is the continuous polishing of your talent.

Just like a bright student who does not read or a brilliant writer who does not write or a talented singer who does not spend the ideal amount of time in the studio recording.

He has seen that the top stars like Yaya, Silva, Aguero and Kompany work their socks off everyday to remain on top.

From Nacho's interviews, the Words from his coaches and team mates have sunk in and in a few years many will understand why you call him the "Alien Kid."

I still have my eyes on Chidera Ezeh and Saviour Godwin. I expect more from these two guys.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:26pm On Feb 01, 2016
tbaba1234:

Not so. Nacho is a big project for Man City. He is the face of the Etihad Campus. The best academy facility in Europe. The executives of Man City are developing something similar as the La Masia academy of Barcelona were some of the World best talents emerged from. Xavi, Guardiola, Busquets, Puyol, Thiago Alcantara, Fabregas, Messi, Iniesta, Jordi Alba, Diego Capel and many more.

So Guardiola coming in is a coach who fully understands the La Masia integration into the Barcelona squad.

The executives and Guardiola are coming to make Nacho flourish and promote other young talents in the squad.

No doubt, there will be influx of talented players. Most especially Neymar. But, Guardiola knows how to rotate and integrate his squad.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:29pm On Feb 01, 2016
safarigirl:
So devil still dey use people for this una thread, lol.....see as I say make I go back small only to be reading what looks like Romance Section posts.

Have fun guys....men are just like women in the 21st century after all *leaves with laughter*

Make nobody bother to quote me o, I no dey read any post from this thread on my mentions grin

Miss you Cute face. Do not go too far. This thread feels kind of weak with so much testosterone in here. LOL.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 7:16pm On Feb 01, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Miss you Cute face. Do not go too far. This thread feels kind of weak with so much testosterone in here. LOL.
nah....there's a lot more estrogen here than many care to admit

Some people dey only show face when dem don see who to quarrel with, but y'all are accommodating grin, always refreshing to find a bytch nigga in the middle of footy discussions.

I like the Blue moon Forum better, at least there they stick to the topic and no gang ups. Lemme go back and read their posts, I may come and greet whenever Kelechi does something awesome wink

3 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:49pm On Feb 01, 2016
If he goes to the Olympics (which is a certainty) and wins that Gold with the team, that would only make him more valuable.

Truth is, he would likely begin pre-season with Man City in June and may stay till mid-July since the Olympics soccer event take place from 3-20 August. He will likely not join up with the latter parts of pre-season as the EPL kicks off in August.

Guardiola may be given a £150 million war-chest when he arrives @ManCity but Iheanacho's talents would be difficult to ignore because they fit Pep's philosophy perfectly. Besides, part of his Job at City will be to integrate potential worldclass talents at Man City's football academy into the main side to create that "fine balance".

But still there are no guarantees... Even Silva, Kompany, Hart, De Bruyne, Sterling and a few others would be @The Euros (Euro 2016» 10 June- 10 July).
Personal Verdict: they may join in for the latter parts of pre-season depending on their teams' progress.

While Kun Aguero, Fernandinho and Zabaleta will be @ Copa America 2016 (USA 2016» 3-26 June).
Personal Verdict: they will join up with Man City's latter part of pre-season.

So in all, most of the players are in the same boat.

tbaba1234:

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 8:03pm On Feb 01, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
If he goes to the Olympics (which is a certainty) and wins that Gold with the team, that would only make him more valuable.

Truth is, he would likely begin pre-season with Man City in June and may stay till mid-July since the Olympics soccer event take place from 3-20 August. He will likely not join up with the latter parts of pre-season as the EPL kicks off in August.

Guardiola may be given a £150 million war-chest when he arrives @ManCity but Iheanacho's talents would be difficult to ignore because they fit Pep's philosophy perfectly. Besides, part of his Job at City will be to integrate potential worldclass talents at Man City's football academy into the main side to create that "fine balance".

But still there are no guarantees... Even Silva, Kompany, Hart, De Bruyne, Sterling and a few others would be @The Euros (Euro 2016» 10 June- 10 July).
Personal Verdict: they may join in for the latter parts of pre-season depending on their teams' progress.

While Kun Aguero, Fernandinho and Zabaleta will be @ Copa America 2016 (USA 2016» 3-26 June).
Personal Verdict: they will join up with Man City's latter part of pre-season.

So in all, most of the players are in the same boat.

The difference is that the Olympics is played when the season is ongoing. So It will be hard to drop players who are already performing well. If, Nigeria can get a gold and Kelechi puts up a performance then his stock goes up, There are no guarantees though. It is always dicey with a new coach. Pep develops youth players so it might help Kelechi.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 8:08pm On Feb 01, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

As long as your prayers favor Iheanacho, it will favor us. tongue

Lol! Guardiola is my second favorite coach after Arsenal Wenger. He was one of d reasons y my favorite Spanish team is Barca , till date. Since he has chosen to join our title rivals, i dnt wish him well.
My own is i hope he doesn't truncate Iheanacho's progress.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:14pm On Feb 01, 2016
safarigirl:

Some people dey only show face when dem don see who to quarrel with, but y'all are accommodating grin, always refreshing to find a bytch nigga in the middle of footy discussions.

I like the Blue moon Forum better, at least there they stick to the topic and no gang ups. Lemme go back and read their posts, I may come and greet whenever Kelechi does something awesome wink

Ouch!!! That hurt someone but I do not know who.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 10:36pm On Feb 01, 2016
safarigirl:

See, my sister, it is comments like these that square u up against some pple here. U are one of my favorites here but i will still caution u when d need arises.

Some of us will read such comments as above and smile and move on with our discussion bt some of us also cannot jst ignore. They will throw 'jabs' back at u.

We are all here to chat and have fun. We should all try not to take things too personal. Try at times to ignore certain comments and mentions. You must not respond to every comment addressed at you. And this also goes to other peeps here. We should all see our selves as friends and family. We come to discuss Nigerian football. And one good thing abt this thread is we all celebrate at d successes of our players and teams.

We have managed to a large extent to keep our discussions going cordially and we must try to sustain it.

So safarigirl, everybody can never like u or me.We jst have to b our selves and accommodate other peoples views. Same goes to other forumites here.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by confun: 11:40pm On Feb 01, 2016
terzurum5:
[b][size=14pt]
Iheanacho: Man City Hat-trick Not My Greatest Moment
[/size]

Manchester City forward Kelechi Iheanacho has described his hat-trick heroics against Aston Villa in the Emirates FA Cup a great day in his football career but not the greatest day of his life.

The Nigerian international who also became the youngest player to score a hat-trick for Manchester City in 61 years, after Joe Hayes in 1955, told the club’s official website that he needs to keep working hard to actualize his dreams.

“I’m so glad to score a hat-trick, it’s a great day in my life but it’s not the greatest day of my life because I need to keep working hard. This is the starting point of my career so I need to keep going.

“It’s important to get an early goal. The penalty was very good, I took my time, it was a very good penalty for me,” Iheanacho told City TV.

Iheanacho who took his goal tally to eight this season in all competitions will however wait till Tuesday to find out if he will be included in the Citizens’ Champions League squad for the next round.​

Read more at http://www.completesportsnigeria.com/iheanacho-not-carried-away-man-city-hat-trick/#SBeHggkTYSFhv1TU.99
[/b]

hmm, d pix of ds boy during the 2013 U17 UAE keeps coming to my memory, very young and innocent at dt time, now is is a big boi, celebrated internationally, even FIFA had to congratulate him for the hatrick, may God bless my hussle too.....

3 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 10:43am On Feb 02, 2016
Icon4s:

See, my sister, it is comments like these that square u up against some pple here. U are one of my favorites here but i will still caution u when d need arises.

Some of us will read such comments as above and smile and move on with our discussion bt some of us also cannot jst ignore. They will throw 'jabs' back at u.

We are all here to chat and have fun. We should all try not to take things too personal. Try at times to ignore certain comments and mentions. You must not respond to every comment addressed at you. And this also goes to other peeps here. We should all see our selves as friends and family. We come to discuss Nigerian football. And one good thing abt this thread is we all celebrate at d successes of our players and teams.

We have managed to a large extent to keep our discussions going cordially and we must try to sustain it.

So safarigirl, everybody can never like u or me.We jst have to b our selves and accommodate other peoples views. Same goes to other forumites here.
I think I'm past the point where I care about who throws a jab or not.

If stating facts hurt some people, cry me a river, if I start talking about all the times I've contemplated suicide because of the comments of some of you guys, it's enough to make a case for a social media bill.

Since some people like to quote others three whole weeks after an altercation to make unsolicited comments and the rest of you just ignore/like it, then we can all get petty, can't we?

Funny how it took only my comment to draw this out of you, it's only when I post that most of you realize some things are extreme and inappropriate and we all have to 'understand' each other's differences

Icon abeg make una no dey quote me any how, I only replied because it's you. Make I dey go where men dey

Sayonara wink

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 10:48am On Feb 02, 2016
Icon4s:

Lol! Guardiola is my second favorite coach after Arsenal Wenger. He was one of d reasons y my favorite Spanish team is Barca , till date. Since he has chosen to join our title rivals, i dnt wish him well.
My own is i hope he doesn't truncate Iheanacho's progress.
He was bound to swim into the Premier League eventually, and it has to be one of the top teams as he has in LA Liga and Bundesliga.

As Arsenal plan to have Wenger as a coach till he dies or gets a stroke, title rivals was the easy choice.

Some have accused him of racism; hard to prove because he uses Coman, Costa, Boateng and Alaba....if Iheanacho is good enough, I doubt Pep will just shiiit on his talent.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 11:05am On Feb 02, 2016
safarigirl:
Just in case y'all haven't heard, Iheanacho has been added to City's Champions League squad.

So while Martial is out of CL, Kelechi is in...
.hopefully he scores goals to shut the United fans up
Oga Forgiveness, come out now and apologize to the whole World and just admit at least for once that Kelechi Iheanacho is more than my another great talent Dominic Solanke. gringrin

Oga ooo you na baba no fall my hand oooo
But hmmmmmmmmmmnnnnn Safarigirl, you wicked no be small. gringrin

Na joke ooooo

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 11:15am On Feb 02, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Staying and training every day with the top talents have rubbed off on him. Talent is not what makes greats. It is the continuous polishing of your talent.

Just like a bright student who does not read or a brilliant writer who does not write or a talented singer who does not spend the ideal amount of time in the studio recording.

He has seen that the top stars like Yaya, Sila, Aguero and Kompany work their socks off everyday to remain on top.

From Nacho's interviews, the Words from his coaches and team mates have sunk in and in a few years many will understand why you call him the "Alien Kid."

I still have my eyes on Chidera Ezeh and Saviour Godwin. I expect more from these two guys.
Unfortunately for Saviour Godwin, he is always on the bench of a comparatively small Club. While the rest are in better Clubs and receiving trainings from the best technical team and always get challenged and inspired by the the work rate of good players.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 11:25am On Feb 02, 2016
confun:
hmm, d pix of ds boy during the 2013 U17 UAE keeps coming to my memory, very young and innocent at dt time, now is is a big boi, celebrated internationally, even FIFA had to congratulate him for the hatrick, may God bless my hussle too.....
Congrats. This is the first or second time I have read your comments on this thread.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 11:50am On Feb 02, 2016
[size=14pt]
Iheanacho: Why I don't overdo goal celebration
[/size]

Manchester City Striker Kelechi Iheanacho

Manchester City man of the moment Kelechi Iheanacho has disclosed why he doesn't celebrate to much when he scores goals.

He said he thinks that will derail him from being focused on the job on the pitch.

"I don't celebrate too much because I think I have to focus on the game to concentrate and work hard so you can get more goals in the game," Iheanacho said.

The FIFA U17 World Cup winner at UAE 2013 has scored eight goals in all competitions this season for Manchester City.
http://africanfootball.com/news/607816/Iheanacho-Why-I-don-t-overdo-goal-celebration

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 12:21pm On Feb 02, 2016
[size=14pt]
Ajagun goes down with new club in Greece
[/size]

Ajagun

Former Nigeria Flying Eagles captain AbdulJeleel Ajagun debuted for his new Greek club APO Levadiakos on Sunday in a 2-0 loss at Asteras Tripolis.

Ajagun, who is on loan from Panathinaikos till the end of the season, was on from start to finish.

The 22-year-old midfielder joined Panathinaikos from Dolphins in the 2013/2014 season.

He has represented Nigeria at U17 and U20 levels.
http://africanfootball.com/news/607506/Ajagun-goes-down-with-new-club-in-Greece

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) ... (341) (Reply)

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.